What are your thoughts on having children?

Well things are looking dicier than ever from where I sit, at least regarding economic and social stability. My wife, partly because of the age we are now, is more interested than ever in having a child. Like me, she has always been somewhat torn between the reasons for and against having children. Unlike me, she doesn't see the current situation as likely to lead to a full scale economic collapse, let alone dramatic Earth Changes and more besides. It's always going to be a difference between us, as far as I can tell. We knew this before we married and I have tried to respect her boundaries without completely concealing the unusual worldview that I hold. In this respect, then, we both had 'fair warning', and still we love each other and have a very strong relationship.

Having said this, I really don't want to hurt her and have stopped short of saying that I absolutely do not want children, but I'm closer than ever to doing that. Currently, we left it at 'we'll talk about this again soon' and I watch carefully the situation on this planet. It isn't going the right way, and I can't be blamed for not wanting to bring a child into that situation knowing what I know. Maybe I'm wrong, and in that case I have no problem with the idea of having children. I actually really like children and I think we would be up to the task, but there's only so much time and energy available and my priorities are fully shifting towards the Work. She will not fully understand that.

The hardest thing is the feeling of guilt that I am going to hurt her and that I might be denying her something she wants. It's a tightrope, as always, these lessons in free will.

Well things are looking dicier than ever from where I sit, at least regarding economic and social stability. My wife, partly because of the age we are now, is more interested than ever in having a child. Like me, she has always been somewhat torn between the reasons for and against having children. Unlike me, she doesn't see the current situation as likely to lead to a full scale economic collapse, let alone dramatic Earth Changes and more besides. It's always going to be a difference between us, as far as I can tell. We knew this before we married and I have tried to respect her boundaries without completely concealing the unusual worldview that I hold. In this respect, then, we both had 'fair warning', and still we love each other and have a very strong relationship.

Having said this, I really don't want to hurt her and have stopped short of saying that I absolutely do not want children, but I'm closer than ever to doing that. Currently, we left it at 'we'll talk about this again soon' and I watch carefully the situation on this planet. It isn't going the right way, and I can't be blamed for not wanting to bring a child into that situation knowing what I know. Maybe I'm wrong, and in that case I have no problem with the idea of having children. I actually really like children and I think we would be up to the task, but there's only so much time and energy available and my priorities are fully shifting towards the Work. She will not fully understand that.

The hardest thing is the feeling of guilt that I am going to hurt her and that I might be denying her something she wants. It's a tightrope, as always, these lessons in free will.
What would you do if it just happened by accident?

I’ve been reading William Baldwin’s book about spirit releasement therapy, and there’s a part where he talks about pre-natal and peri-natal therapy, and the theory that the soul of a child will choose their parents. Apparently sometimes a mother feels the presence of a spirit or a baby for some time before she gets pregnant.

It got me thinking about broodiness. There’s a lot of reasons why men and women feel broody, but if you add to all those the idea that there might be a spirit who would like to be your child hanging around you all the time, it’s probably going to make you want a baby even more.

What would you do if it just happened by accident?

I would resolve to be the best parent I could, and accept that this is to be the next chapter of my life. I suppose I would feel some anxiety over the situation, because that's how I respond to lots of events, but I think I could focus on the positives overall. I don't intend for such a thing to happen by accident, though.

I would resolve to be the best parent I could, and accept that this is to be the next chapter of my life. I suppose I would feel some anxiety over the situation, because that's how I respond to lots of events, but I think I could focus on the positives overall. I don't intend for such a thing to happen by accident, though.
I like your answer. It shows a good future, free from possible resentment and blame for either side.

A very difficult and individual topic. With my ex, that was my ‘formal’ so to say ‘excuse’-not wanting to have children because of the coming Changes/chaos. I really thought that way With Her that time because i simply did not see our future. She was pushing me (as i later understood - the system wanted to anchor me by this-as it would difficult for me to ‘escape’ from toxic and degrading relationship).
As i have mentioned in the related thread (i did not know that i would meet my collinear partner then) - if i meet a right woman, i could change my mind, naturally. As this happened - we did not have that issue, question/dilemma, so to say. It came without any doubts-love, feelings, care, readiness to go through that ‘matrix revolution’-together. More difficult challenge - in the end-doubtless. But worth it, imo🙏😉

All my life I thought that children is not about me...I loved them and they loved me, but I didn’t think it’s good time to have a baby...It changed when I met right man💞 we didn’t plan anything but they appear as a natural as flow of energy goes in the universe...I do believe that we/people don’t plan children but otherwise a soul chooses its parents, time and place to be born so if a child comes to you , just give it love and care and knowledge you have , the rest it have to come through was it’s own choice/way to learn and grow up🙏 Even more, they teach us so many lessons I can’t describe until you have one...I realize what period we live in and have no pink glasses but bring up the children so they could face it all without fear but understanding and courage...of course they take much time and energy but in the end it’s not a problem , you manage to find it all and more, just trust the Cosmic Mind and believe in yourself , everything is possible if we just let it go with no anticipation🙏

Another question, what if, you got pregnant? Would anyone think of getting an abortion?
In my mind I could never do it, but maybe that a narrative for still going through with having a child.

Here we go…. This is hard to even write here for multiple reasons, mainly my lack of participation on this forum for many years as I lost my way in depression and eating disorders and struggled to get out of that funk…. 2021 reignited my drive, I’m in catch up mode. I don’t contribute because I’m so far behind that I have nothing useful to share that hasn’t already been shared and considered.

Times have changed since the question was asked ‘could you have an abortion’ yet that question has become my constant though since the first of January when I took a pregnancy test and it came back positive.
The method we have used to not have more children since our last one (9y/o) failed us.
My repeated message to the universe about not wanting more children failed.

So begs the question, what would you do?
I’m here to gather opinions (I’m well aware of the worldly situation and some of the workings of the human machine)

I am very STS, I’ll be honest, I want to be of service in a meaningful way but it seems more like that’s just a dream I have rather than a reality I want to live out.
Thinking about having another child just totally freaks me out, not so much about the condition of earth because we are all here to learn, grow and experience, I’m worried about myself, if I can cope, w up at I can offer. I’m 43 with 3 kids, 23, 20 and 9 with my partner of 25 years.

I have family support in abundance in whatever I decide, they are good people, but not aware of the world they live in or anything much except common societal knowledge.
So I ask the question here-
Would you have an abortion? Or would you put all your fears aside and give a life a chance and experience knowing full well that all will most likely turn out to be chaos, death and destruction.

My faith is strong, it’s my intuition I have trouble trusting.

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Here we go…. This is hard to even write here for multiple reasons, mainly my lack of participation on this forum for many years as I lost my way in depression and eating disorders and struggled to get out of that funk…. 2021 reignited my drive, I’m in catch up mode. I don’t contribute because I’m so far behind that I have nothing useful to share that hasn’t already been shared and considered.

Times have changed since the question was asked ‘could you have an abortion’ yet that question has become my constant though since the first of January when I took a pregnancy test and it came back positive.
The method we have used to not have more children since our last one (9y/o) failed us.

So begs the question, what would you do?
I’m here to gather opinions (I’m well aware of the worldly situation and some of the workings of the human machine)

I am very STS, I’ll be honest, I want to be of service in a meaningful way but it seems more like that’s just a dream I have rather than a reality I want to live out.
Thinking about having another child just totally freaks me out, not so much about the condition of earth because we are all here to learn, grow and experience, I’m worried about myself, if I can cope, w up at I can offer. I’m 43 with 3 kids, 23, 20 and 9 with my partner of 25 years.

I have family support in abundance in whatever I decide, they are good people, but not aware of the world they live in or anything much except common societal knowledge.
Would you have an abortion? Or would you put all your fears aside and give a life a chance and experience knowing full well that all will most likely turn out to be chaos, death and destruction.

Thank you in advance for any replies.
I can’t edit, meant to say ‘if I can cope, what I can offer’

Oops

Hello Fluffy !
Regarding you situation, any advice (in my opinion) will confirm / or not your bias. And ultimately you are responsible for your decisions; plus as stated in transcripts: "Life is religion". And the universe gave you this opportunity to choose.
In the end there are no mistakes, only lessons!

Now I pose this question (for those willing to ponder it and reply): It is possible to do the work when you have children ?
Even in this circumstances; as for different persons can experience different lessons?
After reading Secret History and The wave series; I decided not to have another child, when m wife found out she felt hurt.
Know I am thinking that I took this decision in fear and my intention is not to live in fear. Sometimes I keep returning to this line of thought.

Also as per last session, during Laura's life (I wish her good health) she will catch the transition:

"Q: (L) Um, can I narrow it down? [laughter] Do I dare? Is it gonna happen, say, like within my lifetime?
A: Yes"

I started to make some approximations, but I realized is just wishful thinking, and the approach "Wait and SEE" makes more sense.
In meantime gather knowledge, improve the health and enjoy the show(last one: easier said than done, it seams for now).

The first question I'd ask myself is: 'if the world was not looking so crazy, how would I feel about having another child?'

Hi Fluffy,

This is hard to even write here for multiple reasons, mainly my lack of participation on this forum for many years as I lost my way in depression and eating disorders and struggled to get out of that funk…. 2021 reignited my drive, I’m in catch up mode. I don’t contribute because I’m so far behind that I have nothing useful to share that hasn’t already been shared and considered.
Sorry to hear about the hard time you've had two years ago.
Your post is already a contribution, as it gives everyone who read it food for thoughts.

May I ask what you chose as a contraceptive method?

So you really didn't want to have another child ?

I think Joe pointed a very good question about it.
As you seem to be realistic about your STS condition, what is the decision that freaks you out the most ? It doesn't look clear.

This is great that you have a great support from your family, does it influence you to go for another child?
Have you experienced any abortion before ?
In any case, this choice is yours, and telling you what I would do in your place would be just influencing.

And what is it that your intuition is saying to you and that you have troubles to trust ?

The first question I'd ask myself is: 'if the world was not looking so crazy, how would I feel about having another child?'
I had a vaccine injury from the booster shot I was bullied into taking when my 9 year old was born, my gut and thyroid were destroyed resulting in post natal depression that went on and on coming in waves of severity until she was 7.
My relationship with my partner spent all of those 7 years on the rocks, we were legally separated under the same roof for several years, my eldest daughter went through some horrible mental health problems of her own (from childhood trauma). It was traumatising for everyone in our home. I tried my hardest to learn and stay on top of it all but I just dissociated and isolated myself from the world.
I definitely have some lasting mental problems, memory function being the most prominent.

So how do I feel?

Terrified of a repeating scenario, though I would never take a vaccine again, post natal depression is still a real concern.

But how do I feel taking that fear out of the equation?

Quite dispassionate really. Like it may be a duty of mine to step up and do everything I can with the knowledge I have to guide a little person to what ‘I think is the truth’ from what I’ve learned… and keep on learning.

I’m not a motherly type mum, the instincts everyone talks about aren’t fully developed or I just do it differently.
I don’t in any way crave or desire to be around young people. I find them difficult. So having a baby would be a tax on me that I’m not sure I’m interested in or capable of. My partner on the other hand is brilliant with small children.

As far as abortion goes, I probably still have some programming from my vegetarian days that makes me abhor killing anything (except mosquitoes) and wanting to terminate for my selfishness is hard to wrap my head around. Everything considered, it does seem like the better option right now.

Back
Top Bottom