I'm aware of several people (physicians) in Miami area with very bad colds who wonder if it is Corona. No testing or screening being done as far as they know. No way to know how many exposed, if so. That is a lively, highly interacting area with a lot of international visitors out and about.
Along similar lines, I read a comment from a hospital nurse (in Texas) of 27 years. She said she has never seen this many pneumonia patients in her hospital. No mention of any CV tests.

On the CV tests that are so often quoted - any such test must also come with an estimated false positive and false negative rate. I have seen nothing convincing on these rates.

For Americans, a few bits of information

- The CDC is increasing its testing capacity. By end of next week they plan to have the ability to carry out 10000 tests a day!

- More labs I think can now process these tests. Before all tests had to be shipped to the CDC headquarters I think in Atlanta. Waiting time for results was 4 days.

- After next week, they expect to vastly increase their testing capabilities.

So I think the numbers there will increase and any communities found to have some spread will go through the process we are seeing being implemented elsewhere.

This brings me to the below video which explains where issues might arise for your average American, especially when it comes to matters of any sort of company closedowns or quarantines.

The info on the upcoming expanded capabilities of the CDC can be found below.

By the way, this Dr Gottlieb is someone to listen to. He seems to have the inside track and he appears every now and again in interviews so keep an eye out for him. Full disclosure, he's a former pharma high level exec - FDA, Phifzer etc.

Lastly, I think this is tragic here... Poor baby girl! The dad is trying to say Corona virus is nothing to worry about.

Well, the odds are that the whole thing will fizzle pretty soon. And people will be really angry that they were panicked by their own governments. And then, next time... well, it might mean that people will NOT listen to warnings when it is important.

That looks to be the shape of things for now. The fear on this one has been ratcheted up to the limit, but if this virus doesn't deliver the goods to back up to hysteria soon then its gonna fizzle and once again people will move on sick of the boy who cried wolf.

Thinking about how this fear can get so whipped up into a frenzy, got me thinking about death. A hundred years ago, with big families and thus also big extended families, death was a normal occurence that was accepted. Uncles, aunts, neighbors, cousins and grandparents died (not that they still don't do, but family groupings were much larger) Many who lost a close relative could find some consolation in the bible or in their respective religion. Many women experienced losing 1 or two chldren in childbirth and it was also not uncommon that a woman died during childbirth. Looking at genealogy and birth and death records brings that message home.

Today, we are blessed that deaths in childbirth are greatly reduced, but we have also become strangers to death. Through medical advances and combined with perhaps a denial of death, we are able to keep people alive and try to do so in the Western world at all cost, artificial hearts, liver, kidneys etc. People are almost not allowed to die, but have to have written down expressed wishes not to be kept artificially alive if complications in operations happen. In some countries such as Schwitzerland, there are organisations which help those who wish to be allowed to die without active medical interventions.

Part of the puzzle as to why this is so lies undoubtedly in our Darwinist materialist culture that is also deeply entrenched in our monotheistic religions. As Laurent Guyenot points out, then the Bible quote from genesis ,which is also said at funerals, "From dust to dust" reflects this view that there is nothing afterwards, no afterliffe, no reincarnation. Life for many is not a progression of learning experiences, but simply material and a haphazard event devoid of meaning.

To illustrate: From the 2 seeds which we were given at birth, one material and one spiritual, we have only nourished the material and are unaware or ignoarant that the other seed even exists. This image of seeds is not ideal, but only to illustrate the problem.

When one therefore has put all the attention on the material denser part of being, it is perhaps not so strange to observe the freak out everywhere. The Chinese being no different in the pursuit and belief in the material. The freak out is not made less by the fact that we live in a culture, where death is not much talked about or discussed in papers. So when all of a sudden the newspapers bring the prospect of death to its readers in a very alarming way, no real wonder that hysteria kicks in big time. This confrontation with the prospect of death can of course also work as a shock and kick some people into an awakening experience and a reevaluation of life priorities. But that is most likely just a few. Gurdjieff's "Last Hour of Life" comes to mind as a useful thought experiment.

Well, the odds are that the whole thing will fizzle pretty soon. And people will be really angry that they were panicked by their own governments. And then, next time... well, it might mean that people will NOT listen to warnings when it is important.

Which sort of mirrors the old story of "The Boy who Cried Wolf" (which was shortly discussed here). Just replace the word "Apocalypse" or the phrase "the end of the world" with the word "Coronavirus" and you pretty much get the same gist. Bottom line is: when the real thing might be happening, no one will believe the foolish boy, who scared people before (fully knowing that he made it up) when the real wolf (aka. Cataclysms/Viruses maybe caused by comets and such) really shows up.

'Coronavirus isn't that bad': Cruise passenger, 66, who caught the virus on the Diamond Princess and remains in quarantine says 'it's just like a cold and bronchitis was worse'
  • Carl Goldman, 66, contracted the coronavirus aboard the Diamond Princess cruise ship in Japan
  • He was evacuated to a bio-containment center in Nebraska
  • Goldman claims that his symptoms were 'mild' and nothing compared to having bronchitis
  • He had a fever, sore throat and a cough but compares it to 'recuperating from a regular cold'
  • He adds that the coronavirus 'doesn't have to be a horrible calamity' and that there is 'no need' to panic
  • He also advises that people buy a digital thermometer, drink warm fluids and exercise to ward off the virus and its symptoms
  • Six people have died of the coronavirus who were on the Diamond Princess
  • A Japanese official now claims the quarantine on the ship may have been flawed
By Frances Mulraney For Dailymail.com

Published: 15:46 GMT, 29 February 2020 | Updated: 15:54 GMT, 29 February 2020

An American man who contracted the coronavirus while a passenger on the Diamond Princess cruise ship that has seen six deaths from the illness has said there is 'no need' to panic as the deadly disease is similar to a common cold.

Carl Goldman, 66, left the U.S. in January for a 16-day cruise around eastern Asia with his wife Jeri Seratti-Goldman.

Almost two months on, the California couple has still not returned home and are in quarantine at a bio-containment facility at the University of Nebraska Medical Center/Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha.

Goldman said that the symptoms of the virus, which has now claimed almost 3,000 lives globally, is mild and that he had a much worse time when he contracted bronchitis.

'I am in my late 60s, and the sickest I've ever been was when I had bronchitis several years ago. That laid me out on my back for a few days,' Goldman wrote in an op-ed for the Washington Post.

'This has been much easier: no chills, no body aches. I breathe easily, and I don't have a stuffy nose. My chest feels tight, and I have coughing spells. If I were at home with similar symptoms, I probably would have gone to work as usual.'

Goldman and his wife left the Diamond Princess cruise ship believing that they had avoided contracting the disease.

The cruise ship was first warned of the onboard outbreak on January 17 when a passenger who had disembarked a few days earlier tested positive.

The cruise quickly turned back to Yokohama in Japan where the entire ship was kept in quarantine for two weeks.

Over 700 other passengers have been diagnosed with confirmed cases, six of whom died.

The Goldmans disembarked from the ship after quarantine in Japan showing no symptoms but Carl was suddenly struck ill on the chartered flight back to the US.

Jeri Goldman continues to test negative for the virus, despite sharing a room with her husband during the ship's quarantine.

'I had a bit of a cough, but I chalked it up to the dry air in the cabin,' he said of his flight back. Goldman said that exhausted from departing the ship, he fell asleep but woke up feeling that he had a fever.

'When I woke up about two hours later, I knew I had a high fever,' he told ABC News.

'My wife touched me and she knew I was burning up. I went up to the military doctors, they took my temperature and immediately put me in a quarantine area.'

Goldman added that the coronavirus 'hits very, very fast' and that a person 'can go for days feeling fine' despite having the illness.

'We could have been exposing so many people to the virus not knowing we had it,' he said.

While the virus appeared to hit him from out of nowhere, he described his other symptoms as 'mild'.

When the couple landed back in California, they and 11 other infected evacuees were flown immediately to the center in Nebraska but Goldman was already showing signs of improvement by the time he reached Omaha.

'The good news is my fever broke by the time I came to the hospital. I had a little fever, mild fever the first day. And then over a night ago, I had a little fever as well, that just came for about an hour and then disappeared,' he said.

While he is still testing positive for the virus, he told NPR that all he has is a 'little cough still'.

'My voice is a bit raspy, and I'm a little fatigued, but that may be also because of the jet lag and the travel and everything else on top of it,' he said.

'It doesn't feel any different than recuperating from a regular cold.'

Goldman also warned that there is no need to panic about the virus as it will have less of an impact than the flu.

'I think just have a thermometer... don't panic with this, and realize that this is going to be less of an impact in terms of deaths than the flu is each season,' Carl told Fox News when asked for advice.

He adds that he seems to have been given 'gallons and gallons' of Gatorade while in quarantine which has helped to ward off any dehydration.

Goldman has been keeping an on-going journal of his experience via the website for the radio station he owns, offering some tips to beat off any symptoms.

'The advice I relay in all my interviews is to purchase a good digital thermometer for each person at home, drink warm fluids, put fresh ginger in warm water, and exercise,' he writes.

'All will push body temperatures up. It appears the coronavirus, COVID-19, like the flu bug, does better in cold environments. It doesn't like the heat.

'My wife also wisely advises to refrain from our typical California greeting of hugs and kisses. We should segue to the Japanese custom of a simple bow.'

The couple, who have been married for 29 years, are both still separated in quarantine but are able to call each other from their separate cells. They haven't seen each other face-to-face in almost two weeks despite being in the same building.

'The time has passed more quickly than I would've expected. With my laptop, I get as much work done as I can, remotely. I catch up with friends. I take walks around my room, trying to take a thousand more steps each day. I also watch the news,' Goldman writes.

Since week 40, 2019, 572 influenza viruses have been identified within the framework of the virological sentinel surveillance of the Influenza Working Group of the Robert Koch Institute, including 263 ( 46 %) influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 and 246 (43 %) influenza A(H3N2) and 63 ( 11 %) influenza B viruses. [...] Since week 40, 2019, a total of 161 deaths with influenza virus infection have been reported to the RKI, including 146 with influenza A detection, 14 with influenza B detection and one with a detection that is not differentiated by influenza type (A/B).
In reality, they can never know exactly how many people died from 'flu type X' or similar viruses. The best they can do is look back, after the fact, sometimes years later, and make estimates by isolating factors which, they hope, can narrow the numbers down to show only those deaths resulting from the specific virus culprit they're focusing on.
"recommending people get flu shots before the winter gets underway"
"should definitely make a flu-shot appointment"
572 influenza viruses identified and the only recommendation is the flu shot that's going to be effective against all 572 viruses - in your dreams! In fact, it's already been proven and exposed publicly that the flu shot becomes ineffective during the process of creating it! But hey, that side dish of thimerosal (mercury) really shouldn't be passed up - pregnant women and babies six months and up absolutely need to have this shot! The myth of vaccine efficacy must be kept alive at all costs.

Btw - had a followup appointment yesterday at an OSU medical office and everyone was being asked about international travel and if they were experiencing any symptoms of illness.

There have been Coronaviruses before. Do they have a vaccine that can deal with the latest, probably mutated strain?
If vaccines of that kind are any good at all, can they be "helpful" while this outbreak is already going on?

My suspicion is that any new vaccine of that kind can only weaken our immune system and that's the last thing we need.
I posted this to get people thinking about the implications of Israel developing a vaccine for the past 4 years. Considering what we know about MOSSAD and all of what they are doing plus what they want to accomplish.

I have also heard that Israel is not allowing 5G. Not sure about whether this is true.

My family has been against vaccinations since the early 80's.

It just seems suspicious to me that 5G, Coronavirus and Israel to have the cure are linked.

At present, my immune system is in high gear working on something and has been for 2 weeks. The only thing that I haven't added is Elderberry juice, Thanks Laura.

'Coronavirus isn't that bad': Cruise passenger, 66, who caught the virus on the Diamond Princess and remains in quarantine says 'it's just like a cold and bronchitis was worse'
  • Carl Goldman, 66, contracted the coronavirus aboard the Diamond Princess cruise ship in Japan
  • He was evacuated to a bio-containment center in Nebraska
  • Goldman claims that his symptoms were 'mild' and nothing compared to having bronchitis
  • He had a fever, sore throat and a cough but compares it to 'recuperating from a regular cold'
  • He adds that the coronavirus 'doesn't have to be a horrible calamity' and that there is 'no need' to panic
  • He also advises that people buy a digital thermometer, drink warm fluids and exercise to ward off the virus and its symptoms
  • Six people have died of the coronavirus who were on the Diamond Princess
  • A Japanese official now claims the quarantine on the ship may have been flawed
By Frances Mulraney For Dailymail.com

Published: 15:46 GMT, 29 February 2020 | Updated: 15:54 GMT, 29 February 2020

An American man who contracted the coronavirus while a passenger on the Diamond Princess cruise ship that has seen six deaths from the illness has said there is 'no need' to panic as the deadly disease is similar to a common cold.

Carl Goldman, 66, left the U.S. in January for a 16-day cruise around eastern Asia with his wife Jeri Seratti-Goldman.

Almost two months on, the California couple has still not returned home and are in quarantine at a bio-containment facility at the University of Nebraska Medical Center/Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha.

Goldman said that the symptoms of the virus, which has now claimed almost 3,000 lives globally, is mild and that he had a much worse time when he contracted bronchitis.

'I am in my late 60s, and the sickest I've ever been was when I had bronchitis several years ago. That laid me out on my back for a few days,' Goldman wrote in an op-ed for the Washington Post.

'This has been much easier: no chills, no body aches. I breathe easily, and I don't have a stuffy nose. My chest feels tight, and I have coughing spells. If I were at home with similar symptoms, I probably would have gone to work as usual.'

Goldman and his wife left the Diamond Princess cruise ship believing that they had avoided contracting the disease.

The cruise ship was first warned of the onboard outbreak on January 17 when a passenger who had disembarked a few days earlier tested positive.

The cruise quickly turned back to Yokohama in Japan where the entire ship was kept in quarantine for two weeks.

Over 700 other passengers have been diagnosed with confirmed cases, six of whom died.

The Goldmans disembarked from the ship after quarantine in Japan showing no symptoms but Carl was suddenly struck ill on the chartered flight back to the US.

Jeri Goldman continues to test negative for the virus, despite sharing a room with her husband during the ship's quarantine.

'I had a bit of a cough, but I chalked it up to the dry air in the cabin,' he said of his flight back. Goldman said that exhausted from departing the ship, he fell asleep but woke up feeling that he had a fever.

'When I woke up about two hours later, I knew I had a high fever,' he told ABC News.

'My wife touched me and she knew I was burning up. I went up to the military doctors, they took my temperature and immediately put me in a quarantine area.'

Goldman added that the coronavirus 'hits very, very fast' and that a person 'can go for days feeling fine' despite having the illness.

'We could have been exposing so many people to the virus not knowing we had it,' he said.

While the virus appeared to hit him from out of nowhere, he described his other symptoms as 'mild'.

When the couple landed back in California, they and 11 other infected evacuees were flown immediately to the center in Nebraska but Goldman was already showing signs of improvement by the time he reached Omaha.

'The good news is my fever broke by the time I came to the hospital. I had a little fever, mild fever the first day. And then over a night ago, I had a little fever as well, that just came for about an hour and then disappeared,' he said.

While he is still testing positive for the virus, he told NPR that all he has is a 'little cough still'.

'My voice is a bit raspy, and I'm a little fatigued, but that may be also because of the jet lag and the travel and everything else on top of it,' he said.

'It doesn't feel any different than recuperating from a regular cold.'

Goldman also warned that there is no need to panic about the virus as it will have less of an impact than the flu.

'I think just have a thermometer... don't panic with this, and realize that this is going to be less of an impact in terms of deaths than the flu is each season,' Carl told Fox News when asked for advice.

He adds that he seems to have been given 'gallons and gallons' of Gatorade while in quarantine which has helped to ward off any dehydration.

Goldman has been keeping an on-going journal of his experience via the website for the radio station he owns, offering some tips to beat off any symptoms.

'The advice I relay in all my interviews is to purchase a good digital thermometer for each person at home, drink warm fluids, put fresh ginger in warm water, and exercise,' he writes.

'All will push body temperatures up. It appears the coronavirus, COVID-19, like the flu bug, does better in cold environments. It doesn't like the heat.

'My wife also wisely advises to refrain from our typical California greeting of hugs and kisses. We should segue to the Japanese custom of a simple bow.'

The couple, who have been married for 29 years, are both still separated in quarantine but are able to call each other from their separate cells. They haven't seen each other face-to-face in almost two weeks despite being in the same building.

'The time has passed more quickly than I would've expected. With my laptop, I get as much work done as I can, remotely. I catch up with friends. I take walks around my room, trying to take a thousand more steps each day. I also watch the news,' Goldman writes.

Just pulling on a thread here but this seems to me to support the idea that there’s this COVID-19 flu going around, and there’s the 5G-caused illness; that the two erupted seemingly in tandem. One gives you a cold whilst the other kills. People not exposed to 5G experience what Goldman describes.

Just pulling on a thread here but this seems to me to support the idea that there’s this COVID-19 flu going around, and there’s the 5G-caused illness; that the two erupted seemingly in tandem. One gives you a cold whilst the other kills. People not exposed to 5G experience what Goldman describes.

The following is just FWIW... No conclusions so far, just here for insight.

Telecom Italia to deploy “5G” in 6 More Italian Cities by 2019 year-end - July 8, 2019
Telecom Italia (TIM) has already deployed pre-standard “5G” in Rome and Turin and recently added Naples. TIM will further extend 5G service to another six Italian cities, including Milan, Bologna, Verona, Florence, Matera, and Bari. That will also include 30 tourist destinations, 50 industrial districts, and 30 specific projects for big businesses, with speeds of up to 2G b/sec.
[...]
Telecom Italia plans to cover 120 Italian cities within two years, or 22% of the population, it said in a statement. The largest Italian telco is also negotiating with rival Vodafone to share 5G infrastructure to deliver services at a lower cost across wider areas of the country.

Vodafone set to launch Italy’s first 5G network - June 6, 2019
Vodafone Italy has announced plans to launch the country’s first commercial 5G mobile network on 16 June. The new ‘Giga Network 5G’ service will be made available in Milan and 28 of its local municipalities, plus in Rome, Turin, Naples and Bologna. The firm added that it expects to have 5G services available in 45-50 cities by end-2020 and around 100 cities and tourist resorts by 2021. Meanwhile, Vodafone has confirmed that it plans to implement 5G roaming between Italy, Germany, Spain and the UK next month.
[...]
Aldo Bisio, CEO of Vodafone Italy, commented: ‘5G paves the way for a new era of digital development services in the country. Services for consumers, citizens and businesses, which will expand the possibilities of individuals and communities and make new and more efficient business models possible. We expect exponential growth of our services, with a profound social and economic impact.’

"With a profound social and economic impact", yeah, indeed... But it could be not in the way he thinks about.

From European 5G Observatory - January 6, 2020
Since the launches of first 5G commercial services in late 2018, many commercial 5G networks and services have emerged in Europe.

The launch of 5G commercial services by Orange Romania in October 2019 was the last one in Europe in 2019. It means that a total of 15 players have launched commercial 5G services as at year-end 2019 in 9 EU Member States. One in three EU Member States enjoyed 5G commercial services as at year-end 2019.

The UK is the only full5G EU country with all players providing 5G commercial services. In six countries (Austria, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Romania, and the UK), 5G services are proposed by two players or more.

Countries-with-commercial-5G-service.png

And meanwhile, in France...

Pension reform: the government draws 49.3
French Prime Minister Édouard Philippe announced this Saturday, February 29, before the National Assembly his decision to use article 49.3 of the Constitution to have the bill on pension reform passed without a vote.
[...]
Denouncing a “ forceful passage ”, the left opposition immediately announced its intention to table a government censure motion, which however has no chance of being adopted. The right could also file one, but not common. They have 24 hours to do so.
"The government prefers the brutality of 49-3 to debate. We are proposing a motion of censure to the opposition."

So we are on Saturday, deputies have until tomorrow Sunday to get this censure motion against the use of the Article 49 of the French Constitution, and its 49.3 clause, while most of them are on the field "with" all the coronavirus stuff.

Also, shaking hands is now strongly not advised, as well as to travel outside country. The company my husband works for canceled all scheduled travels outside France (including Switzerland) last week, and asked all those coming back from Italy to not come work at the office and to teleworking instead.

some body sent this

This is quite true so far, but if it gets any worse from here it won't just be the stock market. There's a serious risk of proper economic damage that would very much affect the average person such as job losses etc.

It can all be seen in the volatility index (VIX) which acts as something like a global fear gauge. I can go into more detail on this if anyone is interested but the long and short of it is we are currently standing on a precipice this weekend + over next couple weeks, where this either recovers or gets much, much worse. If it becomes clear (at least to smart money) that the virus is in essence a nothing burger here, its likely the markets get saved around this level and the bull run continues.

However if the fear gets any higher here its looking a lot more like a 1987 Black Monday scenario and in this case we would at least see the low of Christmas 2018 taken on the Dow Jones etc.

On the one hand we have info that the virus is much less scary than anticipated, but at the same time the reaction to it is now self-sustaining and is shutting down business, social events, travel etc. worldwide and the consequences of that are pretty immense. Moreover there is no obvious end in sight - nobody knows how far this goes, how bad it gets, and how many are already infected. It's a huge unknown.

Very interesting times!

Just came across this on the current Session thread and I think it's very much applicable here along with what I just posted regarding vaccines:

This puts an entirely new slant on what has occurred with this escaped virus. I had seen an article that claimed a vaccine had already been produced, but because I switched from an old laptop with windows 7 to a new one, it wasn't in my history. I believe the article is among those pointed out in the above vid. This guy is making a lot a thought-provoking points! And yes, regarding any vaccine that comes out of this, we should be afraid - very afraid! This vid should be widely shared. And to think Vit C can probably defeat this virus easily whereas what any developed vaccine will do by contrast is mind-boggling! Who needs a plague when you've got vaccines! :evil:
Very good background information about vaccines, the industry behind them, the role vaccines play in weakening people's immune systems and why they likely trigger serious outbreaks.

By the way, that's Del Bigtree, the guy who produced the Vaxxed documentary.

Back
Top Bottom