Iodine and Potassium Iodide

goyacobol said:
romochar said:
Thank you HLAT, our problem is that my partner has grown an allergy to oranges, and othert things after childbirth and ageing.

So I guess just using vitC will help? She has used it topically on a less regular basis but it has improved our health in many ways so far. We are grateful for having learned about this on the forum. Also, everyone we have suggested it to and that has used it, has had positive respose, for us it has been a wonderful change from all the crap we've been prescribed for various problems such as even asthma...

Thank you!!!

Romochar,

I think HLAT means iodine is NOT supposed to be taken with orange juice. The vitamin C in the orange juice will neutralize the iodine's effectiveness. So it is OK if your partner avoids orange juice which will help the idodine to work since vitamin C taken too close to the iodine dose will neutralize it. You can take vitamin C but give it at least 30-60 mins (my understanding only) before/after taking the iodine. One person actually gave a tip here for cleaning iodine stains by rubbing with vitamin C powder (ascorbic acid). I tried it and it works great.

From what I remember vitamin C should be taken as far away from iodine as possible, I think 3pm was mentioned earlier in this thread (when iodine was taken with breakfast). 30 minutes may not be enough, especially if you've been eating. 30-60 minutes after a meal I still feel I have food in your tummy so I guess it's likely some orange juice would still be there too.

I think the 30-60 minutes applies to the amount of time we should wait before taking iodine after we've taken our morning dose of salt in water.

Ant22 said:
goyacobol said:
romochar said:
Thank you HLAT, our problem is that my partner has grown an allergy to oranges, and othert things after childbirth and ageing.

So I guess just using vitC will help? She has used it topically on a less regular basis but it has improved our health in many ways so far. We are grateful for having learned about this on the forum. Also, everyone we have suggested it to and that has used it, has had positive respose, for us it has been a wonderful change from all the crap we've been prescribed for various problems such as even asthma...

Thank you!!!

Romochar,

I think HLAT means iodine is NOT supposed to be taken with orange juice. The vitamin C in the orange juice will neutralize the iodine's effectiveness. So it is OK if your partner avoids orange juice which will help the idodine to work since vitamin C taken too close to the iodine dose will neutralize it. You can take vitamin C but give it at least 30-60 mins (my understanding only) before/after taking the iodine. One person actually gave a tip here for cleaning iodine stains by rubbing with vitamin C powder (ascorbic acid). I tried it and it works great.

From what I remember vitamin C should be taken as far away from iodine as possible, I think 3pm was mentioned earlier in this thread (when iodine was taken with breakfast). 30 minutes may not be enough, especially if you've been eating. 30-60 minutes after a meal I still feel I have food in your tummy so I guess it's likely some orange juice would still be there too.

I think the 30-60 minutes applies to the amount of time we should wait before taking iodine after we've taken our morning dose of salt in water.

Ant22,

I guess the salt water is at least 40 min-1 hour according to Gaby in a SOTT article Dec. 2015. Just from memory it gets difficult (for me anyway) to remember all the specific details.
Sometimes I forget specific details so "my understanding only" should have researched more before putting that out there but there is a good reference on SOTT by Gaby that might help (the whole article is a good reference).

Iodine - Suppressed knowledge that can change your life

Take antioxidants in order to decrease the fire of oxidative damage. Vitamin C 3-10 grams throughout the day. Take 3 grams of vitamin C at least one hour after your lugol dose, preferably two hours later. You can repeat the dose according to bowel tolerance if there are strong detox reactions triggered by the iodine. Avoid taking vitamin C after 4pm as it can give insomnia due to its energizing effects.

Also if you are taking the salt water there is a time factor:

Drink enough water and take unrefined salted water in order to detoxify bromide. Chloride is an effective competitive inhibitor of toxic bromide and unrefined salt is sodium chloride. It is impossible to lower bromide compounds in the body if you don't ingest unrefined salt, some 1-1.5 teaspoons per day. An adequate intake of unrefined salt in the body is also essential to minimize inflammatory oxidative stress. Take at least 1/4 teaspoon of unrefined salt in 8 oz. of water upon rising and at least twice a day. Make sure to take your lugol away from the salted water, at least 40 min-1 hour.

