A sign that things are about to change drastically?

Redrock12 said:
Laura, all of it makes sense and I get exactly what you're driving at.
Like a lot of others, lately I have had a feeling of impending tshtf big time, probably of the comet/asteroid variety. I'm sick and tired of the violence and evil perpetrated on innocent people by the psychopaths in power, with the majority of Western people indifferent, ignorant, or so wrapped up in their little materialistic worlds that they could care less about the welfare of people in Africa, the ME, Asia etc.
This world really does need a good house cleaning, and, imo, the sooner the better.

Yep, that about sums it up for me too. The cruelty, the violence, the degradation, and the ignorance seems to have reached epic proportions and it is truly hard to bear, especially seeing how many people are paying absolutely NO attention to any of it!

goyacobol said:
Laura said:
I see what you mean. Yeah, the Cs think of cleansing of the planet as GOOD news... and some of us are getting to the point that we think similarly even if we all have to suffer to get through it!

I have said from time to time that the whole arena of events just looks like a "slow train wreck" to me. I thought about that today living here in PA and realized that it may not be a "slow train wreck" anymore.

One news article _http://abcnews.go.com/US/amtrak-crash-investigators-search-train-derailment/story?id=30998492 stated:

At the time the engineer applied the brakes, the train was traveling at an estimated 106 mph.

I have been feeling lately that it is time to think of change being necessary before any GOOD can happen even if it doesn't feel good to suffer through "drastic change".

That is why I think I chose my one footnote remark of the Cs:

Session 16 October 1994:
Q: (L) That is inexpressibly depressing. Do you understand?
A: Why? Change will follow.
:( :/ :) :huh:
I'm feeling exactly the same way. I was outside two days ago watching a thunderstorm develop and move towards me across the countryside and seeing a huge wall of rain envelop everything as it moved towards me. Later that day after it passed I was thinking "This 'storm' that's coming has to come and pass in it's own way. Everything has to be reset".

manitoban said:
Redrock12 said:
Like a lot of others, lately I have had a feeling of impending tshtf big time, probably of the comet/asteroid variety. I'm sick and tired of the violence and evil perpetrated on innocent people by the psychopaths in power, with the majority of Western people indifferent, ignorant, or so wrapped up in their little materialistic worlds that they could care less about the welfare of people in Africa, the ME, Asia etc.
This world really does need a good house cleaning, and, imo, the sooner the better.

Yep, that about sums it up for me too. The cruelty, the violence, the degradation, and the ignorance seems to have reached epic proportions and it is truly hard to bear, especially seeing how many people are paying absolutely NO attention to any of it!

I agree absolutely! No attention from this human species is the end of this species. An animal, when he is not paying attention, is due to die. That, I think, is the future of our species. How come people can live with all this mess around as if nothing was happening? So the sooner the better, as you say, because this is insupportable.

goyacobol said:
At the time the engineer applied the brakes, the train was traveling at an estimated 106 mph.

So they say.

And it may well be the truth. But knowing what we know, I would keep my mind, eyes, and ears open. He may simply be the American version (a patsy) of the German co-pilot. But I could be wrong.

PS
There was something about a "projectile" hitting another train just prior. FWIW.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2015/05/13/septa-says-commuter-train-hit-by-projectile-just-before-amtrak-train-derailed/

sitting said:
goyacobol said:

So they say.

And it may well be the truth. But knowing what we know, I would keep my mind, eyes, and ears open. He may simply be the American version (a patsy) of the German co-pilot. But I could be wrong.

PS
There was something about a "projectile" hitting another train just prior. FWIW.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2015/05/13/septa-says-commuter-train-hit-by-projectile-just-before-amtrak-train-derailed/

That is an interesting detail. It makes you wonder what is taking so long on the "black box" analysis. And the engineer wasn't saying much. It seems like they are trying to get their story together an are taking their "time".

sitting said:
PS

A Philadelphia commuter train was hit by a projectile about 20 minutes before an Amtrak train derailed a few miles up the track.

A spokeswoman for the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority says there’s no indication that the incident is related to the derailment.

SEPTA spokeswoman Jerri Williams says they don’t know what the projectile was. It broke the engineer’s window around 9:25 p.m. Tuesday near SEPTA’s North Philadelphia station. No injuries were reported.

But isn't that interesting? If it happened to one train, maybe something happened to the other?

loreta said:
manitoban said:
Redrock12 said:

I agree absolutely! No attention from this human species is the end of this species. An animal, when he is not paying attention, is due to die. That, I think, is the future of our species. How come people can live with all this mess around as if nothing was happening? So the sooner the better, as you say, because this is insupportable.

Yes, this is what I am seeing too. I feel like a crazy person walking amongst the people in my day-to-day life who are clueless as to what is happening in our world. It all is so very sad to watch everyone having a good time, thinking life is great, going out to eat, shopping, going to church, partying, smiling, etc. Like there is nothing wrong!

It helps me to practice external consideration and strategic enclosure on a daily basis just to fit in and appear sane. But inside, I mostly feel hopeless when it comes to humanity.

(Perceval) That's broad. The last thing they referred to in the last session was that 4 month thing... Dramatic changes within 4 months.

I've been wondering about this. Four months from the session is around the beginning of June. So far, if something is changing rather dramatically, I would say is the geological activity of the planet. Too many strong earthquakes, spectacular volcanoes and other possibly related phenomena (strange sounds, sinkholes, strong waves, etc) - all at once.

Then again in a week or two we could have the economic collapse and that would be very dramatic too.

It looks train enginner doesn't have recollection of crash.

