Recommended Books: Discussion

Hello SolarMother,
Is it related to the Schumann resonances?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schumann_resonances

mkrnhr said:
Hello SolarMother,
Is it related to the Schumann resonances?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schumann_resonances

Were you speaking of my first post to Ark (where Schumann resonance is mentioned) or my second reply to Ark, which is the one I am not sure of the validity.

Hello,
Sorry it was related to the last post, I had not read the previous one :)

I would like to recommend Joe Fisher's The Siren Call of Hungry Ghosts (2001) to the "Esotericism and Parapsychology" list. This was not mentioned in the "Spirit Board" thread.

I had just finished reading this book, which is an account of the author's personal experiences with the channeled "spirit"/"guides." It gives one an idea of the risks involved and there are subtle ways that these "entities" or "spirits" can feed on the channeler and those involved. The author, was himself taken in by the trance channellings, investigated a number of channeled entities and he concluded that majority of them are lying and manipulative.

(On the side note, I was surprised to read that Fisher has jumped off the cliff to his death in 2001, supposedly one of the reasons was "the spirits were still after him for having written his final book.").

Zadius Sky said:
I would like to recommend Joe Fisher's The Siren Call of Hungry Ghosts (2001) to the "Esotericism and Parapsychology" list. This was not mentioned in the "Spirit Board" thread.

I had just finished reading this book, which is an account of the author's personal experiences with the channeled "spirit"/"guides." It gives one an idea of the risks involved and there are subtle ways that these "entities" or "spirits" can feed on the channeler and those involved. The author, was himself taken in by the trance channellings, investigated a number of channeled entities and he concluded that majority of them are lying and manipulative.

(On the side note, I was surprised to read that Fisher has jumped off the cliff to his death in 2001, supposedly one of the reasons was "the spirits were still after him for having written his final book.").

I would agree with ZS's recommendation. Fisher's book really opened my eyes to the reality of channeling and the associated risks. It explained something about a group of people I'm acquainted with. There are four of these people, two women and two men, who channel some entity or other. I've seen a few of their messages which are basically new age fluff. The woman who I believe is the main channel has MS which has progressively reduced her ability to function. The last time I saw her a few years ago she could barely walk from the living room to the bathroom. I don't think that these people would ever connect their channeling activities with this wasting disease, or consider that the messages are designed to keep them asleep. This all bears striking similarities to the case Fisher himself describes.

SolarMother said:
More: _http://highdesertshaman.com/Earth's_Magnetic_Field.html [link deactivated by moderator]

I don't know if this is correct, but if it is, it helped me to understand the measuring of the earth's frequency.

So, what is this frequency and how is it being measured? Can you describe it in some detail?

ark said:
SolarMother said:
More: _http://highdesertshaman.com/Earth's_Magnetic_Field.html [link deactivated by moderator]

I don't know if this is correct, but if it is, it helped me to understand the measuring of the earth's frequency.

So, what is this frequency and how is it being measured? Can you describe it in some detail?

I have limited understanding of science, electricity and currents. But since my refrigerator is 60 Hz, it seems that that the earth's frequency is very low (ELF.)
I have no idea how Schumann predicted this global electromagnetic resonance phenomenon mathematically. It appears that this resonance occurs due to the space between the surface of the earth and the conductive ionosphere acts as a wave guide. Here, http://www.geomag.us/info/Geomag_tutorials/Maus_ionospheric_conductivity.pdf
ionospheric conductivity is 'explained' but I have no idea what he is explaining because I do not have a background to understand. Another physicist could understand.
For me, a layperson, I need a physicist such as yourself, to put all this into terms I can relate to. Otherwise, it has no practical value to me. So no, I guess I cannot answer your questions. (This is why I read books that are written for lay people and not for scientists.)

I do get euphoric using math to successfully balance my checkbook! :lol:

When I look up terms such as ionosphere or wave quide I get a lot more terms I don't understand and mathematical formulas that are like a foreign language to me. (The only foreign/symbolic language I speak fluently is astrology-- something I have studied for 26 years, so I can relate to the geometry used to calculate aspects, etc--but this is as far as my math skills go, besides simple math.)

If people are saying the earth's frequency is speeding up, or earth's rotation is slowing down-- I would like to know what you say about this in practical terms that I can understand.

It seems gravity cannot be measured according to Cass.org glossary (see further down)

Is the following backed up by physics?
"The Earth's frequency or rate of vibration was thought to be constant. When NASA started measuring this in hertz it was at 7.8. Now it is at 11.2,has been measured as high as 14 and is speeding up.

At the same time the field strength of Earth's gravity is dropping at an alarming rate. In the last few years magnetic north has been moving pretty fast as well. The inner core of the earth has also displaced itself from the angle of rotation of the earth's crust-crustal displacement.

The sun's own magnetic north and south is no longer detectable as of 1995."

According to the Cassiopaia.org glossary, http://glossary.cassiopaea.com/glossary.php?id=360&lsel=G
"... gravity is "the binder of all physical and all ethereal. There is nothing that is not derived from gravity. Even thoughts have gravity. Gravity does not go anywhere, it is eternal and omnipresent but it can be gathered and dispersed in the form of so-called unstable gravity waves. The principles of STO and STS are, as all else, also reflected in terms of gravity, as dispersion and gathering of gravity waves, respectively. Gravity pervades all densities. It can be manipulated by consciousness, sound or other means but details are not given. Manipulation of gravity was used in ancient history for building and even for people levitating. We have no theoretical framework for placing this information at present. Items such as the UFO phenomenon suggest that gravity is most likely technologically manipulable, also the evidence of some ancient buildings would suggest that something of the sort is possible."

Is dispersion of gravity waves connected to the "field strength of Earth's gravity dropping at an alarming rates? It has been said there seems to be a relationship between gravity waves and time travel and higher densities.
Thanks for your time, Ark. I'll keep reading, re-reading Cass materials.

Good find and really cheap! :)

There is also one seller on Ebay USA at the moment, which compared to others is also cheap (well the book is used though…)

_http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cosmic-Winter-/360437320744?

Hi All,

I would like to recommend "The Girls Guide To Predators", by Alison Summers. It was the first book I ever read on the topic of psychopathy, and although it mainly deals with the male psychopaths in today's society, it has much detail in identifying (and guarding against) antisocial personalities. It also has case studies of psychopaths in history (i.e. Ted bundy, etc), and chapters covering psychopaths in relationships, the workplace and young psychopaths. I have recommended it to a few girlfriends, and have found it to be a great source for discussion over a hot cuppa.

Has anyone else read this book? :)

nobodyslave said:
I would like to recommend "The Girls Guide To Predators", by Alison Summers. It was the first book I ever read on the topic of psychopathy, and although it mainly deals with the male psychopaths in today's society, it has much detail in identifying (and guarding against) antisocial personalities. It also has case studies of psychopaths in history (i.e. Ted bundy, etc), and chapters covering psychopaths in relationships, the workplace and young psychopaths. I have recommended it to a few girlfriends, and have found it to be a great source for discussion over a hot cuppa.

I haven't heard of the book. Just curious, are serial killers given as typical examples of psychopaths? Or is there a warning that serial killers are not typical psychopath?

Shane said:
nobodyslave said:

I haven't heard of the book. Just curious, are serial killers given as typical examples of psychopaths? Or is there a warning that serial killers are not typical psychopath?

Hi Shane,

Thanks for your reply. My apologies for the lack of clarity.

Most of the case studies (which are scattered throughout the book) are about incarcerated psychopaths and their crimes that would have received past media attention, although she does include domestic and young psychopath examples that are not so well known.

In her introduction, she quotes her therapist who tells her that "Serial killer psychopaths are the minority, most psychopaths aren't murderers." She stresses this important point throughout the first few chapters.

I hope this helps. :)

nobodyslave said:
Most of the case studies (which are scattered throughout the book) are about incarcerated psychopaths and their crimes that would have received past media attention, although she does include domestic and young psychopath examples that are not so well known....

...Although I haven't read it, I can see why you would suggest this book. There is obviously a special need for women to be aware of pathological predators. Have you read Unholy Hungers? It is "on the list" and it seems to reach down to the root of the problem. It was while I was reading that book that I finally "got it" about my former relationship, and why I would put myself in that kind of situation and not leave.

The novel Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks offers another perspective. While it is fictional, and the plot is a bit contrived, I think it conveys the warning quite well.

Hi Megan,

Thanks for the suggestions. :)

I haven't read Unholy Hungers as yet, but it's definitely on my reading list. I have almost finished The Sociopath Next Door , by Martha Stout, another "eye opener" into the behaviours of the psychopath.

Thanks again. :flowers:

nobodyslave said:
Most of the case studies (which are scattered throughout the book) are about incarcerated psychopaths and their crimes that would have received past media attention, although she does include domestic and young psychopath examples that are not so well known.

In her introduction, she quotes her therapist who tells her that "Serial killer psychopaths are the minority, most psychopaths aren't murderers." She stresses this important point throughout the first few chapters.

I hope this helps. :)

Thanks. It looks like the book is a little bit difficult/expensive to get in the US, but there is an Australian site that has it available here:
_http://www.dymocks.com.au/ProductDetails/ProductDetail.aspx?R=9781405040372#.T1ZD1nl9uuI

Back
Top Bottom