Trump era: Fascist dawn, or road to liberation?

This wall has been a fiasco since its inception. And in my IMHO, the walls failures are by design, as an open corridor for the cartels, and cheap labor. Credit NAFTA, a Bush Sr. theology.

MSM
Steel prototype for border wall cut through with saw, photo shows
Jan. 10, 2019, 1:54 PM GMT+1 Snip: 5-6 minutes
Jacob SoboroffJacob Soboroff is a correspondent at MSNBC.
5ddb44e6893cb9685503e95e667aafb6.png

NBC News obtained a photo showing results of a test on a steel wall prototype.
President Donald Trump has repeatedly advocated for a steel slat design for his border wall, which he described as "absolutely critical to border security" in his Oval Office address to the nation Tuesday. But Department of Homeland Security testing of a steel slat prototype proved it could be cut through with a saw, according to a report by DHS.

A photo exclusively obtained by NBC News shows the results of the test after military and Border Patrol personnel were instructed to attempt to destroy the barriers with common tools.

The Trump administration directed the construction of eight steel and concrete prototype walls that were built in Otay Mesa, California, just across the border from Tijuana, Mexico. Trump inspected the prototypes in March 2018. He has now settled on a steel slat, or steel bollard, design for the proposed border barrier additions. Steel bollard fencing has been used under previous administrations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ratlines, the false narrative of Russian collusion, smearing Trump, and Putin. And the cover, and lies Via the NYT's. Connecting the dots.

Julia Davis, M.S.— Investigative Journalist, bylines in @WashingtonPost, @TheDailyBeast. Russian Media Analyst, featured expert @AtlanticCouncil @DisinfoPortal.

Trump Response To The New York Times New Russian Narrative - The Comey Spin
Jan 12, 2019 / 14:01

16 Jul 2018

Day 101.3 The Cabal Who Set Up Mike Flynn - Joe Schmitz, Leidos, and Blackwater
Published on Jan 13, 2019 / 4:34
http://www.sands-llp.com/ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukhoi

Related
http://theduran.com/the-secret-logi...ep-state/?mc_cid=f3012de334&mc_eid=99104eff1e

So I wounder what vacationing DNC'ers bring back besides memory's. Just sayin!

And, an interesting tidbit!

Cocaine Seizures Surge Shows Puerto Rico's Trafficking Importance
May 30, 2014
Snip: 3 minutes Read Map:

b7c7b48742f8d58ce4bcac3e4496d4d7.png

Maritime antinarcotics authorities have seized over 17 tons of cocaine around Puerto Rico so far this year, a huge increase on past years indicative of the growing popularity of this US territory for traffickers amid a resurgence in the Caribbean drug route.

Operation Caribbean Guard, a task force made up of the US Coast Guard and federal and local security forces, has seized 17.5 tons of cocaine so far in 2014. In comparison, the same force seized just 5.8 tons in all of 2011, reported the New York Times.

The size of the loads authorities are seizing in Puerto Rican territory have also increased, with consignments now often over a ton, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) officials told the newspaper. They said this was illustrative of the confidence traffickers have that the loads will make it through undetected.

Most of the drugs moving into Puerto Rico arrive by go-fast boats, which are dispatched from Colombia and Venezuela and head either first to the Dominican Republic or directly to Puerto Rico.

Once in the country, the shipments are broken down and transported to the mainland United States through airports, seaports and by mail.

This is a bit long, but worth a listen. It's going to be interesting to see how the DNC, spins this truth, with more lies.

Mueller Will NOT Charge Collusion Says ABC News
Published on Jan 15, 2019 / 15:27

Robert David Steele interviewed by TEHRAN TIMES

Steele ran briefly for President of the United States in 2012, accepted as one of three candidates for the Reform Party.
In 2017 he formed an alliance with Dr. Cynthia McKinney to demand election reform in the USA.
Most recently he was recommended as a candidate for Secretary of Defense to replace James Mattis.

Topics discussed:

Russia collusion invented by Dems - Cheney president of Deep State - Trump never expected to win - Jared Kushner (coupled with Trump's daughter by Mossad) must go - US bases around the world used for trafficking of drugs, guns, gold, cash and children - most members of Congress have sworn oath of loyalty to Israel -The Red Mafiya.

Read the full interview at: tehrantimes.com

Jared Kushner (coupled with Trump's daughter by Mossad) must go

I think Robert Steele has been on our watch list for credibility but a possible Mossad connection to Chelsea Clinton's husband is something I had not noticed before. Of course Jeffrey Epstein has been mentioned in the "Pizzagate" Explodes thread so he rings a bell.

Q. Some experts believe that the relations of Trump's family members, especially Jared Kushner, with a big multinational Mafia is the origin of such a vast infiltration into different layers of the U.S. political system and information structure.

A. There is some merit to this concern. I believe that Eric and Donald Trump Junior have been unwise in many of their contacts, but have not been traitors. I believe that Jared Kushner is a traitor who is more loyal to the Zionist agenda than to the President or the President’s daughter. I believe that Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell, both known Mossad officers, profiled Ivanka Trump and Chelsea Clinton and then ran Zionist men – Chabad supremacists – in front of them until one clicked for each as a husband, “capturing” the woman for the Zionists. I am told – but have no direct knowledge – that Kushner has also been homosexually compromised by a Zionist sugar-daddy, much as George W. Bush was. The President has a blind spot when it comes to “daddy’s girl.” Were he properly advised, neither Jared Kushner nor Ivanka Trump would be working in the White House. At a minimum the President should order a deep counterintelligence probe using available data from NSA, to examine every email and every call Jared Kushner has made from a year before he met Ivanka to date. I believe such a probe would prove that he is compromised beyond possibility of redemption and should be removed from the US Government’s employment rolls immediately(18).

But, why would you order a "deep counterintelligence probe using available data from NSA" ? Like you can really trust the NSA. :barf:

It does have a PsyOp feel to it to me so I'll "Wait and see". What a mess...:ohboy:

NASA had invited Dmitry Rogozin, Head of Russia's Roscosmos State Space Corporation to the United States. Some US officials and legislators had voiced strong criticism over the planned visit. Due to the flashback, NASA sent notice to Russia that it was delaying
Rogozin visit but were still preparing for a future date.

I think, a lot of our so-called legislators and ego inflated officials "protested' too-much" and have become a bunch of whiners and cry-babies? They need to get out of the "terrible-two's" stage and start acting like adults! Or is the word "a-d-u-l-t" also being scrutinized
because it isn't gender specific? Has anyone noticed - the Government is running smoother - during the shut-down? Imagine that!
Maybe, that's a clue? Instead of everything being "compartmentalized" - maybe a little consolidation is in order, so all non-essential personnel (relatives) can be eliminated. That should clean up some of the clutter - make it "GREEN". (Yeah, I'm a conservative.)

Anyways, Dmitry Rogazin had a very interesting comment concerning the situation:

Jan. 10, 2019 - Roscosmos chief says US visit cancelled because ‘second American civil war’ underway
Roscosmos chief says US visit cancelled because ‘second American civil war’ underway

Head of Russia's Roscosmos State Space Corporation Dmitry Rogozin has said his visit to the United States at NASA’s invitation has been cancelled because the "second American civil war" is underway.

"I think that America is actually engulfed by its second civil war now," Rogozin said in an interview with Rossiya-24 TV channel, commenting on the reasons behind his visit’s cancellation.

According to Rogozin, NASA has fallen victim to a domestic struggle in the country and the entire situation with the sanctions lists is "an outrage." "This is complete international lawlessness and I absolutely don’t care about those motives which guided people in the Obama administration or the current Senate," the Roscosmos chief stressed.

1211713.jpg

Dmitry Rogozin © Vyacheslav Prokofiev/TASS

The National Aeronautics and Space Administration earlier released a statement saying that it had informed the Russian side that it was delaying a planned visit to the US by Rogozin. NASA also said no new date of the visit was set.

NASA Press Secretary Megan Powers said the agency was continuing preparations for Rogozin’s visit to the US despite criticism in Washington. Earlier some US officials and legislators had voiced criticism over the planned visit by the Roscosmos chief to the US.

