The Ice Age Cometh! Forget Global Warming!

Here in the Catalonia -Mediterranean- possibly going to snow, are increasingly falling temperatures. I live in an area at the foot of the mountain and the average is about 9 C, at least for now. I live about two years ago that it does not snow, but surely that this year.

Here's the parisian forecast for the next 12 days. It's so cold that the forecaster must have found that ocean blue isn't a cold enough color to symbolise how COLD the next days are going to be.

Attachments

• froid.png
    froid.png
    129.7 KB · Views: 28
Here in southern South Africa the heat is bad enough that as soon as I can I get totally naked. And the forecast for February and March is way hotter! I'm melting!

Here in Québec, we are going through another snowstorm which is the second one in a week. :nuts:

In the Netherlands it´s also VERY cold, it´s - 8 degrees where I live and in the northern area of Holland a temperature of - 22 has been recorded. One of the the coldest days/week of the century.

I can't even imagine how -40 must be like if - 8 is already this cold :O

arrhh its getting colder in the uk, it is -1c at the moment. Well not as extreme as other countries, but am sure we will get it next.

I just noticed this online that japan has snow. good post for SoTT.

_http://screen.yahoo.com/japan-braces-for-more-snow-28156688.html Snow fall in Japan close to record high with more to come.

Here in the central plains, U.S we had a beautiful fall, lots of sun, mild temps. The winter so far has been very mild. A few scattered snowy days but mostly much warmer than usual. Last sunday it was 70 F. Sunny 60's mon, tues and weds.

I love it but it is very strange. I keep expecting a huge blizzard to blow through, but nothing of the sort in the forecast. Makes me wonder what Mother Nature is up to. :huh:

Mac

Same here in Mideastern US, Mac. It was in the low 70's today. We've had some 60's as well recently. Very little snow this winter, just light dustings. Last year I think we had that big blizzard, so this is quite surprising.

If I remember correctly C's said that Euroasia will be first under ice offensive and than North America... :umm:

3D Student said:
Same here in Mideastern US, Mac. It was in the low 70's today. We've had some 60's as well recently. Very little snow this winter, just light dustings. Last year I think we had that big blizzard, so this is quite surprising.

In North TX we have had a very mild winter. It keeps swinging back and forth from highs in the 40's to the 70's. Never know what to wear and my body cannot adjust to the temperature changes.

I have never been a fan of snow and ice, but after last summer with months of temperatures over 100 degrees F - I would welcome some more brisk weather before we head back into the sauna days - and from the looks of things it will be soon! :thdown:

South-eastern Europe weather is going wild. Check this

http://englishrussia.com/2012/02/02/the-black-sea-got-frozen/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2095052/Think-cold-HERE-Beautiful-pictures-globe-world-freezing.html

http://hosted2.ap.org/ALDEC/TDWorld/Article_2012-02-01-EU-Europe-Weather/id-71ea42a22b6e4bfb80c7f9e2180226b4

http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/article/serbia-proclaims-state-of-emergency-due-to-heavy-snow

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/02/01/world/europe/europe-cold-snap/index.html

The Snow and minus temperatures -5 hit Kyushu, South Japan.
My heater is like overworked last few days in my room are 12°Celsius (53.6 Fahrenheit)
All standalone houses are made of wood.

Snow death toll hits 52; removal efforts hit wall

The Yomiuri Shimbun

Fifty-two people have died and hundreds have been injured in accidents caused by snow in northern and eastern Japan that has already reached more than four meters deep in some areas, according to authorities.

Respite appears to be some way off--heavy snow is likely to keep falling along the Sea of Japan coast through Saturday, the Japan Meteorological Agency said.

According to the Fire and Disaster Management Agency, 52 people had died in snow-related accidents as of Wednesday, 335 had sustained serious injuries and 412 minor injuries.

Thirty-six of the fatalities were people aged 65 or older, and 31 of them died in accidents while removing snow from roofs or roads.

One house has been destroyed by the snow, while two have been badly damaged.

Some parts of Aomori Prefecture have had more than four meters of snow, while Yamagata and Niigata prefectures have had more than three meters and Tottori and Nagano prefectures two meters.

The Aomori prefectural government and 12 municipal governments have set up disaster headquarters to deal with snow-related issues.

In Niigata Prefecture, where heavy snow has blanketed the Joetsu and Chuetsu areas, the Disaster Relief Law has been applied for seven city governments, including the Minami-Uonuma government.

Under the law, the central and prefectural governments cover a municipal government's snow removal expenses. The Niigata prefectural government's headquarters intends to set up an extensive support system that gives priority to local authorities hampered by a shortage of manpower and snow removal machines.

With many residents already exhausted by days of shoveling snow, the prefectural government will encourage its officials to take volunteer leave to assist with snow removal. It also will ask companies to encourage workers to take paid holidays for removing snow.

This year's snowfall is approaching the scale of that in 2006, in which 152 people died.
(Feb. 2, 2012)

today in news they said that 165 people died.

No change at all regarding temperature in the Canary Islands: mild winter and mild summer temperatures as usual. But I noted the sea was unusually hot when swimming last summer, which could be related to the recent sea volcanic erosion near El Hierro, one of the Canarian islands. It´s also less windy though the sea is more brave since last Autumn and also the wind is blowing now from a slightly modified direction. So the weather is shifting rather inadvertently in this area and people do protest when they feel like freezing at around 18ºC.!

Back
Top Bottom