Iodine and Potassium Iodide

Thank you Joe, for sharing your horror experience. I understand that you contacted Dr. Haskell and thought it would be interesting to hear what Dr. Brownstein would have to say about it. I still have the feeling that he has more experience with iodine/iodide supplementation and as he states in the book, he advises detox with saltwater and Vit C apart from additional minrals/Vitamins.

For me, the video by Dr. Haskell also came across as a little bit of a sales thing. His product Iodoplus does have its flaws as the iodine/iodide(3mg) is combined with 200 mcg og Selenium. I see that as a little dangerous as if someone buys it and want to get more iodine/iodide, they also up the dosis of Selenium which is already pretty much at the max limit.
I emailed that Dr. Haskell guy, and he suggested it was "all likely due to hyperthyroid from over stimulating tsh production". He also said "I remember this happening when a person was on 75mg of iodoplus but it took a month for him to come down so you are lucky with having recovered so quickly."
So somebody took 75 mg of iodoplus, the product that Dr. Haskell sells, which amounts to 25 pills, which means that the person also received a dosis of 25 times 200mcg of Selenium or 5000mcg!!! :scared:

Did such a high dosis of Selenium not ring an alarm bell with Dr. Haskell and did he not consider that the reaction of that person, which it took a month to recover from could be due to a massive overdose of Selenium?

Dr. Haskell in his video attacks the claim about the iodine intake of 12.5 mg saying that there are different types of kelp and then further cites an article in the journal Thyroid Research from 2011, which speculates that the Japanese intake of iodine/iodide is between 1-3mg per day.

Dr. Abraham and Dr. Brownstein have disputed these counter attacks regarding Japanese iodine intake:

http://www.westonaprice.org/modern-diseases/the-great-iodine-debate/ said:
Subsequent counter arguments by Drs Abraham and Brownstein and rebuttals by Dr. Gaby focused on the amount of iodine in the Japanese diet and the safety of ingesting large amounts. An important point made by Abraham and Brownstein is that the requirement for iodine depends on the goitrogen load. Bromine, now very prevelant in the food supply, is a goitrogen, and may increase our need for iodine. They also claim that many of the toxic effects reported in the literature were due to radioactive forms of iodine. Finally, they dispute the assertion that the values of iodine in seaweed consumed by the Japanese were computed in dry weight. “The average daily intake of iodine by mainland Japanese in 1963 was 13.8 mg, based on information supplied by the Japanese Ministry of Health, which used only dry weight in their calculations, confirmed by a phone interview of one of us (GEA) on June 21, 2005, with officials of this organization.”26

So I think it is valid to ask why the report in the journal of Thyroid Research should be taken as a gospel as Dr. Haskell seems to do. Thyroid Research is after all a mainstream site, that thinks that iodine deficiency is pretty much eradicated according to their editor in chief:
_http://www.thyroidresearchjournal.com/ said:
Thyroid Research is developing particularly rapidly. There is an increase in thyroid cancer treatment options, not only surgery and radioactive iodine but also using a new generation of drugs - inhibitors of tyrosine kinases. There has been a rapid development of genetics in relation to both carcinogenesis in the thyroid, and as regards predisposition to autoimmune thyroid diseases. Gradually, in various countries around the world iodine deficiency disorders are becoming rarer; they are eliminated as a result of effective iodine prophylaxis."

Prof. Andrzej Lewinski
Editor-in-Chief
Thyroid Research
President of Polish Thyroid Association
Are the disorders from iodine deficiency really declining around the world or it is just that various thyroid disorders are considered as being genetic or due not to a lack of iodine deficiency. If one does not think that iodine deficiency plays a key role in Hashimoto disease or in Graves disease or even in breast cancers and a host of other diseases, then one can say that all is well in the world and keep promoting thyroid drugs and chemotherapy etc.

Dr. Haskell mentions in the video two cases and they are frankly not convincing as casestudies. The first case is a woman who Dr. Haskell had put on 12.5mg of iodine/iodide and then after 3 months she shows quite elevated levels of TSH. Well, Dr. Brownstein did mention that this would happen and that it would settle down again after 3-6 months. Dr. Haskell instead says that though the woman hadn't developed Hashimoto disease, she was at risk. Ok, big deal, but is there really a big risk if she is supervised by a doctor?

The second case is a 32 year old man who self experimented for two months with 50mg of iodine/iodide and ran into trouble. He suffered loss of weight and an elevated heart rate. Sorry but I find that a week argument for not to take higher dosis of iodine. The reason is that this guy acted without much knowledge, if any. No saltwater, no Vit C, no selenium, no additional support minerals/vitamins. Going blind into something is calling for disaster. One can debunk anything by citing some peoples self-experimentations without knowledge.

I just felt the need to make a couple of comments to the Haskell video, as it irked me when I first saw it. And I do think the dangers can be quite real of having bad experiences due to too much selenium by taking more than 1 pill of Iodoral.

Though I think it is a good idea to be prudent about iodine/iodide intake, I also think it is good not to throw the baby out with the bath water. So gather information, detox with saltwater even before starting and then start slowly and adjust based on body responses. And a thank you to Gaby for posting all this information about iodine, the first page especially of this thread is packed full of interesting studies.

Perceval said:
When trying to describe how I felt, I realised that apart from the horrible anxiety and its physiological effects, the really hard part was not being able to dissociate. I only realised this when I caught myself staring off into space for a few seconds, and also realised how calming that is for the mind (which is probably why we do it), and that I hadn't been able to do it for over 1 week.

I got some blood work done about 1 week after the episode, but there was nothing out of the ordinary except slightly high cortisol and high cholesterol. I had a thyroid scan, again nothing abnormal.

[...]
So that's my iodine horror story.

Hello Joe. This remind me my state years ago. I always attributed this to the MS but when I read you, now I ask myself if it was the iodine I took at the time. The good point of such experience is that you realize you won't die so easly finally :rolleyes: .

Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis: The Iodine-Dopachrome-Glutamate Hypothesis
http://orthomolecular.org/library/jom/1999/articles/1999-v14n03-p128.shtml

As I'm always trying to finish to read the "Autoimmune Diseases / Infection" thread, I only catch up with this one here to say that this is consistent with my own experience about MS. I already described it in this Multiple Sclerosis thread. I used several things but the iodine was an important part. I eat oysters and haddock in large quantity at the time to get the supply.

PERLOU said:
Thank you all for sharing your experiences I've read every day ...
From my side everything is always well without detoxification effect, so I continued warm salt water at sunrise, Vitamins C 1 teaspoon, 1 tablet B3 complex, Selenium 1 tablet and Glycine, 2 teaspoon for my tea sweet at breakfast, I take my Lugol 12%, 5 drops around 10 am and that's all having completed my cure magnesium ...
I eat hunter / gatherer / keto and do not smoke ...

As mentioned several times, you should take the vitamin C in the afternoon well away from the lugols.

I did the muscle testing for the protocol too. The body said no to Iodoral, B2, Zinc picolinate, Jarrow's B-right supplement and the nicotinic acid form of niacin. The rest of the cofactors, NAC and ALA were yes, along with 5 drops of 10% Lugol's. 65mg and 130mg of potassium iodide (IOSTAT) were yes also. I am taking one drop of 10% Lugol's once a day (no potassium iodide) with the cofactors minus the zinc and B2. I'll be taking it slow, too, with a 2 day break once a week.

Joe,

Thanks for sharing your experience. What an awful and scary ordeal. I am really glad you are okay. :hug2:

I haven't had any detoxing reactions but have been feeling it's time to reduce the amount of iodine I've been taking. I took a rest from it yesterday and them took 25 mg this morning (10 Lugol's 2% drops). Just did some testing by putting my supplements wrapped in paper noting inside what each was in various amounts, along with 1, 2, 3 and 4 drops of Lugol's on T paper (great suggestion Laura!!). I'll be reducing to 1 drop tomorrow morning and test next week. Two NAC/ALA caps per day and 3 boron. I still need 3 mineral capsules a day containing 300 mcg selenium. I've been taking Thorne Research Pic Mins for months and noticed great improvements. Firstly the craving for sugar disappeared. I've also noticed the variance in appetite, some days feeling like I have a hollow leg and others not much interested in a lot of food.