In October, NASA Director Jim Bridenstine told TASS that he would like Rogozin to come to speak at the Rice University (in Houston, Texas - TASS) during his visit to the US. The Donald Trump Administration made a decision to pause sanctions against the Roscosmos chief in order to let him visit the United States at NASA’s invitation, he noted. Rogozin has been under US sanctions since 2014 in connection with the situation in Ukraine.

The last couple of mornings, I have been listening and viewing some of the major news channels - to see what going for new's these days. To be honest, I haven't learned anything new. Politically, everything is a rehash of all the Washington drama in the last two years ... and Russian "collusion". We're in a 27th day of a partial government shutdown and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is pushing President Trump to postpone his State of the Union address until the government reopens? I did a double-take on that one?
American's would like to hear what their President has to say!

Jan. 17, 2019 - Pelosi asks Trump to delay State of the Union address amid shutdown
Pelosi asks Trump to delay State of the Union address amid shutdown
nancy-pelosi-capitol-hill.jpg

Today, I wrote to @realDonaldTrump recommending that we delay the State of the Union until after government re-opens, as the @SecretService, the lead federal agency for #SOTU security, faces its 26th day without funding. https://goo.gl/22vzKa pic.twitter.com/g3fIlxDbbK
DxCl62QX4AEE7oo.jpg

Jan. 17, 2019 - Pelosi Says She ‘Doesn’t Care’ After DHS Contradicts Claim that SOTU Should be Cancelled
Pelosi Says She ‘Doesn’t Care’ After DHS Contradicts Claim that SOTU Should be Cancelled

Speaker Nancy Pelosi reacted with ambivalence Wednesday night after the Department of Homeland Security contradicted her claim that the upcoming State of the Union address should be cancelled due to security concerns resulting from the ongoing government shutdown.

“I don’t care what they said,” Pelosi told reporters when asked about the secret service’s claim that they cold secure the House chamber for President Trump’s upcoming State of the Union speech.

Secretary of Homeland Security Kirstjen Nielsen pushed back Wednesday afternoon after Pelosi sent a letter to Trump asking him to deliver the State of the Union in writing, or delay it until the record government shutdown is resolved and the requisite agencies are better able to secure the venue.

House Minority Whip Steve Scalise similarly dismissed Pelosi’s security concerns on Wednesday.

“There are no security concerns that have been raised and that has nothing to do with that. Ironically, it seems like she’s only concerned about security when it’s a State of the Union that will expose what this fight is all about,” Scalise told reporters, referencing the government shutdown, then in its 25th day.

Senator John Kennedy (R., La.), a former Democrat, described Pelosi’s letter as “petty” and suggested the move would backfire politically.“I don’t want to see it happen, but as a political matter I strongly encourage her to keep doing it,” Kennedy said. “I think she must think the American people are stupid. It’s petty and most people are going to see that it’s petty. And I strongly encourage her. Politically, it’s great for us,”The president is Constitutionally Required to deliver an annual address on the State of the Union but, up until 1913, it was delivered in writing. Pelosi has the authority to deny Trump an invitation to speak before Congress, but she has stressed that the content of her letter amounted only to a suggestion.

:rotfl: OH, too funny! :lol2:
Jan. 17, 2019 - Trump postpones Pelosi's trip 'due to shutdown' after she called for State of the Union delay

Trump postpones Pelosi's trip 'due to shutdown' after she called for State of the Union delay

Sarah Sanders @PressSec

[URL='https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/1085978219872964608']President @realDonaldTrump’s letter to @SpeakerPelosi concerning her upcoming travelpic.twitter.com/TtBCvwp080

“Obviously, if you would like to make your journey by flying commercial, that would certainly be your prerogative,” Trump noted. “I look forward to seeing you soon and even more forward to watching our open and dangerous Southern Border finally receive the attention, funding and security it so desperately deserves.”

Pelosi spokesman Drew Hammill tweeted the first reaction from the speaker's office, calling the trip a "weekend visit to Afghanistan," while denying that a stop in Egypt was planned. Hammill further explained that the scheduled stop in Belgium was for "pilot rest" while the delegation was scheduled to meet with top NATO commanders and U.S. military leaders.

