Iodine and Potassium Iodide

Using linked spreadsheet we find 1 drop of 5% Lugola solution contains 6,23 mg od iodine, and 1 drop of 2% solution contains 2,25 mg of iodine, so the differences between linear calculating are not to important, especially for solutions lower than 5%.From the other hand, iodine can be tricky the lower the doses are, so that it is important to know precisely how low dose is.

Hello.

I wanted to share my recent experiences and Lessons with Lugols 5%.
I introduced it 2 years ago, and had detox effects but they were mainly psychical. I paused some weeks and In the meantime, I got all Amalgamfillings removed and made some detox.

I just took 1 drop oral diluted in water from time to time, mostly in combination with Selenium, B2, Mg citrate, VC, Salt or just put some drops on skin rashes or used it topically to lower menstruation cramps.

I started the next "honest" round of oral consumption in November this year with all recommended supplements (except VB3 nonflushing niacinamide - I do not like the sensations that arise from it). I added sylimarin and Cod liveroil. Sometimes grapefruit seedextract.

I should have been waiting by taking a higher dose and should have quit when signs of overload ocure, but I survived and for the future I will really go slow and stop immediately when experiencing any of the symptoms I had the last weeks. Seems I am more toxic than I have thought and have overloaded my system.

22.Nov:
2 drops - nothing happened.

23.Nov:
3 drops - Headache, different vision,

24.Nov:
3 drops - EXTREME Dizziness, Pain in some bodyparts, different vision but
the evening was fine - mainly no symptoms

25.Nov:
3 drops -same as Friday; felt a part of brain behind the eyes;

26.Nov:
3 drops on the heel - dizziness

27.Nov:
1 drop - mild discomfort in the evening

28.Nov:
2 drops - ziehen muscles round the breast

29.Nov:
2 drops - i was tired every day when getting up even when sleeping long - but not today. I had ENERGY in the morning! That was something New!
Slight discomfort when swallowing.

30.Nov:
2 drops - felt fine, so clear and full of energy

1.Dec:
3 drops: zischer in right shoulder, a bit more sentimental, just minor discomfort

2.Dec:
6 Drops topically on the skin
Ears start to rang but I felt full of energy but also hyperactive) and heatsensitivity.
I discovered in the evening something great: I felt always pain when putting fingers on every point of my scalp but that pain was gone. Maybe some metal or halogendetox? Do you know the massagedevice with many metal strains to massage your scalp? The usage felt so extremely fine and gave me a feeling that you should never stop to massage me with this. That is gone. I do not like metal-strains on my scalp anymore.

3.Dec:
2 drops
tearing round the heart, a starting sore throat (but was exposed to cold air late yesterday evening),

4.Dec:
1 drop BUT 4 drops on the skin
Anxiety, panic, insomnia, slight swelling of the thyroid - nearly went to the Emergency - salt loading did a great thing!

5.Dec:
1 drop
circulation problems, anxiety, vivid dreams - smoking tabac helped me to calm down

6.Dec:
1 drop - lymphnodes swollen on the right shoulder, heartpalpitations, anxiety
added extra Mg,

7:Dec:
just supplements, noises in my head (like splitting crystals), higher heartbeat but OK.

8.Dec:
panikattack with dizziness, slight thyroidswelling,
in the evening: relaxation

9.Dec:
just supplements; feel a bit tired, eczema on the ear, pain left shoulder if someone is squeezing from the inside - but no constant pain)

10.Dec:
just supplements;
dizziness, anxious, pain left shoulder (lymph?)

11.Dec:
just supplements;
much earwax, had problems with my ears for the last years but this feels better now.
Introduced skin brushing and infrared light.

Overall I have more energy and are really awake in the morning, something I have not known for the last years. But I will be cautious the next time and will start low with one drop on the heel for

Even though you feel better, I think it is best to reserve iodine for last. Like with a heavy metal detox protocol. Usually it is recommended to spend a couple of years changing the diet and healing the gut before embarking on heavy-duty stuff like a heavy metal detox with DMSA.

I know a lot of people have had excellent results with iodine. But others have had such negative experience with detox symptoms, that it gives one pause. At least you knew what to expect. Research as always is fundamental.

Glad to hear you're feeling better!

From what I read, it is experiences people on polish fora, such a problems seem to be connected with low doses - between 5 and 50 mg - the higher the dose, the less the chance for any problems. I think it can be compared to effect washing yorself with too small amount of water (like teaspoon). You just smear the problem all over, without significant progress.

Michał said:
From what I read, it is experiences people on polish fora, such a problems seem to be connected with low doses - between 5 and 50 mg - the higher the dose, the less the chance for any problems. I think it can be compared to effect washing yorself with too small amount of water (like teaspoon). You just smear the problem all over, without significant progress.