I continue to have a LOT more energy than before I started with the iodine. I've had periods in my life of severe fatigue. The KD helped but still sometimes felt that I should not be this worn out for my age.

Perceval, that sounds like a very scary experience for you! So glad you're mending.

Thank you to everyone for all of the contributions to this thread. It's quite amazing.

http://www.naturalendocrinesolutions.com/archives/is-iodine-safe-to-take-in-people-with-hyperthyroidism/

The above web site links to a chiropractor who offers his experience with iodine supplementation. He, himself is hyperthyroid and elected to have radioactive Iodine (eventually).

His article links to some scientific journals which present cases of high iodine intake causing hyperthyroid – this can be temporary, or permanent - in normal thyroid glands, with normal lab tests – in people with benign nodules that become hot with high dose iodine, who were previously asymptomatic. Each case is different.

It has most often became problematic in elderly people taking medications that contain high amounts of iodine (typically in amounts of 45 mg or greater per pill) or the use of radio Iodine lab imaging tests, or just copious amounts of topical Betadine in hospital.

While Dr. Brownstein says most people will escape from the initial increase in TSH that occurs with iodine supplementation and levels will then normalize, by an unknown mechanism, others don’t and an autoimmune response ensues. In all cases of autoimmune response and hyperthyroid, the treatment is to discontinue Iodine supplement and sometimes meds are given to inhibit the thyroid production. Once levels normalize, the med levels are reduced or perhaps, discontinued if possible.

I read a number of forums discussing thyroid disorders. The one thing I concluded, is most of these people did not really improve or escape from their condition under the care of endocrinologists. Many times, a nodule, if left alone, could shrink on its own or not cause problems.... But the doctor wants to remove the entire thyroid gland!! Others who take the medications, just fluctuate all over the place with lab results and spend a lifetime switching drugs and treatment. A real roller coaster.

It seems more than a few chiropractors are running detox clinics to address the general toxicity causing havoc to everyone’s health, including thyroid and iodine protocol. Many offer remote consultations by phone after studying your case and lab results. http://drsladic.com/functional-medicine-health-blog/ This one is in Novi, Michigan. I read a person will likely fare better with remote consult, rather than face to face with a surgeon, happy to use his scalpel.

In Europe, mostly, some hot nodules can be “nuked” with an injection of alcohol. That would most likely be preferable to radioactive iodine or a knife. Yet many complain of neck pain and inflammation – maybe die off symptoms? Still seems better option.

My own spat of tachycardia has subsided. I had an episode of rapid heart beat after 12.5mg/day on day 20. I discontinued all iodine supplementation. On day 6, I took 2.5mg of Lugol’s, and my pulse stayed at 68. Not knowing if I have a nodule, I discontinued all Iodine. I’m now taking Magnesium, a bit of Potassium and trace minerals that include 3mg of Boron. I read that Iodine supplementation will deplete Calcium. While I’ve always avoided taking extra Calcium, it may be needed.

I have had some transient swelling in left side of my neck, but no nodule is palpable. I applied ice, then drank Vit C until my stomach gurgled (4-5 grams). Next morning, it had returned to normal. I have not had a thyroid scan or lab work yet. If as the chiropractors contend, the autoimmune response is from toxins, and you cannot take iodine, then a salt protocol along with Vitamin C is another option. By time, perhaps some Iodine can be resumed to further chelate the crap out of the glandular system. And perhaps pulse dosing is the way to go for some people. Still :lkj: This is definitely not a protocol to do without some lab testing and proper guidance.

I have found that if the muscle test says no to a vitamin pill, it may say yes to a food with a high level of that vitamin or mineral. For example, I tested weak for a B multivitamin but strong to brewer's yeast which has vitamin Bs and other minerals. Same for brazil nuts (I need 3 per day) vs selenium pills.

I have also tested the need to gradually decrease my lugols drops from 15 drops to 3 per day by the end of December. I dont think the higher doses are for long term use, but are great to get the heavy metals, fluoride and bromide out of the system. My testing tells me I have detoxed these nasties by 35 percent in my body. Not sure if that is accurate, but I had a dream the other night where my house was cleaned and removed of clutter...I saw that as a positive symbol of the iodine detox.

I have felt much more energetic and improved libido since being on the iodine, but after the initial dose in the morning I feel a bit 'stoned' as if more toxins ave been released to the bloodstream. The salt water helps alot with this.

Merci Laura pour votre message et à tous pour vos partages...

Laura thank you for your message and for all your shares ...

Since I've read this whole thread and been on Lugol myself for 17 days now, I figured I might as well register and share my experience.

I made a web page where I keep the log daily. You can check it out here: http://mandatory-intellectomy.eu.pn/iodine.htm
I probably won't post much here, but I will try to keep that log up-to-date, so you can recheck there later to see where it's going.

I made the page so that I can show it to random people outside of this forum, so there's some basic information repeated there at the top.
Then there's a list of my health issues, and then the daily progress with Lugol.

So far it's rather boring and uneventful. Some people have mentioned they're having no symptoms on fairly high doses. Well, you're not alone. After 17 days and currently on 44mg, I can't say there's much happening so far. It's been becoming clear lately that everyone is different and the differences aren't small. My guess is that there is a person on this planet somewhere who would instantly die after one drop of Lugol, and that there is another person somewhere who could drink a whole bottle and feel no effects at all.

And that's actually kind of the point of this thread and the reason I'm sharing my part. Every individual account adds to the collective data and paints a clearer picture of what people may experience.

I notice that the main reason why people here have been experiencing problems is clearly because they do NOT read the whole thread before experimenting.
This is about your health. I'm sure it's worth waiting a few days until you read everything before you do something stupid unnecessarily.

Anyway, I will be raising to 50mg in a few days, and on the last week of December I want to do some nuking. I have a whole week off work, and I'm not gonna have another one anytime soon, so this is my only chance. We'll see how it goes.

PS: If you respond with something about a new bee section, you will be stung by a wasp.

As I don't have anyone who can help with muscle testing, I've been carrying on with experimental observation.

RedFox said:
Three patients on thyroid hormone replacement because of Hashimoto's thyroiditis were treated for the fatigue component of the disease from May to July 2011. Fatigue was measured using the Fatigue Severity Scale. Free thiamine in the serum and thiamine pyrophosphate in red cells were tested before and after the therapy. All three patients received oral (600 mg/day) or parenteral (100 mg/ml every four days) doses of thiamine.
RESULTS:

Treatment with thiamine led to partial or complete regression of the fatigue within a few hours or days.
CONCLUSION:

As the administration of thiamine led to a partial or complete regression of the fatigue and related disorders, it is reasonable to infer that the administration of large quantities of thiamine restores thiamine-dependent processes. The mild thiamine deficiency suggested by fatigue and related disorders may be due a dysfunction of the intracellular transport of thiamine or to enzymatic abnormalities most likely related to the autoimmune process of the disease.

I switched from benfotiamine (which was dropping my blood pressure too much) to standard thiamine (vit B1), with some rather interesting results.
The initial boost of energy I got from Lugols has returned (and isn't going away), along with much more stable blood pressure and moods. The positive effect on moods is quite pronounced. It's also got rid of the extra hunger.
100mg of B1 gives me a boost for 5-6 hours.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evolutionary-psychiatry/201204/nutritional-brain-bomb-thiamine-deficiency
Nutritional Brain Bomb: Thiamine Deficiency
Vitamin B1 is essential for proper brain energetics.
Posted Apr 22, 2012
[..]
One of the more dangerous deficiencies to our brains (and one found not uncommonly in alcoholics) is thiamine deficiency (link is external), also known as Wernike's Encephalopathy (and if you are very unlucky, Korsakoff's Psychosis). A new subset of patients aside from chronic alcoholics need to worry about this issue too, as I mentioned in the Chris Kresser Podcast Episode 13 (link is external), there are many case reports in the literature of psychosis (link is external) and weird psychiatric and neurologic syndromes popping up in gastric bypass patients (link is external) several years after the surgery. Copper, iron, and B12 are all problematic for post gastric bypass patients, and so, apparently, is thiamine (vitamin B1). {i.e. people with low stomach acid/digestive problems}

Alcohol interferes with the intestinal absorption of thiamine, so that people who obtain the majority of their calories from alcohol are unlikely to get quite enough thiamine. A "clinical pearl" taught in medical school is to double (in your mind, not in the chart!) the amount of alcohol someone tells you he or she drinks. (Hundreds of honest people now vow to halve the amount of drinking they admit to… then realize in truth they already have been…). I've heard every sort of vast quantity of alcohol use daily from "a quart of Jack" or "a 30-pack of beer" to "17 boilermakers (link is external)" and "whatever I can get my hands on."

Who cares if you don't get enough thiamine? Well, as we know, your brain loves energy (link is external), as do the rest of your nerves. And good old vitamin B1 is a cofactor to a zillion energetic reactions. If you burn glucose, you desperately need your thiamine. To quote my old Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine (link is external), 14th Edition (page 2455):

Thiamine is a cofactor of several enzymes, including transketolase, pyruvate dehydrogenase, and alpha-ketoglutarate dehydrogenase. Thiamine deficiency produces a diffuse decrease in cerebral glucose utilization and results in mitochondrial damage… electron microscopy shows disintegrating mitochondria, chromatin clumping, and swelling of degenerating neurons…consistent with excitotoxicity.

Yikes! Even if the bigger words are mysterious, let me assure you that the picture is very bad. Dying, rotting neurons and a smokey ruin of your precious brain. Certain areas of the brain, such as the mammilary bodies (link is external) and parts of the cerebellum seem particularly vulnerable, as they may have some of the highest glucose utilization in the brain. The heart, being a high energy-using fellow itself, is also vulnerable to thiamine deficiency. Nervous system symptoms from thiamine deficiency is also called "dry beriberi" whereas cardiovascular involvement is known as "wet beriberi (link is external)" or "sailor's asthma."

What are the symptoms? Classically, the clinical triad is paralysis of certain eye movement muscles known as "ophthalmoplegia (link is external)," problems with balance and walking (often a wide-based, shuffling gait) known as "ataxia," and confusion. Only 1/3 of patients will present with all three; most are very disoriented, inattentive, and sometimes agitated. If a profoundly thiamine-deficient patient shows up in the emergency room and is given straight-up D5 IV drip (D stands for dextrose, which is basically glucose), this will confound the problem and worsen the symptoms which can include stupor, coma, and death. (ER docs and nurses really try hard not to kill folks by giving them the standard IV in the emergency room). This fact is why someone with a history of alcoholism will instead be given a "banana bag (link is external)" which contains folate, 100 mg thiamine, magnesium, and a multivitamin solution. This combination makes the bag yellow instead of clear like most IV solutions (thus the name). Acute thiamine deficiency (Wernike's encephalopathy) can be cured with 50mg thiamine a day until normal eating resumes.

Chronic thiamine deficiency is not curable and can result in a particular type of brain syndrome called Korsakoff's psychosis. The afflicted will have poor memory and confabulate (link is external) like crazy: meaning, you ask him a question, and he will not know the answer, but he will make one up!

Well, most of you who are not members of the antique navies of the world and also without a 17 boilermaker a day habit or other genetic deficiencies of the pentose phosphate pathway will never experience such severe thiamine deficiency that you will get such dramatic symptoms.

[..]

While thiamine deficiency was described as "sailor's asthma" in the Navy, this disease was better known in Japan as Kakke and had been described as early as year 808 (1 (link is external)). In the early 20th century, 30 percent of the Japanese population died of the disease. Once thiamine was discovered, mortality dropped to 0.5 per 100 Japanese. The major symptoms were poor reflexes, swelling, low diastolic blood pressure, and tender calf muscles. Cardiovascular symptoms include a weakening and enlargement of the heart, called "cardiomyopathy" which will eventually result in heart failure (and lung symptoms as the circulation backs up in the lungs — thus "sailor's asthma.") Peak deaths, both in adults and infants, occurred between August and September, even more so when humidity was high.

Before thiamine was isolated, it became obvious (from voyages of the Japanese Navy and from birds fed a strict diet of white rice) that polished rice was the major contributor to beriberi, and that adding red beans, dried meat, rice bran, or barley to sailor's rations prevented the disease. It is the original "empty calorie" disease. Thiamine, first isolated in 1926, is now known to have some plentiful sources: meat, wheat germ, liver, organ meats, poultry, eggs, fish, beans, nuts, and whole grains. Cooking and processing depletes the vitamin, but you don't need much — just 0.5mg per 1000 calories consumed.

Like most vitamins, thiamine is taken up into the body and then immediately modified into a number of derivatives. The most famous is thiamine diphosphate (also known as TPP)—this thiamine is the one that plays a part in a bunch of energetic reactions in glucose metabolism. If you want your citric acid cycle (link is external)to run (and believe me, you do), you need thiamine diphosphate. Bodybuilders and BCAA chuggers take note: you also need TPP to decarboxylate the keto acids derived from the branched chain amino acids. You also need TPP in the pentose shunt, which is an important extra-energy and detox pathway. Deficiency of TPP is what eventually shows up as Wernike's encephalopathy and Korsakoff's psychosis among the present day severe alcoholic set.

What is interesting about these old-fashioned deficiency syndromes is that thiamine deficiency today isn't the same thing as beriberi. Just as strict vitamin D deficiency isn't quite the same as rickets. With beriberi, there is a clear relationship between the classic symptoms and the amount of carbohydrates in the diet. With Wernike's we know we can bring it on with a bolus of D5W after someone has been living on booze, but Wernike's is missing many of the essential features of beriberi. The modern form is almost entirely confined to the central nervous system.

Thiamine, with its key role in central nervous system energy production, can give us clues as to the pathology of syndromes such as Alzheimer's Dementia. Folks with AD have normal thiamine levels, but low levels of the metabolically active TPP, suggesting problems with energy regulation. Giving people with AD extra thiamine can sometimes help the symptoms.

In Japan, there has been a long historical interest in thiamine, and they have come up with a number of synthetic thiamine derivatives. One of them, a disulfide derivative called sulbutiamine (link is external), crosses the blood brain barrier more readily than regular thiamine. I don't know much about it, but given the impact of energetics on disorders such as Parkinson's Disease and Alzheimer's, it seems an obvious candidate for further research.

In the mean time, white flour and white rice are fortified to prevent a rather horrible death from subsisting on the raw refined materials. Gives one pause, doesn’t it, about eating them in the first place.

Perceval said:
I did have lots of mercury fillings for most of my life. Thanks for the info!

http://www.drdooley.com/mercury-detoxification.php
the mechanism of mercury toxicity in the adult brain may be related to proteins involved in mercury excretion, including glutathione, glutathione transferase, metallothionine and ApoE. Mercury depletes glutathione, selenium, and ascorbate (vitamin C), as well as inhibiting thiamine (B1) and pyridoxine (B6).

http://mymultiplesclerosis.gr/chelation-and-the-klenner-protocol/
Thiamine, being a main injectable vitamin in the protocol, has been found to play an important role in the confrontation of heavy metals (arsenic, lead, mercury etc). Especially mercury and lead compete with Thiamine absorbing the Sulphur contained in it. Sulphur is known to act as a magnet for heavy metals.

So B1 may be something to try. fwiw

RedFox said:
100mg of B1 gives me a boost for 5-6 hours.

Anecdotally, B1 is used by some students the night before a test in order to do last minute studying. People also use it to repel annoying mosquitoes. Researchers say no way it works, but some people swear by it.

Vitamin B1 as a Mosquito Repellent
_http://www.livestrong.com/article/440865-vitamin-b1-as-a-mosquito-repellent/

Perceval said:
Hi Oxajil, I had those tested and they were all normal. So maybe it was a crazy detox effect. I did have lots of mercury fillings for most of my life. Thanks for the info!

What an ordeal. :( Wish you a speedy and full recovery, Perceval. :flowers: :hug2:

Just a note that personally I also decided to take it slow, with one drop of 2% lugol a day + cofactors, and with couple of days rest in between. This way I almost don't get any reaction. At the beginning I increased it to two drops, and almost instantly got a stiff neck, tiredness, etc. And also a bit of couch. Back then I thought that maybe it was an activation of a virus, so the idea was still to try to nuke it, so I tried once 10 drops, but it just made me incredibly tired, so that was a total failure.

After that I stopped for at least a week and came back to one drop several days and then couple of days off. Don't think I am going to increase the dose any time soon. :) I also had several amalgams that replaced only several months ago, so maybe that's why get such a strong reaction. Better go slowly, then.

Oh, and forgot to add that just like others said, my dreams also became more vivid, or actually I remember them better.

Hi Joe, I'm sorry to hear of your terrible ordeal! And glad to hear your on the mend. I had a reaction to a much lower dose when first taking the Lugols and even that was very hard to tolerate so I can imagine what this was like for you. Hang in there. :hug2:

Way back on this thread "someone" mentioned a old jaw injury being activated after starting the Lugols. For perhaps the last 2 1/2 weeks I've also had something going on with my right jaw joint (TMJ) and this is new for me. It began with popping while chewing and now its a dull ache off and on. Also I notice my teeth feel like they need to be brushed more often as I'm feeling plaque build up which isn't something I've ever noticed before. I wanted to report this symptom and also to acknowledge beherenow concern since they also still have metal fillings like I do. There has been a lot of trauma to my mouth/teeth over the years due too dentistry and I suppose its not surprising that the Lugols would be "addressing" this. I know others here have said also, old issues are surfacing. The cells all over the body are being stimulated so we notice the areas that have damage/trauma perhaps.

beherenow said:
Hi all, Something I'm still not clear on.

Should I not do any iodine ( even low dose ) if i still have metal in my mouth?...and, depending on the answer to the above; Would the pill form be better so as to not cause direct contact and possible leeching of merc into the body? ....or am i completely wrong here and the iodine in the blood stream will detox the merc anyway...( which i guess would answer my first question :huh:...)

I hope the metal does not make it impossible as i currently don't have the resources to have the metal removed.

Please excuse me not recalling who said what in this thread and naming people "someone". Its a long thread and I keep up with it daily but cant go back and search for names and quotes. Thanks

I have been following this thread...but i might have missed a previous answer to this question. Thank you.

Please excuse me calling some people here "someone". Its a long thread and although I'm following it daily I cant remember names of who said what. I cant go back looking for names and specific quotes for the most part. But I've read all thats said and I appreciate your input.

On the idea that it's the diet that makes us more prone to having reactions, I think it's worth factoring in that our bodies natural detox systems probably work a lot better than most others.

So, maybe the detoxing properties of iodine are a lot more pronounced with us and more halides and heavy metals get released into our systems? Or maybe there's less of them in our systems to begin with, and so the iodine saturates our glands faster and the metabolic effects are heightened - like, fast tracked, so to speak.

Just wanted to chime in, I've been supplementing Iodine for some time now.

After trying it I feel more energetic and alive than I have in years.

I supplement it with a liquid multivitamin for the selenium and Vitamin C. I had a detox reaction at the start, as bromide poisoning and acne. This was resolved with increased intake of salt water.

Frankly, the results were amazing in my case in regards to general well being and I'm never going back. I started with a very high dose, upwards of 100 mg. I'm continuing to read various threads and books on the matter and task new applications. I got my results using Lugols, which I've found at low cost where I am.

Just so the rest of you know who are reading this, Iodine seems to have taken me out of a recurring infection and chronic fatigue slump, so although my research is ongoing I couldn't be happier with it so far.

Back
Top Bottom