Session 22 July 2010

ignite said:
Ana said:
You may want to devote some time to organize and clarify your post, you have mixed responses from nwigal with mine and it has become pretty chaotic. :)
Yes, but I will leave it as it is. The two became one and were addressed as one. :)

If you were externally considerate you would at least modify the quotes so that each one of them was making reference to the person who said it, even if later you decide to answer generally because the two have similar approaches.

Talking of receiving knowledge from the higher not being able to comunicate in a clear and organized way with us is contradictory, although not unusual.

Edit:
ignite said:
I will attend to making the reference to nwigal.

C's said, << the people will only see the oil reason and turn against the elite for bringing on such a disaster >>

To me, it seems a stretch, right now, to think that "the people" will turn against "the elite" over a gulf stream disaster. I don't know how they'd make the equation, as it seems most don't have a concept of the elite as truly powerful controllers of life on the planet. Unless, of course, it is those who wake up early and manage successfully to direct the wider population's anger properly.

Anyway, I take it as the beginnings of confirmation when I see the web readers' responses to CNN's latest set of articles today on the "missing oil." They are pretty angry! Lots of flat distrust of both corporations and politicians.

_http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/08/17/gulf.oil.disaster/index.html

I also see the possible beginnings of confirmation about the gulf stream effect in one of their web headlines today, "Gulf oil spreading east on sea floor."

I am intrigued by the earth change dialog – it does seem the elite’s upper hand has been over played. I do agree with the channeled opinion that it is a bad time for psychopaths. The psychopaths are about to be faced to faced with their dumb down monster, (that is, us), and eaten alive on public broadcast television. Can you hear the foundations crumbling?

I do have an opinion. In the debate about psychopaths I think one point is over looked. In order for a psychopathic elite to rule a dumb downing of the species as a whole had to occur and in the process of dumb downing down, since this species is intent on learning, the general population had to develop psychopathic tendencies. So it this thought on a point I conclude we are all psychopathic to a degree. The earth changes that are about to occur will correct this error and the general population is too dumb downed to see greater things are happening than greed. I also think as these changes are occurring in the space we inhabit that undisciplined compassion could become the direst threat to the species. Misguided compassion might lead to the rescuing of too many influential psychopaths.
:cool2:

Hi JLKGreystone. Welcome to the forum.

Are you familiar with Political Ponerology? It describes how groups pick up pathological thinking by accepting ideology that has been warped by pathological leaders, similar to what you are saying. It's a fascinating read, it's website is here.

Also it's customary here for new members to give an introduction in the Newbies forum, just letting the group know how you came across the material, what your interests are - that sort of thing.

Trevrizent said:
It’s good to see the psychopaths are about to get some of their own medicine.
Amen to that! ;D

Trevrizent said:
I’m relating this to a passage from The Controversy of Zion,
The Protocols repeatedly lay emphasis on the incitement of “the mob” against the ruling class as the most effective way of destroying States and nations and achieving world domination. …
Although, this is incitement is in a different way from what the Protocol meant :).

And, then there is this (both quotes are from the chapter on The "Protocols"):
… mocking scorn for the writhing masses far below (“the mob” …) who vainly struggle to elude the “nippers” which are closing in on them; these nippers are “the power of gold” and the brute force of the mob, incited to destroy its only protectors and consequently itself.
I think this is a good point, as the system we live under currently supports us...a "necessary evil" to most of our qualities of life...when considering revolution and all of the things to come, the most pinnacle thing to prepare in this density is your own self-sufficiency. Start growing your own food, find a means to get clean water, with the thought in mind that there will be no pipes to draw from, no tap. Only (possibly) contaminated wells, springs, oceans, rivers, etc...water filtration will be necessary.

Things to keep in mind as these momentous times approach!!

Godspeed! :cool2:

;)

Drea said:
Detox and rejuvenate is a better explanation in this case, so here are the stickers revised. Thank you for the input.

How do you print out the stickers? I have the Avery labels and the template. I opened the template in Word and I see all of the little sticker outlines. I tried to paste the image, but it seemed to remove the label outlines and seemed to lose the labels' positions.

3D Student said:
Drea said:
Detox and rejuvenate is a better explanation in this case, so here are the stickers revised. Thank you for the input.

How do you print out the stickers? I have the Avery labels and the template. I opened the template in Word and I see all of the little sticker outlines. I tried to paste the image, but it seemed to remove the label outlines and seemed to lose the labels' positions.

I'm not quite sure I follow you. Usually if you have the template and open it up and see everything formatted, all you do is stick the sheet of labels in the printer.

Avery has a Wizard you can download from their website for printing out labels in Word. Sometimes it's easier to use that.

http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Templates-&-Software/Software/Avery-Wizard-for-Microsoft-Office.htm

Mrs. Peel said:
I'm not quite sure I follow you.

I guess I was saying how do you get the sticker images onto the template. Thank you for the tutorial though, I will try it out later.

3D Student said:
I guess I was saying how do you get the sticker images onto the template. Thank you for the tutorial though, I will try it out later.

Ok I got it now, I didn't even need to use the template. I just printed out the image and it worked. Now to find places to put stickers. I think I will carry some in my wallet.

(Ark) You can teach a child something, and it will take ten years. And there will be recursion. You spank once, and... (L) And they learn it forever. (Atriedes) The sad thing is that pain is a lot more effective to form memories.

(L) That's true because most of us when we're growing up only understand what someone else is going through if we understand it ourselves. You see someone else cut their finger and you know what it feels like because you cut your finger. It's like a physical thing that you get in your body. Then you do something that hurts somebody else and maybe you're too young to understand intellectually the seriousness of it, but then you get a smack on the butt and you understand in a kind of genetic or physiological way that you did something that hurt somebody else and you got a smack. Later on when you're older it's explained, but you have a foundation on which that explanation can make sense. If you've never had anything physical happen to you as a consequence or repercussion of anything you've ever done, and then all of a sudden when you're ten years old and your cognitive facilities start to kick in and somebody starts explaining things to you, you will not understand. You will not understand what pain or suffering really is because you've never had anything, no consequence.

The following article reminded me of the above quote.

_http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2010-10/uab-scw101510.php
Study confirms: Whatever doesn't kill us can make us stronger

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- We've all heard the adage that whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger, but until now the preponderance of scientific evidence has offered little support for it.

However, a new national multi-year longitudinal study of the effects of adverse life events on mental health has found that adverse experiences do, in fact, appear to foster subsequent adaptability and resilience, with resulting advantages for mental health and well being.

The study, "Whatever Does Not Kill Us: Cumulative Lifetime Adversity, Vulnerability and Resilience," to be published in the forthcoming issue of the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, is available on the website of the American Psychological Association at http://psycnet.apa.org/psycinfo/2010-21218-001/.

It examined a national sample of people who reported their lifetime history of adverse experiences and several measures of current mental health and well being.

Authors are Mark Seery, PhD, assistant professor of psychology at the University at Buffalo; E. Alison Holman, PhD, assistant professor of nursing sciences, University of California, Irvine; and Roxane Cohen Silver, PhD, professor of psychology and social behavior and medicine at UC Irvine.

Seery, senior author of the study, says previous research indicates that exposure to adverse life events typically predicts negative effects on mental health and well-being, such that more adversity predicts worse outcomes.

But in this study of a national survey panel of 2,398 subjects assessed repeatedly from 2001 to 2004, Seery and co-researchers found those exposed to some adverse events reported better mental health and well-being outcomes than people with a high history of adversity or those with no history of adversity.

"We tested for quadratic relationships between lifetime adversity and a variety of longitudinal measures of mental health and well-being, including global distress, functional impairment, post-traumatic stress symptoms and life satisfaction," Seery says.

"Consistent with prior research on the impact of adversity, linear effects emerged in our results, such that more lifetime adversity was associated with higher global distress, functional impairment and PTS symptoms, as well as lower life satisfaction.

"However," says Seery, "our results also yielded quadratic, U-shaped patterns, demonstrating a critical qualification to the seemingly simple relationship between lifetime adversity and outcomes.

"Our findings revealed," he says, "that a history of some lifetime adversity -- relative to both no adversity or high adversity -- predicted lower global distress, lower functional impairment, lower PTS symptoms and higher life satisfaction."

The team also found that, across these same longitudinal outcome measures, people with a history of some lifetime adversity appeared less negatively affected by recent adverse events than other individuals.

Although these data cannot establish causation, Seery says the evidence is consistent with the proposition that in moderation, experiencing lifetime adversity can contribute to the development of resilience.

"Although we studied major lifetime adversity," he says, "there is reason to believe that other relatively mundane experiences should also contribute to resilience.

"This suggests that carefully designed psychotherapeutic interventions may be able to do so, as well, although there is much work that still needs to be done to fully understand resilience and where it comes from."

On another note,
I sincerely appreciate all the work Laura and the rest of you are putting into this monumental project,
but it's been 3 months since the last Cass transcript.
Is it "all quiet on the 6d front" or is this a case of too much to do and not enough time in a 24 hr. day?
:)

oldtiger said:
On another note,
I sincerely appreciate all the work Laura and the rest of you are putting into this monumental project,
Is it "all quiet on the 6d front" or is this a case of too much to do and not enough time in a 24 hr. day?
What Vulcan said, and it's only been a little over a month since the last session was posted, and if you missed it, you'll find the link in the thread Vulcan referenced.

SAO said:
oldtiger said:
On another note,
What Vulcan said, and it's only been a little over a month since the last session was posted, and if you missed it, you'll find the link in the thread Vulcan referenced.

yes a new session from 2008 ;)

Pashalis said:
SAO said:
oldtiger said:
On another note,

yes a new session from 2008 ;)
If that's sarcasm and you're implying that a 2008 session doesn't count as "new", and that it makes it somehow less interesting or useful, I'd beg to differ, but that's just me. The C's transcripts age like wine, not like milk! They just get better with time since you get more out of them when re-reading later on :)

Back
Top Bottom