George Floyd's Death, Protests and Riots across the US

Avi Yemeni interviews BLM protestors in Melbourne. He asks them if they've ever heard of Justine Damond, a white Australian woman that was killed by a black police officer in Minneapolis. Story goes that she heard a woman in some distress and called 911 and the attending police shot and killed her. Where the protesters quote black deaths in custody figures, Avi gives a comparison of white deaths in custody. It's like he is speaking to scratched records - they skip a beat and return to the same story.

Some admit that they've been told by organisers not to speak to the media which is weird - why wouldn't they want media attention for the cause that they are supporting? Some just walk away from him.

20 mins

I found that this morning. Maybe it has already been released. Very interesting.

This Riot MEME was made by the Obama Foundation on May 16, 2020 with released a clear picture by George Floyd -Tweeted 9 days before his death!
Right - starting this morning, Monday, June 8th, this "GEORGE FLOYD" tweet will remain on the TOF Twitter page. And here's a screenshot with a date stamp of 8:20 a.m. today to prove it.

View attachment 36817

The following article tries to explain the mystery surrounding the twitter image. It suggests the image may have been changed retroactively. I don't personally have much experience with how twitter works so make of it what you will.

The Obama Foundation didn't tweet an image of George Floyd eight days before his death
CLAIM: A tweet from the Obama Foundation featuring a picture of George Floyd went out on May 17, more than a week before his death, suggesting the nonprofit was aware of Floyd well before he died.

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. The Obama Foundation simply updated its Twitter card image after Floyd’s death, which changed the preview image for the website when it’s linked on Twitter. That retroactively changed the image appearing on previous tweets pointing to the site.

At other times, it could also be that some people in power or the arts industries are bragging or hinting at their true beliefs
yup
South Of Reality, The Claypool Lennon Delirium’s epic sophomore album might be just the antidote this sick world needs. Music so potent it could repel an asteroid impact from space. These seasoned warriors of psychedelia have crafted timeless songs that may as well be chiseled in stone.

I saw a very odd pile of paving stones in the driveway entrance to our Bank parking lot on Saturday.
The area was completely renovated and upgraded over a year ago, and these paving bricks were just placed there recently.
There are NO damaged areas in need of repair, and these weren't even a match for the ones that are in the street, so I thought it very odd.

When I told my Family members about it, we all kinda wondered if the bricks had been put there, just in case there was a chance of a Protest or a few stray ANTIFA locals got rowdy.

Sunday morning I was out running a few errands, stopped and checked, yep, the bricks were still there.
So, I loaded them all up in the trunk of my car, brought them home, and after a bit of digging and whatever, the Bricks are now a lovely boarder in my Garden.

This morning I was sent this Video of City Cops in Toronto, Canada, piling ROCKS on the street curb, right before the planned protests...I would have loaded those into my trunk for my Garden too, if I had found them.
"Strange Days indeed...
Most peculiar Mama!" ~ quote from "Nobody Told Me" by John Lennon

Start at 3 mins

Also liked this one

Controversial... So against the grain... So in alignment with the views espoused here... Waaaaay in alignment actually... Never heard or seen this guy before but he looks like some creation of JP or something.

Going to be checking more of his material out... Looks to be highly engaged in social commentary around the narrative of racism..

I would go as far as to suggest SOTT post a few of his videos up... Maybe hit 1 or 2 of minority folks out there into thinking the overarching narrative of BLM doesn't hold as accepted with the whole community.

In contrast to the above, came across the below which is from another highly educated (MIT) and highly employed (Goldman Sachs) black fellow on this whole issue

What do they want?

I understood they wanted police reform. Okay, assume they are given police reform, is that enough?

What do they want? What are the demands?

It looks to me that beyond police reform, what they want is a conversation. Okay, they are achieving that.

What more beyond this?

I don't see anything else.

I see this movement drawing to a close soon enough.

Have you read Political Ponerology? Just curious, I think it might be helpful. I noticed that both early on in the coronavirus thread and in this thread you seem to be analyzing events with a rather shallow depth of field (photography term where you see what's in the foreground and everything in the background blurs out). Another way of putting it is that you seem to be taking things at face value. I could be wrong about this, but its the impression I get from your posts.

On the surface BLM and the "defund the police" movement seems like a grassroots, spontaneous movement, but as @luc and others have pointed it out it bears many of the hallmarks of a "color revolution" or "controlled opposition" type movement, including the 24/7 news coverage and support from foreign leaders throughout the "free" world.

