Session 28 May 2013

Iron

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
Also, the time spent on sott is time well spent.
Those precious minutes that wont return will be spent gathering knowledge, instead of dissociating.

Palinurus

The Living Force
shellycheval said:
Iron
Quote from: Laura on Today at 01:49:40 AM

You have to read SOTT every day to get the big picture.

That certainly did the trick for me. Its a daily exercise. And sometimes its really hard to digest how bad things are becoming (Puppet masters and Society's Child in particular).

Indeed it will. SOTT is my morning newspaper. Almost daily reading of Signs of the Times for about ten years now, has created in my head and heart a hermeneutic--a "theory of understanding and interpretation of linguistic and non-linguistic expressions," or a way of knowing or interpreting the world. Daily input of knowledge, no matter how grim, has a cumulative effect on ones outlook and provides a tool for examining and questioning data in a manner that helps one sift though the clutter for the kernel of truth or remove the gloss applied to a topic to persuade or hide the reality of a situation. Such knowledge, IMHO, can over time create internal changes to the observer. There are few, if any, services to humankind of more value than seeking out information that provides a look at reality and publishing it on SOTT. Many thanks to the editors and all who make SOTT possible.
shellycheval

Thanks shellycheval for pinpointing the transformation process from passive consumerism of the news toward inter-active partaking in the quest for truth and (eventually) spreading more objective knowledge around for everybody who would ostensibly be interested in receiving such.

And my thanks to the SotT Team and to all others who contribute to the content and to the existence and maintenance of the site. :rockon:

Vic

Jedi Council Member
Iron said:
Also, the time spent on sott is time well spent.
Those precious minutes that wont return will be spent gathering knowledge, instead of dissociating.

Very well put, Iron. I, for one, have only recently realised the true depth of the reality we are dealing with, and the true depthof what this community is about, and what it is doing in response. I am grateful for this realisation which goes hand in hand with the mirror held before me that has shown me the amount of dissociating I have manifested, and the considerable noise I have generated here. I regret this. I intend not to waste any more of those 'precious minutes' - neither my own nor my fellow members. Thanks for your post.

Arwenn

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
shellycheval said:
Iron
Quote from: Laura on Today at 01:49:40 AM

You have to read SOTT every day to get the big picture.

That certainly did the trick for me. Its a daily exercise. And sometimes its really hard to digest how bad things are becoming (Puppet masters and Society's Child in particular).

Indeed it will. SOTT is my morning newspaper. Almost daily reading of Signs of the Times for about ten years now, has created in my head and heart a hermeneutic--a "theory of understanding and interpretation of linguistic and non-linguistic expressions," or a way of knowing or interpreting the world. Daily input of knowledge, no matter how grim, has a cumulative effect on ones outlook and provides a tool for examining and questioning data in a manner that helps one sift though the clutter for the kernel of truth or remove the gloss applied to a topic to persuade or hide the reality of a situation. Such knowledge, IMHO, can over time create internal changes to the observer. There are few, if any, services to humankind of more value than seeking out information that provides a look at reality and publishing it on SOTT. Many thanks to the editors and all who make SOTT possible.
shellycheval

I've just started to do just this shellycheval- reading SoTT as well as news websites to learn to see through the gloss and read the line of force of the articles in the MSM. But sometimes, I despair of just how bad things are, I literally feel de-pressed like I cant breathe or something. I feel like this today. :/

The news headlines here in Australia yesterday were focused on the capture of a psychopathic repeat child sex offender and killer. Typical of the justice system here, he may be eligible for parole in 20 years. It has taken 10 years and quite a sting to catch him. The justice system is created by psychopaths to protect them, as is evidenced by the psychologist's report (second link below). I didn't see these on SoTT yet, but I'm sure they will be uploaded soon.
_http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-13/cowan-found-guilty-of-killing-teenager-daniel-morcombe/5318542
_http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-14/psychologist-daniel-morcombe-brett-cowan/5322414.

shellycheval

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Arwenn
I've just started to do just this shellycheval- reading SoTT as well as news websites to learn to see through the gloss and read the line of force of the articles in the MSM. But sometimes, I despair of just how bad things are, I literally feel de-pressed like I cant breathe or something. I feel like this today. :/

The news headlines here in Australia yesterday were focused on the capture of a psychopathic repeat child sex offender and killer. Typical of the justice system here, he may be eligible for parole in 20 years. It has taken 10 years and quite a sting to catch him. The justice system is created by psychopaths to protect them, as is evidenced by the psychologist's report (second link below). I didn't see these on SoTT yet, but I'm sure they will be uploaded soon.
_http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-13/cowan-found-guilty-of-killing-teenager-daniel-morcombe/5318542
_http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-14/psychologist-daniel-morcombe-brett-cowan/5322414.

