Session 09 June 2009

Let me understand this: Shankar actually believes that terrorism is due to too much freedom and that there is "an urgent need for putting a limit to such liberty by the government in the best interest of the country" ?????

Let me urge all of you to read L. Fletcher Prouty's books: "JFK" and "The Secret Team".

session 090609 said:
(L) And who do we have with us tonight?

A: Fortunaea which reminds us that you might like that from Carmina Burana.

Q: (Discussion of Carmina Burana)

A: Some of those lyrics are truly ancient even if the music is not.

You can find the full lyrics of Karmina Burana here

Some data about the history of this text are available here

Though there are Christian prayers -- and even a passion play -- in this manuscript, the one now called the Carmina Burana, the pagan spirit inspiring most of the poems reminds us that the rough, intense world of medieval Europe was anything but a Sunday School picnic. Did some wealthy ecclesiastic piece together this anthology of (mostly-Latin) songs because of their literary grace, or their musical interest? Or, despite his ecclesiastical functions, was he seduced by the hard-nosed satire, the raw sensuality of so many of the poems?

In any case, we can only be grateful, for Carmina Burana is probably the most important source of secular, medieval Latin poetry that we now have. The songs were collected, somewhere in Germany, from many places and sources, most likely in the early decades of the thirteenth century. (Surprisingly, perhaps, to those who already know the Carl Orff oratorio, with its 1930's German-nationalist subtext, the original compiler(s) had international, "European" tastes. Most of the Carmina pieces with known authors are of French origin-- and we have recovered a number of the tunes from French and Provençal manuscripts.)

Despite their markedly secular content, most of the songs were written in the shadow of the Church. A number of them in fact deal with church politics, and corruption in the hierarchy. The Latin they generally employ (there are some in medieval German and even one, Doleo quod nimium, in a mixture of Latin, French, and Provençal) was an ecclesiastical language, learned by all in the church hierarchy, high -- refined poets like Philip the Chancellor -- and low -- the anonymous "wandering scholars" or goliards who presumably penned the many lusty songs to Bacchus and Venus. Much has been written about these clerks, who entered the service of the Church to gain financial and material advancement; it was a good path to take for a bright, literate young man from a modest background. Furthermore, once in orders, a scholar was exempt from civil law, and could only be tried by an ecclesiastical court. This rule kept any number of tonsured troublemakers safely out of reach of the local police.

How were these brilliant, scabrous, touching, vivacious songs sung? Most of them appear in the manuscript source without music -- and the ones that do have an accompanying tune use a notation system so maddeningly imprecise that scholars have been fighting about the "correct" solutions for generations. Carl Orff wrote his own tunes. We, more modestly, attempt to reconstruct the original melodies whenever possibe, or to reconstruct/borrow plausible tunes from other medieval sources. But then, what style of performance would be appropriate? We can, of course, never know for sure. All of the songs, even the ones with the most scurillous subject matter, show considerable learning -- they are not simply folksongs. And yet, the refined and courtly manner of the troubadours many not be appropriate for texts that describe the best way to bribe an official, or a stomach upset, or adolescent dating behavior. Perhaps a mix of musical approaches may be most appropriate: just as the manuscript itself contains elements of both "high" and "low" art, our performances seek to draw out the different expressive possibilities inherent in, and suggested by, the original material.

But maybe the XIIIth century French troubabours didn't create those texts and just carried them from an ancient source linking to paleochristianity?

The chorus lyrics were already posted in this thread - here http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=12634.msg90441#msg90441

Hi, I've been wondering something ever since I read this session. The comment the cassiopaens made about the first "Christ" being a woman and about Paleochristianity.

If you were being objective (which I may not be)!

Could the "Christ" to come be a woman also? They also mention in another post that the returning "christ" would communicate by technology. On the internet?

How would you know this "Christ"? Is it a group of people? or a group of people headed by one person. Would you know them in a similar way to the Christ of the Bible in that they could/would have:-

Performed exorcisms
Used Healing
Tried to spread the truth of our situation and enlighten people to reality
Showed the hypocrisy of the established church and other "institutions"
Denounced Money lenders.

They would also be on earth when the "End of Times " began. How long before?

I can't sleep over this tonight . Wondered if anyone else had thought about. Without wishing to be "Crucified" myself for this post this person/group sounds like what I see here on this Forum. But maybe I'm just mistaken.

I wondered how easy it would be to "know Christ" if and when they returned.

Hi Slowone

Christ is a kind of state. If I understand it correctly, it means the state of having connected ones higher emotional and higher intellectual centres, 'married them', and then 'seating' them in the physical body. I can't really imagine what that would mean effectively, but that's the idea as far as I know.

As far as the 'return' of Christ, in relation to the person we call Jesus, I believe the C's said that 'he will return' after the transition to 4th density.

I wondered how easy it would be to "know Christ" if and when they returned.

I think that will be an important thing to consider over the next few years if the C's and P's are to be taken seriously. Laura writes all about deceptions and false prophets in The Wave; how God will send them upon the Earth to deceive us, and there could be any number and in any form, from aliens who say they're our Gods, to world leaders who 'appear' to save us from something, etc.

I suppose in the end, we shall know them by their fruits.

Thank you all for the wonderful advise. I apologize for the late response.

[quote author=Laura]
[quote author=Ryan]I was thinking about this last night. I have two young daughters, 8 and 5. I'm at a lose as to how to break the news to them that none of us will likely survive the next five years.[/quote]

Why in the name of all things rational would you want to tell them that? Do you know that it is true, for a fact, without doubt?

No, you don't. And I don't either.

Yeah, we have probabilities - and they look pretty high right now. But we also have non-linear dynamics and complex systems that tell us that we do NOT know the outcome![/quote]

[quote author=SAO]I don't think that's necessarily true. I would advise against saying that to them as their developing minds may not be able to handle this information in a healthy way from someone they trust and love; they wouldn't know how to deal with it or what to do with it right now. Maybe it would make more sense to explain to them that nothing lasts forever and the world can change at any time, and just encourage them to always seek the truth and to guide them in this endeavor in loving and gentle way. If they can learn to enjoy critical thinking and figuring out the truth and if the Work is part of their daily lives, they will be prepared for any future. What may be very damaging and shocking to them right now will not be later when they are more developed.[/quote]

Laura, SAO: you are correct, there is no reason to attempt to describe to them theories about exploding comets. It would generate needless fear and trauma about a probable situation that they have absolutely no control over. You are correct, they need only to feel loved and secure. The 8 yr old is very interested in all things astronomy, but for now I only encourage her to "reach for the stars" instead of focusing on what may or may not be lurking in the darkness. If she continues on this path, she may eventually find herself asking these same questions about comets that I have, but now is not the time.

Maybe it could be useful to encourage them to look deeper into fairy tales as Approaching Infinity and Norma mentioned, while not connecting this with anything real? That seems to be more on their level. Stories of dragons seem to by the mythical representation of comets imprinted on the human collective psyche. This might strike a chord of truth with them. There is really no point trying to convey this information in any real sense because it is entirely useless to them at this point in their lives.

[quote author=Laura]Also consider the fact that your fear is ruling your life and taking away the joy you could be experiencing right now! Instead of talking doom and gloom to your children, why not get involved in some projects with them that will teach them useful skills? [/quote]

Laura: I can see many examples of fear controlling my life. Often when I consider anything having to do with the future, my mind immediately jumps to post apocalyptic scenarios of a fictional nature. You're right, there is no way of knowing exactly what the future will bring. I think if I had come to this information without the bigger context presented by the C's, I would be moving out the mountains and building a bunker or something crazy and pointless! I certainly don't want to do this. Talk about taking the joy out of life! Just the thought itself is an immediate drain on my energy, yet the thought reoccurs even though a part of me knows there is no use worrying about such things. I often have to remember the line, "It's not where you live, it's who you are and what you see." That gives me hope to think that if I can work on myself foremost, I will be more prepared for any probable future that befalls me, joyful, terrifying or otherwise. I see that this fear is a bigger hurdle to contend with than I had originally thought.

SAO: you are correct, I should encourage my children to follow the path of self development and the Work by setting the example. They certainly learn by example and I have seen this first hand, sometimes in dramatic ways.

manitoban: I agree, that the work in this group is important and useful. I've often found myself thinking "nothing escapes this group" and my experiences have done nothing but back up this assertion.

Here's the session about the return of Christ:

October 16 said:
Q: (L) And those are events that will transpire after the Lizzies
have done their thing, after the Visa is in place, and before or
after Christ returns?
A: Before.
Q: (L) So the cluster of comets is going to come before the
return of Christ??
A: Yes. But return is just one event not the whole thing.
Q: (L) Is there going to be massive disruption on the planet
and maybe a lot of people transitioning out of the body
simultaneously because of the interaction of this cluster of
comets and the earth.
A: Close.
Q: (L) And, shortly following this event, Christ will return?
A: As part of the whole.
Q: (L) That is going to be part of the cluster of comets
activity?
A: After.
Q: (L) What is Christ going to do after he returns?
A: Teach.
Q: (L) How many people are going to be on the planet to
receive this teaching?
A: Open.
Q: (L) May we assume there will be six billion?
A: Assume as you please.
Q: (L) You keep saying that the return of Christ is a part of
the whole as though there is some important thing that I am
missing the question to discover. Consider that question
asked... tell me what it is I am missing, please.
A: Obvious if you have been paying attention.
Q: (L) And that is...?
A: The transition to 4th density.
Q: (L) Is the transition to 4th density going to happen before
the comets or after?
A: After.
Q: (L) Is the interaction of the comets and the planet earth
going to....
A: Precede the transition.
Q: (L) Is it going to generate this change in some way?
A: No.
Q: (L) It's not going to have anything to do with
electromagnetic interactions which would heighten the atomic
vibrations of the planet?
Q: (L) So, the comets are going to make a mess of things and
then the transition is going to come as Christ comes?
A: Before.
Q: (L) The transition will happen and we will all be standing
around glazed in the eyes or whatever, wondering what to do
with ourselves, because we are finding ourselves in a new
estate we have not been in before, and then Christ comes?
A: More or less.
Q: (L) Now, what is going to happen after Christ comes back
and everything is sort of straightening out and he is teaching...
is everybody on the planet going to be gathered together in
one place to receive these teachings?
Q: (L) Is he going to travel around and teach?
A: Technology.
Q: (L) He will teach via the media?
A: Yes.
Q: (L) And we are still going to have access to our media,
television and radio and so forth?
A: Some.
Q: (L) Are some people at that point in time or just prior to
this transition, going to leave in large groups with the Lizzies?
A: Yes.
Q: (L) Are there going to be large groups of people moving
into domed cities on the planet living in "cahoots" with the
Lizzies?
A: Close.
Q: (L) In other words there may be areas of Lizzie control on
the planet and areas under the control of Christ?
A: Christ does not control.
Q: (L) Will the Lizzie people come out of their cities from time
to time and "molest" the followers of Christ from time to time?
A: Maybe.
Q: (L) So, in other words, we will have a greatly reduced
population, people here and people there, none of whom are
totally united on the planet?
A: Goodnight.

I notice that the term used is 'Christ' or 'return of Christ', but I don't know if this means the individual, or whether it means that Christ will return in the sense of the Edenic, pre-fall state and will be experienced by many??

Q: (L) And, shortly following this event, Christ will return?
A: As part of the whole.

Q: (L) You keep saying that the return of Christ is a part of
the whole as though there is some important thing that I am
missing the question to discover. Consider that question
asked... tell me what it is I am missing, please.
A: Obvious if you have been paying attention.
Q: (L) And that is...?
A: The transition to 4th density.

Sudarshan Kriya breathing technique workshop (course/lessons) in organization of "art of living" will take place in Belgrade, Serbia on June 25th and will last few days. Some briefing will be on 21th and 28th of June at location "Terazije 26, Medjunarodni kulturni centar"

(This is also convenient for countries in the region: Croatia, Bosnia, Hungary, Romania . . .)

If administrators or moderators find this as advertising, please delete this post.