“The purpose of the trip was to express appreciation and thanks to our men and women in uniform for their service and dedication, and to obtain critical national security and intelligence briefings from those on the front lines,” Hammill said, adding that Trump traveled to Iraq, and New York Republican Rep. Lee Zeldin also led a congressional delegation to Iraq during the shutdown.

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Adam Schiff, a California Democrat who had planned to join Pelosi’s congressional delegation to Afghanistan, says Trump’s decision to derail the trip is “completely inappropriate.”

“We’re not going to allow the President of the United States to tell the Congress it can’t fulfill its oversight responsibilities,
it can’t ensure that our troops have what they need whether our government is open or closed," Schiff told reporters after huddling with Pelosi in the speaker’s office.
(Just another day ... in the Empire :cheer:)
[/URL]

Pelosi asks Trump to delay State of the Union address amid shutdown
Trump postpones Pelosi's trip 'due to shutdown' after she called for State of the Union delay

:rotfl: OH, too funny! :lol2:

Oh brother, the Pelosi to Trump letter, the Trump to Pelosi quenelle response letter :cool2: - with her wings clipped feathers will be flying in the press there is no doubt. :lol:

Oh brother, the Pelosi to Trump letter, the Trump to Pelosi quenelle response letter :cool2: - with her wings clipped feathers will be flying in the press there is no doubt. :lol:

Pelosi probably thought she had it "in the bag" by grounding Trump, instead, he did the un-think-able and "grounded" her! Or maybe,
Trump is "acting like a perfect Gentleman and as her protector from any harm" ...

... God only knows ... what being "high in the air" could do to her mental and emotional health during a total lunar eclipse and supermoon, all wrapped into one? Best - if it's navigated "on the ground"?

Total lunar eclipse meets supermoon Sunday night

This is just world-class. "We will reschedule this seven-day excursion when the Shutdown is over." :lol2:

Just my way of thinking but I think Afghanistan is being used as an excuse or cover (weekend visit) and Belgium/Brussels is the main destination - where NATO has it's headquarters? While Pelosi tried to manipulate a situation that virtually boxed Trump in and held him back from delivering his State of the Union address, a secret meeting was scheduled at NATO headquarters with Top US Military Brass and Israeli Intelligence (Mossad) to give Pelosi and Schiff (House Intelligence Committee Chairman) their marching orders? Netanyahu was the first - to express his opposition - to Trump's declaration of pulling American Troops out of Syria and withdrawing 2000 Troops out of Afghanistan. Reports out of Syria stress - the American's are dragging their feet in deployment. Back in Washington, Trump is being advised (pressured) into reversing his decision. Trump's own Intelligence probably alerted him to this secret meeting and when Pelosi made "her move" - Trump stepped right in with a counter move, effectively putting a wrench into the works? Schiff's statement, “We’re not going to allow the President of the United States to tell the Congress it can’t fulfill its oversight responsibilities," is an open admission on who is really controlling the puppet string in Washington? Congress is fully owned by Israel, as is, Pelosi and Schiff.

Something BIG is up - with NATO? Important enough - that Mattis was determined to attend that meeting in February? A serious danger lies in the fact, the US has pulled out of the INF Treaty and pulling Troops out of Syria wasn't part of the game plan? I suspect, the recent incident in Manbij, Syria that killed 4 American's was a staged provocation, not by ISIS but by American/Israeli Military Intelligence?

January 17, 2019 - US believes Islamic State likely responsible for Manbij blast: sources
U.S. believes Islamic State likely responsible for Manbij blast: sources | Reuters

The U.S. government believes the Islamic State militant group is likely responsible for Wednesday’s attack in northern Syria that killed four Americans, although it has not reached a firm conclusion, two U.S. government sources said on Thursday.

The sources, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the Pentagon and other U.S. agencies were investigating who carried out the attack in Manbij, Syria.

Officials studying the incident are not dismissing Islamic State’s claim of responsibility for the blast, which killed two U.S. troops and two civilians working for the U.S. military, and regard it as plausible if not likely, one of the sources said.

The attack occurred nearly a month after President Donald Trump confounded his own national security team with a surprise decision on Dec. 19 to withdraw all 2,000 U.S. troops from Syria, declaring Islamic State had been defeated there.

The Manbij attack appeared to be the deadliest on U.S. forces in Syria since they deployed on the ground there in 2015 and it took place in a town controlled by a militia allied to U.S.-backed Kurdish forces.

If Islamic State carried out the attack, that would undercut assertions, including by U.S. Vice President Mike Pence several hours after the blast on Wednesday, that the militant group has been defeated.

Experts do not believe Islamic State has been beaten despite its having lost almost all of the territory it held in 2014 and 2015 after seizing parts of Syria and Iraq and declaring a “caliphate.”

While the group’s footprint has shrunk, experts believe it is far from a spent force and can still conduct guerilla-style attacks.
An Islamic State statement on Wednesday said a Syrian suicide bomber had detonated his explosive vest in Manbij.

Trump’s Dec. 19 announcement was one of the reasons his former defense secretary, Jim Mattis, resigned. It stunned allies and raised fears of a long-threatened Turkish military offensive against U.S.-backed Kurdish forces in northern Syria.

How and when U.S. forces leave has deepened uncertainty in northern Syria, with Turkey and Syrian President Bashar al-Assad ready to fill the vacuum.

The U.S.-backed YPG militia that is allied to the fighters holding Manbij last month invited Assad into the area around the town to forestall a potential Turkish assault. Syrian army troops entered the area soon after.

The YPG-led Syrian Democratic Forces vowed on Thursday to ramp up attacks on Islamic State remnants.

January 16, 2019 - Hours after US troops killed in Syria, Pence says Islamic State defeated
Hours after U.S. troops killed in Syria, Pence says Islamic State defeated | Reuters

Pence did not mention the attack in his address to 184 chiefs of U.S. diplomatic missions who gather annually in Washington from around the world to discuss foreign policy strategy.

“The caliphate has crumbled and ISIS has been defeated,” Pence told the U.S. ambassadors and other senior American diplomats, referring to Islamic State.

The Pentagon said two U.S. service members, a Department of Defense civilian employee and one contractor working for the military were killed and three service members were injured in the blast in the northern Syria town of Manbij.

Jan. 16, 2019 - Lavrov vows proper response to NATO activity near Russia's borders
Lavrov vows proper response to NATO activity near Russia's borders

"We will definitely continue to duly react to NATO’s enhanced military activity and the approaching by the military infrastructure of the Russian border," he said.

"We are still interested in the restoration of normal relations with the US and the European Union based on the principles of equality of rights and mutual consideration of interests," the minister added.

Jan. 16, 2019 - Russia keeps door open for talks with US on INF Treaty — deputy foreign minister
Russia keeps door open for talks with US on INF Treaty — deputy foreign minister

The sides have so far failed to agree on another round of consultations.

Russia is ready for new contacts with the United States on the future of the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty, but the US side has so far failed to respond to Moscow’s proposals, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov said on Tuesday.

"We keep the door open for dialogue, we expressed our readiness to continue discussing those issues, but the opposite side has not demonstrated its willingness to pay attention to our concerns or to take into account the additional transparency measures that were being proposed," he told reporters after Russian-US consultations on the issue.

"During those consultations we tried to explain to the US side clearly and in detail that Washington will bear the whole burden of consequences of breaking one of the most important elements in the global arms control framework," Ryabkov said.

The Russian diplomat said the sides have so far failed to agree on another round of consultations.

"We expressed our readiness to continue the dialogue and proposed the date and the venue, but the United States did not confirm it," he said.

"We believe that Washington has apparently passed the point of no return as far as its internal decisions are concerned. However, we believe that we must not wind down our efforts unless we receive the formal notification about the withdrawal from the treaty," Ryabkov went on.

He called upon European countries "to fully realize the dangers of a new spiral in the missile arms race."

Russian-US consultations on the INF Treaty continued more than two hours on Tuesday. The Russian delegation was led by Ryabkov, while the US delegation - by Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security Andrea Thompson.

