Recommended Books: Discussion

SolarMother said:
ark said:
SolarMother said:
More: _http://highdesertshaman.com/Earth's_Magnetic_Field.html [link deactivated by moderator]

I don't know if this is correct, but if it is, it helped me to understand the measuring of the earth's frequency.

So, what is this frequency and how is it being measured? Can you describe it in some detail?

I have no idea how Schumann predicted this global electromagnetic resonance phenomenon mathematically. It appears that this resonance occurs due to the space between the surface of the earth and the conductive ionosphere acts as a wave guide. Here, http://www.geomag.us/info/Geomag_tutorials/Maus_ionospheric_conductivity.pdf
ionospheric conductivity is 'explained' but I have no idea what he is explaining because I do not have a background to understand. Another physicist could understand.
If people are saying the earth's frequency is speeding up, or earth's rotation is slowing down-- I would like to know what you say about this in practical terms that I can understand.

It seems gravity cannot be measured according to Cass.org glossary (see further down)

Is the following backed up by physics?
"The Earth's frequency or rate of vibration was thought to be constant. When NASA started measuring this in hertz it was at 7.8. Now it is at 11.2,has been measured as high as 14 and is speeding up.

Forgive my boldness, but the theme of Schumann resonance at the time called me much attention.

I have never come to understand why they had to increase the resonance frequency without the constant changes in the generated.

My approximate definition of resonance frequency is the frequency which causes the amplitude of a wave increases through time (the waves are synchronized).

In the case of Schumann Resonance, its value is calculated as the number of times that a light wave need to cirncunvalent Earth. To calculate we have to divide the speed of light (300,000 km / s) by Earth circumference (40000 km) qhich equals about 7.5 Hz (or 1 / s). The measured value is 7.8 Hz

If the diameter of the Earth has not changed (remind you that an increase of the ecuador implies a decrease of the resonance value) and the speed of light is constant (ask Einstein), why do people say that this resonance is increasing?

Forgive my English :-[

***************************************************************************************************************************

Perdonad mi atrevimiento, pero el tema de la resonancia de Schumman me llamó en su momento mucho la atención.

Nunca he llegado a entender porque tenían que aumentar una frecuencia de resonancia sin haber variaciones en los constantes que la generan.

Mi definición aproximada de frecuencia de resonancia es aquella frecuencia que hace que la amplitud de una onda aumente (las ondas se suman o están en fase)

En el caso de la resonancia de Schumman su valor se calcula como el tiempo de ciclos de una onda de luz para dar una vuelta a la Tierra. Su valor sería la velocidad de la luz (300,000 Km/s) dividida por la circunferencia de la Tierra (40000 Km), es decir, aproximadamente 7.5 Hz ( o 1/s). El valor medido es 7.8 Hz.

Si la variación del diametro de la Tierra no ha cambiado (su incremento implica una disminución de la constante) y la velocidad de la luz es constante (preguntar a Einstein), ¿porque dice la gente que esta resonancia esta aumentando?

Hello mssotelo,
Schumann resonance "happens" at different frequencies, not just one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schumann_resonances
If there is a secular variation in the ionosphere properties, the change would affect everyone of those frequencies. It can be interresting to see actual data about those variations if any.

High Strangeness should be in the list in the UFO section. Maybe Laura has decided not to *push* all her books in the list but this one seems to me just as a-must as the Wave series. For some people, it will be a life-saver.

Wow! This list is really awesome. I was currently considering whether or not to buy The secret teachings of all ages and now I find that indeed, the book was recommended in here. That's certainly a relief! Of course, one must never forget the "caveat lector"! Thanks a lot!

I think In Sheep's Clothing is essentially obsoleted by George Simon's newer and more extensive book Character Disturbance (thread).

The former book remains a short read on covert aggressives and covert aggression, a subset of the character disturbed and their behavior described in the latter book. The former book is now essentially a partial summary compared to the latter.

Just a note that the recommended reading list is now updated, with footnotes, explanations and all. A big thanks to Psalehesost for his initiative and for doing all the work of putting the list and footnotes together.

Alana said:
Just a note that the recommended reading list is now updated, with footnotes, explanations and all. A big thanks to Psalehesost for his initiative and for doing all the work of putting the list and footnotes together.

Thank you very much Psalehesost, this has reminded me of a lot of books that I want to read and forgot to purchase. My wallet may be taking a big hit in the coming weeks!

It seems Cleckley's "Caricature of love" is missing from the list. It wasn't on the old list but shouldn't it be on the new? seeing how well it shows twisted conceptions of love in ordinary life and litterature- in the optional category perhaps.

parallel said:
It seems Cleckley's "Caricature of love" is missing from the list. It wasn't on the old list but shouldn't it be on the new? seeing how well it shows twisted conceptions of love in ordinary life and litterature- in the optional category perhaps.

That's definitely one to add. I have thought of a few more as well since making my update. The new list isn't perfect - work in progress just as the old one was - and once there's some time, I can make another update and send it to the mods.

Other books that have come to mind for an update:

In "Life and Evolution": Rupert Sheldrake's The Science Delusion/Science Set Free (thread) would seem a natural fit for this list.

In "Neuroscience": Jaak Panksepp's latest exposition The Archaeology of Mind on affective neuroscience. Also Daniel Goleman's Social Intelligence (thread).

Also, since Cognitive Science is not a "Big <Number>" list in the version of the list posted, I ought to move DiSalvo's book there. And rewrite the footnote, noting its relation to the other books.

Do we still have to read the books in the order in which it is presented? Because I am still on the psychology books and will probably read 'The Fiber Menace' as well, before I do anything else. But I would also like to read Laura's books, The Secret History and the new ones. But TSH is way down the list.
Should I wait?

Mariama said:
Do we still have to read the books in the order in which it is presented? Because I am still on the psychology books and will probably read 'The Fiber Menace' as well, before I do anything else. But I would also like to read Laura's books, The Secret History and the new ones. But TSH is way down the list.
Should I wait?

I don't think there are any hard-and-fast rules. Each category is important in its own right, but I don't see anything wrong with jumping around categories.

Approaching Infinity said:
Mariama said:
Should I wait?

I don't think there are any hard-and-fast rules. Each category is important in its own right, but I don't see anything wrong with jumping around categories.

Oh, wonderful. Then I can start reading 'Defying Hitler'. :) Thanks AI.

Our Recommended Reading list has had another update:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,4718.msg31032.html#msg31032

Thanks again to Psalehesost for being on top of things, we truly appreciate your "OCDness" :D

:headbanger: :rockon: :love:

Alana said:
Our Recommended Reading list has had another update:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,4718.msg31032.html#msg31032

Thanks again to Psalehesost for being on top of things, we truly appreciate your "OCDness" :D

:headbanger: :rockon: :love:

:dance:

Back
Top Bottom