Influenza deaths (always estimated) in the US from 1st Feb - 1st May are just below 6,000, which appears to be very low this year in favor of 'covid-19' which is at 37,308 for the same period, according to CDC (first image). Last year, influenza deaths were over 34,000 (second image) the previous year (third image) over 61,000.

So in order to compare this year's US "Covid/flu" deaths to past years, you'd have to find the same death-certificate data for previous flu seasons, not the end-of-year estimates. Couldn't find those monthly figures for the years in question (UPDATE: found it here - I'll look into it and share the data when I get a chance),

I'm not sure if the data I linked to above can be used for an accurate comparison. Something is funky. For example, here are the mortality numbers for February-April 2018, just on the tail end of the bad flu season:

-all flu deaths (J09-J11): 5324
-all flu and influenza deaths (J09-J18): 19320

The numbers for February-April 2020 (roughly, because the CDC site shows weekly figures, and they don't perfectly line up to the start and end of each month):

-all flu deaths: 5539
-all flu and pneumonia deaths: 67668

So while the flu death numbers are similar for each year, the numbers of pneumonia deaths for 2020 seem way too big (or the 2018 numbers are too small). For example, the total number of flu and pneumonia deaths for 2018 is listed as 59,120, and the total for just over 3 months of 2020 is 80,802, and that's not even counting the deaths listed as Covid-19.

As far as I can tell, the data for 2018 should be complete, and the grand total of deaths from all causes for 2018 from the same data set is 2.8 million, which is average for the U.S. So either the data on the CDC page is all wrong for some reason, or something like 4x the normal number of people were dying of pneumonia in the States in February - before any significant Covid deaths were recorded - which doesn't seem right to me. Am I missing something?

I have been feeling much the same. I have got over the worst of my anger which became utter rage at one point but I am feeling much calmer generally since then which I put down to doing EE every day. I still get angry; when Boris made his pronouncement a couple of days ago there were quite a few naughty swears that escaped my lips when I watched it. I have lots of jobs that need doing too including decorating the flat but struggle to get any enthusiasm. I share your reluctance to get out of bed and often don't arise before midday. If it wasn't for this place, EE and recently taking up pipe smoking I hate to think what sort of state I would be in. Oh and I have been doing a lot of reading too: the Wave, Amazing Grace and High Strangeness. It's been upsetting in parts even though I know most of it already but that helps me too.

Chin up old chap; we'll get there. Or as Churchill was wont to say: "Keep buggering on!"
I too felt the anger. I've been working and it seems I'm surrounded by people who have fallen for the MSM brainwashing. I find many are terrified of covid less so at work as we've had about 4 people off (including me)since the start of the mind virus idiocy.
One positive some of my colleagues have said if it was so dangerous why haven't many more been ill.
Were classed as a key workers. In our office we had no social distancing and PPE. Yet still most have been fine.
We were sent a memo advising there will be testing for all if needed but then advised the tests have a 20-30% chance of been incorrect. GO FIGURE! So even if you were tested as negative you'd still have to go into self isolation smh :headbash:
Boris and his cronies contradictory messages really are difficult for me to witness but For now all we can do is watch and wait no matter how frustrating. Many of my loved ones completely buy this bull shit. They are genuinely scared and it's hard to reassure them.
Some EE and payer sessions have helped and I am not without hope. I feel comfort in the messages we've received here and my sense of humour is still with me. At times laughter feels precious and rare.
It seems patience is required for this pandemic as it's going play out over a period of time which is probably longer than we all expected.
I found the UK covid 19 threat level chart ridiculous and I couldn't help but laugh. Certainly in the UK we could do with divine intervention.

As far as I can tell, the data for 2018 should be complete, and the grand total of deaths from all causes for 2018 from the same data set is 2.8 million, which is average for the U.S. So either the data on the CDC page is all wrong for some reason, or something like 4x the normal number of people were dying of pneumonia in the States in February - before any significant Covid deaths were recorded - which doesn't seem right to me. Am I missing something?

I see about 200 000 less overall deaths for the first 4 months this year compared to 2018?

Hang in there. You can always come on here to have a rant or to get away from the insanity for a bit. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to do it in this thread. My stepmother has swallowed the propaganda hook, line and sinker sadly but I am heartened by those I know who instantly saw the lies for what they are and did so without me having to put my tinfoil hat on! There may be hope for our soecies after all :whistle:.

I too felt the anger. I've been working and it seems I'm surrounded by people who have fallen for the MSM brainwashing. I find many are terrified of covid less so at work as we've had about 4 people off (including me)since the start of the mind virus idiocy.
One positive some of my colleagues have said if it was so dangerous why haven't many more been ill.
Were classed as a key workers. In our office we had no social distancing and PPE. Yet still most have been fine.
We were sent a memo advising there will be testing for all if needed but then advised the tests have a 20-30% chance of been incorrect. GO FIGURE! So even if you were tested as negative you'd still have to go into self isolation smh :headbash:
Boris and his cronies contradictory messages really are difficult for me to witness but For now all we can do is watch and wait no matter how frustrating. Many of my loved ones completely buy this bull shit. They are genuinely scared and it's hard to reassure them.
Some EE and payer sessions have helped and I am not without hope. I feel comfort in the messages we've received here and my sense of humour is still with me. At times laughter feels precious and rare.
It seems patience is required for this pandemic as it's going play out over a period of time which is probably longer than we all expected.
I found the UK covid 19 threat level chart ridiculous and I couldn't help but laugh. Certainly in the UK we could do with divine intervention.

I have been feeling much the same. I have got over the worst of my anger which became utter rage at one point but I am feeling much calmer generally since then which I put down to doing EE every day. I still get angry; when Boris made his pronouncement a couple of days ago there were quite a few naughty swears that escaped my lips when I watched it. I have lots of jobs that need doing too including decorating the flat but struggle to get any enthusiasm. I share your reluctance to get out of bed and often don't arise before midday. If it wasn't for this place, EE and recently taking up pipe smoking I hate to think what sort of state I would be in. Oh and I have been doing a lot of reading too: the Wave, Amazing Grace and High Strangeness. It's been upsetting in parts even though I know most of it already but that helps me too.

Chin up old chap; we'll get there. Or as Churchill was wont to say: "Keep buggering on!"

When all this started I felt very similar, initially I was anxious, and then it evolved into anger, my partner said he had never heard me swear so much :-[. I had all this angsty energy and found that cleaning, decorating, and sorting out amassed stuff channeled that energy somehow. Maybe just as an experiment you could try tackling one of those tasks you have been putting off, you may be surprised with how it makes you feel. Some may argue, "it's silly or pointless", and "what's the point in painting your prison a different colour" :lol:, but with all the chaos outside, sometimes it can help to create a little order in your environment, messy bed, messy head and all that. Hang in there SE!

On another note, it dawned on me the other day when I was listening to the Objective Health show on Bill Gates, that if things weren't as bad right now, and weren't likely to get hella worse, I don't know if I would be so motivated to learn and do all that I can right now. The initial overwhelming feelings of anger and fear have dissipated somewhat, and now it feels more like mental alertness motivating me to research, read and share. Yes, I still have down days, but I don't yell so much at the computer when I'm watching the UK press briefings anymore :rolleyes:, so I think there has been a shift in me emotionally.

This also reminds me of Political Ponerology when Łobaczewski talks about the "good times". Why would anyone look inward or outward when things are going well, they are happy with their lives so things begin to stagnate and not much personal development happens. Take Sebastian Haffner and Solzhenitsyn as examples, their most impactful work was written during chaotic, depressing, and even deadly times, demonstrating that suffering can lead to growth, it's what we do with the opportunity that counts.

