Iodine and Potassium Iodide

Merci Persej avant j'en prenais 3 gouttes chaque jour...

Thank you Persej before I took 3 drops every day...

Laura said:
Perceval said:
Came across this video from a Dr. Haskell on Iodine supplement warnings. He gives some interesting information.
Yes, he does; and makes good points. I think he's mostly right. As we've been saying, MOST people don't need higher doses, and if they do use them, they only need them for awhile! Thus, the testing is crucial.

And, first sign of unpleasant stuff, stop taking the lugols and drink a couple glasses of salt water a day and take vitamin C to detox. In fact, I'm wondering if just plain potassium iodide is not good enough for most people?
Indeed, at one stage (kinesiology) I tested for NO requirement for iodine, (my body literally didn't know what to do with it!) then, I tested, later, months later, that I was iodine deficient. So, it seems to be a pretty fluid situation and one, that unless a person is tested for it, a person could overdose and potentially harm oneself. It is a very individualistic situation. I thought this recent YouTube presentation from Ty Bollinger with Dr Edward Group was quite interesting. 25 mcgs a day increases the excretion of toxic heavy metals! We're talking about micrgrams, not miligrams or grams. Not something you should take over a long period of time. And then he goes on to talk about nascent iodine.... Good Lord, who thought it would be so complicated!

https://go2.thetruthaboutcancer.com/interviews/iodine/?gl=5aa3163a210d2aae49f85229

sToRmR1dR said:
Now I am taking 4 drops of 10% Lugols.I feel good, no detox symptoms. :)

Great sToRmR1dR! I was wondering if you've also noticed any positive effects of iodine?

After nearly 2 and a half years of taking 8-10 drops of 12% lugol (huge, I know) I had to gradually lower my dosage and now I'm on 2 drops. My body started to oppose high dosages and I feel just as good on lower ones now. I still take all other supplements though.

Ant22 said:
sToRmR1dR said:

Great sToRmR1dR! I was wondering if you've also noticed any positive effects of iodine?

After nearly 2 and a half years of taking 8-10 drops of 12% lugol (huge, I know) I had to gradually lower my dosage and now I'm on 2 drops. My body started to oppose high dosages and I feel just as good on lower ones now. I still take all other supplements though.

Good to hear that you are doing well without any detox symptoms sToRmR1dR. Take care. :)

Ant22, it is probably because your body is saturated with iodine so you don't need so much anymore. I don't know for sure, just thinking. :)

And yesterday i have some health issues and Iodine helped a lot.
Saturday night some old good friends invited us in a nearby restaurant. We ate some pork, and it was very delicious, and 15-20 mins after I eat my meal i noticed that my stomach is feeling very heavy. I was suspecting food poisoning.

Next morning I got up early and I still had that unpleasant feeling in my stomach. I didn't eat anything for breakfast that morning. After that, I have a feeling that I need to vomit but I could not. Sunday nights I could not sleep at all and now I had a fever( 37.5C), vomiting and diarrhea.

I get up Monday morning I I felt so exhausted that I could barely stand on my feet. I was suspecting food poisoning or some stomach flu. Other people who ate at that restaurant were fine, so stomach flue was also an option.

I was thinking to take iodine but I felt so bad that I was afraid that If I took at that moment I would have detox symptoms and that I will feel worse.
I spent the whole day without putting anything in my mouth. Even thinking about any kind of food was making my stomach turnaround.

I was taking only pills of medical charcoal. It was really helpful.
Tuesday night I woke up at 4 am with the need to vomit, I tried but I could not. I was so exhausted that it was hard to me to even open my eyes. I took another dose of medical charcoal and after 30 mins I felt better I and fell asleep. In the morning I was a mess. I decided to take iodine and see what will happen.

I took 7 drops of 10% Lugols on an empty stomach. It was empty without any food for 2 days. In a matter of few hours, I felt much better and my energy comes back.
At 6:00 pm in the evening I even went to the gym. I thought that I would go just to stretch myself a little but I have done a decent training session.

Whatever it was, Iodine makes it go in a matter of hours and restored my energy levels. I just made a mistake that I didn't take iodine at the first signs of the symptoms. The lesson is learned for the next time.

Konstantin said:
I took 7 drops of 10% Lugols on an empty stomach. It was empty without any food for 2 days. In a matter of few hours, I felt much better and my energy comes back.
At 6:00 pm in the evening I even went to the gym. I thought that I would go just to stretch myself a little but I have done a decent training session.

Whatever it was, Iodine makes it go in a matter of hours and restored my energy levels. I just made a mistake that I didn't take iodine at the first signs of the symptoms. The lesson is learned for the next time.

Yup same with me - on couple of occasions when i had some serious diarrhea troubles, i've just applied 15- 20 drops of 12% iodine and voila - could feel stomach improvement in couple of minutes. First time i used this nukin' method i was in doubt, but after i was almost like could not wait for another opportunity (come on diarrhea - COME ON!!! :-[ ) to experiment with this method. An oh boy how it is efficient :wizard:

At this point, I'm taking 2, 3, or 4 drops a day; usually two, but now and then 3, and more rarely 4. I like to mix it up a little. When I take 4, I have TOO much detox, when I have 3, only a little, and with 2 I know I'm getting daily maintenance. I do it this way because I know I need detoxing, but I also know I need to do it gradually and gently.

It's taken me awhile to figure out that helping the body to heal itself takes time. Just about anything you try should be done consistently for at least three months just to see the first really good indications that the body is doing something.

gnosisxsophia said:
Persej said:
PERLOU said:
1 hour later: Lugol 1 drop 12% in a glass of water

Good. Stay on 1 drop, Perlou.

G'day Persej,

May I ask why you recommend limiting to the 1 drop?

Would that be around 6mg per dose?

Thanks

J

It was recommended because a couple of us did get problems even with one drop of lugol. Some had to go to heel application or stop taking iodine some time because of major issues. For more information you may want to do your research especially checking all the information provided in this thread. You could also check SOTT especially Gaby's article "Iodine - Suppressed knowledge that can change your life".

Ant22 said:
sToRmR1dR said:

Having more energy, singing more beautiful... :)

Thanks!

Dirgni said:
It was recommended because a couple of us did get problems even with one drop of lugol. Some had to go to heel application or stop taking iodine some time because of major issues. For more information you may want to do your research especially checking all the information provided in this thread. You could also check SOTT especially Gaby's article "Iodine - Suppressed knowledge that can change your life".

Thanks Dirgni,

Yes after reading the differing testimonials I decided to start off conservatively and have been taking only a 1mg or so a day since Christmas. Although my natural inclination was to start on mega doses unfortunately the corresponding period has had me feeling particularly hammered (almost viral) which I don't think is Iodines fault but more likely due to other factors and I am considering upping the dose to >12mg/day to see what happens. Which is where my interest in Persej's comment originates.

Thanks for posting Dr Segura's article also - I finally clicked that you guys are talking 'Medical Drops' and not Metric :rolleyes:

image.png

Best Regards

J

Glad to say I've finally got my hands on some 15% solution, so will be moving up to 6mg a day and see what happens:-)

The Therapeutic Goods Administration (read Australian Government) don't seem to be fans though :shock:

i.png

'Please note due to TGA rules we are not allowed to recommend our Lugols Iodine for internal or external use as it is labeled as a schedule 6 poison and not a schedule 2 therapeutic product.'

No wonder it's hard to find down here.....

Bottoms up :cool:

Hello everyone!

Now I am taking (second day) 6 drops of 10% Lugol, 100 µg Selenium and 4 x 500mg Vitamin C. I feel a bit nervous. :-)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom