Trump era: Fascist dawn, or road to liberation?

STRATCOM wishes you 'Happy New Year'!

US Strategic Command boasts about its bombs in disturbing New Year message

B-2 Spirit.png
B-2 Spirit stealth bomber as shown in STRATCOM's New Year video © Twitter / US Strategic Command

The world is ringing-in 2019 with good cheer, but the US Strategic Command (STRATCOM) has a different kind of fireworks in mind. On New Year's Eve, it showed off footage of stealth bombers and big explosions.

STRATCOM’s New Year’s greetings come in the form of a 40-second video of the B-2 Spirit bomber in flight. The aircraft deploys two GBU-57s – huge bunker buster bombs known as Massive Ordnance Penetrators – which hit a target on the testing grounds.

“Times Square tradition rings in the New Year by dropping the big ball… if ever needed, we are #ready to drop something much, much bigger,” STRATCOM tweeted, referring to the traditional celebration in New York City and it’s dropping crystal ball.

Deleted.png
Now-deleted video message from US Strategic Command © Twitter / STRATCOM

The bizarre message got almost 2,000 likes and close to 1,000 retweets before it was removed. Just as many people replied – and most of them were not happy, to put it mildly.

Oh, I managed to grab the whole Stratcom video pic.twitter.com/q3xVsuwtQ7
— Dylan Reeve (@DylanReeve) December 31, 2018

“Delete this” was a running theme, while some of the current and former military reacted with “Whiskey Tango Foxtrot,”which should be read as an acronym.

This is not funny or cool or inspiring or anything. Just poor taste,” said one commenter, who said his father flew B-52 bombers back in the 1960s.

Maybe a little more ‘Happy New Year!’ and a little less ‘Watch our powerful bombs of mass destruction’,” another commenter suggested.

There were also the inevitable memes inspired by the cult movie ‘Dr. Strangelove,’ that seemed apropos.

Someone even wondered whether STRATCOM was being racist, not understanding that “Whiteman” is a reference to the Air Force base in central Missouri, home of the B-2.

STRATCOM eventually deleted the tweet and offered an apology, saying it was "in poor taste and does not reflect our values."

Only 21 units of the ambitious Cold War stealth bomber were ever built, at astronomical costs, and fewer than a dozen are currently fit to fly, according to multiple reports.

US military tweets, deletes New Year's Eve message about dropping bombs (video)

US Strategic Command, the unified military force that controls the launch of nuclear weapons, tweeted an unusual New Year's Eve message on Monday featuring B-2 bombers dropping 30,000-pound conventional weapons at a test range.

"#TimesSquare tradition rings in the #NewYear by dropping the big ball...if ever needed, we are #ready to drop something much, much bigger," the tweet from US Strategic Command's official account said.

The post, later deleted, included a sizzle reel initially released earlier this year, showing a B-2 bomber dropping "a pair of conventional Massive Ordnance Penetrators (MOP) at a test range," the Pentagon said.

#TimesSquare tradition rings in the #NewYear by dropping the big ball...if ever needed, we are #ready to drop something much, much bigger.​
— US Strategic Command (@US_Stratcom) December 31, 2018

While the bombs depicted in the video -- known as "bunker busters" -- are conventional, not nuclear, the tweet seems to serve as a reminder to the rest of the world that the US military maintains the largest and most capable weapons in the world.

A Strategic Command spokesperson, Navy Capt. Brook Dewalt, told CNN that the post is "part of our recap of command priorities" and is all about reassuring the American people that the US military is ready at all times, even on New Year's Eve.

Later Monday, Strategic Command tweeted: "Our previous NYE tweet was in poor taste & does not reflect our values. We apologize. We are dedicated to the security of America & allies."

"I think it's very tacky," Arizona Democratic Rep. Ruben Gallego, a member of the House Armed Services Committee, told CNN. "We don't need to be acting this way."

STRATCOM wishes you 'Happy New Year'!

Stormrider beat me to it. The mask is definitely slipping.

"US Strategic Command (or “Stratcom” if you’re trying to make a nuclear-capable arm of the US Defense Department sound cool) has issued an apology for a poorly received New Year’s Eve tweet which has since been deleted.
“#TimesSquare tradition rings in the #NewYear by dropping the big ball…if ever needed, we are #ready to drop something much, much bigger,” the offending tweet read, with an attached video featuring B-2 stealth bombers flying all stealth bombery and causing gigantic explosions with bunker buster bombs while words like “STEALTH”, “READY”, and “LETHAL” flashed across the screen. The tweet concluded with the ostensibly unironic hashtag “#PeaceIsOurProfession”.
“Our previous NYE tweet was in poor taste & does not reflect our values,” Strategic Command tweeted. “We apologize. We are dedicated to the security of America & allies.”

I think it exactly reflects your 'values.'

Some "heads" need to roll - on this one!!!

The time-stamp on that message and video was at 2:10 PM - Dec. 31, 2018.
The apology only appeared at 6:26 PM - Dec. 31, 2018 ... 4 hours later!

STRATCOM is tasked with protecting the United States. I pray, in an event of an attack - it doesn't take them 4 hrs. to respond?

This stupid stunt - put all our Military forces overseas - in harms way. Stupid!

Last edited:
Has anybody considered that maybe this tweet was a coded message to those tagged in the post?

Edit: and I mean that in the sense, has anyone seen coverage of this taking that angle?

Just like C's said, the postining for domination via a Coup d'état!

Meanwhile the Democratic majorities drag on with governmental shut down, which limits the information and processes with Gov. sites, such the borderlands.

Lapse in Federal Funding Impact on CBP Website Operations Notice
NOTICE: Due to the lapse in federal funding, this website will not be actively managed. This website was last updated on December 21, 2018 and will not be updated until after funding is enacted. As such, information on this website may not be up to date. Transactions submitted via this website might not be processed and we will not be able to respond to inquiries until after appropriations are enacted.

Last report:
News from CBP

December 21, 2018 | Local Media Release
Dulles CBP Seizes Nearly $57k in Unreported Currency from Benin Travelers

Border Patrol Arrests MS-13 Gang Member

Baltimore CBP Arrests Virginia Man on a Multiple-Felony Warrant

I have to admit, that Trump is a pretty good political player. With his recent national speech he has 'bypassed' the media, speaking directly to the masses. Sure, his speech is manipulative, in the sense that he appeals to emotions (examples of tragedies etc.), but that's the name of the game. He's using the weapons of a good salesman. With the speech he forced the Democratic leaders to make a predictable counter move by Schumer and Pelosi addressing the people...and at the same time exposing themselves as the hypocritical liars they are. Their speech was a complete disaster, I think, and I hope the American people can see through their lies.

Here's a great analysis by Bombard's Body Talk, explaining things better than I could. I don't agree with her analysis of Trump having a post-nasal drip, and thus breathing deeply through his nose. I think he did that to keep composure and to stay focused.

With the speech he forced the Democratic leaders to make a predictable counter move by Schumer and Pelosi addressing the people...and at the same time exposing themselves as the hypocritical liars they are. Their speech was a complete disaster, I think, and I hope the American people can see through their lies.

Yeah, the Dems are completely in react mode against Trump. They have no plan, they have no connection to the American people and all they do is try to whip up dissent and signal their nonexistent virtues to the radical leftists. Meanwhile they are in bed with corporations just like Republicans are and care nothing of the suffering of the lower class.

The bizarre thing is that Pelosi and Schumer really, really do not realize how they come across. And what is also bizarre is that a handful of lefties - vocal ones - pretend not to see it.

The bizarre thing is that Pelosi and Schumer really, really do not realize how they come across. And what is also bizarre is that a handful of lefties - vocal ones - pretend not to see it.

Yeah, I'm sure those two believe they did a fantastic job! Their 'rebuttal' seems so bad, that it makes you think that it is that by design...are they acting like idiots for some reason, or are they actually that dumb?

I just did a search on Twitter, using the hashtag #TrumpAddress (which seems to be trending somewhat), and tweets that have most retweets are actually those that support Trump and point out the idiocy of Schumer and Pelosi. If you switch the Twitter filtering to 'Latest', you'll see that there are many, if not mostly, anti-Trump tweets dropping in all the time (automated?), but those hardly get any retweets. So, based on this, many are not fooled by the Democrats manipulation.

I just did a search on Twitter, using the hashtag #TrumpAddress (which seems to be trending somewhat), and tweets that have most retweets are actually those that support Trump and point out the idiocy of Schumer and Pelosi. If you switch the Twitter filtering to 'Latest', you'll see that there are many, if not mostly, anti-Trump tweets dropping in all the time (automated?), but those hardly get any retweets. So, based on this, many are not fooled by the Democrats manipulation.

