The Hungarian Language: One of the true wonder of the Earth since ancient times

your the type of person who could be shown a miracle, and then not believe that you were shown one...and then ask for another..and another...
i have to laugh at your summary, because it is obvious, that you could not begin to comprehend themyourself,a nd that is why you have to use the tactics you used when writing in self defence, because it is a way to disguise that your level of intelligence is not up to par, to decode them yourself, in away that is concrete to you.
you want concrete then houses are concrete....the tablets tell us, the up and down of the housing market, and the time frame for it, in the animal year for it, etc..etc..
also some consider money concrete, and you can also forsee inthe same tablets, the financial markets in this time, era, and who(which country) grew out of it,with power, but also, who and when they will fall, and with whom....they even tell who is profiting right now and who isnt and how to identify which ones are falling or have fallen....
there IS a language within the language, on the tablets, and then another layer of languages on top of that, because they are written in a multidimensional style.
and YES, you must consider the empty spaces, for they are alive as well, and if you dont understand that, in style of decoding anything, then you cannot be half as intelligent as albert einstein, who studied the empty spaces,OF, the spaces, and made his fame on doing so.
any Langdoc record, has a language of the spaces, to be read WITH the "seen" language....
If you dont consider the "seen" with the "unseen" then your lost right at the beginning of trying to understand it. there are many hidden rules of "reading" old text, but you can also find proff of these rules, in the paintings, from old, and in writings disguised.....
Nostradamus gives us prime examples of all of these and many others...
My fav, of his, , is in the quatrain, 1X:89 when he speaks of "philips, int he first line.....
what he is really saying in this line, is when you speak of golden phi on the lips, you will prosper and rightly so, be gaven your divine porportion.....now some have interpretated that, philips, as the mans name, Louis philips, in propphecy, but then, it becomes lost, in how it was written, well hidden, within it,a key secret, but made to unravel, to those who know what to look for by the intstructional patterns he left, within his writings to us....but not to everyone..the non believers will be left behind...with no divine porportion to speak of....

hotcherri,

The tone of your word salad seems to reveal that you may not be collinear with this forum, where the common aim is to determine the truth, objectively, without identification. Collinearity begins by wanting it. Do you?

Re: The Hungarian Language: One of the true wonder of the Earth since ancient ti

hottcherri said:
your the type of person who could be shown a miracle, and then not believe that you were shown one...and then ask for another..and another...

Well, just because one person proclaims a miracle does not necessarily make it so. I notice that when you were actually invited to provide an example of your own reading of Sumerian cuneiform (which was, originally, your own idea), that you have backed away from the invitation and resorted to replying with defensive language. This indicates to me that your bluff may have been called -- am I wrong?

hottcherri said:
there IS a language within the language, on the tablets, and then another layer of languages on top of that, because they are written in a multidimensional style.
and YES, you must consider the empty spaces, for they are alive as well, and if you dont understand that, in style of decoding anything, then you cannot be half as intelligent as albert einstein, who studied the empty spaces,OF, the spaces, and made his fame on doing so.

Well, you are right, I am certainly no Einstein, but I get by ;) However, you are throwing out a lot of grand-sounding ideas which are too vague to really be meaningful -- again, can you offer an example?

hottcherri said:
Nostradamus gives us prime examples of all of these and many others...
My fav, of his, , is in the quatrain, 1X:89 when he speaks of "philips, int he first line.....
what he is really saying in this line, is when you speak of golden phi on the lips, you will prosper and rightly so, be gaven your divine porportion.....now some have interpretated that, philips, as the mans name, Louis philips, in propphecy, but then, it becomes lost, in how it was written, well hidden, within it,a key secret, but made to unravel, to those who know what to look for by the intstructional patterns he left, within his writings to us....but not to everyone..the non believers will be left behind...with no divine porportion to speak of....

