SOTT monthly Earth Changes Summary video translations

It looks like the "termination" means the complete deletion of the YT channel as the SOTT Media doesn't show up anywhere anymore. Scrolling the SOTT video embedded auto-playlist at the bottom of the French or Croatian SOTT Home page shows that 3 channels reported copyright infringement for 2 SOTT Summaries each, leading to 6 out of 10 this year's Summaries being flagged which probably by-passed the 'strikes warning' of YT channel temporary unavailability and ended up directly in prompt complete deletion.

One possibility to have the subtitled Summaries available for non-English SOTT sites, like the French one where Rumble has been blocked, at least those SOTT Summaries like the last one for October 2023 that weren't flagged on YT for copyright infringement, might be to upload them to the old SOTT YT channel, TheSOTTReport, where first few SOTT Summaries where also uploaded at the time.

Apart from those old SOTT Summaries, among other things on that YT channel, it's also nice to see @Joe, a dozen years younger, displaying 'another time's fashion' designs. ;-)
We're attempting to get the SOTT Media YT channel reinstated. We'll keep you updated...

It looks like the "termination" means the complete deletion of the YT channel as the SOTT Media doesn't show up anywhere anymore. Scrolling the SOTT video embedded auto-playlist at the bottom of the French or Croatian SOTT Home page shows that 3 channels reported copyright infringement for 2 SOTT Summaries each, leading to 6 out of 10 this year's Summaries being flagged which probably by-passed the 'strikes warning' of YT channel temporary unavailability and ended up directly in prompt complete deletion.

One possibility to have the subtitled Summaries available for non-English SOTT sites, like the French one where Rumble has been blocked, at least those SOTT Summaries like the last one for October 2023 that weren't flagged on YT for copyright infringement, might be to upload them to the old SOTT YT channel, TheSOTTReport, where first few SOTT Summaries where also uploaded at the time.

Apart from those old SOTT Summaries, among other things on that YT channel, it's also nice to see @Joe, a dozen years younger, displaying 'another time's fashion' designs. ;-)
Odysee doesn't seem to support subtitles, but there is a possibility to burn in subtitles (separately for each language) hiding the English ones. It will look like this:

1700398744519.png

After that, the video can be uploaded anywhere.

Odysee doesn't seem to support subtitles, but there is a possibility to burn in subtitles (separately for each language) hiding the English ones. It will look like this:

View attachment 85966

After that, the video can be uploaded anywhere.
How much additional work would be needed for that, i.e. is it worth the effort?
At the beginning, SOTT Summaries included separate captions for each respective language, but that was dropped because it involved re-editing the video for each language, and decided to go with the classic subtitles which could be easily added into YT.

How much additional work would be needed for that, i.e. is it worth the effort?
At the beginning, SOTT Summaries included separate captions for each respective language, but that was dropped because it involved re-editing the video for each language, and decided to go with the classic subtitles which could be easily added into YT.
If I have an already translated srt file (subtitles), it will take 15 minutes to burn them into the video on my computer. I don’t have to edit video manually.

If I have an already translated srt file (subtitles), it will take 15 minutes to burn them into the video on my computer. I don’t have to edit video manually.

Is it something complicated?

Is it possible to do it without any specific knowledge or a minimum?

Does it require special tools?

All those questions are just to know if it will be possible for anyone to do it in order to help you or in order that a volunteer for each language can do it rather easily.

Is it something complicated?

Is it possible to do it without any specific knowledge or a minimum?

Does it require special tools?

All those questions are just to know if it will be possible for anyone to do it in order to help you or in order that a volunteer for each language can do it rather easily.
Not really complicated. First, you have to convert the .srt file to .ssa. SSA is "Sub Station Alpha Subtitle File" which supports more styling/formatting (the conversion can be done here) - we need SSA to change the background of the subtitles to black to hide the English text. Then you add the video and the .ssa subtitles file to HandBrake - it's a free software (supports MacOS, Windows and Linux), change some options/presets and render a new video with burnt in subtitles. Depending on how powerful your computer is, it can take some time. On my Mac M1 Pro it takes 11-12 minutes. If the Sott Media Youtube channel won't be reinstated, I can do it for several languages unless somebody wants to help - in this case I can write a guide with all the steps.

And here is how it looks like on VK.

Last edited:
Depending on how powerful your computer is, it can take some time. On my Mac M1 Pro it takes 11-12 minutes. If the Sott Media Youtube channel won't be reinstated, I can do it for several languages unless somebody wants to help - in this case I can write a guide with all the steps.

My computer should be ok for that but nothing like testing it.

Yes a manual could be useful and thanks for offering.

You can count on me too but I would like to try it and see if it is doable from my side. So if I want to test it, I have to convert the srt file to a ssa file then put that in handbrake but with the odyssey link to the video or a video from my computer ?

Last edited:
My computer should be ok for that but nothing like testing it.

Yes a manual could be useful and thanks for offering.

You can count on me too but I would like to try it and see if it is doable from my side. So if I want to test it, I have to convert the srt file to a ssa file then put that in handbrake but with the odyssey link to the video or a video from my computer ?
Let's wait a bit with all this. Maybe Sott Media channel will be reinstated. Besides, we will need an original video with English text from @logos5x5.

Let's wait a bit with all this. Maybe Sott Media channel will be reinstated. Besides, we will need an original video with English text from @logos5x5.
For testing purposes (and maybe also for real), would the downloaded video in MP4 format directly from the Odyssey platform, i.e. from the SOTT channel there, be usable for this subtitles burning into it?

Back
Top Bottom