Recovering from Arthritis

Excellent news, Claudia! And such a great thing that there are no restrictions on having family there with you. Please take care of yourself, or better yet, let others take care of you for a while. Please keep us updated as you are able. :hug:

I am already at home. I'm a little uncomfortable because of the sling but the pain level is very low.

I was prescribed 3 medications but 1 I will not take unless the pain is very intense so I am only on paracetamol and pregabalin.

I have to return in 10 days for a check-up and to have the stitches removed.

Something the doctor mentioned is that I have porous bone and that I need to go to an endocrinologist for a densitrometry to see if I don't have osteopenia.

I was surprised and concerned that he told me that. I have never suffered fractures. Any advice?

Something the doctor mentioned is that I have porous bone and that I need to go to an endocrinologist for a densitrometry to see if I don't have osteopenia.

I was surprised and concerned that he told me that. I have never suffered fractures. Any advice?
You can have the test done, but the treatment offered is less than ideal. Osteopenia and osteoporosis drugs make for "brittle" bones. There's no evidence they're helpful, and the drugs have side effects.

It's best to build up bone mass through diet, bone broth, exercise, supplements, and reducing the inflammation in your body, i.e. taking hydroxychloroquine to minimize the impact of the rheumatoid arthritis in your body.

I am glad you've made it home Claudia,

Alas I don't have any advice as to the bone density, but I would second Gaby's advice on perhaps finding a diet that promotes bone strength, and a form of exercise that does the same. I think the doctor will confirm the bone density issue (thought hopefully not) and then prescribe something.

I did a quick search online, and this one looks like a decent source of advice: How to build strong bones naturally - Nourish Holistic Nutrition

The other thing I saw suggested was some form of weight training, obviously not strenuous, but putting some stress on your bones can promote increase in density. And I found this quick article with three exercises that could help maybe?

Hey Claudia, I'm also glad you are back at home!

I completely agree with Gaby and Alejo's advice, and I just wanted to add something referring to bone health; apart from weigh training, I also have heard from some functional practitioners that there are 3 main supplements to support bone health and that they work synergistically: magnesium, vitamin D and vitamin K2 (MK7), also a diet high in animal protein may also protect the bones.

I wish you a speed and smooth recovery. :flowers:

Hi Claudia, glad to hear everything went well and that you are back home now. And hopefully you will find a way via the suggestions here and by other means to take care of that bone issue too. Wishing you a speedy recovery as well! :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom