The Ice Age Cometh! Forget Global Warming!

Two to three meters (7-11 feet) of snow overnight in Iceland!
Thousands of sheep (13,000) buried alive in snowdrifts.....

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/251314-Ice-Age-Cometh-Winter-in-September-as-thousands-of-sheep-trapped-in-unprecedented-Iceland-snowdrifts

I should mention that the acorns are falling early here in southern France, many of them falling while still green.

Where Did Autumn Go? Sudden Temperature Predictions Leave Some Scratching Their Heads

Larissa Brown
Dailymail.co.uk
Fri, 21 Sep 2012 13:06 CDT
http://www.sott.net/articles/show/251509-Where-Did-Autumn-Go-Sudden-Temperature-Predictions-Leave-Some-Scratching-Their-Heads

Britons can wave goodbye to the autumn as swathes of the country are set to be hit with freezing cold temperatures, frost and gale-force winds in an abrupt end to the balmy season.

Heavy rain and winds as strong as 50mph are expected to put a dampener on any weekend plans with some places seeing temperatures drop below freezing.

As the weather appears to skip a season, some parts of the country will feel frost tomorrow morning and gritters are already in place in preparation for winter.

Motorists were greeted with the bleak sign that winter is on its way in County Durham, with gritters already patrolling the streets for signs of frost yesterday.

The gritters signal fears that the cold weather is heading south from Scotland, where gritter crews in Aberdeen were spotted training earlier this month for an onset of wintery weather.

Council chiefs eager to make sure the town is fully prepared for any unexpected snow falls in the run up to Christmas are making sure workers know how to operate the machinery.

The Met Office said over the next month particularly unsettled weather is to be expected across the UK, with heavy rainfall and blustery winds.

Those in the north and south of England will feel the temperature drop to freezing tonight, with those in Scotland experiencing temperatures below zero.

Tomorrow will be a dry day, with some sunny spells but a fair amount of cloud.

Dan Williams, a spokesman for the Met Office said: 'Temperatures in Scotland could drop to -2 to -5 and people could wake up to see some frost tomorrow morning.'

'Temperatures will take a little while to get going but towards the afternoon on Saturday will eventually peak at around 16 degrees.'

Heavy rain is expected to fall in the south of England of Sunday.

Mr Williams added: 'On Sunday an area of low pressure will move up over the south of the UK, bringing with it some strong winds and fairly heavy rain.

'Areas in southern England, Wales and East Anglia could see heavy rain of 20 to 40mm in some places.

'Places along the coast could see gale-force winds with gusts up to 50mph.'

There is a weather warning out for rainfall across southern England on Sunday.

And the weather isn't set to get better with showers and winds predicted for next week. Though there will be some sunny spells intermittently.

the acorns are falling early here in southern France, many of them falling while still green.

a farmer friend said that all signs point to an early and hard winter here as well.

Here in southern England temperatures have reduced considerably going down to the 10-15C range in the last few weeks. However, it's not as bad as the article portrays it to be, mainly because it focuses on Scotland and northern England which are more affected by sudden drops in temperature.

A couple of days ago it was between 6 and 8 C early in the morning. Rather chilly for mid-September.

Laura said:
A couple of days ago it was between 6 and 8 C early in the morning. Rather chilly for mid-September.

Same here. It's 9am and 7 C here in London right now. The heating where I work turned itself on yesterday due to the cold.

Laura said:

Yes that's definitely cold for a mid-September morning. I've had 8C too earlier today. I wonder if we're going to see Iceland's 'September winter' hitting northern Europe during the next month.

the temperatures here in south west germany are also pretty cold for mid september especially at night.
it scratches the 0 C° in the night now.

the whole summer here was strangly cold when the sun wasn't shining (with a few days exeption where the temperatures were actually like it is supposed to in the summer, but I think I can count those days with one hand or two at most). the temperatures at night were about 10°C in the summer sometimes even lower than that!

We have been spared extreme weather here in the US Pacific Northwest this year, for the most part. The winter was fairly mild with only a few days of light snow in the valleys, though the mountains got more than average. It was a wet winter, however, and this spring was even wetter, though it didn't come all at once and cause floods. The summer was cooler than normal, even as the rest of the country suffered from extreme heat and drought. There were only a few days in the mid to high 90s F, and lately temperatures haven't gone above the mid 80s F and have started declining. Today's high will be 68F and the next few days' highs will be in the low 70s F, so we aren't seeing a sudden plunge in temperatures like seems to be happening over in the UK and Europe. There have been some forest fires though, more than normal, but these have been ascribed to lightning storms, rather than any fireball impacts, although of course we can't be sure of that. Maybe we're just lucky, or it's not our turn yet. The Japanese current must be holding up, keeping the jet stream routed north, and if it holds for months then we might escape without a harsh, cold winter.

On the other hand, Fukushima is only 7,000 miles away, and its radiation plume and the tsunami debis are headed this way. We are taking potassium iodide here, and probably ought to be doing more to chelate cesium and strontium, and so on.

Laura said:

Yes!

Here too in Québec we have just went through a completely drastic change in t­­emperature.

We went from burning temperatures suddenly to very cold ones, especially at night. We've already had some nights where the temperature went down below freezing. It has happened in the past but not as often and not that drastically.

Yesterday, there was also a snowfall in Ontario. Very unusual for mid-september indeed. The trend was that in the past years/decade, winter would always be late but this year, so far, it's the opposite that seems to be happening.

Seems like we're possible not too far from a glacial rebound if you ask me. I wonder how the 'anthropogenic global warming crew' will explain this one. They will probably say it's a concequence of the AGW which perturbates the heat distribution mechanisms (air/water currents for instance) and yada yada yada.

Just like some of them say the current accute geological/volcanic activity is solely the result of ice/weight loss at north pole which has an impact on tectonic plates (this one is quite rediculous if you aks me).

Has any observations in regards to the earth's axis have shown a change so far (even if very small)?

In BC we have had a run under a high pressure ridge of warm air for September. Temps range to the upper twenties Celsius. September 10th there was a storm overnight leaving the SE mountains tops in snow. Since, it has been very warm, the snow melted on the south aspects and there have been only a few minor frosts overnight, nothing substantial. At one lake this past week it was noted that it was a good two feet over normal for this time of year - water tables are up due likely to the June/July rain events. A few fires happened in Aug/Sept (Peachland due to possible comet fragments) with dry surface fuels, yet the drought codes are low and thus the intensity of fire (notwithstanding wind affects) is diminished.

COLDEST WINTER IN 100 YEARS ON WAY

BRITAIN will grind to a halt within weeks as the most savage freeze for a century begins.

Temperatures will fall as low as minus 20C in rural areas, forecasters warned last night, while heavy snow and “potentially dangerous” blizzards will close roads and cripple rail networks.

James Madden, forecaster for Exacta Weather, said: “We are looking at some of the coldest and snowiest conditions in at least 100 years. This is most likely to occur in the December to January period with the potential for widespread major snowfall across the country.

“Parts of the North, Scotland and eastern England are likely to experience a run of well below average temperatures, which will include some potentially dangerous blizzard conditions at times.”

He warned the South faces a bout of “unusually heavy snowfall” in December.

Leon Brown, meteorologist for The Weather Channel, said snow could arrive within days.

Jonathan Powell, of Vantage Weather Services said the worst of the big freeze would hit in January and February when winter delivers a vicious sting in the tail.

“We are looking at January and early February for winter to really bare its teeth," he said.

"Extreme low temperatures in rural areas, especially in the North where minus 20C is not unlikely, with the possibility of significant snow events.”

Britain’s “roller coaster” November has so far seen freezing temperatures followed by almost spring-like conditions, then heavy rain, flooding and gales. Temperatures rose by 22C in just 24 hours as milder weather triggered heavy rain in Scotland and the North.

Temperatures topped 61F (16C) in England, while parts of Scotland enjoyed their warmest November day since 2001. Just a day earlier Aboyne in Aberdeenshire shivered in minus 6.1C.
_http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/358717/Coldest-winter-in-100-years-on-way

Well we'll just have to wait and see, I suppose. It might be a nice change (?) from all the wet weather and flooding we're experiencing here in the UK at the moment.

Wow! I think it'll be chaos in the UK. Are they kitted out for that kind of weather these days? (Snow ploughs, gravel for the streets and roads, winter tires, etc.)
I think I would start buying in bulk and getting prepared. (Remember when a leaf or two fell on the train tracks? - It was headline news.)
Of course, elderly and other vulnerable people may be very hard-hit if they're unprepared.

cassandra said:
Wow! I think it'll be chaos in the UK. Are they kitted out for that kind of weather these days? (Snow ploughs, gravel for the streets and roads, winter tires, etc.)
I think I would start buying in bulk and getting prepared. (Remember when a leaf or two fell on the train tracks? - It was headline news.)
Of course, elderly and other vulnerable people may be very hard-hit if they're unprepared.

We do have gravel and there might be the odd plough. Can't remember seeing them on the roads though. What has happened in the past is that salt and gravel will last for a few days and then run out. So yes generally not prepared at all for prolonged periods of cold and the effect on the elderly will be particularly hard because of the recent increases in fuel bill costs.

Just brief report from Zagreb - Croatia. Croatian met office officially recognized today's snowfall as biggest in single day since record begins (1895). 38 cm (1,24ft) overnight measured at 7AM in town center. It's not to cold around -3C (26F), but with strong NE winds you've got perfect conditions for snow drifts. Airport is closed, traffic and public transportation system is in chaos! Some mountain places got dumped with more then 50cm (1,64ft) overnight! That's all after last November was pronounced as one of the warmest recorded.

Back
Top Bottom