The Ice Age Cometh! Forget Global Warming!

hesperides said:
If you ever come here around again, I´ll be happy to meet you as I´m leaving near Las Canteras Beach. I´ve noticed in your site (did´nt find your phone number or personal e-mail so as to avoid interrupting this thread and still have´nt 50 posts that would allow me contacting you by e-mail) you´ll come over here again in June and if you wish so and find some free time, then let me know. Hope you have adjusted yourself again to the low temperature!

Hesperides, we strongly advise against contacting other forum members privately. We have learned time and time again that all it does is put both members in danger of energetic feeding, manipulation and negative feedback loops. Please understand how serious this danger is and that reaching 50 posts does not mean that you can email other members.

Up here in the Northern Territories (Australia) it's business as usual ... hot and humid, and the odd thunderstorm/ cyclone with heavy rains.
Nothing out of the ordinary so far ...
Wouldn't mind some more cooling here ... or some SNOW???? :lol:

Oh, by the way, there's a funny thing in the french media. A brand new expression was born yesterday, it's "le froid ressenti" (felt cold, in english ?). They are basically saying that it's not THAT cold, but because of the wind and the dry air, it FELT cold. That's brilliant.

Hmm, I normally find it really does feel colder when the air is moist and windy, because it penetrates the clothes and skin more, whereas dry air does not.
Here in Bavaria it is -12°C, but sunny and dry, so with the right clothing, it is a wonderful day!

Here in central Switzerland it's also -12C, and quite a bit of snow yesterday. I agree the wind makes it feel a lot colder.

Here in Sydney it has been an unusually cool wet summer, barely reached 30C, and hardly had to go out to water the garden at all. These last 3 days have rained non stop with temperatures around 23C max. It's starting to feel like a good English summer :lol:

Bo said:
In the Netherlands it´s also VERY cold, it´s - 8 degrees where I live and in the northern area of Holland a temperature of - 22 has been recorded. One of the the coldest days/week of the century.

It started snowing today! It's about -1 now, and we're expecting 5-10 cm of snow in the southwest.

In Sweden, the winter has been mild, and where I live it's gone back and forth between periods of snowing and milder sub-zero degrees, and periods of fairly warm (for the season) temperatures where it all melted away again.

In recent days, it's felt as if the winter just got to a belated start, with more snow and temperatures going down to around -10 C. (of course, it can get much colder further north, now generally -20 C to -30 C, and in a few places around - 40 C)

Here in Rijeka, starting from this week it is very cold, the coldest winter that I've experienced so far- and it's constantly blowing, the air is moist & windy, so it's really chilly and uncomfortable to be outside, mostly because the wind is freezing to the bone.
It was - 6 °C in the morning and all throughout this day. The local meteorologists are announcing even colder temperatures for this weekend, not pleasant at all!

Yes, it is supposed to get colder here and snow again on Sunday. I swear, I've never seen a cold like this that just creeps in and starts freezing everything and doesn't relent over such a period of time... just getting colder and colder.

3rd day of snowing non-stop in Italy. I think it's about half a meter by now here on the hillside. Temperature is now -3.5 °C, and dropping by till Tuesday, according to the forecasts.

It's Candelora's days anyway :) the coldest days of the year. I've experienced a power outage on the first day, a couple hours, then the Internet connection went off for 8 hours. Now it's all back to normal.

Laura said:
Yes, it is supposed to get colder here and snow again on Sunday. I swear, I've never seen a cold like this that just creeps in and starts freezing everything and doesn't relent over such a period of time... just getting colder and colder.

Yeah, parts of the canal were frozen this morning. It was -6 with a windchill of -14 C. Brrrrrr!

Laura said:

Creepy how this cold moves. Opened the window to let in fresh air, couple of minutes later the room felt changed into a refrigerator-van.

Coming close to the daily 300grams of fat i noticed by the second round of walk against icy wind that i got used to it strangely. This is a new sensation, as if filled with anti-freeze. In such cold outside years ago, on the old carbs-based diet my face felt like literally freezing off.

Back
Top Bottom