_http://www.wsj.com/articles/deadly-train-wreck-in-philadelphia-leaves-disastrous-mess-1431499608

A law-enforcement official identified the engineer as Brandon Bostian of Queens, N.Y. Mr. Bostian wasn’t at home Wednesday.

Mr. Bostian’s lawyer, Robert Goggin, told ABC’s “Nightline” that the engineer has no recollection of the crash and “no explanation” for what happened. Mr. Bostian has voluntarily turned over a blood sample and his cell phone, his lawyer said. Philadelphia authorities said Mr. Bostian spoke with city police but didn’t give a formal statement, ABC News reported.

Mr. Sumwalt of the NTSB said it was too soon to determine if the excessive speed caused the derailment. Investigators don’t know whether the train accelerated steadily or suddenly to 106 mph, he added.
Tuesday’s crash echoes that of a commuter-rail train north of New York City in late 2013, when an engineer, who later told investigators he had become “dazed,” sped into a sharp curve at more than twice the speed limit, derailing the train and killing four passengers.

That engineer hasn’t been charged and is on an unpaid medical leave.

Moonbird said:
Yes, this is what I am seeing too. I feel like a crazy person walking amongst the people in my day-to-day life who are clueless as to what is happening in our world. It all is so very sad to watch everyone having a good time, thinking life is great, going out to eat, shopping, going to church, partying, smiling, etc. Like there is nothing wrong!

I see pretty much the same thing around me. I have been posting articles on Facebook, most all from SOTT, and the few 'likes' have almost all been from Forum Members and the same for 'shares'. As you say, it is very sad to observe the near total ignoring of so much vital information we try to dispense so that they all could be, at least, a little bit more aware and knowledgeable.

A post on Facebook about a dancing dog might get hundreds of shares and comments, and be seen by tens or hundreds of thousands of people. Go figure!

It helps me to practice external consideration and strategic enclosure on a daily basis just to fit in and appear sane. But inside, I mostly feel hopeless when it comes to humanity.

I think that if we understand and keep in mind that we are like the sighted person living amongst the blind it helps quite a bit. THEY are the crazy ones who can not or will not see reality as it is and they will most likely suffer a lot because of it.

Richard S said:
I think that if we understand and keep in mind that we are like the sighted person living amongst the blind it helps quite a bit. THEY are the crazy ones who can not or will not see reality as it is and they will most likely suffer a lot because of it.

Indeed, you may find some people that are only a little bit aware or who can see some tiny things that may make them see that something its not right, but most of them just ignore that and go away thinking that "those problems doesn't affect them so is not worth paying attention"

irjO said:
Richard S said:

Indeed, you may find some people that are only a little bit aware or who can see some tiny things that may make them see that something its not right, but most of them just ignore that and go away thinking that "those problems doesn't affect them so is not worth paying attention"

Hey, what are you guys trying to do "pay attention to reality left and right" ? Where have I heard that before? Yep, I agree since I see it everyday. :(

Richard S said:
I see pretty much the same thing around me. I have been posting articles on Facebook, most all from SOTT, and the few 'likes' have almost all been from Forum Members and the same for 'shares'. As you say, it is very sad to observe the near total ignoring of so much vital information we try to dispense so that they all could be, at least, a little bit more aware and knowledgeable.

A post on Facebook about a dancing dog might get hundreds of shares and comments, and be seen by tens or hundreds of thousands of people. Go figure!

Good grief, tell me about it. Everyone on Facebook is absolutely oblivious. I post SOTT articles daily and no one takes notice. Then yesterday I posted about how misunderstood cats are and lo and behold, I had comments and likes.
It just goes to show how the system keeps people in check. For those who care how others see them, they will refrain from politics and choose the safer route of posting cute animal videos.
The state of humanity is truly a bleak picture.

Drea said:
It just goes to show how the system keeps people in check. For those who care how others see them, they will refrain from politics and choose the safer route of posting cute animal videos.

True. Although I noticed that at least some of my "friends" on facebook who are not in the forum do notice. The least expected people who have never liked anything on my page would send me a PM telling how they found what I shared from SOTT interesting. Others would tell me when they see me, but never on facebook.

I have a Venezuelan colleague who is very pro-American and all its propaganda. He hates Maduro. I hesitated to accept his friend request. I thought he was going to "die" when he saw what I shared. Then, like two weeks ago, he asked me about Russia. Now he wants to go there for a visit this year.

Little details here and there and it might be nothing. It is bleak, yet sharing information is the one thing we can do. Maybe it will fall on deaf ears. Then again, who knows. Maybe someone does listen sometimes. Flapping of butterfly wings and all that ;)

Gaby said:
Drea said:

True. Although I noticed that at least some of my "friends" on facebook who are not in the forum do notice. The least expected people who have never liked anything on my page would send me a PM telling how they found what I shared from SOTT interesting. Others would tell me when they see me, but never on facebook.

I have a Venezuelan colleague who is very pro-American and all its propaganda. He hates Maduro. I hesitated to accept his friend request. I thought he was going to "die" when he saw what I shared. Then, like two weeks ago, he asked me about Russia. Now he wants to go there for a visit this year.

Little details here and there and it might be nothing. It is bleak, yet sharing information is the one thing we can do. Maybe it will fall on deaf ears. Then again, who knows. Maybe someone does listen sometimes. Flapping of butterfly wings and all that ;)

Yes agreed, there might be people who listen sometimes though we don't know. So I keep flapping!
-I also sometimes watch cat videos from my facebook friends without liking or sharing, so maybe someone reads my shared SOTT articles without liking or sharing as well :)

Back
Top Bottom