That is counter to the experiences of people here. Many have had to take very small amounts spaced over several days in order to tolerate any iodine. I think telling someone who has problems with small amounts of iodine to take large amounts of iodine would be a disaster.

I had two business trips to China last year (2017.) and I packed, among other supplements in my check-in luggage, Lugol solution 5%. Usually 30-70 mL of solution in glass packing inside another plastic container (because of the spilling possibility).
Security scanners picked up something everytime Lugols was in the luggage and I had to open my suitcase every time for the security agents inspection. They couldn't tell me what exactly was the problem - one time they said flammable and one time radiation scanner readings. After theirs "expertise" inspection of the closed bottle and my "these are my thyroid supplements" explanation, there was no problem. Interstingly, I had no problems on big international airports but only on Chinese domestic flights.
On my second trip, before returning back to my country, I threw the remaining Lugols and only then I didn't have any problems with the check-in security.

I have two theories as to why:
1. Chinese domestic security scanners are too sensitive and pick up even the smallest vapors - after one day flights, I could see the colored stains all over my two-container packing because Lugols is very aggressive and goes through "everything" eventually;
2. Lugols has picked up some small amounts of radioactivity, somewhere in its production-exploatation life or during the long flights.

If anyone had similar experience, feedback would be nice.
I couldn't find any info on the internet.

Merci The TODD pour le partage de cette expérience très intéressante...

Thank you The TODD for sharing this very interesting experience...

TheTodd said:
I had two business trips to China last year (2017.) and I packed, among other supplements in my check-in luggage, Lugol solution 5%. Usually 30-70 mL of solution in glass packing inside another plastic container (because of the spilling possibility).
Security scanners picked up something everytime Lugols was in the luggage and I had to open my suitcase every time for the security agents inspection. They couldn't tell me what exactly was the problem - one time they said flammable and one time radiation scanner readings. After theirs "expertise" inspection of the closed bottle and my "these are my thyroid supplements" explanation, there was no problem. Interstingly, I had no problems on big international airports but only on Chinese domestic flights.
On my second trip, before returning back to my country, I threw the remaining Lugols and only then I didn't have any problems with the check-in security.

I have two theories as to why:
1. Chinese domestic security scanners are too sensitive and pick up even the smallest vapors - after one day flights, I could see the colored stains all over my two-container packing because Lugols is very aggressive and goes through "everything" eventually;
2. Lugols has picked up some small amounts of radioactivity, somewhere in its production-exploatation life or during the long flights.

If anyone had similar experience, feedback would be nice.
I couldn't find any info on the internet.

Can be perceived by scanners as a corrosive substance, in a cabinet where I keep my lugol solution in a larger amount of about 1 liter, and several grams of pure iodine, hinges after more than a year they are all covered with rust.

Iodin is used in radiology as contrast product during CT scans, so it's not surprising that the airpot scanners detected it.

So, No :)

nature said:
Iodin is used in radiology as contrast product during CT scans, so it's not surprising that the airpot scanners detected it.

Contrast product? What does that mean? Why would it set the scanner on?

TheTodd said:
nature said:

Contrast product? What does that mean? Why would it set the scanner on?

Hi TheTodd, I think this is what nature meant by "contrast product": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iodinated_contrast But I don't know why it would set the scanner on.

The "flammable" and "radioactive" parts are interesting too, strange stuff :huh:

because iodine is radio-opaque.
Idem calcium for example: if you have a kidney stone (high concentration of calcium), the standard radio or the CTscan will see it. This is why the skull bone on the CTscan from the link Ant22 gave appears in white.
Other radio-opaque object: metallic ones. The CT scan at the airport is able to see them. Haven't you never seen their screen? It's funny to see your suitcase's objects on the screen!

PS: radio-opaque means it stops the radiations sent by the radiographic device: radiations don't cross the contrast product over. Whereas soft tissues let them beeing crossed and the X rays go and hit the film (or other receptor)

hlat said:
Michał said:

That is counter to the experiences of people here. Many have had to take very small amounts spaced over several days in order to tolerate any iodine. I think telling someone who has problems with small amounts of iodine to take large amounts of iodine would be a disaster.

To be honest, I had little to no detox symptoms when taking mega-doses (upwards of 150mg) 1.5 years ago. Then I took a month or so break and came back with much lower doses and experienced more detox symptoms. My rationale as to why it happened this way was because I was so depleted in the beginning. Therefore, all of the iodine was consumed by empty receptor sites before there was any left left over to detox.

I'm not sure it works quite like that but recently I've had to spend about 3 months of slowly working my way back up to taking one drop daily. Starting out, I couldn't take a single drop 2 days in a row without getting a headache. Sometimes this would happen even with a 2 day break. Now I'm fine with a daily dose, save for a few skin rashes that itch sometimes but don't bother me otherwise. Those too, are subsiding however and yesterday I actually took a double dose (2 drops of 10%) without issue.

Back
Top Bottom