Recommended Books: Discussion

daco said:
Main point is that sports are harmful to humans.

I don't see how the exercise could be harmful. And the teamwork part, but it also has the competitive part. And there are some who only care about winning and beating others. I think that's where it gets into an STS act, with all the fame and glory. Especially in the US it seems they are a multi-billion dollar distraction, osit.

3D Student said:
daco said:
Main point is that sports are harmful to humans.

I don't see how the exercise could be harmful. And the teamwork part, but it also has the competitive part. And there are some who only care about winning and beating others. I think that's where it gets into an STS act, with all the fame and glory. Especially in the US it seems they are a multi-billion dollar distraction, osit.

Yes, that's the way I see it. Sports is all about winning. Forget about fairplay and, "It's not whether you win or lose, but how you play the game that counts." That one went out a long time ago. Now all that matters is that you win at all cost. Big money is to be had. Greed. And now playing dirty is better. Whatever it takes to get the win.

And fans don't like the game if nobody gets hurt or maimed. Sheesh! What a bloodthirsty bunch of people there are out there. :(

Yeah, I'm not much of a sports fan.

Just like to say that I've just ordered a hardback copy of Disneyland of the Gods by John Keel online from WHSmith for the very reasonable price of £7.50 with free delivery to my local store ( otherwise postage is £1.50)

If anyone is interested here's the link -

_http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndSearch/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=9781881532064

edit

Oops - I should add that I don't know how many more copies they have avialable - if indeed there any

Hey, I was wondering, what is this book Noah that Laura was working on in 2001? Was it ever published? Is it available on the net?

I have read somewhere on the forum that 'Noah' was the book that went on to be 'Secret History'.

Hi treesparrow,

Just like to say that I've just ordered a hardback copy of Disneyland of the Gods by John Keel online from WHSmith for the very reasonable price of £7.50 with free delivery to my local store ( otherwise postage is £1.50)

If anyone is interested here's the link -

_http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndSearch/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=9781881532064

I went to the site you mentioned and indeed there are still copies available. They do also have copies of Operation Trojan Horse. Unfortunately delivery is only in the UK and not living there I cannot order the books.

I am currently reading High Strangeness, which I am finding both fascinating and terrifying. Unfortunately I can only manage to read a few pages a day as work, kids, family, etc take up most of my days and nights. I am also finding that I occasionally need to reread paragraphs to ensure the information is getting through, so its taking longer than anticipated.

I have also received Riding the Wave, Soul Hackers and Political Ponerology. I am really looking forward to reading each of these in due course. :clap: Hopefully I'll get some time off at Christmas and be able to put my feet up and pick up the pace. :scooter:

There seems to be so many books on my wish list but I have little time to read them. :rolleyes:

Also just ordered Matrix books (Val Valerian), some Gurdjeff, and am reading some Michael Topper articles on-line.

WARNING: These books will definitely change your energy :) On at least one occasssion I have thrown up as my body adjusted to knowledge.

Can this really happen?

jen1221 said:
Also just ordered Matrix books (Val Valerian), some Gurdjeff, and am reading some Michael Topper articles on-line.

WARNING: These books will definitely change your energy :) On at least one occasssion I have thrown up as my body adjusted to knowledge.

Can this really happen?
I have no idea. It's certainly not my experience, but maybe the person who wrote that has a really sensitive stomach? :lol:

anart said:
jen1221 said:

Can this really happen?
I have no idea. It's certainly not my experience, but maybe the person who wrote that has a really sensitive stomach? :lol:

There were a couple of Valerian's Matrix books that almost made me lose my cookies too! ;D (metaphorically speaking, of course)

Hi everyone - am trying to order books from your bookstore. Typed in my handle and password - message came up that I didn't have the right password, so I requested another.

Another message told me there was someone else on my email address. One way or another I just couldn't work out how to resolve the problem of getting into the system to order the books.

Several months ago I ordered the first seven wave books, Secret History and meditation tapes. I think I did this by phone - but cannot locate the phone number. At about that same time period the books were ordered, I also tried to join the forum. Nothing seemed to help me get into the forum, at the time, and I assumed I hadn't successfully enrolled. I notice from my profile that you have registered me as having joined in March!

Anyway, can someone tell me how to be able to order books from the bookstore.

scifiscriptwriter said:
Hi everyone - am trying to order books from your bookstore. Typed in my handle and password - message came up that I didn't have the right password, so I requested another.

Another message told me there was someone else on my email address. One way or another I just couldn't work out how to resolve the problem of getting into the system to order the books.

Several months ago I ordered the first seven wave books, Secret History and meditation tapes. I think I did this by phone - but cannot locate the phone number. At about that same time period the books were ordered, I also tried to join the forum. Nothing seemed to help me get into the forum, at the time, and I assumed I hadn't successfully enrolled. I notice from my profile that you have registered me as having joined in March!

Anyway, can someone tell me how to be able to order books from the bookstore.

There is a toll free number you can call and talk to someone at the store. They should be able to get it all straightened out. The number is 1-877-695-0040. :)

Scifiscriptwriter said:
Typed in my handle and password - message came up that I didn't have the right password, so I requested another.

Here are two tips that might help for the next connexions:
1/ The password is case sensitive
2/ Avoid copying and pasting the password because, at least with Firefox, sometimes a space is added at the end of the copied password. So it's better to directly type the password.

Back
Top Bottom