Considering what we have learned about SSRS in the post by Thorbiorn:

This is a reposting from _http://mangalorean.com/news.php?newstype=broadcast&broadcastid=108654

Sri Ravi Shankar calls to fight terrorism

By Team Mangalorean, Mangalore
Photographs: Rajesh Shetty

MANGALORE, January 12, 2009: The Akhila Bharata Vidyarthi Parishat (ABVP) today organised a rally and a public meeting against the growth of terrorism. On this occasion over 20,000 people took an oath to put down terrorism and help the country to fight terrorism.

Addressing the meeting after launching of a month-long campaign, organised by the Department of Higher Education and Directorate of Collegiate Education here, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar (of art of living fame) said terrorism had become a curse on the modern society and should be put down by everybody who loves peace and harmony. He said it was a state of mind that forces the people to take up terrorism. Those minds could be diverted towards better avenues in life.

In other words, people need to learn how to live within the totalitarian system and love it...

SSRS said:
Liberal attitude of India had been misused and misinterpreted by nations like Pakistan, he said, adding there was an urgent need for putting a limit to such liberty by the government in the best interest of the country. With the support of intellectuals supporting terrorists, the pen had also become another terror along with gun, threatening the integrity and sovereignty of the nation, he opined.

That is, "they hate us because of our freedoms, so we have to give up our freedom to fight them"! Also notice the remark about "intellectuals supporting terrorists" comment. In short, he is saying that sites like this one and sott.net, etc, are "terrorism." Not supposed to question the system, just supposed to Breathe and accept it.

SSRS said:
''The youth be bold and have enough courage not only to fight against growing terrorism in different parts of the country but also identify terrorists in and around their area and inform the security agencies such as police and intelligence without delay. This would help the security agencies to take swift actions and curb the terrorism,'' he added.

In other words, young people are being encouraged to rat on each other, their parents, etc. He's advocating the Nazi system!!!

Home minister of Karnataka Dr. V.S. Acharya on this occasion stated that those who succumb to terror tactics will be considered weak, he appealed every Indian to stand up against terrorism and try to vanquish all kinds of terrorism. Sometime he said terror could be countered by terror tactics and there are several instances when terrorists were rooted out by using terror tactics against them.

In other words, it's okay to torture terrorists... and then, after they've been tortured, SSRS will teach them kriya so they can get over the trauma, I imagine!

State minister for Higher education Arvind Limbavali speaking on this occasion stated that the ABVP had always fought against all kinds of terrorism and social maladies but many times it had to take firm decisions and stern actions which has been mistaken as extreme steps, but in the long run everybody has understood that action taken by the ABVP was just right and was needed at that time.

Right, just "trust us" even if what we are doing is clearly aimed at preserving the Elite from the rapaciousness of the masses...

State BJP President D.V. Sadananada Gowda recalled the sacrifices made by the national leaders and said students should emulate such sacrifices and try to instill a sense of belonging to the nation. One of the help that the country needs in this time was its help to fight terrorism he added.

Oh, lord... they played the "sacrifice like the elite does" card... yeah, they are really sacrificing while living high on the hog on the backs of the masses.

A surprise guest on this occasion was MLA of Ullal Mr. U.T. Khader who despite being opposed to the principles of ABVP had come there to express his solidarity towards the fight against terrorism.

Which just proves that all the elite are in this together even if they pretend opposition to one another to keep the masses occupied with the drama.

Sounds to me like SSRS and the whole Art of Living organization has either been taken over by the "Secret Team" or was created by it. If SSRS is just a naive, good intentioned guy who's being used, it's really not much different than if he was a deliberate agent of mass control. We begin to understand why the Cs have said the things they have said.

I would suggest ya'll hold off learning the Kriya with any of the AoL groups until we have more guidance
from the Cs. We'll be getting into some detailed questions next session, so stay tuned!

And - read Prouty's books asap.

3D Resident said:
I went to a YouTube introduction on Pranayama (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvdiMjSgItg) and I was a little freaked out by some of the comments there, such as how dangerous this technique can be if you don't do it with supervision. Would anyone with more experience like to comment on this possibility?

I have read this warning in almost every yoga book and I did practised pranayama based on books ( whether it hurt me or not , I have no idea) , later I happen to meet no. of yoga/meditation teachers, they also doesn't seems to have clear guidelines what is safe and which is not. As a whole , these yoga and pranayama became so widespread , the quality seems to have got too much diluted to know what is right or wrong.

