Malaysian Airlines Flight 17 Crashes in Ukraine

And another pretty girl resigns from RT:

Russia Today reporter resigns in protest at MH17 coverage

A London-based correspondent of Kremlin-funded news channel Russia Today has resigned in protest at its coverage of the shooting down of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17.

Sara Firth, who worked at Russia Today for five years, described the channel’s reporting of the crash in which 298 people were killed, including a former BBC journalist, as the “straw that broke the camel’s back”. :rolleyes:

Russia Today, which has been criticised as a propaganda mouthpiece for the Russian government, suggested Ukraine was to blame for the crash, while most media organisations have said it was shot down by a suspected Russian-made missile.

“It was the most shockingly obvious misinformation and it got to the point where I couldn’t defend it any more,” Firth told the Guardian.

“When this story broke that was the moment I knew I had to go. I walked into the newsroom and there was an eyewitness account making allegations [against Ukraine] and analysis, if you can call it, from our correspondent in the studio.

“It was just appalling, in a situation like that where there are families waiting to be informed and a devastating loss of life.”

She added: “I have always fought against this argument that RT is an evil network but you wake up and think, that’s just wrong.

“It was not an easy decision, I started my career at RT, and I respect many of the team there. In the end it got to the point where I couldn’t defend it and I didn’t believe there was something to defend. A story like this really highlights it.”

Firth said she previously had a “lot of editorial independence” filming reports for the network but said there had previously been examples of senior editorial interference, and said she had been pulled out of Syria after some “very heated discussions” about the channel’s coverage.

Firth said on Twitter: “I resigned from RT today. I have huge respect for many in the team, but I’m for the truth.” :rolleyes:

In an indication of what was to come, she had earlier tweeted: “RT style guide Rule 1: It is ALWAYS * Ukraine’s fault (* add name as applicable).”

Firth said: “There is bias against Russia but you don’t counter wrong by doing even more wrong. They are putting all this money into making it look like the truth and it’s not, it’s just so sad. It’s so close sometimes to be being great.

“I have always said it’s better to have RT than to not have that perspective, but actually with a story like this and they way they misreport it, it’s quite dangerous, I don’t want to be party to it.”

One story on the RT website posted on Thursday – and later toned down – was headlined: “President Putin’s plane might have been the target for Ukrainian missile – sources”.

The RT press office issued the following statement: “We were not surprised by Sara Firth’s decision to leave RT after five years as a Moscow and London correspondent, as she has recently informed us that she was likely to take an offer from another firm.

“The plane crash is an absolutely terrible tragedy, there are a lot of questions that surround it and everybody is looking for answers. More than 15 RT journalists are working on this story — from Moscow, from the Russian-Ukranian border, London, Berlin, Washington. RT Spanish journalist Francisco Guaita was one of the first TV correspondents to get to the scene late last night. Our reporters are in the Netherlands and Malaysia.

Sara has declared that she chooses the truth; apparently we have different definitions of the truth. We believe that the truth is what our reporters see on the ground, with their own eyes and not what’s printed in the morning London newspaper.

“In our coverage, RT, unlike the rest of the media, did not draw conclusions before the official investigation has even begun. We show all sides of the story, even if everyone else has already decided which side is to blame.

_http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/jul/18/mh17-russia-today-reporter-resigns-sara-firth-kremlin-malaysia

What an airhead! But then, I could see, from the reports she was assigned, that her employers were reluctant to give her anything that might require her to think a bit.

RT said:
“Sara has declared that she chooses the truth; apparently we have different definitions of the truth. We believe that the truth is what our reporters see on the ground, with their own eyes and not what’s printed in the morning London newspaper.

“In our coverage, RT, unlike the rest of the media, did not draw conclusions before the official investigation has even begun. We show all sides of the story, even if everyone else has already decided which side is to blame.”

Great response from RT. In the end, Sarah is one of the majority who remain firmly within the orbit of Western lies.

New SOTT Focus by Joe on the plane 'crash': http://www.sott.net/article/282214-Who-shot-down-Malaysian-Airlines-Flight-17-New-Cold-War-same-old-propaganda

Persej said:

A London-based correspondent of Kremlin-funded news channel Russia Today has resigned in protest at its coverage of the shooting down of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17.

