Novak Djokovic detained in Australia

Australia frees refugees from Djokovic detention hotel​

April 7, 2022
Australia on Thursday released the last refugees held in a former hotel where tennis superstar Novak Djokovic was spectacularly detained earlier this year, activists said.

The eight men held in the Melbourne facility were originally in a group of refugees and asylum seekers transferred to Australia from offshore facilities to receive medical care. They were then detained for several years.

Djokovic’s detention in January for entering the country without a Covid-19 vaccination for the Australian Open drew global attention to the fate of the refugees and asylum seekers held alongside him in rooms at the Park Hotel.

“Three months since the world’s media watched Novak Djokovic come and go from the Park Hotel, the refugees who were detained alongside him are finally free,” Graham Thom of Amnesty Australia said.

“Sadly these men were unnecessarily detained for more than two years in hotels in Australia, following the years of trauma they suffered offshore.”
Draconian measures are followed by "sweet concessions" to win back people's trust, but there will be a time when enough is enough!
Q: (Joe) When they say that dark forces do not give up so easily, does that mean they're not about to give up the control measures that have been implemented and the power that they've accrued to themselves as a result of the virus?

A: Yes

Q: (Joe) And anybody who complains too much about it would get in trouble?

A: Close

Q: (Pierre) Not giving up so easily, it suggests as well that they're going to lose this power.

(Artemis) Yeah, it's about their wishful thinking. It's kind of inevitable what's going to happen, but they just refuse to see it.

A: They will go too far as usual and all will come crashing down. But it will take some time. Be patient and circumspect.

Novak Djokovic " Banning Russian Players..." - Roland Garros 2022​

PTPA [Professional Tennis Players Association] will continue to exist even though there is a lot of people in governing bodies that don't want us to be present in the tennis ecosystem. And as I've said it before, I'm going to say it again: PTPA is the only association which is representing 100% the rights of of both male and female players. We are still a young organization and it takes times to set up a structure and a system, but it will probably take the most time and it will be challenging for us to really be "accepted" as part of the ecosystem. Right now, we are not on the negotiations table where we should be, because we are just not acknowledged by [Grand] Slams or anybody else.
In terms of players, there are complains. I spoke to some players in the last few days, especially the ones that were doing well in last year's Wimbledon, the ones that were affected by the points being taken out from Wimbledon. We knew that whatever decision ATP [Association of Tennis Professionals] makes (and that was a consequence or a reaction to what Wimbledon decided to do a month ago with banning Russian players), there's going to be a lot of unhappy, unsatisfied players. So this is where we are.
It's the council of ATP that is within the structure, this representing body of players and that's how it's been for decades and I don't think that's the best system we have. I think the system has failed players so many times, so many times and that's the reason why PTPA needs to exist, because when it comes down to this kind of big decisions, a lot of players' voices are not heard enough. Within the ATP, you have a 50-50 split between players and tournaments, so you are never going to have 100% for the players' interest in place. Again, we always go back to the same point, whatever it is that we're talking about, now it's Wimbledon, tomorrow is gong to be something else—it's always coming back to that system and structure and I always supported the unification of the players: players being united players, players showing strength that they have (and they are not even aware they have that much strength). But because we are only part of an individual sport, we also have this kind of obstacle: most players are looking at their own interest rather than the collective interest. That's where the conflict usually appears.
I'm telling you, he's not on earth just to play tennis...😉

Novaxx has won the Wimbledon tournament for the 4th time:
Add to that the fact that Russian born and raised Elina Rybakina won the women’s title, it’s a real smack in the face for the organisers of Wimbledon who sought to politicise the tournament by banning Russian and Belarusian players from participating, to the point that both the men’s ATP and women’s WTA associations decided to strip the points from the tournament. From this article:

Rybakina was born and raised in Moscow (and reportedly still resides there), but in 2018 switched nationality to Kazakhstan, which offered her more financial support to further her tennis career.

Excerpt :
"The U.S. Open does not have a vaccination mandate in place for players, but it will respect the U.S. government's position regarding travel into the country for unvaccinated non-U.S. citizens" the organization said on its website.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention requires foreign travelers to the United States to be fully vaccinated before getting on their flights, according to the agency.

What is sure is that it didn't please to some that he won Wimbledon. Having a (kind of) modern heroic figure access to a wide audience and "showing the good example", who may inspire many people, is probably considered by these "some" as totally unacceptable.
I wonder if the story will stop there ? I hope not.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention requires foreign travelers to the United States to be fully vaccinated before getting on their flights, according to the agency.
Next some time later “… The Centers for Information Control and Prevention requires foreign travelers to the United States to be fully indoctrinated before getting on their flights, according to the agency.”

Great news, Novak Djokovic will receive a visa from the Australian government so he can compete in the Australian Open in January. According to the Australian edition of The Guardian and broadcaster ABC, Immigration Minister Andrew Giles overturned the ban that prevented the Serbian from being entitled to a visa for three years.

I hope and feel this represents the general shift towards acceptance of the unvaccinated.
What a true hero Novak is, this is a fantastic historic victory for so many human beings.

Great news, Novak Djokovic will receive a visa from the Australian government so he can compete in the Australian Open in January. According to the Australian edition of The Guardian and broadcaster ABC, Immigration Minister Andrew Giles overturned the ban that prevented the Serbian from being entitled to a visa for three years.

I hope and feel this represents the general shift towards acceptance of the unvaccinated.
What a true hero Novak is, this is a fantastic historic victory for so many human beings.
I read that as well today, way to call their bluff.. even if it took years.

Sport Klub, a sports media that Djokovic respects, has reported that Djokovic intends to buy a large quantity of tickets that he will then distribute to Serbian fans from Australia for the upcoming Australian Open. Apparently, Djokovic anticipates that he won't be very appreciated by the general crowd, so he is planning to have a sufficient fanbase cheering for him during his matches.

Back
Top Bottom