On the surface it seems like there are a lot of well meaning people with good intentions involved in these "protests", and that may be true, but they lack knowledge of how mass movements like this can be (and always are as far as I can tell) hijacked by pathological elements that usually turn the movement into the exact opposite of what it says it is. The movement says it is for "equality" and "justice" and "non-violence" etc, but it is clear to anyone who is not ideologically possessed that it is moving in the opposite direction. IOW they don't realize that they are being used to further an agenda that is in direct opposition to the group's stated goals, in direct opposition to their "good intentions". It is clear to many of us here and Political Ponerology explains how this process happens. So even if you have read the book I would encourage you to at least skim through it again and think about how it could apply to COVID and "defund the police" and whatever "crisis" we are faced with next month.

Indeed.

Stoicism is much harder in practice than on theory :/

We still got six months of 2020 left, wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a civil war...

FWIW both of you seem to be getting swept away a little bit. Again I could be reading into your posts but keep in mind that "liberal" and "conservative" are group identities that can be used against us, so it may be useful to consider how much you are identifying as a "conservative" and whether or not that's helpful. I agree with you that we are in a frightening situation and its always easier in theory than in practice. FWIW Lobaczewski also offers some suggestions in the book for how normal people can maintain some level of sanity and "sit back and enjoy the show" through all of the madness. For instance:

As a youth, I read a book about a naturalist wandering through the Amazon-basin wilderness. At some moment a small animal fell from a tree onto the nape of his neck, clawing his skin painfully and sucking his blood. The biologist cautiously removed it -- without anger, since that was its form of feeding -- and proceeded to study it carefully. This story stubbornly stuck in my mind during those very difficult times when a vampire fell onto our necks, sucking the blood of an unhappy nation.

Maintaining the attitude of a naturalist, while attempting to track the nature of macrosocial phenomenon in spite of all adversity, insures a certain intellectual distance and better psychological hygiene in the face of horrors that might otherwise be difficult to contemplate. Such an attitude also slightly increases the feeling of safety and furnishes an insight that this very method may help find a certain creative solution. This requires strict control of the natural, moralizing reflexes of revulsion, and other painful emotions that the phenomenon provokes in any normal person when it deprives him of his joy of life and personal safety, ruining his own future and that of his nation. Scientific curiosity therefore becomes a loyal ally during such times.

I've found myself going back to Political Ponerology again and again over the years because studying it helps me to "maintain the attitude of a naturalist" when things get really crazy and if nothing else it distracts me a bit. Every time I go back to it I find new places where my understanding of the book was lacking, and I find new illustrations of Lobaczewski's concepts in current events.

Curiosity is one of the best antidotes for fear.

FWIW both of you seem to be getting swept away a little bit. Again I could be reading into your posts but keep in mind that "liberal" and "conservative" are group identities that can be used against us, so it may be useful to consider how much you are identifying as a "conservative" and whether or not that's helpful. I agree with you that we are in a frightening situation and its always easier in theory than in practice. FWIW Lobaczewski also offers some suggestions in the book for how normal people can maintain some level of sanity and "sit back and enjoy the show" through all of the madness.

Perhaps I should give Ponerology another read.

FWIW, while I'm certainly having a tough time keeping emotional distance from this, I don't identify as a conservative. That isn't really a coherent political ideology, and anyhow ideologies are ... meh, just another trap.

I'm on the side of free humanity.

Avi Yemeni interviews BLM protestors in Melbourne.
These people are.... I don´t know what they are..... I´m totally shocked and speechless.... :-O

I mean what to say to:

"So all lives matter?" "Ehmmmm, NOT right now...."

and to

"The shooting of a white woman is NOT THAT BAD!"

They sound like brain dead zombies repeating a mantra. This is just crazy and sad to watch! :ohboy:

Thank you Jones for sharing!

This is interesting, and also reassuring.

LinkedIn had an anonymous Q&A with its employees to discuss racial justice issues. Turns out that, even in the heart of the notoriously woke Silicon Valley, once people are given the protection of anonymity their private thoughts are not at all what the left would like.

For all the ostentatious virtue signaling from the wokocracy, their support really is paper thin. It's sustained by the general perception that most people believe this nonsense, which in turn is sustained by the vicious punishment meted out at any who dare dissent.

It's the kind of situation that is ripe for a preference cascade.
LinkedIn Staffers Slam Leftist Riot Narratives in Anonymous Q&A

Very interesting. If this anonymous Q&A can tell us anything than it is that the Woke agenda is mainly pushed by fear. A lot of people don't buy it. But who dare to go against it. People don't want to risk their job or future careers. The bullies rule the playground.

I'm on the side of free humanity.

Same here.

Dare I say a Hitler like movement is starting in the United States. Hitler was appointed chancellor in 1932 and WW2 started in 1939. If this goes un checked for 7 more years continuing at this pace....

It's bad, no denying that. Root out and expose the deep state and many of these problems will go away. People must learn that a ruthless cabal is responsible for dividing groups against each other around the globe.

Back
Top Bottom