SOTT monthly Earth Changes Summary video translations

Ok but I was trying to find it in this thread.

I'm ready to test it as soon as I have the srt file.
It's made by the Mixer from the translated text in the Table, both posted by Gawan here. If needed I can deliver it here for those languages subtitles were translated into, once we go for the subtitle burning into the Summary.
For testing, you can use original English subs posted by OS here (just download the file as SRT, not the TXT, i.e. change the file extension using Save As option when downloading).

Ok but I was trying to find it in this thread.

I'm ready to test it as soon as I have the srt file.
Here it is for SOTT Summary October 2023, French translation.
Again, as Forum software does not allow SRT files/extensions to be uploaded to the posts, just remove TXT part from attached file's filename using Save As option when downloading.

Attachments

• ECS_October_2023_French.srt.txt
    8.2 KB · Views: 6
Depending on how powerful your computer is, it can take some time. On my Mac M1 Pro it takes 11-12 minutes.
On my 6-7 years old Lenovo for October 2023 Summary it took cca 13 min to convert 390 MB large MP4 file to 480 MB sized M4V one with subtitles embedded; didn't find the option (didn't look into it too much either) to save the original MP4 file format. FWIW.

Hey guys! As a temporary measure to avoid rendering and uploading several videos in different languages, we can use Rumble which supports subtitles. It's the best option IMO, and it could become an additional backup for the content.

It is a pretty decent platform and has a few more options than Odyssey.

Here's the login info for the Rumble account:

User: SottMedia
Email: es.sott.net@gmail.com

Link to the October video.

It is easy to add subtitles.

I can also help upload the subtitles if needed.

Also, we received a message from YT that the counter-dispute to reinstate the account is now in process. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
The subtitles for November are going to be delayed, the change of platform to odyssey is being complicated.

The SOTT team in Spanish is going to translate the focus and publish it with the video in English, so it doesn't get together with the December and end of the year and when we have the subtitles we will add them. I am telling you in case you want to do the same.

Comptes FACEBOOK Sott France et mon compte perso Perlou restraints et menacés d'être supprimés tous les deux :

FACEBOOK accounts Sott France and my personal Perlou account both restricted and threatened with deletion :

1704008986036.png

Hi PERLOU, a little joke for you, here's what you published last Friday. I wish you a happy New Year. Lol ;-)

Oui Dylou, je continue à éditer les articles de Sott France sur les deux pages Sott et perso pour que l'information puisse circuler même si la censure supprime des articles... J'attends qu'ils annulent d'eux mêmes ces deux comptes où Sott France est édité chaque jour...
Sur ces deux pages j'ai noté en "épinglé" (donc qui figure en première place)

Yes Dylou, I continue to edit the Sott France articles on the two Sott and personal pages so that the information can circulate even if the censorship deletes articles... I am waiting for them to cancel these two accounts on their own where Sott France is published every day...On these two pages I noted "pinned" (so which appears in first place)

1704018578614.png

1704018519164.png

Hi, people, the English subtitles for December is here.

Odysee does not allow to have different subtitles in a video, we will do it with Rumble, but I am not sure if here you can have several subtitles, I have uploaded the English subtitles, but I do not see the option to upload more subtitles in the same video.

Attachments

• December 2023.txt
    8.3 KB · Views: 10
Hi, people, the English subtitles for December is here.

Odysee does not allow to have different subtitles in a video, we will do it with Rumble, but I am not sure if here you can have several subtitles, I have uploaded the English subtitles, but I do not see the option to upload more subtitles in the same video.
Well, Rumble will not work in France, as it has been banned.
So I guess there are two options:
1- Just translate the Focus with the Odysee video in English;
2- Translate the Focus AND the subtitles and put the latter at the end of the Focus, after the video. Yet, I'm not sure that this option is relevant, as I, personally, would not look at the video while reading the associated subtitles.

So, I would go with the first option, unless @Jacques or Chateau Crew - @Niall? - think otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom