Predictions and Prophecies

Two years ago I put an X-50 class solar flare on my Google Calendar for this Saturday, August 10th, and I don't remember why.

I simply cannot remember what prompted me to do that.

Hope it doesn't happen, and I doubt it will, but it is fun to put future predictions on your Calendar and see if they come true. 🙂

The Halloween storms back in 2003, generated an initially estimated X-28 (but modelled to X-45 class flare). The sensors where so saturated from the outburst, that the scientist modeled / calculated that it was an X-45 class flare. I believe it was the strongest flare of the GOES satellite recordings.

The Halloween solar storms were a series of solar storms involving solar flares and coronal mass ejections that occurred from mid-October to early November 2003, peaking around October 28–29. This series of storms generated the largest solar flare ever recorded by the GOES system, modeled as strong as X45 (initially estimated at X28 due to saturation of GOES' detectors).

I saved a screen shot from that time (29-30 Oct 2003):
showing the auroral oval and its progression during the past 22 hours

PS:
We did survive that X-45 one. And - i didn't see any auroras over Stockholm that night - which baffled me.

2003-10-29-23-30-sst-Aurora-på-top.png

Last edited:
PS:
We did survive that X-45 one.

Yes, and possibly we will still be here, as Adobe said, people will be looking at each other in the streets, because today with a weakened magnetic field as the Cs mentioned we are in uncharted territory.

It is also possible that in the face of such an apocalyptic event people will go even crazier, anything can happen.

Back
Top Bottom