We have all felt this was about seeing reality and still do at times--I think there would be a problem if we didn't.
Your response brings to mind something Laura once said in regards to a discussion on how difficult it was to read a series of news stories on a pedophile ring and their victims. Laura said something along the line (and I am paraphrasing here from memory) that the poor children had to bear being the victims of this evil and the least we could do is bear witness to it and unveil the truth of it to the world for judgement. That facing knowledge and truth and looking the Universe square in the eye, so to speak, is what we have to do to finally "grow up"
and become fully human--or she said something similar and this is how I heard it. Maybe this will help you. Take care.
shellycheval

Arwenn

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
shellycheval said:
We have all felt this was about seeing reality and still do at times--I think there would be a problem if we didn't.
Your response brings to mind something Laura once said in regards to a discussion on how difficult it was to read a series of news stories on a pedophile ring and their victims. Laura said something along the line (and I am paraphrasing here from memory) that the poor children had to bear being the victims of this evil and the least we could do is bear witness to it and unveil the truth of it to the world for judgement. That facing knowledge and truth and looking the Universe square in the eye, so to speak, is what we have to do to finally "grow up"
and become fully human-
-or she said something similar and this is how I heard it. Maybe this will help you. Take care.
shellycheval

Thanks shellycheval, it does help. I'm at a loss to express just how evil some of these atrocities are. It hurts. I grieve for all the people who have suffered through out the ages because of psychopaths. And it's so tempting to want to go back to sleep and stick my head in the sand. There's no turning back, and your paraphrasing what Laura said really drove it home to me. So, today is a somber day for me. It is 9:36 am on the 15th March here in NSW Australia, the Ides of March, and a day to be contemplative, light a candle and sit with my thoughts.

Voyageur

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Prodigal Son said:
shellycheval said:
shellycheval
Ditto, and in total agreement there, SotT is the only newspaper worth reading for glimpsing reality in a crazy world.

Yes indeed, and the "daily input of (true) knowledge" using critical thinking and networking, as is said often here, helps to "build mass", i.e. in gaining knowledge you gain more weight. Because SotT delves deeply, not just into the repeated stories in www circulation, it makes connections and thoughtful commentaries through careful considering of the facts, which is unique. Furthermore, and I can't see this anywhere else, is that SotT has this forum with literally thousands of people objectively researching to explore ideas to their best possible depths. SotT could, like many others, focus exclusively on one or two categories, especially if the subjects have passionate followings. This I think would be a disservice to the whole complex field of life, and does not open the window enough on causation. Shining enough light on the many layers is critical. In this respect, take Libya, Syria, Palestine, there is a variegated history of the players who create hardships for people, and enough disinformation to try and diffuse, yet why, why psychologically would they do this to human beings in the first place? Another example is the world of phenomenon (UFO's or other), which SotT opens the ceiling on that looks to the great many aspects interlinked amongst the various fields, creating knowledge of theory, possible measurement, and done from our world of physics and psychology. I think SotT truly explores these things, never taking their eyes off these important A - Z subjects, which is a service to all others, osit.

mabar

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I liked SOTT since the beginning due to its comments inside/outside the articles/news since I found the site. Its a morning paper to me too ;)

Horseofadifferentcolor

Jedi Council Member
Niall said:
Session 28 May 2013 said:
(Perceval) What caused the Waco fertilizer plant explosion?

A: Information overload in the form of a small comet fragment with a massive electrical charge.

Q: (Perceval) There was a fire burning before the explosion. What caused that fire?

A: First fragment.

This answer makes me go :umm:

NBC said:
Arson not ruled out in Texas fertilizer plant explosions

"Twelve of the dead were firefighters and other first responders."

This suggests that the first fragment impacted or exploded overhead and discharged onto the fertilizer plant, then firefighters arrived - let's assume from the town of West itself - and then the second fragment followed up for the encore.

How much time must have passed between the two events? 10, 15, 20 minutes at least? By then the planet would have rotated on its axis and moved some tens of thousands of miles through space! At the speed of 30kms per second, I calculate that Earth would have moved 18,000kms in 10 minutes.

I think this gives us some idea of the prominent role played by whatever 'laws of attraction' are involved here. How else to understand that two distinct fragments (or two fragments that were part of the same original body that broke up some ways out in space) can hit the same bullseye on a moving target with such pinpoint accuracy?

The ancients with their strange and 'fantastical' tales sure are making more and more sense :wizard:

_http://kxan.com/2016/05/10/officials-expect-to-announce-origin-and-cause-of-west-fertilizer-explosion/

Wednesday, the Houston Field Division of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) and the Texas State Fire Marshal’s Office announced the origin and cause of the plant fire and explosion. At this time investigators have funneled over $2 million into the case and say they are on the right path to solving the West explosion.

However, it is too early for investigators to say if murder charges await a suspect accused of starting the fire. So far no arrests have been made, but numerous leads have resulted from more than 500 interviews.

Horseofadifferentcolor

Jedi Council Member
"too early for investigators to say if murder charges await a suspect accused of starting the fire" If the C's are correct an innocent person will be blamed?

Joe

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Horseofadifferentcolor said:
"too early for investigators to say if murder charges await a suspect accused of starting the fire" If the C's are correct an innocent person will be blamed?

It's possible. But 3 years to determine the cause of an explosion in a fertilizer plant???

annp

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
And now they are offering a reward to catch someone - this after conducting over 400 interviews of people.

A 2013 fertilizer plant blast in Texas that killed 15 people and wiped out hundreds of homes was caused by a "criminal act," federal officials said Wednesday.

The force felt was equivalent to that of a magnitude-2.1 earthquake, and a 93-foot-wide crater scarred the site of the fertilizer plant, where dangerous chemicals, including ammonium nitrate, were stored.

ATF Special Agent Robert Elder said the agency is offering a $50,000 reward to help find the person who committed the crime, which was determined to be deliberate after "we ruled out all accidental and natural causes." But he could not say why someone would have set the fire.

Hmmm...did they really rule out all natural causes - or just decided not to go there? Sounds more like they decided it was better to find a patsy and just close down the case...nothing to see here folks!

Top Bottom