Mm-hm. Look, to be honest, this seems to be one more example where you are slicing and dicing information just any old way until you come up with something that seems neat. I have no doubt that there are all sorts of obscure and meaningful items to be found in the Nostradamus quatrains, but the way you go about this seems quite subjective because there are no controls (by which I mean consistent techniques used to uncover an underlying order) which you can use to objectively verify what you suggest.

More to the point, when I read over all of your threads posted so far, I am left with the impression that you really enjoy using this forum to think out loud (largely about Nostradamus), that you really enjoy hearing yourself do so, and that you enjoy the thought of others listening in on your inner dialogue, but when someone interrupts your free association, as was done on this thread, you find it quite irritating.

I would invite you to spend some time, if you haven't already, really looking around the various threads on this forum to see what you can get out of it all. There are of course lots of interesting things here about metaphysical and paranormal phenomena, but the core of the forum is really about work on one's self and how to do that effectively as part of a network. So far, I see much evidence that you can give information, but little that you can receive. If you are not interested in a balanced two-way exchange, then you may have wandered into the wrong bar.

Great! I just lost 2 hrs of typing when in preview mode using the backward arrow key delets the whole reply page. FUYI*&I*&&(*^*&^R*&!!!!!!!

Why cant web writers fix this bug which occurs in many sites?? AHHHH :-[ :cry:

Rob said:
Great! I just lost 2 hrs of typing when in preview mode using the backward arrow key delets the whole reply page. FUYI*&I*&&(*^*&^R*&!!!!!!!

I've learned to write in Word and save frequently...

Laura said:
Rob said:

I've learned to write in Word and save frequently...

as a programmer, I learned very early on the hard lesson!
So, I've got into the automatic habit of, when I'm using an editor, saving pretty much after every sentence. CTRL-S is all it takes in most programs, and that's my most used hot-key combination ;)

edit: in web sites it is a problem that just isn't going to go away, because web programmers have very little control over what happens to text within browser page forms when you navigate through your page history, unfortunately.

Ah yes, i should know better really, but at 12 am one just isnt the most alert i'm afraid.
I too was a programmer of sorts & again, should know better..... :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, to summarise what i wrote, i think most people on this thread were somewhat hypocritical, no offence intended. A good debate is required, not common agreement.
Alt-S (hehe).
Not just here, but all people in many situations, due to human nature plus we r not robots with perfect control or God with infinite knowledge.
I find people expect others to follow their rules but then don’t follow it themselves when it suits them.
Many causes, conscious & subconscious.
[Copy n paste into Word, phew!... ;)]

I suspect few people truly seek the truth, but rather convenient truths, and modify the rules to make other situations valid. I see this at individual level and international level.
I even see it in myself and try to stop it if I catch it in time.
It is very hard though. You only see what u can see, even if you didn’t have to content with the myriad of conscious, subconscious, and environmental filters that further distorts the truth.

Example, if 6 bill people were shown an object no 2 people let alone more would see that object in exactly 100% same way. There r infinite shades of colour, eye quality, light intensity, cultural traits, habits, genetic traits, etc etc etc to ensure the truth can NEVER be seen in the physical word. Chinese whispers is a good example, that unless they all have perfect memories the start will differ form the end msg.

Communication is another ‘impossible to achieve task’ where every phase is laden with opportunities for mistake. This causes much grief in the world, wars between nations and fights between couples, parents/kids, etc, etc. The only possibly accurate communication is mathematics or other ‘concepts’ which are clearly and exactly definable.

The fact that the entire universe is nothing but energy means that nothing is as it seems to our eyes. The compression of energy simply makes the energy seem like a car, rock, house, person, etc. But the fact remains that all things r but energy, and an endless sea of energy at that. Herein lies the 1st clue to what is god, (if god exists) (off topic I know..). God in the generic sense (ie not religiously branded but generically defined) must be ‘100% all that is’. It’s as simple as that. If god was anything less then god would be a demi god at best, or just another powerful being. Its all or nothing. God is the entire universe.

