Session 20 August 2011

Deedlet said:
I don't want to take away from this thread, :offtopic: but I wanted to comment on how many synchronicities are happening for my boyfriend and I right now regarding the French culture. We happen to be on a holiday right now in France and just finished up in Paris and had an awful time. I won't go into detail here, because I will be writing all about it in a travel log, but once I finish, I'll post it here.

We just arrived in Nice, and our first night is going well... nothing compared to what we experienced in Paris but it's still more or less the same because well...it's still France. At least the weather is nicer here and people seem to be a little less cold. :/

I lived near Paris for a while. My experience living there is dreadful, one of the worst of my life. People cold and aggressive, close-minded and intolerant. A grey and dull atmosphere. An Australian friend and I almost got assaulted by a bunch of scum on the subway. T'was after I lived in London - a COMPLETELY different experience.

Adaryn,

Are you aware on what happens this summer in London?
(so if you were there at that moment, you could have a horrible experience...)

What you say is sad of course...

But did you analyze also your attitude?
This is easy to say that other is close-minded, in saying that you imply yourself...

An Australian friend and I almost got assaulted by a bunch of scum on the subway
This arrived in other countries, in other big city subway... so not 'typical'...

Yes Paris suburb is grey (this is not sunshine on the beach) and this not easy for people working there!

Perhaps you have an Anglo-Saxon education, and so of course this is better for you living in London

François said:
Adaryn,

(so if you were there at that moment, you could have a horrible experience...)

It was way before - back in 2001/2002. Before the post-911 police state fully kicked in.

But did you analyze also your attitude?
This is easy to say that other is close-minded, in saying that you imply yourself...

This is my experience, and the experience of some of my foreigner friends there. My Australian friend was one of the most open-minded and friendly person. I can tell you she was shocked by her experience in Paris; and she, like Laura, had a an ideal vision of France as the country of refined culture, glorious past, art, etc.

An Australian friend and I almost got assaulted by a bunch of scum on the subway
This arrived in other countries, in other big city subway... so not 'typical'...

Of course. I just mean to relate my experience, I'm not making it a general truth - though based on some testimonies and foreigners' feedback, there's definetely a xenophobic, intolerant and closed-minded trend in France. I never had this kind of incident in the London subway (and I lived there longer than in Paris, and often had to take the Tube very late in the evening). This is not to say London is an idyllic place to live in, of course not (especially now - but isn't it the same everywhere now, anyway?)

Perhaps you have an Anglo-Saxon education, and so of course this is better for you living in London

No, I was born and raised in France.

So now this is a let off stream and everybody is going to talk about any horrible experience in France anf how the French people are disgusting people!

So do it ! This is easy !

Please never come back in France ! (but I suppose this is not your idea...)

and there are enough tourists each year (I do not know why? Well I suppose they only go in France one time not two (you should like what I hve just written...)

Say to your friends not to come !

Ask God why He created a sooo horrible place !

And stay in your beautiful country (no risk) !

And finally ask SuperPower to destroy this so bad country and its inhabitants !

After that the world will be fine !

I can indicate where exactly I am in Paris, so that I get directly the bomb on my head...

Adaryn said:
T'was after I lived in London - a COMPLETELY different experience.

FWIW, I totally agree. I used to go to Paris often enough and used to love that town. I returned last year after several years of not having visited. I hated it (and it was August, when Paris is calmer!). I think Paris is an abusive city. I felt pushed, shoved, looked down on. I felt completely drained after one hour or two being there.

I've never felt this way in London. I can be there for days, I'm always full of energy, always wanting to do and visit more. Londoners call you 'love' (I know some don't like it, but I do) and most of them genuinely want to help. It's not perfect by any means but a totally different - better - atmosphere than Paris. So the problem with Paris cannot only be 'overpopulation'. It's the mentality, osit.

François said:
So now this is a let off stream and everybody is going to talk about any horrible experience in France anf how the French people are disgusting people!

So do it ! This is easy !

Please never come back in France ! (but I suppose this is not your idea...)

and there are enough tourists each year (I do not know why? Well I suppose they only go in France one time not two (you should like what I hve just written...)

Say to your friends not to come !

Ask God why He created a sooo horrible place !

And stay in your beautiful country (no risk) !

And finally ask SuperPower to destroy this so bad country and its inhabitants !

After that the world will be fine !

I can indicate where exactly I am in Paris, so that I get directly the bomb on my head...

François, maybe you need some time to regain your composure and reflect on why you are so emotionally identified with France and its culture. You are not the only French living in France on this forum. I'm half French myself. A lot of what is said concerns me and my family as well.
If you mull it over a bit maybe you will see that it is a great opportunity to work on yourself.

Mrs.Tigersoap said:
Adaryn said:
T'was after I lived in London - a COMPLETELY different experience.

FWIW, I totally agree. I used to go to Paris often enough and used to love that town. I returned last year after several years of not having visited. I hated it (and it was August, when Paris is calmer!). I think Paris is an abusive city. I felt pushed, shoved, looked down on. I felt completely drained after one hour or two being there.

This is exactly my experience. I was definitely drained most of the time while living there. My friend and I were looked down upon several times during her stay, because of our somewhat eccentric looks at the time. She even had to suffer some pejorative comments from a shop owner: "are you dressed up for Halloween?" (and it was not said in a humouristic or friendly way). This would never have happened in London.

I've never felt this way in London. I can be there for days, I'm always full of energy, always wanting to do and visit more. Londoners call you 'love' (I know some don't like it, but I do)

Oh yeah, "Love" and "Sweetheart", I always found it fun. I never felt looked down upon there. People can have the most eccentric looks - you even see businessmen in suits with long hair and earrings - and they won't be looked at like freaks. I appreciated this atmosphere of tolerance and mingling. Of course it was 10 years ago, so that might have changed now.

Mrs.Tigersoap,

Again
So if you were there at that moment, you could have a horrible experience...

I think Paris is an abusive city. I felt pushed, shoved, looked down on. I felt completely drained after one hour or two being there.

Yes that true this is not easy to live, work in Paris currently, there is a lot of tensions, it does not mean that inhabitants are agressive by nature

I do not think this is the mentality of countryside people...

François said:

Typically French. When the evidence begins to undermine their emotionally held beliefs (not based on rationality as they claim), they lash out.

This is an example of my point that many French men have been turned into pseudo schizoidal psychopaths.

François said:

The reference was to Paris Francois, not France as a whole. Or perhaps you think Paris IS France?

Mrs.Tigersoap,

you are so emotionally identified with France and its culture

False. I have already said where I would like be living, and where I would prefer to be born...

I have intentionally exagerate in posting in bold characters a caricatural message, just to mean this is so easy to criticize, this is not a positive attitude.

If one of my friends comes to Paris I will tell him of course the issues here (tension, aggressivity existing currently, .... was less in the past, but is is more today... could be less - or more - in future ... this is factual), if he does not come I will not talk about as main topic of discussion...

If you mull it over a bit maybe you will see that it is a great opportunity to work on yourself.
ng

Humm... I have not waited you tell me that for working on myself.
I get often the impression that people saying to other you shoud work on yourself they have a high respect of themselves...

Laura,

This is false. I was intentionally caricatural.

I was waiting this kind of answer.

And not a simple answer, but several answers posted by moderators saying the same in different manners to well accuse the culprit and show him with finger.

Laura,

This is an example of my point that many French men have been turned into pseudo schizoidal psychopaths.

You deduce that regarding me, based on what I have posted, just words... (even if there is meaning inside)

It seems to make a 'medical' diagnostic
and say : you are a pseudo schizoidal psychopath
you have to know better the person and have made a close and complete examination,
you extrapolate too easily, and I am realizing this now, I find this terrible...

Laura said:
Session Date: August 20th 2011

Q: (L) Yes. (Burma) So it sounds like they're saying that there's a hidden thing in the whole resurrection or salvation by the blood thing. That agriculture is evil and we could return by going on an animal-based diet?

A: No not exactly. When humankind "fell" into gross matter, a way was needed to return. This way simply is a manifestation of the natural laws. Consciousness must "eat" also. This is a natural function of the life giving nature of the environment in balance. The Earth is the Great Mother who gives her body, literally, in the form of creatures with a certain level of consciousness for the sustenance of her children of the cosmos. This is the original meaning of those sayings.

Q: (L) So, eating flesh also means eating consciousness which accumulates, I'm assuming is what is being implied here, or what feeds our consciousness so that it grows in step with our bodies? Is that close?

A: Close enough.

Q: (Ailen) And when you eat veggies you're basically eating a much lower level of consciousness. (L) Not only that, but in a sense you're rejecting the gift and you're not feeding consciousness. And that means that all eating of meat should be a sacrament.

A: Yes

So to change the topic slightly, I had a thought about this last night and it seemed to me that the above has implications as to why those who practice the dark arts involve the drinking of human blood etc. in their rituals( i.e Skull & Bones?). If eating animal flesh & blood is more potent than veggies - consider how much stronger (although extremely taboo and repugnant to "civilized" society) consuming human flesh & blood would be.

Also in primitive societies it was sometimes the practice of a warrior to eat the organs of a vanquished foe - thereby supposedly acquiring the strength of the defeated enemy. I see where this comes from now.

Mod: quote corrected

Back
Top Bottom