Why do we not remember our past lives?

My thing is more from being thrown off of cliffs/high places. My stomach churns. I can’t even watch others. If my wife is taking a photo at a lookout point, I can’t watch. It feels like I am about to be heaved into a certain death.
Heights are my thing too. That first mountain death scene in "Cliffhanger" practically kills me everytime. Unfortunately I still find myself watching it. Not sure why the equipment wasn't checked though???? Naughty Stallone.

Regarding the memory of past lives I think it would be counter productive to our present lives. When we return the slate is clean and we start our learning journey anew. It might make our lives easier but would they be as interesting? I have guessed about a couple of aspects of my previous lives by piecing together one or two things that I have noticed about myself. I certainly would not want to know the complete details however. The pain might be tremendous. I can do without that. Knowing that we may have been responsible for destroying a whole planet during lives in Atlantis would be a huge burden on our present day souls for sure. However, despite all that, a tiny part of me would love to be regressed for a little peek. :cool2:

Good question! I've been making me the same question last 20 years too actually xD, At the moment personally I have not been able to find a precise or correct answer why do we not remember our past lives?, but the C's and Laura have left some clues, for example: In the series of the wave it is mentioned that planet earth is a great school and all are lessons, and then in the session of May 4 1996 C's mentioned this:

A: The body does not matter. It is the soul that either progresses or digresses

(L) Is the knowing the key?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) I think that knowing changes your frequency. Is that true?

A: Yes

So I think some souls come to Earth to be able to anchor a new frequency and decide where to go next, STO or STS. this would be a possible answer or one part of the answer, but not the whole answer ofc hehe

Have you noticed how some people are able to learn a subject / instrument or skill faster than others ? Maybe that knowledge is buried in their subconscious from a previous life already.

Yes I suspect so. The above-average/prodigal abilities of some people to pick up specific skills more quickly can be explained this way (while not denying the importance of right training and hard work).

I think if we were able to directly remember, it would be cheating and there would actually inhibit your chance to learn more refined lessons, so there would be no point in incarnating.
I disagree that it would be cheating as the future in any life would anyways not be known with any certainty even if one knew the past mistakes made in previous lives. It may even be beneficial to see why and in what way karma works by clearly comprehending the chain of cause and effect through our actions and their results/fruits in previous lives.

In fact, the Buddha's enlightenment (or the way he found to end the cycle of rebirth) occurred precisely because he first clearly saw his previous lives on the night of his enlightenment. He saw the chain of cause and effect going back for aeons and aeons, back to universal expansions and contractions and saw the suffering he had been going through in a seemingly endless chain of cause-effect stretching back countless lives.

If you thus learn all the lessons, then yes there would be no point reincarnating which would mean that you move beyond 3D to 5D densities up to higher densities (6D or 7D?). I don't see how that is undesirable since the point is eventually complete lessons and go up, I'm assuming.

There are meditation exercises you can do to access previous lives.

Yes I have heard this being discussed primarily in Yogic/Buddhist settings but haven't found out anything concretely. I think it is something that Ajahn Brahm and a few other Buddhist monks have discussed and see as beneficial to one's growth. Do you know such exercises and have you tried them with any success?

Great question!

Skimming the earlier responses, it's no surprise to see others here agree with my view that it's possible to expand your awareness. The question itself is a good gateway that something may be teasing one from inside or possibly beyond the veil.

Much of the work compiled here is helpful in such expansion through exploration with support through healthy, natural methods.

I'm a fan of Fourth Way and following one's inner guidance through the maze of paths available today.

All the best.

I disagree that it would be cheating as the future in any life would anyways not be known with any certainty even if one knew the past mistakes made in previous lives. It may even be beneficial to see why and in what way karma works by clearly comprehending the chain of cause and effect through our actions and their results/fruits in previous lives.
My guess is that your subconscious memory is objective, whereas conscious memory is not, or is biased. This would be a good question to ask the C's.

Do you know such exercises and have you tried them with any success?
Not me, but my wife uses meditation exercises from Dr. Brian Weiss. These are guided meditations, which I'm not a fan of for a few reasons. Apparently I was a POW in a Nazi camp in WWII and she was forced, as my then wife to watch me being executed.

Last edited:
This would be a good question to ask the C's.
I speculate that today and in the next few centuries there is and has never been any life on Cassiopeia.

I believe the question for C's is a question for our species, but from the future. Except this is a clear curvature of space-time.

Due to the present, we can ask the C's for anything. It was this present that led to a split in time and space.

There is nothing on Cassiopeia at the moment. Cassiopeia is dead.

This transmission is most likely not a transmission of information at a superluminal speed. This is the future that speaks to the present.

Beings of the future, being more conscious, fear not being understood. It's not that easy. They age in space and travel in time. What they say should be seen from this very perspective.

This is my working hypothesis for today. I felt it very much so I shared it.