Had a look at the Pelosi/Schumer farce - Jesus! Funny thing, I watched the version on the CNN YouTube channel, and ALL comments were pro-Trump, or at least making fun of these two idiots. Quite telling. There really seems to be some kind of brain-detoriation going on with the libtards.

Last edited:
I have to admit, that Trump is a pretty good political player. With his recent national speech he has 'bypassed' the media, speaking directly to the masses. Sure, his speech is manipulative, in the sense that he appeals to emotions (examples of tragedies etc.), but that's the name of the game. He's using the weapons of a good salesman. With the speech he forced the Democratic leaders to make a predictable counter move by Schumer and Pelosi addressing the people...and at the same time exposing themselves as the hypocritical liars they are. Their speech was a complete disaster, I think, and I hope the American people can see through their lies.

I had similar thoughts. He is playing 'Art of the Deal' with the government shut-down, but of course the democrats are not going to give in just like that, cause they think that the more the shut-down lasts, the more people will hate Trump. So Trump addresses the people, and contrary to his habit of making outrageous or clownish claims and sparking scandal, he instead chose his words very carefully and sounded quite reasonable (and I'm not even American!) He mentioned that it is not about hating outsiders, but loving those inside - and which patriot could disagree with that? That legal immigrants are welcome, but illegal ones bring trouble, particularly to American black and Hispanic minorities! - contradicting the racist accusations against him. He spoke of common sense, treating illegals humanely, and above all he stressed the emotional part regarding American people being affected by criminal gangs, drugs and the stress on jobs and the economy, etc, that are enabled by illegal immigration. Hard to argue with that!

I just watched Schumer and Pelosi, and like you guys say, they are totally reacting, they sound fake and hypocritical. Trump is dominating this game, and in the end it is the democrat's image that will end much more damaged. He comes across as the guy who 'will do what it takes to protect the country', while the other two can't even get their arguments straight. They start by saying that Trump is promoting fear, then go on to say that actually, both parties want greater border security, but the how (the wall) is in dispute, and Trump is holding hostage the government with the shut-down. If it's just a matter of the 'how', then the viewer may wonder if the dems aren't just as guilty of holding the government hostage! One wonders also what sort of techniques the dems have in mind that haven't been tried in the past, so overall Trump sounds much more solid.

The way things are going, he'll get his wall - and a second term!

A little clarity on Trump's apparent 'obsession' with a wall.

In 2006 the 'Secure Fence Act' allocated $50 billion to build 652 miles of additional border fencing. President Bush at the time said:

"This bill will help protect the American people. This bill will make our borders more secure. It is an important step toward immigration reform."

Both Obama and Hillary (and many other Democracts) voted in favor.

By May 2011, DHS reported completing 649 miles of fencing (99.5% of the 652 miles planned). The barrier was made up of 299 miles of vehicle barriers and 350 miles of pedestrian fence.[6] The fencing includes a steel fence (varying in height between 18 and 26 feet). In addition to the 654 miles of primary fencing, Customs and Border Protection has also deployed additional layers of pedestrian fencing behind the primary border fencing, including 37 miles of secondary fencing and 14 miles of tertiary fencing.

A 2017 Government Accountability Office report, citing U.S. Customs and Border Protection data, found that from fiscal year 2010 through fiscal year 2015, the U.S.-Mexico border fence had been breached 9,287 times, at an average cost of $784 per breach to repair.

The fence is routinely climbed or otherwise circumvented. The GAO reported in 2017 that both pedestrian and vehicle barriers have been defeated by various methods, including using ramps to drive vehicles "up and over" vehicle fencing in the sector; scaling, jumping over, or breaching pedestrian fencing; burrowing or tunneling underground; and even using small aircraft. New York Times op-ed writer Lawrence Downes wrote in 2013: "A climber with a rope can hop it in less than half a minute. ... Smugglers with jackhammers tunnel under it. They throw drugs and rocks over it. The fence is breached not just by sunlight and shadows, but also the hooded gaze of drug-cartel lookouts, and by bullets. Border agents describe their job as an unending battle of wits, a cat-mouse game with the constant threat of violence.

So regardless of whether or not you agree with Trump, if you agree that some kind of border control is necessary in the USA, you'll have to accept the fact that a bipartisan attempt to install secure border fencing at a cost of $50 billion has not worked to secure the border.
And that's the reason Trump is talking about a wall. Doesn't seem so crazy, again, assuming you think there should be effective border control.

Back
Top Bottom