Recommended Books: Discussion

Can anyone recommend a good very basic book about electricity?
In biological systems up to astronomy.
With reading everything from books on acupuncture to books on HAARP and books on plasma physics,
I still get the feeling I don't understand the rudiments of electricity.
Maybe such a book doesn't exist.
Thanks, denekin

"the Ultra Simple Diet" is not on the list of the above "Recommended Books from the QFS", but I think it's important book to read too.
Which health book should I read next (as soon as possible)?

Okay, I'm going to add "Detoxification and Healing" to my list of books to order. Thank you, It's helpful.

Hello moderator,
I just noticed that the title of the new books (I thought they were new), "Riding the wave, Soul hackers and Stripped to the bone", are actually part of the wave series. I actually thought that Laura was working on new books. Well, I got excited for nothing because I already have the complete set of the wave series. I was just wondering if you knew if Laura was working on anything new, besides the "Ponerology for Dummies'?

Mona said:
Hello moderator,
I just noticed that the title of the new books (I thought they were new), "Riding the wave, Soul hackers and Stripped to the bone", are actually part of the wave series. I actually thought that Laura was working on new books. Well, I got excited for nothing because I already have the complete set of the wave series. I was just wondering if you knew if Laura was working on anything new, besides the "Ponerology for Dummies'?

The new versions of Wave 1-3 are actually updated with comments and includes the most recent sessions with the C's before the books went to print. So, even if you have the old copies of them, the newer ones contain material that is not in the old ones.

SAO said:
From another thread:
Laura said:
Let me again recommend "Lost Christianity" by Jacob Needleman as an invaluable adjunct to this work of thinking with the mind and not the emotions.
Would this book qualify for the recommended reading list? Perhaps under Bible History?

I'll add my vote for this one too. I think it is an excellent complement to ISOTM as well as Mouravieff's Gnosis. I don't know about putting it under Bible History though. It seemed to teach me more about the Fourth Way than it did about the bible - although there is a good amount of hidden bible history in the book as well. Either way, an excellent read! :)

RyanX said:
SAO said:
From another thread:
Laura said:
Let me again recommend "Lost Christianity" by Jacob Needleman as an invaluable adjunct to this work of thinking with the mind and not the emotions.
Would this book qualify for the recommended reading list? Perhaps under Bible History?

I'll add my vote for this one too. I think it is an excellent complement to ISOTM as well as Mouravieff's Gnosis. I don't know about putting it under Bible History though. It seemed to teach me more about the Fourth Way than it did about the bible - although there is a good amount of hidden bible history in the book as well. Either way, an excellent read! :)

We could probably put it under "Other Esoterica" or the "Optional" section. Pretty well all reviews of it are positive, it does have a lot to ponder on in such a small book.

If we get enough feedback then we'll add it.

Thanks for the update Vulcan59 and Heimdallr. I cannot wait for the book to be printed. I have enjoyed every one of Laura's books.

One book which i would recommend here is the book The Betrayal Of The Self by Arno Gruen or better the complete title The Betrayal of the Self: The Fear of Autonomy in Men and Women!

It goes not only about some subtly ways of the game of power and control,it shows how we are trained since childhood to play the same game or how all is based in the first line on power and control and that we are conditioned from the early beginning and that to break out of this mechanisms is really a difficult task,sometimes against all odds,to describe it.Ok,we have from time to time the same content in other books,but here are some very interesting examples and it is clear and on point.One example would be,he talks about how some psychotherapists support the game of power and control and live under the same structure,in one example,he speaks about a patient and that this patient has internal struggles und conflicts,but one conflict that this patient has is his emphaty and that he is so not powerful enough and he has in trouble with his feelings,and in the end the therapist "cures" the patient and the patient is now a little ruthless typ,with no emphatic problems or internal struggles.Yes,he is functioning and now can become a successful member in the society! ( What for a Happy End! Greetings! Maybe the next birthday present is a standing order for a manager magazin ;) :lol: ) Ok,it is different in the book and more from the psychology view,but the result is the same and i can not explain it otherwise with my english.I find it is a very good addition to the other books here with the same themes.I think, it is another good reading, for discovering the roots of the "false personality".

Here that Quote is very good and hit the nail.

What happens to an infant when it learns that the love it craves from its parents is available only at the price of submission to their will? In paying this price, as Dr. Gruen found in many years of experience with his patients, the infant renounces its true, autonomous self and instead embarks on a search for power with which to manipulate the world around it -- a quest that will henceforth rule its life.

Dr. Gruen maps out the process by which this striving for power, once the fatal choice has been made, masks the child's inner emptiness, dulls its fears, and soothes its secret feelings of self-loathing. Its need for power soon bars all access to its real emotions, and corrupts all of its relationships into ones based on mastery and domination. The power-oriented world around it, which puts a premium on stoic "strength" and "invulnerability," further confirms the child in this pursuit of power, leading it on to a path of dehumanization which pervades our entire society. Thus human destructiveness and evil are not innate, but develop in a complex process of growth marked by the failure to attain autonomy.

In contrast, Gruen defines autonomy as that state of integration in which we live in full harmony with our feelings and needs. It is a natural state of being experienced in early childhood when the infant is loved unconditionally and without the need to earn this love by the self-sacrifice of submission.. It allows the child to remain vulnerable to feelings of self-doubt, helplessness, pain, and rage -- the very emotions the infant fearfully flees in its decision to betray its own self. The fear of these emotions, Dr. Gruen shows, alienates the male in particular, destroying his soul, depriving him of his ability to love, and imposing on him the need to oppress others, women especially.

I have searched in the web for more,here the results:

http://www.arnogruen.net/
Arno Gruen (en)
http://coforum.de/?391
The Betrayal of the Self
http://coforum.de/?3660
The Need to Punish
http://coforum.de/?392

It seems that he is more unknown in the english speaking area...

I have two books by him,The Betrayal Of The Self and

Johnno said:
RyanX said:
SAO said:
From another thread:
Laura said:

We could probably put it under "Other Esoterica" or the "Optional" section. Pretty well all reviews of it are positive, it does have a lot to ponder on in such a small book.

If we get enough feedback then we'll add it.

Well then, allow me to add my vote in favor of it. :)

I want to ask one question,here in recommended books we have psychology section and not philosophy section.There is fourth way and other esoterica who are in some way similiar to philosophy but not the same.

Why there is not philosophy section and some books?

daco said:
I want to ask one question,here in recommended books we have psychology section and not philosophy section.There is fourth way and other esoterica who are in some way similiar to philosophy but not the same.

Why there is not philosophy section and some books?

Hello Daco,

as far as I'm concerned and there I maybe wrong, the list is created in a way, to provide books for us that are most helpful to understand ourselves and also to get a most accurate picture of the world we are living in. Maybe some philosophy books are only partially usable and so didn't make it in the list.

What books are you thinking of, which should be included in the list and why? ;)

For example works od Ljubodrag Duci Simonović about sports and modern olympism.In his books he shows that behind sport industry is pathological people but not just that he criticize sports very good and shows that sport is useless for human beings.Gurdjieff talks about sports in Beelzebub tales too.
Main point is that sports are harmful to humans.

Back
Top Bottom