Soul, genes, karma and learning 3D lessons

Azur said:
Joe said:
Maybe you haven't been reading enough. :D

Fair comment. I've been hiding in a proverbial cave for too long.

Which can perhaps give you a clue as to the nature of your past/genetics? A tendency to hide.

RedFox said:
Azur said:
Joe said:
Maybe you haven't been reading enough. :D

Fair comment. I've been hiding in a proverbial cave for too long.

Which can perhaps give you a clue as to the nature of your past/genetics? A tendency to hide.

But don't go as far as thinking your last life was a caveman! :lol:

True! :lol2:

This is what I was thinking of:

Oxajil said:
I was told that in one of my past lives, the one that was connected in some way to my feelings of emotional abandonment that I've had since childhood (but is not as strong now), was one in which I was part of a group of people who had a certain opinion and who were locked up for life for having that opinion. I was a male in my younger years when I was incarcerated. So, I basically had spent a lifetime alone in my own head so to speak, while feeling misunderstood and abandoned in a way.

If I look at my childhood, I can see that my parents were not quite emotionally available or supportive. So mostly I would keep things inside, or talk to God (when I was younger). I'd often lock myself up in my room and try to deal with my problems on my own, but mostly I'd brush them under a rug. So, in a way, I've learned not to communicate (or in the wrong way), and communication has been difficult for me for a long time. I was told that in my past life, there was something going on in the 'throat chakra', which stands for "accepting your originality, expressing your authentic voice" or basically just communicating with other people, really listening and expressing your thoughts and feelings.

I have noticed that networking, and trying to be a bit more open and writing articles has helped with this, but I do find it to be still difficult. I guess it's a matter of a step at a time.

Oxajil said:
... my feelings of emotional abandonment that I've had since childhood (but is not as strong now), ... So, I basically had spent a lifetime alone in my own head so to speak, while feeling misunderstood and abandoned in a way.

If I look at my childhood, I can see that my parents were not quite emotionally available or supportive. So mostly I would keep things inside, ... and try to deal with my problems on my own, but mostly I'd brush them under a rug. So, in a way, I've learned not to communicate (or in the wrong way), and communication has been difficult for me for a long time. ... "accepting your originality, expressing your authentic voice" or basically just communicating with other people, really listening and expressing your thoughts and feelings.
I can relate to that too. :)

"Accepting my originality, expressing my authentic voice" is a project I'm working on at present and part of it involves "communicating with other people, really listening and expressing my thoughts and feelings" and opening myself up to others. The main part of the process is identifying (consciously - as the observer) past limiting emotions, feelings, thoughts, and actions, and stopping them in their tracks as they occur (reminding myself that this is endangering my best interests, reinforces the existing me, and that this lacks any love for myself), whilst working on creating the 'new me'.

Although it seems strange, I have not tried my father and other relatives for their mistakes, if one has the capacity to see the faults in others must also be able to understand them.
We should not judge harshly to our parents or relatives, they also must have its own hell and perhaps nobody understood or could consider.

Chu said:
But chillingly, trauma has a second, even more covert mechanism. It can affect children and adults directly, as in primary trauma, or it can function vicariously, make a long, stealthy leap from one person's mind to another person's, across space and time. Secondary trauma, the vicarious sort; is a term used most often by psychotherapists, to refer to the fact that a person (such as a psychotherapist) can begin to show significant symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder merely from hearing repeated stories about the traumatic experiences of other people (such as trauma patients). Secondary trauma quietly and pervasively occurs even in the lives of those who are not psychotherapists and who do not treat trauma patients, for the simple reason that, in a world where too many children have never even slept on a mattress, extreme human misery is not far removed from any of us.

In 1993, the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies stated in World Disaster Report that in the quarter century between 1967 and, 1991, disasters in various places around the world killed seven million people, and directly affected another three billion. In the same report, the Red Cross estimated that, between the end of World War II and 1991, about forty million people were killed in wars and conflicts, our perennial man­made disasters.

Indeed, viewed in cold objectivity, we are shell-shocked as an entire species.

If we travel a little away from the developed world, we find that more than one fifth of the global population still lives in extreme poverty, and life expectancy in some of the least-developed countries is forty-three years. At least one billion people now living on our planet suffer from chronic hunger, and a human child dies from malnutrition every four seconds. The World Health Organi­zation reports that half of humanity still lacks regular access to the treatment of common diseases, and to the most basic medicines.

In terms of both space and time, we are not very far away from similar levels of human suffering, though we seldom reflect upon the fact. If the history of humanity is compared to an hour, the so called developed world is but a few seconds old. Many of our great-grandparents, and even some of our grandparents, spent most of their lives in conditions we would consider unbearable.

Commonplace horror is only two or three generations behind us, and in places, not behind us at all. The Holocaust is a living memory. Other projects of ethnic genocide are being pursued even as these words are written.

And most of us have heard the stories, usually while we were children, and usually from people we cared about. For some, the accounts were only of the walking-to-school-five-miles-through-­the-snow variety. But for others, the stories were about surviving daily hunger, or a war, or a death camp.

One of the most poignant examples of secondary trauma that I have ever known involved a woman who had seen various therapists because of a vivid nightmare. This nightmare wrecked her sleep every night, leaving her chronically sleep-deprived and exhausted. Forty-four-year-old Magda was the granddaughter of a Polish physician, whose daughter, Magda's mother, had emigrated to the United States just after World War II. When she left Europe, Magda's mother was the only surviving member of a large family that had been decimated in the camps.

Magda's father was an American physician, whom her mother had met soon after her arrival here, while he was still a student. On account of her father, Magda's own childhood and adolescence, spent in an idyllic setting in western Massachusetts, had been financially privileged; and because of her mother, she had been a gently treated and obsessively watched-over child.

“Salon appointments were always the big thing. She always had my hair done, even when I was quite little."

As an adult, Magda kept her brown hair very long, and wore it invariably in an elaborate French braid.

When I asked Magda whether she had ever been traumatized, she replied, in wholly unaccented English, "No, of course not. Nothing like that." But somehow, even given her considerable intelligence and her distinguished forebears, Magda had not lived up to her family's ambitions for her. As a child, she had wanted to be a doctor, like her father and her legendary grandfather. Instead, he had dropped out of Harvard University in her junior year, and had spent more than two decades being haunted by her nightmare, suffering intermittently from major depression, and barely getting by as a nurse's aide.

"It's the story my mother told me," she explained, sallow-faced and sad, "except it's not my mother. It's me."

"It's you? You mean it's you in the dream?"

"Yes. It's what happened to my mother, only it's happening to me. Over and over again, every night."

"Your mother told you a story about what happened to her in the war?"

"Oh yes, many times. Always the same story, about the camp."

"How old were you when she first told you this story?"

"I don't know, really. I don't remember a time when I didn't know it. I must have been really little."

"And your dream is always the same?"

"Always the same. Always just as bad. I'm with a lot of people, in some kind of a long line. I'm naked, and I'm really, really cold. Someone shoves me down to the ground, and I see that they're taking away my mother and my father. I scream "Mother!' but someone kicks me hard. I wake up screaming. I wake up screaming every night."

"Is this exactly what your mother told you about what happened to her?"

"Yes, exactly. . . except, well, except that she was not a tiny child, and in my dream, I'm a tiny child."

"That's so terrifying. "When you wake up screaming from the dream, what do you do?"

"I get up and walk around my apartment. I turn on all the lights, and I touch things. I touch my big couch and the soft draperies. I touch the numbers on my kitchen phone, all like that. I need things to bring me back to the here and now, or something. The dream is so real. And after I've done that for a while, I think I start to get really numb. Not frightened by the dream anymore-instead I get, well, kind of feeling-less. I wake up on the couch a lot in the mornings."

Magda was tormented by this dream every night of her life, and our progress in therapy was extremely slow.

While she was still quite young, she had made a vow never to become a mother herself. During one session, when I asked her why, she answered without hesitation that the world was just too dangerous for children.

"But you live in New England," I said, "and World War II was so long ago."

"You're right, of course," she replied. But then she looked away, and stared in silence at an empty chair across the room.

Data said:
Fascinating story. I mentioned elsewhere that I think that for a certain period of time, I 'channeled' part of the WWII trauma of my great-grandfather. This was a series of rather gory dreams in first-person experience, which were confirmed by my grandmother AFTER I had them, without me revealing anything about my dreams. The most compelling indication of that was: I saw 'stitching' of wounds without anaesthesia, shouting "I don't want to go back!", and passing out. Grandma then told me that her father was a Samaritan during WWII and also passed out due to what he saw. Not a definitive proof, but still...

Once I saw a connection, I told my great-grandfather in my mind: "I acknowledge the pain you had to go through, and I am very thankful that you enabled me to have my life. However, this pain is not mine. I am just the great-grandchild." The dreams stopped, and never returned.

Here's a thought...

If genetics can create suitable profiles for specifically tuned souls/soul-energies to inhabit, then perhaps it's not just traumatic memories being passed along as Martha Stout's observation suggests, but actual souls who really did experience death camps and such, but who got distracted on the way to the light and became attached to their own descendants?

-The attachment would be easier to have happen, presumably, if the genetics are already leaning in that direction.

After all.., we strongly suspect/know that a lot of behavioral patterns and ticks and such can be caused by attachments exerting their own will over the host.

(Which, for me, rather complicates the idea of Karma.)

Although it seems strange, I have not tried my father and other relatives for their mistakes, if one has the capacity to see the faults in others must also be able to understand them.
We should not judge harshly to our parents or relatives, they also must have its own hell and perhaps nobody understood or could consider.

Agreed the information in this post eye opening yes should not be used IMO to point fingers at the past but used as knowledge in your own life now for the life you want in the future.

Going off what Joe Dispenza says about the neural connections, brain mapping, neuroplasticity etc:

I'm wondering now if, let's say I'm living my previous life and I have certain beliefs I don't work through. Then that brain will be structured and mapped in a certain way that mirrors this.

What if part of the epigenetic incarnating naturally puts us into a body where over the formative years of life, we can rebuild/recreate this current brain with the same or similar mapping to the last one we had, because maybe the only way to change these beliefs - and in turn, our DNA, the combination of which determines 'where we fit' - is we literally have to do it physically, by changing and remapping the brain we have now?

If that makes sense...?

As I side note, I'm pretty amazed at how far ahead of the curve Laura was when writing The Wave; in two ways that I've seen over the last couple of days. Gabor Mate's explanations of addiction where he talks about early trauma and how it wires and programmes us (we are made addicts in our own skins) and then Joe Dispenza's explanation of how to rewire the brain (who gets picked to run).

One running theme for me reading this thread and: Hope, Fear and the Future is interacting with others - or done correctly, networking. Whether it's AA or past life regression or family, or for those of us here, the forum; most of these activities are done with at least one other. And usually because it can't be done alone or it at least isn't as effective. And genetics are like the network you didn't consciously (in this dimension) choose for yourself.

In the interview with Dr. Gundry he exposes the truth behind lectins and how they relate to autoimmune disease.

But, relevant to this discussion he says that most of his patients with IBS/Fibro/MS also have these issues throughout their family and, after a one on one meeting, he can often identify trigger events for this - he was suggesting that there's some familial component, perhaps they're genetically predisposed. One major cause he thinks is stress which disrupts the gut and thus the body. Again i believe this supports Dr Mate's theory of diseases that run in the family.

Is this an example of possible predisposition and perhaps how a soul or spirit can find a suitable vehicle? Because without the initial trauma the lesson may not be present? Thus missing catalysts but also not balancing karma? Of course were the person capable of self remembering/the Work they can legitimately be avoided. So freewill isn't being abridged because lessons are ready and waiting if need be.

I also wonder whether since a pattern of your consciousness is already 'there', like morphic resonance, perhaps it is true that 'the Lard only chucks at you what you can handle', because actually you've walked these roads before just not at the right moment or not fully, hence the repeat.

It also reminds me of how the forum is very much like a digital Akashic records - in that our shared experiences are always here, and pooled together in one resource which can be 'used' by others at will; and without leading to a depreciation in its value.

One major component from our experiences growing up, for me, was mentioned in The myth of sanity: that trauma survivors have this compelling feeling and questioning that all of what happened before, must be for some reason other than the everyday mundanity of life. And that actually the question can become all consuming. Again, without the contrasting trauma the questioner may not be as determined to accomplish the task at hand. For myself, i think the hedonism that came into my life quite would have been an easy sleep to slip into; temptation into non-being was/is everywhere; however that seed of pain which begged for the light of truth eventually began to find it's way out. I was lucky to have found the forum when i did. And as per Joe's recent post, without Laura paving the initial pathway, and sharing (in our Akashic records) i could have found myself half way down the wrong garden path.

And then thinking about the idea of group therapy and family trauma - because members often report to benefitting from the forum or group therapies like AA - i remembered the meme that has gone around about an African tribe - because the idea touched me quite deeply - the meme in short: before they're born the Mother is already humming the childs song, when they are born it is sung and, as they grow should they 'do wrong' the village crowds round and sings the birth song, the child is regretful and is restored to the tribe.

According to a quick search that idea is bunk: the 'beautiful savage myth'

But thinking about family, group therapy, or networking, and creating neuro-pathways, two of the main sources of issues seem to stem from our programs which tend to come in the setting of a small group, a family, our class at school, our friends.

Whatever the catalyst, work within a group, a family or AA, appears to be extremely effective at instilling or overcoming programming. It may be due to the power of shared understanding and empathy and limbic resonance or something else.

It also may hold weight for other reasons, like when 'Jesus' says 'when two or more gather together', like in psi experiments where more people = more energy.

So with this as the running theme, is part of our lesson, which has been stated before, the realisation that, at least for most of us, we need each other. Some of us can't trust, others trust too much and both can be due to trauma or just plain experience. And the overriding ponerized ideal tends to be individuality to the extreme.

We're born bound by genetics but our realisation that we aren't matter and we can overcome our inherencies but only by utilising the only true resource we have, each other, can we actually overcome it.

Joe said:
Odyssey said:
The other night I was feeling sad about the bleakness of the world and how it is kind of a sorry state to be a human being. In a way it was probably like a profound feeling of being disconnected from ...the source or truth and love?? And will there ever be anything better? Will I ever be anything better? I was thinking that we are born alone and we die alone essentially. No one can occupy your body with you and have the same experiences that you do. The words, "There is no escape," kept running through my mind. No amount of dissociation, no matter how positive it may seem, will alleviate this state of things. There is no running away and I won't be rescued.

I figured the only way to deal with this is to make peace with it and know that the only way we can alleviate this loneliness and disconnection is with other beings through physical contact and meaningful conversation and interaction. By sharing. Really sharing. Not a bunch of fake, surface-y stuff but giving all that we can.

So thanks for writing the above post, Laura. If this is all there is, then so be it. It is the choice to find meaning in this life that matters.

This feeling of disconnection is a necessary part of the process. It is seeing the truth of the human condition. Most people never allow such thoughts to enter into their conscious minds to be reflected on. On the contrary, they shove them under the rug at every opportunity, and with all sorts of "distractions". While it feels depressing Odyssey, realise that it is through this awareness, and sitting with it, that you provide yourself with the motivation and will to create something real, something lasting, something new.

It is through our relationships with others that we suffer. But it is also through our relationships with others, depending on how we handle them, that we can come to know ourselves and others, and, with the right people, know ourselves AS others and vice versa. A shared and common aim, a shared and common struggle, shared and common suffering, leading to shared sense of belonging, shared knowledge and understanding, and through that, joy. :hug2:

I also wonder if this doesn't correlate to the 'hope, fears and the future thread', in that hope seems to stem from an individual, subjective perspective whereas, for me, the idea of faith takes on more weight because it is shared, objective and combined with action.

So the theme is one of disconnection and the healer seems to be connection? Which is also the certification that you've learned 3D lessons? That whether you like it or not, working together is the only way out. At least for the majority of us aiming for STO.

And from my FB feed today:
"Heraclitus said strife is the creator of all great things. Something like that may be implicit in this symbolic trickster idea. In our tradition, the serpent in the Garden did the job. Just when everything was fixed and fine, he threw an apple into the picture.

"No matter what the system of thought you may have, it can’t possibly include boundless life. When you think everything is just that way, the trickster arrives, and it all blows, and you get change and becoming again.”

Joseph Campbell, The Power of Myth

Which for me is the idea of conscious suffering through catalyst. And to bring it back to the idea of 'soul'; well even if we must earn a soul, but before that, we may also share a soul group of some kind and, just like 'returning back to the one creator' and choosing which path to take, first we need to return to our soul group, and part of that is first working out who we are, in order to see where we fit, which allows us to then move on to the next stage.

Woodsman said:
Here's a thought...

If genetics can create suitable profiles for specifically tuned souls/soul-energies to inhabit, then perhaps it's not just traumatic memories being passed along as Martha Stout's observation suggests, but actual souls who really did experience death camps and such, but who got distracted on the way to the light and became attached to their own descendants?

-The attachment would be easier to have happen, presumably, if the genetics are already leaning in that direction.

After all.., we strongly suspect/know that a lot of behavioral patterns and ticks and such can be caused by attachments exerting their own will over the host.

(Which, for me, rather complicates the idea of Karma.)

That's possible, I think. And if you're going to speculate about that, then there is also the possibility that those memories are real in some cases, because they belong to one and the same soul. For example, the same soul could inhabit two people in the same family, obviously in different bodies and at different parts of history. Like, if you have a "memory", and you learn later that that actually happened to your great-grandfather (and the same with similar beliefs), maybe you WERE him? Assuming he died before your birth, of course (though the Cs have also made mention of souls not "sitting" in a body since birth, so I guess there could be some overlaps there too). And there's also the idea that "souls run in families". That you met your relatives before, but in other roles (your father may have been your son/cousin/wife/whatever in another life). So, the memories and beliefs would be part of family lessons.

Argh, too many possibilities. :umm:

Joe said:
luke wilson said:
Plus since it appears to be a sort of huge black hole in which anything can be thrown into... it seemed to me that it's setting an impossible challenge for the conscious mind. How can one truly know what lurks where one can't see? It ain't called the unconscious for no reason... Logic dictates it's a black hole that the conscious mind can't truly come to fully know, therefore always leaving us in the position of never having solved the problem.

Not true, I think. Have you ever done something, or repeatedly done something, that you soon regretted? A repeating pattern kind of thing? Have you ever done something that you later wondered "why did I do that? It caused me such a problem!?".

I know you have, because you've written about such things on this forum.

Was just reading another thread and thought of a basic example that I think most people can relate to. We all have certain patterns of speech that we use habitually and unconsciously. For example, we may say "you know" or "uhm" a lot while speaking. But the first time someone points it out to us, we usually say, "What? Really? I never noticed." Now, if it was impossible to be conscious of something that's unconscious, that would be the end of it. But after learning that we do this, we CAN notice it. Then we catch ourselves doing it, and usually get annoyed by the fact that our voice boxes seem to be saying things we didn't intend them to be saying. After that with some effort we can stop doing it.

I think the dynamic applies to all sorts of situations. For example, we may unconsciously dislike people with a particular voice or hair color or demeanor based on early traumas, ingrained prejudices, etc. We may be aware that we dislike a particular person, but once we realize that this might be an unconsciously produced projection, we can train ourselves to get past it. We don't hate the person because of who he or she is; we were simply finding reasons to hate them because we were threatened by or afraid of them because they were a ginger, perhaps.

T.C. said:
What if part of the epigenetic incarnating naturally puts us into a body where over the formative years of life, we can rebuild/recreate this current brain with the same or similar mapping to the last one we had, because maybe the only way to change these beliefs - and in turn, our DNA, the combination of which determines 'where we fit' - is we literally have to do it physically, by changing and remapping the brain we have now?

Problem is that the brain has more connections than there are genes to program them. In other words, genes can't fully determine the final brain structure. They provide the building blocks, and regulatory sequences determine what gets built when, but again we run into the type of problems that led Sheldrake to develop his theory of morphic fields: genes can't determine the shape of things. Some other, 'higher-than'-genetic information has to do that, i.e., instruct genes when and where to build.

But there may be something to the idea that certain epigenetic markers can influence the nature of the building blocks, e.g., sensitivity to certain environmental stimuli, as in the rat experiment where the gene associated with sensitivity to a certain smell was affected.

Hi, Approaching Infinity:
I do not understand the problem that you mean: "Problem Is That the brain has more connections than there are genes to program them"
It is assumed that the genetic programming is mechanical. I think those "more connections" and "regulatory sequences", can not be outside becauce are derived from the same substance of genes.
It is assumed that the DNA / Gene is from where all programming, but you give to understand that there is a substance outside the program. I do not understand how this can be.

Very interesting, this thread. As I read through it, I can’t help but remember times in my past when I realized that I was my Mother. I had spent so many years doing everything I could possibly think to do to Not Be My Mother.

This could be written off as adolescent rebellion. That may actually be true, but at one point, as I looked back at my choices and behavior, and the circumstances of my life (around 26-ish yoa), it was very clear to me that even though my life ‘looked’ completely opposite of my mom’s, under that veneer, I was My Mother! How can it be that I was so Not my mother and So My Mother at the same time? This confuses me still at 52 yoa!

It is also interesting that I, in certain ways, share many qualities with my Father. Well, my step father, who basically raised me. We don’t share that ‘genetic’ stuff, but it seems that maybe something in my mother attracted her to him as a husband and father of her children. So that is an interesting thought anyway.

But, thinking more deeply about this ‘genetic’ business, I wonder about who was this man that was my biological father. What might I have inherited genetically from him? I’ll never know the answer to this question though, but…I now know that I can’t blame my mom for everything!

But seriously, that realization, at that point in my life, led me to a more mature (or so I think) understanding and appreciation for My Mother. Who she was/is and what she went through during my childhood. It prompted me to put myself in her shoes. This meant also taking into consideration the social, cultural and political circumstances at that time. So, as a 26 yo, I tried to see my mother and her life as a 26 yo. All I can say is, “Wow”.

But thinking in terms of genetics, there is so much that I don’t and can’t know of myself. That is very sad. Maybe though, my ‘soul’ foresaw this to be, and chose my genetic parents anyway? Certainly I am not the only person in this sort of ‘genetic dilemma’!

I don’t know who I am, let alone who I might be destined to become. Genetically or otherwise. I only know that I can strive to be the best whomever, every day. And that is hard enough.

Another thought struck me as worth bringing up...

I recall reading accounts of people who suffer various physical ailments in this life which had been variously explained (by the C's and others), as artifacts of traumatic wounds experienced at the time of death in immediately nearest past lives.

A person experiencing breathing problems today due to inhaling flames at the time of death, for instance.

-Which suggests that perhaps it's a two-way street. Strong energies running through a soul can alter the genetics or at least the physicality of the next body. Which goes to show, (albeit in a rough and tumble way), that the soul can indeed determine the experiential expression of a life and that one is not entirely a slave to genetics. -Which is I think what we all reasonably assumed, but it's nice to consider a concrete example of nonetheless.

Another bit of reading I recall (from a transcribed dialogue between a source and a questioner), was that of a subject complaining about poor legs which were unsuitable for strenuous activity and which had dramatically altered the preferred options in life. The response suggested that athletics had been previously explored in other lives to a point where it was no longer as much benefit as following perhaps a different course of new experiences. -So picking a body predisposed to bad legs was a way, I inferred, of breaking one out of a comfort zone so as to expand learning opportunities.

And finally...

I hunted around but could not locate a great little analogy the C's brought up. (I think it was them? It might have been one of the other sources sometimes cited; Ra or Pleiadians). -A reference to how much control our conscious selves have over the course of our lives and lessons as pre-planned by our higher selves. -That is, we have the same approximate amount of control a caveman might be expected to have over the course of a jumbo-jet (while riding coach?).

That's extremely paraphrased, I apologize. -Curiously, while hunting around, I found the much more commonly used reference to neanderthals and 747's and Atlantean technology, as well as the inability to control a 747 by supposed 9-11 thugs due to inexperience. -But not the actual reference I was looking for.

Does it even exist anymore?

Hmph.

Back
Top Bottom