What does that imply? Obviously that means that we r all god, not children of god, but god personified. As r the rocks, trees, cars, dog poo, planets, and the devil if it exists.
To conceptualise, think of a magnet that has a positive and negative pole. (evil/loving)
Blows to pieces the religions out there. Or does it? Maybve people r taking the old books too literally and not seeing their true meaning. Anyway, topic for another thread.

Back to this a thread, one thing I don’t like is double stds and I saw plenty of it here.
The 2 guys promoting the Magyar side (mostly the 1st guy) provided plenty of evidence from many non-hungarian sources, yet people derided or dismissed the evidence with comments such as the sources could have self-interest reasons for stating the antiquity of the Magyar language. Herin lays the illogical aspect. All people have (or can be accused of) having self-interest not just the affirmative side. So can the negative side. So the statement is meaningless, but implies either ill considered logic or simply racism against Hungarians.

There were many other examples I could find (again) but it doesn’t matter now as long as people take greater care not to be arrogant or glib or so sure in their knowledge (especially in the impossible to prove area of history). I always allow for some chance for being wrong, even with 1 +1 = 2 I still allow for the outside possibility that it doesn’t. Just like the entire planet was 100% sure the world was flat, doesn’t mean we cant all be wrong. We don’t have to know how we can be wrong since that assumes sufficient knowledge that we wont always have or know at the time. We (in a practical sense) r not god and don’t have that infinite knowledge or ability to interpret that knowledge even if we had access. I therefore never assume anything is guaranteed and always listen to others just in case, even if I disagree with them it is great to have as many perspectives of an issue as possible rather than that if everyone thought the same way. As a business analyst I don’t care how the solution is found as long as it is found…

I agree somewhat with these 2 guys but that doesn’t mean everyone should agree with them. The objective should be the truth not agreement or peace or war etc just truth. From truth all else follows in my opinion, without truth, as a business analyst, it makes my task of solving bus probs or making processes more efficient much harder and fraught with dead ends and false results. The truth may hurt, be uncomfortable, inopportune, costly, whatever, but u have the foundation to build solid house. Lies or inaccuracies weakens the foundation and so the house will never last. Nations that break international law and invade others in the name of this or that lay a faulty foundation and so their supposedly good intentions will not save them from their own double standards. That applies equality to personal situations with friends, family, strangers, etc. Taking ‘sides’ is a hot example where the truth matters less than their side winning. In the end they will loose. Obviously it doesn’t matter in sports etc, but in politics and serious matters truth is an immutable requirement. Hence I don’t follow one party, or economic , or social platform. All have their pros and cons, and quite frankly any sys would work almost perfectly except for the 1 flaw that causes most of the problems on this planet. HUMANS and their weaknesses. Intelligent robots (silly example) without emotions would do only logical things and woulds make any sys work well.

Wish I had a robot to review my work b4 submitting….

PS my older sister is a doctor of science (retired old girl hehe) who qualified highest ever and thus caused a special convening of professors to test her verbally. She had them stumped and even they had to research her responses. This is not to brag, since one of my principals is that I can only be proud/ashamed of what I do, not what others do. The point is that I worked with her after I graduated (commerce/IT) and she taught me the crucial need to be careful with interpreting statistics/results, it takes much training and review and anlysis not to jump to obvious but incorrect conclusions that the lay person (me included) is bound to do. Her field was food/nutrition (a dietician) doing cancer research (here in Oz). The point being we must be very careful about any conclusions especially if we r untrained/unqualified. Also that science is not perfect. Established principles do not work in ALL situations (except in maths) because science doesn’t know all the principals, and never will. So when 1 person here said that we must follow scientific methods that is not true except in ‘known’ circumstances. There r many examples where science techniques failed and creative thinking succeeded. Life is not confineable to principles so relying exclusively on them yields limited results.

EG, the glyphs in Sth America that scientists could not decipher, was solved by a scientist a decade ago but not by using known language principles but thinking creatively.

Jane Goodall claims that conventional science limits the capability to observe new chimp behaviors in the wild and thus many of the now accepted knowledge would not have been discovered.

Doesn’t mean we cant contribute or that science is the wrong path. Science is but one path which can be used to corroborate breakthroughs but often not to make the breakthroughs. I am often asked to solve probs not in my field but thru creativity, logic, science, (luck/higher guidance), and desire for the best possible outcome irrespective of how it is determined has meant I have always been successful (so far at least).

Anyway, the last thing I want to sound is preachy or know it all, the above ‘stuff’ is merely my opinions thus far. All I want to for honest debate and openness. For me, the more perspectives the better. If everyone thought like me the world be a peaceful place but boring, high in some technology but low in other technologies. I don’t want people to think like me or agree with me to be nice, but just to try to keep biases to one side and see things on their merits not on maintaining the ‘status quo’. If our ancestors maintained the status quo we’d all still be living in trees.

Best Regards and peace :)
Rob

Hi Laura,

I am not qualified to talk about anything other than commerce & IT, so my opinions r primarily based on what i read from scholars works etc, and try to piece them together.
I love history hence why I am here.
I am an Ausi (Australian) though i dont believe in nationalism, of Hungarian parents.
I think many 1st gen people never feel completely one or the other which i think helps add to my neutrality. But I am human so I will be biased to some degree unfortunately which is annoying.

BTW, Magyar means: Mag (seed) Yar (go, wander, travel). It literally means the seed nation or seed of human kind which can be interpreted as going forth to colonise..

Anyway, knowing some basic Magyar (like a 6 yr old unfortunately) I can view transliterated Sumerian texts & find similar sounding & meaning magyar words.
I am not silly enough to just assume that ends the debate, it is only a hint to me to ask the experts. I will provide examples shortly. Some Hungarian names r even mentioned in Egypt. 1
But it is interesting that Hungarians can do that, & to some degree other agglutinative speaking peoples. Though i read some time ago about a decent level of Ukrainian (or some such) cultural connection to Sumer as well which I found intriguing. I have heard that Hungarians considered themselves descendants of Attila the Hun, and Sumerians b4 it became nationalistically cool to do so. We need US scientists to examine the evidence. An Italian M Alnai is certain of the Magyar link to Sumer in his extensive studies 10 yrs ago. Chinese scientists also tend to link Magyar to ancient history and its fortunate they have many surviving records. I saw in a doco recently though that 1 of their emperors destroyed many or all douments in order to start fresh after the destruction of the city or state or some such. What a waste, couldn’t he just bury the books for posterity??

Your reference to Kramer was interesting, re: Sumerians not being aboriginal there since I read also the theory that (some) Magyars (Tordos culture)migrated from Europe to Sumer and that E.Europe had the earlier writing. Refer to Magyar Runic writing that is unlike any other and has been linked to Sumerian. 2

The age of some pyramids and sphinx r debated to be much older that Egyptian era up to 10,000 BC or more according to some scientists in the US. And that a golden age existed much earlier but that great floods (now proven) caused the loss of those civilizations being mostly coastal. Hmm, maybe I should sell my beach property, lol. The reason I bring this up is that human civilization may not be compressed into just the last 5-6k yrs .

I cant see how Magyar or any current or dead language can ever be determined to be the original language, maybe via statistical algorithms or circumstantial evidence? Even if everyone said yep Magyar is the one I wont fully believe, how can we ever truly know? Only if they found ancient texts maybe. But even then…

If we assume for the sake of argument that Magyar is a descendant or originator or close relative of Sumerian (IF) then would you consider sufficient research has been done by the west or east in that vein? From my research I can only say no and there r many reasons for this if u r interested in knowing. Therefore when scholars and scientists say they don’t understand Hungarian and therefore just ignore it when considering history it is whacky to say the least since Magyar may be the key. Pls note that merely getting a Hungarian to English dictionary is no where near enough because a few words (a short phrase) can say volumes. This is testified by the westerners who did study Hungarian. You need to also know the culture which is half the key. The language is emotional unlike English and German for instance. An English speaker wont therefore be able to understand that since they do not have a ready reference in English etc.

Unfortunately my observations of Hungarians and E.Europeans is that they can be very emotional which I find difficult at times to tolerate. I am very neutral in serious matters since I must know the truth, that drives me, being right or winning does not concern me.

I won’t go on since my opinions aren’t important yet so instead I’ll provide evidence links in response to questions or statements. 

Cheers

John A. Halloran has great links
http://saturniancosmology.org/files/links/sumlinks.htm

PS
BTW, in my last post i mentioned David Stuart who deciphered the sth American gliphs.
Professor of Mesoamerican Art and Writing at the University of Texas at Austin.
I saw the doco on his work.

1. http://www.magtudin.org/Homeland%208.htm
“Chambell, an English researcher, writes that in Upper Egypt, in the city of Karnak on the wall of one of the temples, it is written in hieroglyphs, that in the empire in the reign of the Pharaoh Tutmoses III, there lived a people called the Maghars who were fighting on the side of the Hittites. The hieroglyphic text mentions the cities of Arad, Árpád and Maghara in the land of the Maghars. (Arad is also the name of a Hungarian city which was given to Rumania in 1920 and Árpád the first Hungarain King.) The name Maghar is almost identical to the Sumerian name MAH-GAR and the Hungarian name Magyar. Since the signs of the Magyar runic script most closely resemble those of the Phoenician runic script and Hungarian city names appear in that region, it would indicate that the Magyars lived here at the time of the development of the runic script.”

Dr. Nagy attempts to prove his theory by using extensive examples to show the linguistic similarities between the Sumerian, Old Magyar, and the current Magyar language. He also refers to several works written during the first millennium, including the Arpad codices and the De Administrando Imperio, and also relies on his own research of over fifty years. One point he makes is that while there are only two hundred Magyar words related to the Finno-Ugric language, there are over two thousand words related to the Sumerian language. (Nagy, 10)

“Runic scientist Sándor Forrai made a table that shows fifty percent similarity between the Magyar and Phoenician runic scripts and forty-four percent resemblance between the Magyar and Etruscan runic scripts. There was only a twenty-eight percent resemblance to the Old Turkic runic script. This disproves the theory that the Magyar runic script developed from the Turkish. The Glagolitic, Cyrillic or other scripts do not resemble the Magyar runic script.”

Jerry said:
Hi Rob,

Have you read this?

You may find this also to be interesting.

Hi Jerry, i did read but mostly skim thru it & agree with its premise for respect, openmindedness, etc.
i hope i havent unintentionally broken some rule. I never want to offend anyone, (or bore them senseless).
unfortunately my time is irritatingly limited otherwise i would read everything i ever see... :rolleyes: :)
it is hard though to speak in linear fashion when each sentence touches on several sub topics...

do u have a reason for asking me if i have read it. pls lket me know, i wont be offended.
my other desire is for people to teach me or point out things (i dont see that as condescending or rude, but as free training) :)

Rob, before going further, it would be courteous of you to give an introductory post in the Newbies section as you were asked to do here. It can be brief, giving some background about yourself and how you found this site.

Rob said:
Anyhoo, to summarise what i wrote, i think most people on this thread were somewhat hypocritical, no offence intended. A good debate is required, not common agreement.

In what sense did you feel that people were hypocritical?

Rob said:
Back to this a thread, one thing I don’t like is double stds and I saw plenty of it here.
The 2 guys promoting the Magyar side (mostly the 1st guy) provided plenty of evidence from many non-hungarian sources, yet people derided or dismissed the evidence with comments such as the sources could have self-interest reasons for stating the antiquity of the Magyar language. Herin lays the illogical aspect. All people have (or can be accused of) having self-interest not just the affirmative side. So can the negative side. So the statement is meaningless, but implies either ill considered logic or simply racism against Hungarians.

I suggest that you re-read the complete exchange above, considering the fact that the two people you have in mind may have actually been overly identified with their own Hungarian identity. Can you also give specific examples of where racism against Hungarians was in evidence?

Rob said:
Anyway, the last thing I want to sound is preachy or know it all, the above ‘stuff’ is merely my opinions thus far.

Thus Jerry's suggestion for you to read the Opinions thread.

Rob said:
BTW, Magyar means: Mag (seed) Yar (go, wander, travel). It literally means the seed nation or seed of human kind which can be interpreted as going forth to colonise..

What is the evidence for this?

Rob said:
Anyway, knowing some basic Magyar (like a 6 yr old unfortunately) I can view transliterated Sumerian texts & find similar sounding & meaning magyar words.

It is possible to do this with any two languages if your criteria are lax enough.

Rob said:
But it is interesting that Hungarians can do that, & to some degree other agglutinative speaking peoples.

Since a very large portion of the world's languages are agglutinative, this probably doesn't mean very much.

Rob said:
You need to also know the culture which is half the key. The language is emotional unlike English and German for instance. An English speaker wont therefore be able to understand that since they do not have a ready reference in English etc.

How do you quantify "emotional" in reference to language?

Rob said:
Unfortunately my observations of Hungarians and E.Europeans is that they can be very emotional which I find difficult at times to tolerate. I am very neutral in serious matters since I must know the truth, that drives me, being right or winning does not concern me.

You do not come across as being very neutral on this topic -- you seem to be rather identified with wanting to see Hungarian as "special" in some sense, in a similar way to the two people you mention above. Please note that, as I have mentioned earlier in this thread, Hungarian need not be considered either more important or less important than any other language or culture (lest you consider what I say here as evidence that I have a prejudice against Hungarians).

Rob said:
1. http://www.magtudin.org/Homeland%208.htm

I took a look at what you linked here, and while parts of it are interesting, the linguistic argumentation is very amateur. There may yet be interesting connections between Hungarian and other languages or cultures that have yet to be uncovered -- even Sumerian -- but in order to do so, the research will need to be much more rigorous than what Botos puts together.

This is an interesting discussion.My mother is half Hungarian. When we visited our family in Hungary and heard them speak I used to joke that even God did not understand their language; it is truly a strange sounding language. My mother married a SLovak later, as she ended up living in Slovakia after her grandfather (I think he was a jew, even though his daughters denied it), who was Russian was forced to escape with his family to Austria during WW11. My mom's history is truly fascinating. I have to get her to read these interesting detailed articles about the Hungarian langugage that you have posted on here. Oh, so besides having a mixture of a Slovak/Hungarian/Russian blood in me, I also have a gypsy blood as my father has some of it in him. My father does not even want to talk about it as if it was a curse. That's silly. And on top of all that his brother's son is a well known psychic in Slovakia, he lives in Kosice. Too bad I did not have a chance to meet with him, I would have definitely asked him where he thinks he is getting his answers from as a psychic. When I was a kid I used to play with him, he was a good kid, but I did not see any unusual signs in him that would have been expressed in him. THere is one good thing that he did and that is that he moved far away from his family and started a new life on the other side of the country.

Thanks for talking about this interesting topic.

[QUOTE author=Rob]Hi Jerry. . . do u have a reason for asking me if i have read it. pls lket me know, i wont be offended.
my other desire is for people to teach me or point out things (i dont see that as condescending or rude, but as free training)[/QUOTE]

Registering to post is opening a channel of communication. It's not only courteous but also practical for both parties to be introduced, to begin by knowing a little about each other. The guidelines provides that introduction, and all newbies are asked to read it.

It's understandable that many first time posters could underestimate the collective intelligence here. The vision and methodologies presented in the guidelines can mitigate any potential barriers to communication that may occur from this.

Consider that the first words you wrote to this group were:

i'm new on here so pls be gentle

then in your 4th post:

i think most people on this thread were somewhat hypocritical, no offence intended. A good debate is required, not common agreement.

Then after some preaching you provided the disclaimer:

Anyway, the last thing I want to sound is preachy or know it all, the above ‘stuff’ is merely my opinions thus far.

These gave the impression that an introduction was in order.

Hi Mona,

Wow! Such a varied background. :)

I know what you mean about relos being coy about their ancestry & the like but I dont think anyone should be coy/ashamed.
It adds to the variety/spice of life. One of my great Grandfathers was Jewish but its not spoken of much. I'm just fascinated by the history of it all.
My ancestors are all Hungarian as far as we know, but based on the history of Hungary its really a guess as u go further back in time. I've been topying with the idea of getting a genetic test done to trace ancestry. When i have some time i will do it, its not too expensive form what i saw. Not sure if u r allowed to mention prices on this site but you can find it easy enough on th net.

There is definately a stigma attached with being Gypsy. Europeans dont have the romantic vision of Gypsies that the west may have due to many current & historical interactions not being pleasant. Its always a pity when people dont get along & respect each other.

There r different opinions as to where psychic info comes from, the subconscious, the conscious, ghosts, the big guy, the great library of universal knowledge, etc. I suspect the info comes from all of these at one time or another. I suspect some psychic arent actually psychic though (from my experiences) but r actually telepathic. They read your mind or aura or some such & then deduce your past reasonably well but then have always failed in my case to predict the future. My Aunti reads coffee & is renown for getting dates & times but even with me she didnt get anything. I may have a block, who knows?

lol, i come up with lots of theories based on experiences, science, nature, etc etc.

Anyway, i hope you experience much educational discussions on this & other topics. All the best. :D

Hi Jerry,

Yes i did write an intro but lost it all with a press of the back key so i wasn't in the mood to continue at the time. I've learnt my lesson to use Word instead.

I am open to any question about my background so fire away at any time. :)

I agree & firmly believe that accurate communication is one of the most important, difficult, yet underestimated facts of life i can imagine. Not just in text which is understandable since u cannot see facial expressions (which apparently communicates far more than the words (unless its maths ;)), but even verbal, fascial, etc.

People sometimes (maybe often) misunderstand me. I tend to think it is my fault initially because I am trusting that people r honest, and so I am never initially aggressive as I always wait to get the facts (except in traffic) b4 I respond, but when i ask them to detail their issue it generally comes down to my lack of skill (in wanting to be brief & not boring) that i skim too much or not phrase it to their way of understanding. When i explain my mindset they r always amazed (in a good way), because they judge people based on their experiences & not necessarily whats in front of them. They assume that when i say something it means the same thing as when others say the same thing. I am however very logical, & though i will get my facts wrong i judge everything on its merits as i see them, not solely on past experiences or what others have said. Of course i am human so I make human mistakes. People do take offence sometimes even though i have no intention of that whatsoever. My interest is purely the truth, not winning something. i dont care who is right as long as someone is right. The accuracy of this statement is born out by my very successful work life which relies heavily on getting the best outcome for my client. :) the difficulty in my opinion is recognising the truth, rather accepting the sometimes unpleasant truth.

That’s why i said "no offence intended" because that is the truth i did not mean any offence, i am a 42 yo professional & i find derogation irrational & basically a waste of time which will only put people on the defensive. But it is also my belief that some posts were/r hypocritical & i gave some examples not to embarrass or deride but to highlight it to them as I explained. I wish i (everyone) could convey ideas telepathically so no misunderstanding would ensue, I really do. If i could you would not have written what you just did, you would know i am genuinely in search of the truth, & a really nice person according to everyone I know (which is a geeky thing to say i know).

PS when i said 'pls b gentle' it was only a joke. I dont want anyone to agree with me just to be nice. I want to get along with everyone of course but not at the expense of their truth. The more people that disagree with me/everyone the greater the chance of someone having the truth/answer to the riddle.

PPS Am i writing too much? i want to avoid all these misunderstandings but am cought between writing too much or too little & being quick as its alwys late by the time i come onto this forum. Cheers (really!) :cry: ;)

Back
Top Bottom