Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

Yes, I would agree with doing the Pipe Breathing only when it is needed, and also not forgetting about it when it is needed - which reminds me of the statement (from the Cs I think) of "giving everything its due". There were times at work and at home when I did it when it was needed and at other times I forgot about it when I would have needed it.

I think it also is like nourishing your body with the right kinds of food: If you need to eat, you should provide your body with the right kinds of food in that amount as it needs it.

On an additional note, when I did the Prayer of the Soul recently with a certain kind of attention (or the way of directing my attention) - as if coming directly out of me from depth while providing me directly at depth at the same time - it seemed to be more nourishing and calming than just recounting the words in my head, as if I let something pass by without paying attention to its meaning as has been happening so often. And I think I recognized why the Prayer of the Soul is called thus and that made me feel kind of a calm joy.

whitecoast said:
I've resumed doing bioenergetic breathing with EE, and I feel a lot of the same things as I have before. Certain sensations of paresthesia, with emotional releases following over the next day or two.

Just saw your post today, how are you doing? Any improvements and did you stop doing bioenergetic breathing?

By Eiriu-Eolas breathing program can anyone achieve kumbakam(i.e., state of living without breathing) state by decreasing of breathing slowly? if so is there any special conditions to follow?

s.m.j.raj said:
By Eiriu-Eolas breathing program can anyone achieve kumbakam(i.e., state of living without breathing) state by decreasing of breathing slowly? if so is there any special conditions to follow?

Hi s.m.j.raj,

I never heard of kumbakam and following your description and I hope I understood you correctly what it should be, is not a goal of Eiriu-Eolas. One of the goals of EE in general is, that you breath with your belly and more deeply and natural instead of the shallow and wrong breathing with the upper parts of your lungs. It may be that with long practice of EE that you breath more slowly, since belly breathing is deeper.

Did you already follow the introduction video (with the background information and exercises) of Eiriu-Eolas, if not it is for free available and has subtitles of several languages available:

https://eiriu-eolas.org/online-version/

https://youtu.be/ytj4O_Q7Xbg

3D Student said:
I've had some recent bouts of extra anxiety too. In the past I would just do pipe breathing daily, often when it wasn't needed. I think it's more of a tool that is best used when you really need it. So I found myself in the past week or two thinking, "Gee, I'm more stressed than usual, I need to pipe breathe." And I would just keep doing it until it seemed to pass.

I think both doing it 'as needed' and being proactive about it when we're feeling ok too (as you describe above 3D) is a great way to go about it. We just can't go wrong by strengthening our vagal tone. :)

Gut dysbiosis, vagal nerve tone and mental health

Social connections drive the 'upward spiral' of positive emotions and health: People who have higher vagal tone tend to be better at regulating their emotions

s.m.j.raj said:

Do you mean Kumbhaka?

According to Wikipedia, it is a part of yogic practice and generally defined as the state between the inhale and the exhale. Or otherwise, the retention of breath or holding one's breath. Kumbhaka is seen as a central practice to pranayama - yogic breath control.

For example, in the Pipe Breathing part of the Eiriu Eolas, the retention of the breath plays a role as one component next to others in that whole breathing process, as depicted in the guiding audio: "breath in [count] - hold [count] - breath out [count] - hold [count] ..."). But it is not being focused upon in Eiriu Eolas - or at least not in the same sense as I got from the Wikipedia description.

I concur with Gawan, that a more deep breathing can be achieved with Eiriu Eolas since it contains controlled (and thus more conscious) breathing practices, which puts one into closer contact with one's body and its movements. A deeper breathing may then become a habit with regular practice of Eiriu Eolas. The video posted above will give you a clearer idea :)

Ennio said:
3D Student said:
I've had some recent bouts of extra anxiety too. In the past I would just do pipe breathing daily, often when it wasn't needed. I think it's more of a tool that is best used when you really need it. So I found myself in the past week or two thinking, "Gee, I'm more stressed than usual, I need to pipe breathe." And I would just keep doing it until it seemed to pass.

I think both doing it 'as needed' and being proactive about it when we're feeling ok too (as you describe above 3D) is a great way to go about it. We just can't go wrong by strengthening our vagal tone. :)

Gut dysbiosis, vagal nerve tone and mental health

Social connections drive the 'upward spiral' of positive emotions and health: People who have higher vagal tone tend to be better at regulating their emotions

Thank you for your point, Ennio, and for these links. It's interesting to realize how much processes the vagus nerve is actually involved in!

I have to correct my former thinking stating that stimulating the vagus nerve should only be done when it is "needed". First, that's something we assess at consciously - we think we need it or we think we don't. But then we might not be aware of an existing need to do Pipe Breathing for example, especially if not in contact with our body which may communicate this need to us and so we assess it subconsciously, thus doing it - though we "think" (consciously) we do not need it right now.

There can be a lot of stress underneath that we are not even aware of. Somewhere I read (I can't remember where so I am not sure if I recount the following correctly), that a client came in to a neurofeedback practitioner stating he felt totally relaxed. But the machine showed otherwise: displayed brain waves indicated high stress levels. So, doing Pipe Breathing even if we don't think we need it might well turn out to be the opposite - the benefits may not be conscious to us then, but our body may register them on some level.

I am very thankful, for the response given by GAWAN and LEARNER. I was just combining the information known to me, to understand it, then learn. May be i anticipated. A thought crossed it may be in conjuction with pranamaya so i just want know what it is truely. Thanks for reminding me to LET FLOW.

I did study the description, watched video and also started belly breathing. I am just started and at only first and second step practicing, in video laura said to practice belly breath until belly can stretch upto 4 inches, that means i should start third and fourth after the success of first and second or i can practice all at once every time?

Learner said:
I have to correct my former thinking stating that stimulating the vagus nerve should only be done when it is "needed". First, that's something we assess at consciously - we think we need it or we think we don't. But then we might not be aware of an existing need to do Pipe Breathing for example, especially if not in contact with our body which may communicate this need to us and so we assess it subconsciously, thus doing it - though we "think" (consciously) we do not need it right now.

There can be a lot of stress underneath that we are not even aware of. Somewhere I read (I can't remember where so I am not sure if I recount the following correctly), that a client came in to a neurofeedback practitioner stating he felt totally relaxed. But the machine showed otherwise: displayed brain waves indicated high stress levels. So, doing Pipe Breathing even if we don't think we need it might well turn out to be the opposite - the benefits may not be conscious to us then, but our body may register them on some level.

Yes. What you wrote was also a good reminder of the fact that we have a number of useful tools available to us that may be of great benefit - if we can be active and consistent in making use of them. As you say, the benefits may not be apparent right then and there, but cumulatively and over time (and with a little faith!) putting those tools into practice may be helpful to ourselves and to others in ways we just can't see or or anticipate at the moment.

On that note we certainly do have a lot of things we can try with the aim of improving our conditions and the larger aim here, don't we! In no particular order, here's a little recap: We can get involved in the crystal project, practice Reiki, work on our diet, do the Pennebaker writing exercises, the suggested reading, help others here or in our lives, promote Sott and the perspectives we're seeing there, talk to our water, exercise, detoxify, clean our rooms, etc. I'm sure there's more, too.

The point being that there are so many ways in which we can strengthen ourselves against weaknesses we may not even be aware of (as well as those we are) that it kind of behooves us to give them a solid try for all the good that they may produce. And why not - what we're doing together, here and now, is likely the most meaningful and important work we're ever likely to do in this or any other lifetime I think. Why not give it our best shot and try to have a little fun with it while we're at it!

On that note we certainly do have a lot of things we can try with the aim of improving our conditions and the larger aim here, don't we! In no particular order, here's a little recap: We can get involved in the crystal project, practice Reiki, work on our diet, do the Pennebaker writing exercises, the suggested reading, help others here or in our lives, promote Sott and the perspectives we're seeing there, talk to our water, exercise, detoxify, clean our rooms, etc. I'm sure there's more, too.

The point being that there are so many ways in which we can strengthen ourselves against weaknesses we may not even be aware of (as well as those we are) that it kind of behooves us to give them a solid try for all the good that they may produce. And why not - what we're doing together, here and now, is likely the most meaningful and important work we're ever likely to do in this or any other lifetime I think. Why not give it our best shot and try to have a little fun with it while we're at it!

Thank you for that recap, Ennio. We have been given and discovered a lot of tools which we can put to use indeed. It may work differently for each individual and at their time, depending on their personal make-up, history and contexts, but in the end the benefits may amount to be largely the same or similar to most of us as group. It's an experiment that we do on us and also together - the way you have put it makes me think of putting these tools into use in the way of engaging with the universe and life in the playful way of an innocent child (or maybe a "pure fool"?), exploring its surroundings in various ways and with several means, thereby learning and growing.

That also reminds me of that Biblical sentence of "[...] unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 18:3). Which also makes me think of the recent session with the Cs, where they referred to becoming like little children in light of discussing neurofeedback which - in adjusting brainwaves - could help crack limited beliefs, paving way into unlimited views about the universe, in combination with other tools (like little children who are not yet shaped into various belief systems).

Session 10th of Februry:

[...] (Pierre) Yes; beliefs by definition ARE limiting. If you don't believe this, then you believe that. So, I guess unlimited beliefs is sort of a transcending of the very notion of belief. It's going beyond beliefs.

A: Become like little children...

Q: (Artemis) Inquisitive, but without bias or beliefs.

(L) And adventurous, open to experience, and not formed up with any beliefs. And one hopes that it's a little child that has not been developmentally traumatized! [laughter]

(Chu) I think it comes down to what the books say, really, which is that if you're in the present, you stop having the wrong beliefs. Instead of living in the past, you're in a state where you're curious again. So, it is a positive emotion in the end, but it's not the positive emotions as we normally understand them with all the wishful thinking that goes along with them.

(Andromeda) Right.

(Chu) It's like let's live life as an experiment, and...

(L) Like, "This is interesting to see what happens next..."

(Andromeda) But you still have the ability to feel negative emotions as a response to something that happens. Which would be proper.

(Pierre) A lot of PK events or paranormal events involve children. And children, compared to adults, have less of those limiting beliefs. Therefore, they can connect and experience a wider range of events.

(Artemis) So basically, neurofeedback plus reading will help people increase their receivership capability...

(L) If they apply what they read...

(Artemis) ...will help them become conduits for positive forces in the universe.

A: Yes [...]

I did study the description, watched video and also started belly breathing. I am just started and at only first and second step practicing, in video laura said to practice belly breath until belly can stretch upto 4 inches, that means i should start third and fourth after the success of first and second or i can practice all at once every time?

I think, that number of 4 inches is probably meant as the ideal case - not everybody could stretch out that much and it is meant for them to stretch out as far as they feel comfortable (as far as I remember). You can include all 4 steps into one session (which is advised to do twice a week at maximum), though I would do that only if I am sure I feel familiar with the first and second step (by this you probably mean Pipe Breathing and Warrior's Breathing) - so I would be sure to have at least some parts of the program under my belt before proceeding further.

My few cents :-)

I think, that number of 4 inches is probably meant as the ideal case - not everybody could stretch out that much and it is meant for them to stretch out as far as they feel comfortable (as far as I remember). You can include all 4 steps into one session (which is advised to do twice a week at maximum), though I would do that only if I am sure I feel familiar with the first and second step (by this you probably mean Pipe Breathing and Warrior's Breathing) - so I would be sure to have at least some parts of the program under my belt before proceeding further.

My few cents :-)

thanks Learner for suggestion, i will do 4 steps into one session.

Here's my experience with pipe breathing after some months of doing it: First of all, I am almost finished reading Healing Developmental Trauma, one of the recommended books, and I definitely have the connection survival style. Anyways, when I did this last night, at some point I had sudden pain in the right side of my chest that made me flinch. The pain goes from my right shoulder down to my arm. This has happened the last few times i've done it as well. The pain goes away when I breathe normally. Also, I do this in bed before I sleep and usually have to take the covers off because I start to get hot. It wasn't always like this, I used to just feel the feeling you are supposed to have on both sides of the neck. The pain is a recent thing. I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience (besides the feeling of heat) or what might be the cause of the pain?

Here's my experience with pipe breathing after some months of doing it: First of all, I am almost finished reading Healing Developmental Trauma, one of the recommended books, and I definitely have the connection survival style. Anyways, when I did this last night, at some point I had sudden pain in the right side of my chest that made me flinch. The pain goes from my right shoulder down to my arm. This has happened the last few times i've done it as well. The pain goes away when I breathe normally. Also, I do this in bed before I sleep and usually have to take the covers off because I start to get hot. It wasn't always like this, I used to just feel the feeling you are supposed to have on both sides of the neck. The pain is a recent thing. I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience (besides the feeling of heat) or what might be the cause of the pain?

Hi Digmo, I'm sorry to hear that. I haven't had a similar experience. Maybe it'd be a good idea to have it checked out by a doctor.

Hi Digmo, I'm sorry to hear that. I haven't had a similar experience. Maybe it'd be a good idea to have it checked out by a doctor.
Agree that this may be a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom