Paul's Necessary Sin: The Experience of Liberation - Pauline Christianity = PaleoChristianity

And what obstacle stands in the way of the theoretical physicist to become a metaphysicist?
I would say it is 'beliefs'. False beliefs can act like a block. Another term would be 'sacred cows'. I think when the belief center of the mind is polluted by lies, one is held back, or frozen in development according to those lies. IMO.

Lots of questions. I think you should put out your position on these things and we can discuss it. Otherwise we can start to go around in circles.

Last edited:
It concerns the eternal struggle between the Catholic church and the Evangelical church. Is faith enough for salvation?

I'd say that faith alone is potentially not enough. Knowledge it seems is needed to guide faith, which has the potential or allows the individual the ability to make conscious choices and decisions which can lead to right thought and right action. Without this it seems faith alone could fall into the trap of blind belief and possibly wrong action, since without knowledge what is available to guide a person in their faith, in their beliefs? ISOT.

And what obstacle stands in the way of the theoretical physicist to become a metaphysicist?

Theoretical physics is exact science. Metaphysics is philosophy. But connecting with God is something altogetjer different. You can be a good physicist and a good philosopher but your chnnels for connecting with higher spiritual realms can be completely obstracted. On the other hand you can use theoretical physics and/or philosophy (and any other occupation that you know and love) as a stepladder toward the miraculous.

It dawned on me, seeing Ark answered totally differently, that your question(s) are so vague, that they could be interpreted in many different ways. For example, a metaphysicist could be viewed many different ways, depending on the knowledge and belief of the viewer. They could be a higher spiritual being, or they could be a charlatan. Heck, they could even have ties to intelligence agencies. Without that knowledge, how can you decide what obstacle would stand in the way of becoming that metaphysicist?

I think you need to define your questions better, or they risk being a waste of time.

Is faith enough for salvation? I am happy to speak on this subject myself, but first I am interested in your opinions.

Well according to Ashworth's interpretation of what Paul taught, a new state of Being in Christ brings with it absolution from sin. Is faith enough? I believe faith rooted in knowledge has the power to transform a person. Such a person makes choices with conviction. This is the faith of Jesus as opposed to faith in Jesus.

I believe salvation is available to anyone who has in essence, renounced the life of flesh as no longer desirable and as a consequence of that, begins to embrace a new state of Being in 'Christ.'

And what is meditation for you? Define this concept. Describe it visually, preferably organoleptically!

In the context of practicing Eiriu Eolas, it is an earnest focus on the meditation/prayer and its meaning. Where, for a time, my aim is to think more or less solely on my intention to connect to it (or get back to it if my thoughts should stray) and to be aware of myself and as I do. So it is also quite simply a practice of mental discipline. Visually, I sometimes imagine the awesome vastness of the universe. I also see snapshots or images (some metaphoric, some literal) of what's contained in the prose of the meditation.

Since the mediation occurs after rigorous and varied types of breathing (which are designed to help detoxify ourselves from stress among other things), the meditation is a means towards connecting to, and being receptive of, the 'higher' - after "my cup" has been drained a bit further of the 'lower'. To use another analogy, it may be likened to a deep cleaning of a house that is infested with dust mites, mold and dirt and then, after a deep cleaning, replacing things with new and beautiful hypoallergenic furnishings.

Well according to Ashworth's interpretation of what Paul taught, a new state of Being in Christ brings with it absolution from sin. Is faith enough? I believe faith rooted in knowledge has the power to transform a person. Such a person makes choices with conviction. This is the faith of Jesus as opposed to faith in Jesus.

I believe salvation is available to anyone who has in essence, renounced the life of flesh as no longer desirable and as a consequence of that, begins to embrace a new state of Being in 'Christ.'

On the one hand I would like to live completely bodiless myself, on the other I have doubts about my own destiny.

Suppose there is a holy woman and she suddenly meets someone with whom she feels the unity of souls. Let's call it that. And what should she do then to remain a saint one? On the one hand, he is saint, so there is no way he would profan her. On the other hand, she is sworn to God. But if she feels this, maybe God wanted it?

And there is confusion, fears appear. What exactly should she do? Must she follow the rules imposed from above? But are they known? And is anyone so insolent to claim that he/she knows what ultimate morality is and knows God's thoughts?

Yes, I will agree with that. However, the question is how to achieve this connection with something higher, with God?

I think the basis of this connection is an 'inner knowing' of the world of the unseen. It might be based on what is called Faith.

Some quotes on Faith that I found:

FAITH CAN NOT BE GIVEN TO MAN. Faith arises in a man and increases in its action in him not as the result of automatic learning, that is, not from any automatic ascertainment of height, breadth, thickness, form and weight, or from the perception of anything by sight, hearing, touch, smell or taste, but from understanding. Understanding is the essence obtained from information intentionally learned and from all kinds of experiences personally experienced. - MEETINGS WITH REMARKABLE MEN, p. 240

Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark -Rabindranath Tagore

Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as if everything depended on you - St Augustine

Faith is not something to grasp. It is a state to grow into.- Mahatma Gandhi

Fear knocked at the door. Faith answered. And lo, no one was there- Author unknown

In the context of practicing Eiriu Eolas, it is an earnest focus on the meditation/prayer and its meaning. Where, for a time, my aim is to think more or less solely on my intention to connect to it (or get back to it if my thoughts should stray) and to be aware of myself and as I do. So it is also quite simply a practice of mental discipline. Visually, I sometimes imagine the awesome vastness of the universe. I also see snapshots or images (some metaphoric, some literal) of what's contained in the prose of the meditation.

Since the mediation occurs after rigorous and varied types of breathing (which are designed to help detoxify ourselves from stress among other things), the meditation is a means towards connecting to, and being receptive of, the 'higher' - after "my cup" has been drained a bit further of the 'lower'. To use another analogy, it may be likened to a deep cleaning of a house that is infested with dust mites, mold and dirt and then, after a deep cleaning, replacing things with new and beautiful hypoallergenic furnishings.

You wrote it beautifully. For me, meditation is the same as love. It's a search for God. It's an experience of the present. For only the present moment is now. And what could anyone miss in it?

Why are people unhappy? Don't we think too much? Is our thinking too logical and primitive? And how would you define the terms: brain, mind, consciousness? Which of them are temporary and which are timeless? I think I mean the way to enlightenment...

I think the basis of this connection is an 'inner knowing' of the world of the unseen. It might be based on what is called Faith.

Some quotes on Faith that I found:

FAITH CAN NOT BE GIVEN TO MAN. Faith arises in a man and increases in its action in him not as the result of automatic learning, that is, not from any automatic ascertainment of height, breadth, thickness, form and weight, or from the perception of anything by sight, hearing, touch, smell or taste, but from understanding. Understanding is the essence obtained from information intentionally learned and from all kinds of experiences personally experienced. - MEETINGS WITH REMARKABLE MEN, p. 240

Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark -Rabindranath Tagore

Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as if everything depended on you - St Augustine

Faith is not something to grasp. It is a state to grow into.- Mahatma Gandhi

Fear knocked at the door. Faith answered. And lo, no one was there- Author unknown

I would be captivated if I could get to know your definition of God.

Must she follow the rules imposed from above?

She has free will. No rules are imposed from above. She has explored the 'rebellious life' and now desires to make herself 'slave' to God. This she freely chooses. The 'word' of God is written in her heart. She understands the difference between the desire of flesh and the 'desire' of Spirit, which is to serve God and others. She chooses accordingly.

That's my take, anyway.

Theoretical physics is exact science. Metaphysics is philosophy. But connecting with God is something altogetjer different. You can be a good physicist and a good philosopher but your chnnels for connecting with higher spiritual realms can be completely obstracted. On the other hand you can use theoretical physics and/or philosophy (and any other occupation that you know and love) as a stepladder toward the miraculous.

The question is what a miracle is ... I have experienced miracles in my life. But does anyone who did not experience them have the right to talk about them? Miracles elude the laws of physics known today. Is this a bad definition?

She has free will. No rules are imposed from above. She has explored the 'rebellious life' and now desires to make herself 'slave' to God. This she freely chooses. The 'word' of God is written in her heart. She understands the difference between the desire of flesh and the 'desire' of Spirit, which is to serve God and others. She chooses accordingly.

That's my take, anyway.

She will always choose the 'desire' of Spirit, which is to serve God and others. The question, however, is what this service should look like... Because she doesn't know or understand. She doesn't claim divine powers. She was put in a potentially hopeless situation. Logical contradiction. Is this an irrational contradiction too?

The question, however, is what this service should look like... Because she doesn't know or understand. She doesn't claim divine powers.

She learns through the choices she's made and makes. This is the purpose of free will. The process is natural, it doesn't require divine powers. God gives her soul the time it needs to grow in understanding.

She was put in a potentially hopeless situation. Logical contradiction.

It only seems hopeless because she lacks understanding. The 'contradiction' exist due to some wrong assumption she has. If she is sincere, God will show her the way out of the labyrinth. She must work faithfully and patiently until the way becomes clear.

Back
Top Bottom