Sara Firth, who worked at Russia Today for five years, described the channel’s reporting of the crash in which 298 people were killed, including a former BBC journalist, as the “straw that broke the camel’s back”. :rolleyes:

Russia Today, which has been criticised as a propaganda mouthpiece for the Russian government, suggested Ukraine was to blame for the crash, while most media organisations have said it was shot down by a suspected Russian-made missile.

“It was the most shockingly obvious misinformation and it got to the point where I couldn’t defend it any more,” Firth told the Guardian.

“When this story broke that was the moment I knew I had to go. I walked into the newsroom and there was an eyewitness account making allegations [against Ukraine] and analysis, if you can call it, from our correspondent in the studio.

“It was just appalling, in a situation like that where there are families waiting to be informed and a devastating loss of life.”

She added: “I have always fought against this argument that RT is an evil network but you wake up and think, that’s just wrong.

“It was not an easy decision, I started my career at RT, and I respect many of the team there. In the end it got to the point where I couldn’t defend it and I didn’t believe there was something to defend. A story like this really highlights it.”

Firth said she previously had a “lot of editorial independence” filming reports for the network but said there had previously been examples of senior editorial interference, and said she had been pulled out of Syria after some “very heated discussions” about the channel’s coverage.

Firth said on Twitter: “I resigned from RT today. I have huge respect for many in the team, but I’m for the truth.” :rolleyes:

In an indication of what was to come, she had earlier tweeted: “RT style guide Rule 1: It is ALWAYS * Ukraine’s fault (* add name as applicable).”

Firth said: “There is bias against Russia but you don’t counter wrong by doing even more wrong. They are putting all this money into making it look like the truth and it’s not, it’s just so sad. It’s so close sometimes to be being great.

“I have always said it’s better to have RT than to not have that perspective, but actually with a story like this and they way they misreport it, it’s quite dangerous, I don’t want to be party to it.”

One story on the RT website posted on Thursday – and later toned down – was headlined: “President Putin’s plane might have been the target for Ukrainian missile – sources”.

The RT press office issued the following statement: “We were not surprised by Sara Firth’s decision to leave RT after five years as a Moscow and London correspondent, as she has recently informed us that she was likely to take an offer from another firm.

“The plane crash is an absolutely terrible tragedy, there are a lot of questions that surround it and everybody is looking for answers. More than 15 RT journalists are working on this story — from Moscow, from the Russian-Ukranian border, London, Berlin, Washington. RT Spanish journalist Francisco Guaita was one of the first TV correspondents to get to the scene late last night. Our reporters are in the Netherlands and Malaysia.

Sara has declared that she chooses the truth; apparently we have different definitions of the truth. We believe that the truth is what our reporters see on the ground, with their own eyes and not what’s printed in the morning London newspaper.

“In our coverage, RT, unlike the rest of the media, did not draw conclusions before the official investigation has even begun. We show all sides of the story, even if everyone else has already decided which side is to blame.

_http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/jul/18/mh17-russia-today-reporter-resigns-sara-firth-kremlin-malaysia

Instead of:

"straw that broke the camel’s back"

more likely:

"sum of dollars added to the pile". As it usually goes :rolleyes:

angelburst29 said:
Very bizarre, if true?

Rebel Leader Gives Bizarre Account of Plane Crash
_http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/rebel-suggests-malaysia-plane-victims-long-dead-24622107

MOSCOW — Jul 18, 2014, 2:23 PM ET

A top pro-Russia rebel commander in eastern Ukraine has given a bizarre version of events surrounding the Malaysian jetliner crash — suggesting many of the victims may have died days before the plane took off.

The pro-rebel website Russkaya Vesna on Friday quoted Igor Girkin as saying he was told by people at the crash site that "a significant number of the bodies weren't fresh," adding that he was told they were drained of blood and reeked of decomposition.

The Malaysia Airlines Boeing-777 was shot down Thursday, killing all 298 people aboard. The plane was flying 10,000 meters above an area where Ukrainian forces have been fighting separatist rebels. Each side accuses the other of downing the plane.

U.S. intelligence authorities said a surface-to-air missile brought down the plane, and U.S. Ambassador Samantha Power told the U.N. Security Council in New York on Friday that the missile was likely fired from a rebel-held area near the Russian border.

Girkin, also known as Strelkov and allegedly a former Russian military intelligence agent, said he couldn't confirm the information. But it's sure to add to the intense emotions surrounding the crash, with the rebels accused of shooting down the plane.

Girkin said "Ukrainian authorities are capable of any baseness."

He claimed that a large amount of blood serum and medications were found in the wreckage.

If this is true that people on board were dead for a longer time, maybe there was even some sort of technology involved like what the C's described about the 9/11 attacks. The 'stopping of time' thing.

Avala said:
Persej said:

Instead of:

"straw that broke the camel’s back"

more likely:

"sum of dollars added to the pile". As it usually goes :rolleyes:

My tboughts too - now, finally, she will be able to get a well-paid, cushy job at a "respectable" news outlet, spreading the "truth" - welldone, Sara!

Do you think any of them have even heard of this, the "Journalist's Creed"

Walter Williams wrote The Journalist's Creed, a personal affirmation of journalism ethics, in 1914. The creed has been published in more than 100 languages, and a bronze plaque of The Journalist's Creed hangs at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. Williams was the founding dean of the Missouri School of Journalism.

The Journalist Creed

I believe in the profession of Journalism.

I believe that the public journal is a public trust; that all connected with it are, to the full measure of responsibility, trustees for the public; that all acceptance of lesser service than the public service is a betrayal of this trust.

I believe that clear thinking, clear statement, accuracy and fairness are fundamental to good journalism.

I believe that a journalist should write only what he holds in his heart to be true.

I believe that suppression of the news, for any consideration other than the welfare of society, is indefensible.

I believe that no one should write as a journalist what he would not say as a gentleman; that bribery by one's own pocket book is as much to be avoided as bribery by the pocketbook of another; that individual responsibility may not be escaped by pleading another's instructions or another's dividends.

I believe that advertising, news and editorial columns should alike serve the best interests of readers; that a single standard of helpful truth and cleanness should prevail for all; that supreme test of good journalism is the measure of its public service.

I believe that the journalism which succeeds the best-and best deserves success-fears God and honors man; is stoutly independent; unmoved by pride of opinion or greed of power; constructive, tolerant but never careless, self-controlled, patient, always respectful of its readers but always unafraid, is quickly indignant at injustice; is unswayed by the appeal of the privilege or the clamor of the mob; seeks to give every man a chance, and as far as law, an honest wage and recognition of human brotherhood can make it so, an equal chance; is profoundly patriotic while sincerely promoting international good will and cementing world-comradeship, is a journalism of humanity, of and for today's world.

ETHICS

Journalism ethics and standards comprise principles of ethics and of good practice as applicable to the specific challenges faced by journalists. Historically and currently, this subset of media ethics is widely known to journalists as their professional "code of ethics" or the "canons of journalism".[1] The basic codes and canons commonly appear in statements drafted by both professional journalism associations and individual print, broadcast, and online news organizations.

While various existing codes have some differences, most share common elements including the principles of—truthfulness, accuracy, objectivity, impartiality, fairness and public accountability—as these apply to the acquisition of newsworthy information and its subsequent dissemination to the public.[2][3][4][5]

Like many broader ethical systems, journalism ethics include the principle of "limitation of harm." This often involves the withholding of certain details from reports such as the names of minor children, crime victims' names or information not materially related to particular news reports release of which might, for example, harm someone's reputation.[6][7]

Some journalistic Codes of Ethics, notably the European ones,[8] also include a concern with discriminatory references in news based on race, religion, sexual orientation, and physical or mental disabilities.[9][10][11][12] The Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe approved in 1993 Resolution 1003 on the Ethics of Journalism which recommends journalists to respect the presumption of innocence, in particular in cases that are still sub judice.[13]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journalist%27s_Creed

My Great Uncle was an AP man back in the day.

Regarding the recorded conversations that the Ukranian government claims are proof that the rebels did it, I just listened to it and here is what I think.

The recording is split in three parts. The first one is just a discussion about "we shot down a plane" - but it doesn't mention which plane, so it could easily have been the Ukranian jet they shot down the day before (others have remarked on that already). The second part is a description of the crash site and describes the plane being civilian, but makes no claim of responsibility. Only the last part sort of suggests that it was them who shot a civilian airplane because "it's a war zone, there could have been spies on the plane and it shouldn't have been there". That last bit is the one that sounds most unnatural and fabricated.

So basically they took out of context a couple conversations they had and yuxtaposed them with a third which was fabricated and voila, the whole world believes it is evidence against Putin! (facepalm).

You can check out the recording here:

http://rt.com/news/173964-ukraine-malaysia-intercepted-calls/

Tomek said:
On a symbolic point of view, I don't see how the two crashes could NOT be related.

In Session 22 March 2014 the C's already connected the disappeared Malaysian Flight to the Ukraine:

I think the topic on everybody's mind is The Plane [Malaysian Airlines Flight 370]. (Pierre) Where is it?

A: In well of space/time lock.
[...]
Q: Do any of the PTB on the planet know?

A: Of course! Why do you think there was such a comedown vis-a-vis Crimea and Russia?

"Comedown" was interpreted by the participants of the session as "back-down", "retreat" then, knowing what we know now, it can almost be counted as a hit for the C's as well. So there seem to be symbolic links between the disappearing or coming down of civilian (for whatever reason) Malaysian airplanes and the situation in the Ukraine. Somehow weird and mind-boggling.

The session goes on:

Q: So, basically the PTB backed down on Crimea and Russia and that whole situation because the plane disappeared and they were worried about...? (Pierre) So, if you lie too much, if you create too much chaos, like unjustified war, you might increase such a bleedthrough?

A: They have "advisors" and "interpretors" of such things.
[...]
A: There is likely to be a bit of interdimensional blackmail going on. How likely do you think it is for the "reality creating" US PTB to back down from their natural state of being the world's biggest bully?

Q: (Pierre) Why did those higher entities want the PTB to back down concerning Crimea and Russia?

A: They understand what the consequences are.

Seems the situation has gotten out of hand.

M.T.

Kniall said:
New SOTT Focus on the plane 'crash': http://www.sott.net/article/282214-Who-shot-down-Malaysian-Airlines-Flight-17-New-Cold-War-same-old-propaganda

An exert from the Charlie Rose circus (PBS = Pure Bull Sht), from wicked witch of the west.

Published on Jul 17, 2014
The former Secretary of State tells Charlie Rose that the suspected shooting down of a Malaysia Airlines jet causes a "great deal of concern" not only over the loss of life, but over "the continued conflict in Ukraine, and the role Russia is playing." For the full interview, tune in to CHARLIE ROSE tonight on PBS.
_www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkTRJgDkNFg&feature=youtu.be

Lumiere_du_Code said:
But that's not all: a look at the creation date - 07/16/2014 19:10:24. This date can not be changed in any way down, if only to download a more recent number of the same video.

195862_900.png

I did some more research on this and apparently Youtube uses U.S. Pacific Time (Google Headquarters location).

According to timezoneconverter.com:

19:10 Wednesday July 16, 2014 in US/Pacific converts to
02:10 Thursday July 17, 2014 in GMT

Now, according to Wikipedia:
Malaysia Airlines released a statement saying "it received notification from Ukrainian ATC that it had lost contact with flight MH17 at 1415 (GMT) at 30 km (19 mi) from [the] TAMAK waypoint (47°51′24″N 39°13′6″E[53]), approximately 50 km (31 mi) from the Russia–Ukraine border."[54]

So the video with the "admission" was still posted 12 hours before the crash.

Some people claim that Youtube is notorious for showing inaccurate video creation times or that there is some bug there as well. To me, it does not make sense that Youtube would show a creation date that is at least 12 hours before it was actually created.

Windmill knight said:
Regarding the recorded conversations that the Ukranian government claims are proof that the rebels did it, I just listened to it and here is what I think.

The recording is split in three parts. The first one is just a discussion about "we shot down a plane" - but it doesn't mention which plane, so it could easily have been the Ukranian jet they shot down the day before (others have remarked on that already). The second part is a description of the crash site and describes the plane being civilian, but makes no claim of responsibility. Only the last part sort of suggests that it was them who shot a civilian airplane because "it's a war zone, there could have been spies on the plane and it shouldn't have been there". That last bit is the one that sounds most unnatural and fabricated.

So basically they took out of context a couple conversations they had and yuxtaposed them with a third which was fabricated and voila, the whole world believes it is evidence against Putin! (facepalm).

You can check out the recording here:

http://rt.com/news/173964-ukraine-malaysia-intercepted-calls/

In that case it is easy to proof that it's a montage by analyzing and comparing the characteristics of background noises in sound labs.

un chien anadolu said:
In that case it is easy to proof that it's a montage by analyzing and comparing the characteristics of background noises in sound labs.

I don't think that's even necessary, because the identified 'characters' of the dialogues are different in the three parts.

I'll correct myself in one thing: the 2nd part does say that the plane was shot down by "cossacs from Chernukhinsk".

Lumiere_du_Code said:
Thursday, July 17, 2014 13:28
Poland enters the war in Ukraine

In the port of Odessa arrived powerful artillery, staff buses and trucks to be sent to the Donbass

Last night (between 3 and 5 am) in the port of Odessa in an atmosphere of high secrecy was made from a barge unloading twelve supposedly self-propelled wheeled guns - 152mm gun-howitzer vz. 77 "Dana" Czech production, the armament of the Polish Armed Forces, as well as two staff buses and trucks. After unloading the artillery battalion (perhaps from the Mazury First Artillery Brigade), a fully stocked Polish soldiers, followed its course to the railway station Separate loading platforms.

Military experts familiar with the situation suggest that this is the "unpleasant surprise for the militia", which said Poroshenko.

With the entry into open civil war in Ukraine regular army of a foreign country - a member of NATO, the military-political situation changed radically. And fully unleashes the Russian Federation and its allies hands for an adequate response

http://centerkor-ua.org/novosti/item/1251-polsha-vstupaet-v-vojnu-na-ukraine.html (in russian)

Most likely BS. All that crap comes from one source with no evidence whatsoever.

Just think, how come the Internet been flooded with that 'revelation' given it was a 'top secret' operation? It reminds me another recent story about a NATO plane secretly landing in Kiev loaded with amphetamine and Polish mercenaries of a military company led by a Polish mister. How secret it was! And that company as it was identified was nonexistent for years according to official records and was not a military one but some kind of financial advisory. They just make stuff up out of thin air.

Secondly, "Mazury First Artillery Brigade" doesn't exist anymore, it was renamed a few years ago. Taken from Wikipedia not updated entry? Thirdly, why on the earth would Polish troops go to Ukraine through Odessa if they have a much shorter and simpler route through the Polish-Ukrainian land boarder? How could they even get there?

Here is one reasonable piece (in Russian) about that rumor, suggesting that IF there is any truth to that arrival it would be rather Georgian equipment:
_http://ukraina.ru/news/20140717/1009857770.html

I think, there is a lot of disinformation coming from Ukrainians and their supporters, whoever they are, because the coup gov/military is losing terribly and they desperately need some big propaganda and lip service to keep the people in fear and under control. So don't trust everything you can find on the Internet. :)

Keit said:
Yeah, that's him. And I agree, very reasonable. Don't know if you saw that one, but later they talked with another expert, where they showed pictures of the wreckage and talked how the holes look like holes that were made by "air-to-air" missiles, and not "surface-to-air" ones. They also mentioned whitnesses, that supposedly saw other planes following the Malaysia Ailines. On the other hand, this expert said, that at this height (over 10 km) it's not possible to see anything more than plane's contrail, so witnesses account is questionable.

It makes much more sense to me. I don't understand why everybody is talking about Buk when there were (if it's true) two jet fighters up there flying side by side with the B777. This kind of surface-to-air missile would be easily visible when launched, not only for locals but also for many various tracking systems around the globe. Also, if it had hit the plane, there would most likely have been a smoke trail, or even two - from the missile and from the shot down plane. Why not to use the fighters to damage the plane in a way it falls down "by itself" leaving almost no traces of what's been done? It doesn't make sense to me. So why the whole Buk story? Likely because that's the only way they can try and blame the 'separatists' (and Russia), no matter how weak the narrative is.

As a side note, coincidentally, there were apparently two NATO planes in the air at the time of the crash flying somewhere between Poland and Romania...
_http://en.itar-tass.com/world/741356

BRUSSELS, July 18. /ITAR-TASS/. A total of two jets of the Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) were on combat duty in the airspace over Romania and Poland Thursday at the moment the Boeing 777 jet of the Malaysian Airlines crashed in highly controversial circumstances in eastern Ukraine, a NATO source told ITAR-TASS. [...]

Back
Top Bottom