In short,
1/2 to 1 tsp of sea salt in a tall glass of water upon arising.

Lugol's (start with lowest dose) after breakfast or meals, don't take it after 4pm (it energizes you).
200 mg of B2 (riboflavin) per day. Can be taken in two doses with your lugols.
1000 mg of B3 (niacinamide) taken in two doses with lugols.
200 mcg selenium (not more!) ONCE a day with morning dose.
3 to 10 grams of vitamin C - divide into two doses taken an hour after lugols.
500 mg of magnesium - glycinate is excellent - taken at night.
Protect the liver with NAC, ALA and/or milk thistle.

goyacobol said:
Ant22 said:
goyacobol said:
romochar said:

Thank you!!!

Romochar,

Ant22,

I guess the salt water is at least 40 min-1 hour according to Gaby in a SOTT article Dec. 2015. Just from memory it gets difficult (for me anyway) to remember all the specific details.
Sometimes I forget specific details so "my understanding only" should have researched more before putting that out there but there is a good reference on SOTT by Gaby that might help (the whole article is a good reference).

Iodine - Suppressed knowledge that can change your life

Take antioxidants in order to decrease the fire of oxidative damage. Vitamin C 3-10 grams throughout the day. Take 3 grams of vitamin C at least one hour after your lugol dose, preferably two hours later. You can repeat the dose according to bowel tolerance if there are strong detox reactions triggered by the iodine. Avoid taking vitamin C after 4pm as it can give insomnia due to its energizing effects.

Also if you are taking the salt water there is a time factor:

Drink enough water and take unrefined salted water in order to detoxify bromide. Chloride is an effective competitive inhibitor of toxic bromide and unrefined salt is sodium chloride. It is impossible to lower bromide compounds in the body if you don't ingest unrefined salt, some 1-1.5 teaspoons per day. An adequate intake of unrefined salt in the body is also essential to minimize inflammatory oxidative stress. Take at least 1/4 teaspoon of unrefined salt in 8 oz. of water upon rising and at least twice a day. Make sure to take your lugol away from the salted water, at least 40 min-1 hour.

In short,
1/2 to 1 tsp of sea salt in a tall glass of water upon arising.

Lugol's (start with lowest dose) after breakfast or meals, don't take it after 4pm (it energizes you).
200 mg of B2 (riboflavin) per day. Can be taken in two doses with your lugols.
1000 mg of B3 (niacinamide) taken in two doses with lugols.
200 mcg selenium (not more!) ONCE a day with morning dose.
3 to 10 grams of vitamin C - divide into two doses taken an hour after lugols.
500 mg of magnesium - glycinate is excellent - taken at night.
Protect the liver with NAC, ALA and/or milk thistle.

Wow, well researched :) Thank you for clarifying it goyacobol!

Actually, iodine is one of the very few supplements that mainstream medicine recommends in pregnant women. They do recommend the bare minimum dose though.

Here is an interesting video with some research about it......

Hi Gaby, thanks a lot for reply, I started to take Lugol's 2% by morning , once a day, since middle of November-17, into my 26 weeks pregnancy to now- 38 weeks, following the Iodine protocol, suggested in this link:

https://es.sott.net/article/43075-El-Yodo-un-conocimiento-ocultado-que-puede-cambiar-su-vida

and I got a few symptoms of detoxification, starting on the right side of my body, head and hand, burning sensation in my stomach when I take the iodine, then lightly my left hand, and a little bit the heels of my feet.

Now I feel very well, only slightly the tingling in my right hand persists a bit ...
-I would appreciate very much if you had any suggestions about how long it would be convenient to follow the iodine protocol?
-Other question is at what time of the day is it convenient to take the NAC or ALA, I assumed by the order of the list that could be at the end of the day ?, could it be correct or not?

I appreciate your suggestions because in total agreement with TheTodd's comment :) in this reply:
In my experience, gynecologists and pediatricians are educated poorly to none in modern supplementation and diet discoveries so my recommendation is to take their advices very carefully.
When I asked my gynecologist about the Lugol, he only made the comment that I should avoid consuming it, because the excess of salt could cause stress to the baby .... :huh:

My wife took Lugols 5% 2 drops every day (plus the iodine in prenatal supplements) during her entire pregnancy and still takes as the child is 1 year old. Our child is (very) healthy and progressing nicely.
I do have to mention that we had him vaccinated just for tuberculosis (just after birth) and no other vaccination. She supplemented only Lugols, magnesium chloride, prenatal and vit C (Vit C rarely). And we gave him vit D first 6 months.

In my experience, gynecologists and pediatricians are educated poorly to none in modern supplementation and diet discoveries so my recommendation is to take their advices very carefully.

Hi TheTodd :) ,thanks for reply, and your valuable comment from your experience...
Now, I'm pretty close to the childbirth and I have a lot questions about vaccines, and I already Know is very questionable the suggestions in hospitals or the mayority of doctor about vaccines, seems like they want just put a bounch of vaccines at the same time like the best thing to do, without caring about the great amount of consequences for the baby because of it.

I'll appreciate if you have a chance of reply, your comments...
-your wife took the Lugol uninterruptedly? Did she follow Lugol's protocol?

-In your experience which are the most important vaccines for the first year of the baby ?, I suppose that if the mother continues taking the Lugol during lactation it benefits and protects the baby, or counteracts the toxicity of the vaccines ...?

-You know of some source of reliable information about vaccination for newborns

I suppose now the importance of sharing experiences makes us aware of other possibilities....

Jess said:
-In your experience which are the most important vaccines for the first year of the baby ?, I suppose that if the mother continues taking the Lugol during lactation it benefits and protects the baby, or counteracts the toxicity of the vaccines ...?

Please no vaccines for the baby. I'll go one step further and ask no needles of any kind for the baby. Vitamin K can be given to baby through your breast milk by you taking Vitamin K supplements. Just say no to vaccines.

Jess said:
Now I feel very well, only slightly the tingling in my right hand persists a bit ...
-I would appreciate very much if you had any suggestions about how long it would be convenient to follow the iodine protocol?
-Other question is at what time of the day is it convenient to take the NAC or ALA, I assumed by the order of the list that could be at the end of the day ?, could it be correct or not?

You can skip a day or two and see if the symptoms clear themselves up.

NAC or ALA are meant to support the liver and any of them is best taken after a meal.

Make sure your blood tests stay in range and that detox symptoms go away. It is preferable to aim for less doses or lower doses than to force your body.

Jess said:

Hello Jess, first of all congratulations for your new addition to the family!

I've been doing the iodine protocol since 2015 and plan on continuing it for the forseeable future. I'm pretty sure Laura posted a while back that this was something that should be a long-term supplementation because of all the environmental stress that our bodies are exposed to and because of the lack of proper nutrients in our food nowadays. (I'm paraphrasing a lot here because I can't remember the specific post)

I don't suffer from any significant health issues so I just take a really small maintenance dose most days (I'll miss a few if I'm on holiday or if I leave the house real early and don't get back till late) then supplement with vitamin C, NAC and magnesium which keep me feeling tip-top.

All the best for you and your little one :)

p.s. I'd also recommend researching as much as you can about vaccines as they can be so harmful!

Jess said:
My wife took Lugols 5% 2 drops every day (plus the iodine in prenatal supplements) during her entire pregnancy and still takes as the child is 1 year old. Our child is (very) healthy and progressing nicely.
I do have to mention that we had him vaccinated just for tuberculosis (just after birth) and no other vaccination. She supplemented only Lugols, magnesium chloride, prenatal and vit C (Vit C rarely). And we gave him vit D first 6 months.

Hi TheTodd :) ,thanks for reply, and your valuable comment from your experience...
Now, I'm pretty close to the childbirth and I have a lot questions about vaccines, and I already Know is very questionable the suggestions in hospitals or the mayority of doctor about vaccines, seems like they want just put a bounch of vaccines at the same time like the best thing to do, without caring about the great amount of consequences for the baby because of it.

I'll appreciate if you have a chance of reply, your comments...
-your wife took the Lugol uninterruptedly? Did she follow Lugol's protocol?

I suppose now the importance of sharing experiences makes us aware of other possibilities....

Yes, my wife took Lugols constantly while she was pregnant and one year after birth but after that she tends to forget. Now she takes probably three or four days a week. All this time she is on 2 drops 5% Lugols. She had some kind of flu while she was pregnant and then she took 8 drops a few days. From my experience, more then two drops of Lugols 5% starts a noticeable detoxification after a few days and we didn't want that because of the baby although I cannot state that more than that is bad (for the baby).
What do you mean by Lugol's protocol?

The only reason we vaccinated our baby against tuberculosis was confusion. I didn't know my wife was going to agree to that vaccination because I didn't explain to her, clear enough, the dangers of vaccines and I forgot, (with all that was happening at that time) they administered vaccines pretty quickly in the hospital, before I could repeat my opinion. Also, we had the baby two weeks before term and I was naively thinking iodine would quickly negate every potential vaccine side effect. Later I learned it took quite some time and patience for the iodine to help you all that it can, before you can build a strong immunity. Detoxification is hard and long for most people but toxicity is probably the main cause of modern diseases.

There are many articles on sott.net discusing vaccines and I have probably read most of them plus the articles from my country (Croatia) plus I had interviews with pediatrician and immunologist plus I have seen many TV shows and read facebook discusions and I still could not recommend to some stranger not to vaccinate. The reason is that it's not that simple:
- Vaccines differ from country to country;
- infectious diseases differ from country to country;
- immune systems differs from child to child;
- some vaccines (as I can tell) do protect for some period of time;
- most of people do not know the importance of supplementation and basics of real nutritionism;
- most people put too much faith in doctors;
- most people have zero alternative treatments knowledge; etc.
And yes, our pediatrician was so super eager just to vaccinate that we caught her lying a couple of times regarding the vaccine information. Mostly she lied that no one of her patients had any major side effects after vaccination (we knew that one of her patient-child went into coma for 2 days just 2 days after vaccination), vaccine content and testing length. They just want to get it done and forget about it and you are potentially stuck with a sick child for the rest of your life.
My mother and my grandmother, as children, build immunity by suffering through all the infectious diseases available at that time and they had no problems after that. Back then, it was a normal thing.
Our child goes to a Private kindergarten (state wants immunization proof before you can put your child in a public kindergarten) and there, half of the children are vaccinated and half are not but the kindergarten teacher tells us there is no difference between sickens ratio between the two "groups", as she can tell. Our child was sick only once, since birth, with a mild flu, three days even thought he fairly "mingles" around different people outside. He had elevated temperature a few times because of teething. I put a few drops of Lugols and magnesium in his bath and he still occasionally breastfeeds (17 months old, yeah, maybe it's time to ween him off already :)).

So, as I can tell, it is a risk to vaccinate and it's a risk not to vaccinate. To me, and my wife, all things considering about our lifestyle, it was a far greater risk to vaccinate. And mostly thanks to iodine. Strong immunity is the key.

Jess said:

Hi, I don't know much about iodine as it relates to myself, or anyone else, but a youtube search of Dr Suzanne Humphries and infant or neonatal immunity is a good place to look for information of immunity and issues with vaccines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElI5q0BWKv0

Also, the US based National Vaccine Information Center is a good source for US residents.
http://www.nvic.org/

Since it seems that about everybody is iodine deficient and nobody gets enough in their diets, my choice is to continue iodine supplementation pretty much continuously. Just a drop or two every day. Same with magnesium.