US President Donald Trump said on October 20, 2018, that Washington would withdraw from the INF Treaty because Russia was violating the terms of the agreement.

Jan. 16, 2019 - Russia to continue efforts to salvage INF accord, vows Lavrov
Russia to continue efforts to salvage INF accord, vows Lavrov

The Russian top diplomat says the INF talks confirm the US policy of undermining strategic stability.

Moscow is ready to further work to rescue the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov stated at his annual conference devoted to the results of 2018.

"We are still ready to work on saving the INF Treaty. I hope those European countries, which are interested in this, maybe more than anyone else, will also make efforts not to fall behind the US position and not to approve obediently statements in NATO, laying all the blame on Russia and ignoring the facts, which we are providing and are ready to provide further, but will still try to exert influence on Washington so that it takes a more responsible position in regard to all members of the international community, first of all Europeans," Lavrov said.

Jan. 11, 2019 - NATO seeks to use INF Treaty issue to distract attention from internal crisis, says Moscow
NATO seeks to use INF Treaty issue to distract attention from internal crisis, says Moscow

NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg’s statements about the Alliance’s readiness to take military measures to resolve the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty (INF Treaty) issue, are baffling and aimed at covering up a crisis within NATO, the Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement on Friday.

"It is nothing new to us that NATO officials are skilled in shifting the blame on to others," the statement reads. "The NATO secretary general’s statements are just another attempt to cite the imaginary Russian threat in order to cover up things that are clear to everyone - a crisis emerged within the Alliance following the United States’ decision to pull out of the [INF] Treaty, which is crucial for European and global security, including the security of Washington’s allies," the Russian Foreign Ministry added.

"Attempts to use the language of ultimatums and talk about ‘one last chance’ for Russia - like Stoltenberg did - run counter to statements, which claim that keeping the Treaty in place is the Alliance’s priority," the statement notes. "On the contrary, such statements impede efforts to resolve the situation through professional dialogue."

The Russian Foreign Ministry pointed out that "it is Russia that has been doing everything possible to make the INF Treaty work." "There is no need to call on Moscow to maintain dialogue on the issue not only with Washington but with NATO as well," the document says. "At the recent meeting of the NATO-Russia Council on October 31, 2018, Russia initiated an exchange of views on the crisis surrounding the INF Treaty. In particular, we once again drew attention to our concerns about the United States’ compliance."

"If NATO is really willing to take ‘military’ measures, it could dismantle the Mk-41 launching systems deployed to Romania in breach of the INF Treaty and included in NATO’s air defenses," the Russian Foreign Ministry stressed.

Stoltenberg said in an interview with the Norwegian News Agency on Thursday that the North Atlantic Alliance was ready to take military measures to resolve the INF Treaty issue though dialogue with Russia still is the preferred option.

January 15, 2019 - Benefiting Israel Tops Congressional Agenda
Benefiting Israel Tops Congressional Agenda

Jewish power is most perniciously evident in U.S. foreign policy, where it has a strangle hold on relations between Washington and the Arab countries of the Middle East. Much of this leverage is derived from the fact that the principal donors to both the Democratic and Republican parties – Haim Saban and Sheldon Adelson-are both Jews having very strong ties to Israel. Saban is an Israeli and Adelson may have Israeli citizenship. With both parties more than willing to act on behalf of Israel, the United States has engaged in a number of wars that serve no national interest and which have, on the contrary, brought with them devastating consequences, including the rise of new terrorist groups.

Former Secretary of State John Kerry had a simple message for President Donald Trump ... “resign”.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 - Kerry to Trump: 'Resign'
Farsnews
13970423000521_Test_PhotoI.jpg

Kerry was speaking on a discussion panel at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, when he was asked what his message to Trump would be, according to CNBC.

Kerry was at first hesitant to answer the question, saying Trump "doesn't take any of this seriously”. “He doesn’t have an ability to have that kind of conversation,” Kerry stated after debating whether to answer or not.

He ultimately responded directly to the question, which prompted laughter and clapping from the audience.

Trump said on Twitter on Tuesday that he would not end the shutdown unless the funding for the wall along the US-Mexican border is approved, blaming the Democrats for the shutdown and accusing them of playing “politics", World News reported.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 - Trump Says Will Stick to Border Wall Demand as US Government Shutdown Crisis Enters Second Month
Farsnews

Leaders in the Senate announced on Tuesday that they had struck an agreement to hold two votes on January 24 in order to end the shutdown stalemate on Capitol Hill.

The first vote will be on Trump's proposals to reopen the federal government and the providing of the $5.7 billion in funding that he wants for the border wall. The second vote will be on extending legal protections to some immigrants for a span of three years.

In a televised speech on Saturday, Trump called on lawmakers to approve the funding for the wall in exchange for temporary protections for young undocumented immigrants brought to the US as children --- known as Dreamers --- and individuals from some Central American and African nations.

Democratic lawmakers have so far rejected the offer and have remained firm in refusing to agree to any new money for the border wall. They have dismissed the proposal as “hostage taking” and a “non-starter”.

The United States has entered the second month of a partial government shutdown on Tuesday over Congress’ failure to approve a budget to fund several federal agencies, with no quick end in sight to the historic crisis weighing on the nation's economy and morale.

The top US diplomat for Europe is resigning after only 16 months on the job in a blow to efforts to steady the Donald Trump administration's shaky ties with European partners amid questions about its commitment to the trans-Atlantic alliance.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 - Top US Diplomat for Europe Resigns
Farsnews
13971103000365_PhotoI.jpg

The State Department said Tuesday that Assistant Secretary of State for Europe and Eurasian Affairs Wess Mitchell will leave his post in mid-February, Daily Sabah reported.

His resignation comes at a time of fractious relations between Washington and European capitals that have been roiled by disagreements over trade, defense spending and the US withdrawal from the Iran nuclear deal. His decision to leave was announced just over a month after Pompeo delivered a speech in Brussels, the home of the European Union, questioning the value of multilateral institutions like the EU and international organizations favored by Europe, including the IMF and World Bank.

Mitchell's portfolio also included Russia and Turkey, countries with which the US has been frequently at odds, as well as Ukraine.

Mitchell took up the job in October 2017 under former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson after 12 years at a think tank focused on Central European issues.

The Chinese Foreign Ministry has protested the publication of the new US National Intelligence Strategy, in which China and Russia are named among the United States' "adversaries".

Wed Jan 23, 2019 - China Urges US to Abandon Cold War Mentality
Farsnews
13970709000316_PhotoI.jpg

"We have taken note of the wording you [the United States] mentioned in the updated version of the US National Intelligence Strategy, which was just published in the United States. The United States has issued a number of such reports, which put forward unfounded accusations against Russia and China", Spokeswoman Hua Chunying said at a briefing, RIA Novosti reported.
She stressed that China firmly adhered to the path of peaceful development and reaffirmed the defence nature of Beijing's military policy.

The spokeswoman called on the United States to abandon the Cold War mentality, make more efforts to strengthen mutual trust between the two countries and maintain international peace and stability.

President Donald Trump said on Wednesday (Jan 23) he plans to deliver the State of the Union address before the US Congress as scheduled on Jan 29 in the House of Representatives' chamber, rejecting House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's request that he delay it.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 - Trump rejects Nancy Pelosi's request to delay State of the Union speech
Nancy Pelosi tells Trump no State of Union speech until shutdown ends
files-us-politics-trump-departs-201853.jpg

Pelosi had earlier asked Trump (above) to consider postponing the address given the partial shutdown of the US government.PHOTO: AFP

In an escalation of rhetoric that essentially dared Pelosi to disinvite him, Trump told her in a letter, which the White House released, that he was "looking forward" to giving the speech, an annual event in American politics.

"It would be so very sad for our Country if the State of the Union were not delivered on time, on schedule, and very importantly, on location!" Trump wrote.

A diplomat said questions about the possibility of a meeting between Russian President Vladimir Putin and his US counterpart Donald Trump, should be addressed to Washington.