If you thus learn all the lessons, then yes there would be no point reincarnating which would mean that you move beyond 3D to 5D densities up to higher densities (6D or 7D?). I don't see how that is undesirable since the point is eventually complete lessons and go up, I'm assuming.
I don't know if it would be undesirable, but the question I suppose would be, what if remembering would prevent you from learning?

The way I see it is, if you knew that a surprise party had been planned for your birthday, you'd show up, and go through the motions of the party but your surprise would be spoiled. I think a lot of the knowledge we gather living life and making choices with our previous knowledge or the goal of our circumstances, works in a similar fashion to a surprise event.

If, for instance, part of your life plan was to hurt someone immensely, or be in a life changing accident, would you willingly put yourself through it? and if you would, as a way to get to 6D quicker, wouldn't you be missing the point of learning?

I don't know if it would be undesirable, but the question I suppose would be, what if remembering would prevent you from learning?
I guess it depends on the situation. It may also be that some kind of "vague recollection" of past lives or the time between lives may in some cases be the only way to accomplish our life mission.

Sometimes it happens that common sense prevents us from taking certain actions. We believe that we are doing something that is completely pointless. We only perceive the deep meaning of our actions when we know a little more.

Perhaps while we are in this plane of existence we are disconnected from our ethereal body / mind. When we die and go back to 5D, there we can review and integrate the lessons from the previous life. It's like coming to 3D is only an extension of what/who we really are.

I get a sense that it may work like this : After each incarnation, in 5D your consciousness goes through a process of contemplation and distillation of the previous life experiences, but in an objective way without biases, i.e learning. This becomes ingrained in what becomes the subconscious in the next incarnation, and what manifests as your instincts. Each time the soul becomes more experienced (and maybe polarised), and hopefully wiser.

Eventually the soul will have polarised enough, and learned enough to not need to attend the classroom of 3D and graduate to the next, 4D since all the lessons 3D have been assimilated. Unless it was desired incarnate to teach or help others learn and polarise.

But I think remembering a direct experience, like a traumatic death or injury would include the emotions of fear and horror, which would not be helpful, rather a hinderance.

Last edited:
I get a sense that it may work like this : After each incarnation, in 5D your consciousness goes through a process of contemplation and distillation of the previous life experiences, but in an objective way without biases, i.e learning. This becomes ingrained in what becomes the subconscious in the next incarnation, and what manifests as your instincts. Each time the soul becomes more experienced (and maybe polarised), and hopefully wiser.
But you keep writing about erasing memories all the time. However, what about those who remember something? How to explain it? This memory is almost mental, though not entirely. Nevertheless, it cannot be denied.

But you keep writing about erasing memories all the time. However, what about those who remember something? How to explain it? This memory is almost mental, though not entirely. Nevertheless, it cannot be denied.
I didn't mean erasure, but experiences becoming ingrained as part of the subconscious knowledge. The experiences are accessible, but from explanation (from my Wife) it seems like the memories are sort of disconnected, like you don't have barely any of the emotion attached to the memories.

Leonidas meant, I think, that he hopes Ephialtes lives forever, so that he forever remains a traitor.

So that I live with remorse for eternity. Death would have been the easy way to forget his betrayal.

It is interesting all your observation and what was posted by Mr. Michael B-C. In short, by being aware of our mistakes and their consequences, we would go for the easy lunch and the decisions made would not grant learning. Best example, haven't we wanted to go back to the immediate past and change the mistakes made? "oh my god, I wish I had the knowledge I have now years ago and wouldn't have done what I did or would have taken better advantage of it" etc.

I didn't think so much about that, I was more concerned about why if I am "awake" in this life, surely it is because this is the last one here and it is when we have to make the definitive decisions for a greater purpose.

I guess it depends on the situation. It may also be that some kind of "vague recollection" of past lives or the time between lives may in some cases be the only way to accomplish our life mission.

Sometimes it happens that common sense prevents us from taking certain actions. We believe that we are doing something that is completely pointless. We only perceive the deep meaning of our actions when we know a little more.
Right, sometimes we're driven to make certain choices by something we're unable to explain, some of those choices are safe and wise, some of them are foolish, and that could be a way to enact what we do "remember" from our past lives. Knowledge that becomes part of our character, may be the sign that indicates growth prior to this incarnation.

I didn't mean erasure, but experiences becoming ingrained as part of the subconscious knowledge. The experiences are accessible, but from explanation (from my Wife) it seems like the memories are sort of disconnected, like you don't have barely any of the emotion attached to the memories.
Yes, indeed, these memories do not seem to evoke emotions in general. Emotions are related to what was in this life, but our relationship to other people, to the places we visit, to certain events, can be largely a consequence of our, even unconscious, memories.

At the same time, some people or places trigger memories. I personally happened to remember something that happened thousands of years ago and have an emotional relationship to it, but it was not a permanent relationship. These were certain states of higher attention where I actually felt connected to something hundreds or thousands of years ago.

However, if all these painful memories from other lives were to be with us constantly, our life would be very difficult.

Back
Top Bottom