Laura said:
Since it seems that about everybody is iodine deficient and nobody gets enough in their diets, my choice is to continue iodine supplementation pretty much continuously. Just a drop or two every day. Same with magnesium.

As soon as I realized vast benefits of iodine (and magnesium), I made the same decision - iodine is probably here to stay for the rest of my life. And with the same importance, I use it as a primary weapon for healing. As soon as I get sick, fell like getting sick or I was in a contact with "suspicious" people I just increase the dosage (8-16 drops 5% and more magnesium) those days.
I am still on a 2 drops/day minimum, but my current plan is to get to those magical 16 drops/day and keep at it for a year and then lower it to a maintenance dose of 4-8 drops/day. See as how I'm supplementing it for over two years now, some time will still pass to reach that figure. I apply impulse dosing to speed up the process.

Moi aussi, j'ai repris depuis quelques jours le Lugol 12 % (je l'avais arrêté suite à mes analyses de sang du 16 09 17 :
TSH US 19.341 mUI/l au lieu de 0.4 à 4
Antériorité 09.01.17 : 1.647 après un arrêt de Lugol 12 % (3 gouttes ) pendant 6 mois

Depuis le 25 01 18
Directement au lever le matin : ½ cuillère à café de sel marin Celtic dans un grand verre d'eau
1 heure après : Lugol 1 goutte 12% dans un verre d'eau
Petit déjeuner : 2 cuillerées à café de Glycine qui adoucit mon thé
Directement avec le petit-déjeuner (bol de thé) : 1 comprimé super vitamine B complexe, 1 comprimé sélénium, 1 gélule vitamine D, 1 comprimé Vit A
1 heure après 3 grammes L-Arginine
Directement après le déjeuner midi : Chardon-Marie 1 comprimé ou 1 comprimé de NAC, 1 comprimé Probiotique
Dans l'après-midi : 1 cuillerée à café Vitamine C dans un verre d’eau
Avant de dormir : magnésium 1 comprimé

For a few days, I also took back the 12% Lugol (I had stopped it after my blood tests on 16 09 17:
TSH US 19.341 mUI/l instead of 0.4 to 4
Precedence 09.01.17:1.647 after stopping Lugol 12% (3 drops) for 6 months

Since 25 01 18
Directly when you wake up in the morning:? teaspoon of Celtic sea salt in a large glass of water
1 hour later: Lugol 1 drop 12% in a glass of water
Breakfast: 2 teaspoons of Glycine to soften my tea
Directly with breakfast (tea bowl): 1 super vitamin B complex tablet, 1 selenium tablet, 1 vitamin D capsule, 1 Vitamin A tablet.
1 hour after 3 grams L-Arginine
Directly after lunch noon: Milk Thistle 1 tablet or 1 tablet of NAC, 1 Probiotic tablet
In the afternoon: 1 teaspoon Vitamin C in a glass of water
Before Sleep: Magnesium 1 tablet

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Really so thankful with all your commentaries, then keep going in the good way with the iodine.

If this process help in nowadays for the people we already here, I suppose this prepare or serve to the new generations of babys to their body for to get better adaptation to the toxic enviorment that we already have now...

thanks a lot :) :)

TheTodd said:
I am still on a 2 drops/day minimum, but my current plan is to get to those magical 16 drops/day and keep at it for a year and then lower it to a maintenance dose of 4-8 drops/day. See as how I'm supplementing it for over two years now, some time will still pass to reach that figure. I apply impulse dosing to speed up the process.

Why do you think that 16 drops/day is magical?

PERLOU said:
1 hour later: Lugol 1 drop 12% in a glass of water

Good. Stay on 1 drop, Perlou.

Back
Top Bottom