Jan. 22, 2019 - Senior Russian diplomat suggests asking Washington whether Putin-Trump summit possible
Senior Russian diplomat suggests asking Washington whether Putin-Trump summit possible
1212809.jpg

White House in Washington © AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais

Questions about the possibility of a meeting between Russian President Vladimir Putin and his US counterpart Donald Trump, should be addressed to Washington, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov told International Affairs magazine. Extracts from the interview were published on the magazine’s website on Tuesday.

"Excuses for explaining why meetings have not taken place are always found easily. You remember the Kerch Strait incident and the statements that were made in that connection and the attempts to put forward preconditions for a full-fledged meeting. All questions on that score should be addressed to Washington. Apparently the US sticks to the previous viewpoint regarding the parameters that might make a contact possible."

"We have a certain schedule of international events in which the Russian president may participate and where the US president’s participation is possible. No more than that. These schedules may be projected against each other and speculations on that score made, but that would be irresponsible. All questions should be addressed to Washington. They are to make up their mind first that this sort of linkage and attempts to dictate conditions are counterproductive," Ryabkov said.

Sanctions are a very serious thing, Peskov stressed.

Jan. 15, 2019 - Kremlin slams allegations of Putin-Trump collusion as conspiracy theory
http://tass.com/politics/1039946
1212242.jpg

© Marina Lystseva/TASS

Russian President Vladimir Putin and US President Donald Trump don’t have any personal deals and all sanctions against Moscow are real and very serious, Kremlin Spokesman Dmitry Peskov said in an interview with Argumenty i Fakty weekly newspaper published on Tuesday.

"This is delving into conspiracy theory, which has nothing to do with reality," Peskov said, commenting on a popular idea in the US that the Russian and US leaders have some personal arrangement and that all sanctions against Moscow are some child’s game that will soon come to an end. "Sanctions are no child’s game, this is a very serious thing," Peskov stressed.

According to the Kremlin spokesman, any threats to impose restrictions on carrying out the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline project "are an explicit attempt to ensure a competitive advantage for US liquefied gas, which is more expensive than Russian (gas)."

I can only imagine if Trump is starting to disengage from reality.

4 minute Read
That’s how Trump senior adviser Kellyanne Conway is described in an upcoming tell-all book by former White House staffer Cliff Sims.

“Team of Vipers: My 500 Extraordinary Days in the Trump White House,” is set to be released on Jan. 29, but Vanity Fair published a sneak-peek excerpt Wednesday, much of it focused on Sims’ interactions with Conway, who has become best known for her tenacious and resolute defense of Trump to the news media.

“Early on she was content — very content — to sit back, go on TV, and let rivals eat one another alive,” Sims wrote. “Her agenda . . . became more and more transparent. Once you figured that out, everything about her seemed so calculated.”

“She seemed to be perennially cloaked in an invisible fur coat, casting an all-knowing smile, as if she’d collected 98 Dalmatians with only 3 more to go.”

Sims also wrote that Conway bad-mouthed Trump‘s top advisers to the press. On one occasion, he said he was drafted to Conway’s office to write a response to claims by MSNBC that she trash-talked Trump in private, and he inadvertently was able to see a number of instant messages between Conway and journalists.

“Over the course of 20 minutes or so, she was having simultaneous conversations with no fewer than a half-dozen reporters, most of them from outlets the White House frequently trashed for publishing ‘fake news,’” he wrote. “Journalists from The New York Times, The Washington Post, CNN, Politico, and Bloomberg were all popping up on the screen. And these weren’t policy conversations, or attempts to fend off attacks on the president. As I sat there trying to type, she bashed Jared Kushner, Reince Priebus, Steve Bannon, and Sean Spicer, all by name.”

Conway denied the account, saying in a statement: “While it’s rare, I prefer to knife people from the front, so they see it coming,” Vanity Fair said.

While Sims was not well known outside the White House, his book is getting some early praise for his observations of how working within the chaotic Trump administration disillusioned a young conservative.

“Some of us will be proud of what we did,” he wrote. “Others will be ashamed and never speak of it again. Some will remember this as the best work we ever did. Others will wish it could all be deleted from the record.”

Meanwhile: in Nevada:

Back
Top Bottom