Laura said:
I would suggest ya'll hold off learning the Kriya with any of the AoL groups until we have more guidance[/b] from the Cs. We'll be getting into some detailed questions next session, so stay tuned!

And - read Prouty's books asap.

Thanks for the tip - I was about to take the next AoL "breathing course" in Paris, it appears that the course takes place this weekend.

By the way, there's many Prouty out there ! Which one are you talking about ?

thorbiorn said:
Looking for Sri Sri Ravi Shankar I found _http://forum.rickross.com/search.php?12,search=SRi+Sri+Ravi+Shankar,page=1,match_type=ALL,match_dates=0,match_forum=ALL

This is a reposting from _http://mangalorean.com/news.php?newstype=broadcast&broadcastid=108654

Sri Ravi Shankar calls to fight terrorism

By Team Mangalorean, Mangalore
Photographs: Rajesh Shetty

MANGALORE, January 12, 2009: The Akhila Bharata Vidyarthi Parishat (ABVP) today organised a rally and a public meeting against the growth of terrorism. On this occasion over 20,000 people took an oath to put down terrorism and help the country to fight terrorism.

Addressing the meeting after launching of a month-long campaign, organised by the Department of Higher Education and Directorate of Collegiate Education here, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar (of art of living fame) said terrorism had become a curse on the modern society and should be put down by everybody who loves peace and harmony. He said it was a state of mind that forces the people to take up terrorism. Those minds could be diverted towards better avenues in life.

Liberal attitude of India had been misused and misinterpreted by nations like Pakistan, he said, adding there was an urgent need for putting a limit to such liberty by the government in the best interest of the country. With the support of intellectuals supporting terrorists, the pen had also become another terror along with gun, threatening the integrity and sovereignty of the nation, he opined.

''The youth be bold and have enough courage not only to fight against growing terrorism in different parts of the country but also identify terrorists in and around their area and inform the security agencies such as police and intelligence without delay. This would help the security agencies to take swift actions and curb the terrorism,'' he added

edit: more copied articles via this link: _http://www.rickross.com/groups/artofliving.html
thinking that he is not a agent, other possible explanation is of C's comments. 'If you don't fill your self , some body will fill ' related to any gain you get from the AOL. This is interesting comment based on prevailing technology of cell phone towers, pollutions, physical/mental/emotional toxins etc. making sure that 'thinking with hammer' is followed becomes very essential. Unfortunately not many of these teachers are talking about it.

SSRS is behind mass audience and when he is intending that, he has to attend these types of gathering with political figures, where magic of slogan's prevail. In this case Terrorism is the slogan. "when one dance with devil, he/she becomes the devil." with out exceptions. But he seems to have lost the capacity for discernment or probably he may be another agent, as others suggesting

some time back , dalai lama also endorsed Bush's propaganda of 'war on terror'

Polonel said:
By the way, there's many Prouty out there ! Which one are you talking about ?

I think she meant:
JFK: The CIA, Vietnam and the Plot to Assassinate John F. Kennedy

see her recent posts:
_http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=12525.0
_http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=12574.msg89916#msg89916

Laura said:
Let me understand this: Shankar actually believes that terrorism is due to too much freedom and that there is "an urgent need for putting a limit to such liberty by the government in the best interest of the country" ?????

Let me urge all of you to read L. Fletcher Prouty's books: "JFK" and "The Secret Team".

These are the Prouty Books recommended. Haven't read them myself yet, I have to finish 'Almost Human' first!.

Laura said:
Sounds to me like SSRS and the whole Art of Living organization has either been taken over by the "Secret Team" or was created by it. If SSRS is just a naive, good intentioned guy who's being used, it's really not much different than if he was a deliberate agent of mass control. We begin to understand why the Cs have said the things they have said.

I would suggest ya'll hold off learning the Kriya with any of the AoL groups until we have more guidance from the Cs. We'll be getting into some detailed questions next session, so stay tuned!

Glad I didn't join a course there. All that Guru-thing and His Holiness thing puts me off anyway.

Holding my breath and anxiously staying tuned!

Back
Top Bottom