So while this whole thing is certainly testing my patience and will likely cause significant suffering globally, I'm grateful for the learning opportunity that it has provided. I'm grateful for the C's, for Laura, and for everyone else here who's relentless efforts are helping me to understand the reality we find ourselves in.

There were 0! people on the protests. I thought there will be atleast a few hundred people in a city with million inhabitants... Seems theres NO hope for Zagreb. Chances that I will be here in the fall are getting mighty SLIM..

Cause it seems that the majority of city folk will happily take whatever the governments will push on them.

And as we already know, theres NO Covid19..... Just this nasty Chinese globalist "virus" ....

So this is how it will look in schools around the globe next year... All the kids will have to be tracked and vacced and sold out for the benefit of 1%.

(if some benevolent cosmological forces dont show up in the meantime that is.....)

View attachment 36198

Looks like a bee keeping class 😆

Show on the main TV channel here RTE very popular talk show among the human parrots. All the talk is about contact tracing and the app how great it is and how it will save lives. It's all for the greater good don't you know.

Anyone know is it true, that this app can be downloaded to your phone automatically?

On this topic (and I agree this conversation may be more appropriately placed on a different thread, although tangentially it's relevant), in the talk linked to below sponsored by Autism One, Dr. Andrew Wakefield discusses the research he did relative to measles and vaccination. Why I think this is worth one's time to watch is that he does raise some very valid questions as to the effectiveness of vaccines period. According to Wakefield, the once promising concept of vaccines just doesn't hold under the kind of historical scrutiny he has given it. It's been quite some time since I've watched this, and I mean to watch it again, but I know I found it to provide some serious food for thought on this matter. One wishes there were some form of debate between someone such as Wakefield and Dr. Mikovits as to the viability of vaccines, as it seems there are intelligent people on both sides of this argument.

I really enjoyed this talk by Dr. Andrew Wakefield. He discussed the 3 lies by vaccine proponents to convince people to support the creation of vaccines: 1. Vaccines will not be mandatory. 2. People will not get the disease from the vaccine (they do get the disease from vaccines; 38% of people got measles from vaccines in 2015 around the time of the famous Disneyland outbreak). 3. Vaccines will provide lifelong immunity (they had to make this promise because exposure to natural measles results in lifelong immunity, but the antibodies from measles vaccines is gone in 100 days so vaccine protection is gone quickly).

He also discussed the natural balance that was in place before the measles vaccine. People exposed to natural measles developed lifelong immunity, and mothers provided their babies with immunity for the first year. Basically only children got natural measles, and it was no big deal. Measles was only a big deal for babies under 1 year old and adults, and those groups didn't get it because mothers protected babies and people got measles as children so they were immune as adults. The natural balance with natural measles was destroyed with the vaccine, and supposedly the evolutionary pressures from vaccines has resulted in a mutant measles that vaccines can't touch.

Anyone know is it true, that this app can be downloaded to your phone automatically?
That depends on which sort of phone you have. The latest version of Apples IOS includes a "health tracking" app which is set to on by default. You can turn it off, but who knows whether doing that actually deactivates it. This was easy for Apple to roll out as they own the hardware and software platforms. But it will only apply to their later phones as many of the older versions no longer get updates. Google is supposedly looking at doing something similar but because they have to disseminate their new releases to their OEM suppliers, who then mess with it, the chances of this happening quickly are remote. Add to that the fact that there are millions of Android phones that no longer get updates, the risk is proportionately less with Android.

So this recent story regarding the Michigan Militia acting as community defense for a barber defending the lockdown.

Militia mobilize to thwart arrest of 77-year-old Michigan barber who reopened his shop -- Sott.net

Obviously this is nice to see. But:

Manke is sanitizing the shop between customers, limiting the number of people in the shop, wearing a mask, and sanitizing all clippers and combs with a UV light.

Most of the 'local business owner defies lockdown' stories I'm seeing include something similar. This is bad strategy. By going along with all the absurd restrictions and countermeasures, they implicitly validate the core premise that the virus is a threat worthy of shutting down society over. The result is that the fence-sitting normie thinks, "Well this person is irresponsible and endangering lives." It would be far more effective to reject all aspects of the lockdown: no masks, no social distancing, etc. Send the message that this whole thing is fake.

Protestors by and large seem to be doing that, but it's frustrating that business owners aren't.

I see about 200 000 less overall deaths for the first 4 months this year compared to 2018?
I meant specifically in reference to the pneumonia deaths, which seem to suggest that the two sources of data, both using death certificates, do not mesh for some reason.

As for overall deaths, yes, so far, 2020 is less than 2018. Some of that will be due to incomplete data - there is always a delay in reporting data. But if we look at the first three months, because April's data is still incomplete, we get this:

2018, as of week ending 3/31 (13 weeks): 783,490
2020, as of week ending 3/28 (13 weeks): 765,721 (17,769 fewer deaths)

Including April:

2018, as of week ending 4/28 (17 weeks): 1,002,269
2020, as of week ending 4/25 (17 weeks): 998,521 (3,748 fewer deaths)

Not sure where you got the 200k figure from. The data above is from the csv file linked here.

Beautifully said! Bless you :love: .

When all this started I felt very similar, initially I was anxious, and then it evolved into anger, my partner said he had never heard me swear so much :-[. I had all this angsty energy and found that cleaning, decorating, and sorting out amassed stuff channeled that energy somehow. Maybe just as an experiment you could try tackling one of those tasks you have been putting off, you may be surprised with how it makes you feel. Some may argue, "it's silly or pointless", and "what's the point in painting your prison a different colour" :lol:, but with all the chaos outside, sometimes it can help to create a little order in your environment, messy bed, messy head and all that. Hang in there SE!

On another note, it dawned on me the other day when I was listening to the Objective Health show on Bill Gates, that if things weren't as bad right now, and weren't likely to get hella worse, I don't know if I would be so motivated to learn and do all that I can right now. The initial overwhelming feelings of anger and fear have dissipated somewhat, and now it feels more like mental alertness motivating me to research, read and share. Yes, I still have down days, but I don't yell so much at the computer when I'm watching the UK press briefings anymore :rolleyes:, so I think there has been a shift in me emotionally.

This also reminds me of Political Ponerology when Łobaczewski talks about the "good times". Why would anyone look inward or outward when things are going well, they are happy with their lives so things begin to stagnate and not much personal development happens. Take Sebastian Haffner and Solzhenitsyn as examples, their most impactful work was written during chaotic, depressing, and even deadly times, demonstrating that suffering can lead to growth, it's what we do with the opportunity that counts.

So while this whole thing is certainly testing my patience and will likely cause significant suffering globally, I'm grateful for the learning opportunity that it has provided. I'm grateful for the C's, for Laura, and for everyone else here who's relentless efforts are helping me to understand the reality we find ourselves in.

I am very sorry about your loss. As you stated, you have been told that he died from COVID-19, or he probably died from some other reason with COVID-19. So it is a big difference. Don't get me wrong, it is not your fault, it is the PTB and the local authoritarian followers that are spreading disinformation trying to inflate the number of deaths in order to justify their fascistic measures.
Your ex-husband's death is probably in this category. I know a lot of cases where any kind of death is listed as COVID-19 death. You can read this thread and it is full of testimonies and data about this kind of manipulation.

As I know, a lot more people have the virus than the official numbers. My whole family had it back in January, The whole city where I live has a bad flu season this winter and according to their stories a huge number of them have the COVID virus and almost all of them recovered without any serious consequences. Like a very bad flue. A lot of people are almost asymptomatic, including me. Just very mild symptoms. Just rare cases need hospitalization and actual deaths are much lower than the average flue. Please check the Sott.net and this thread about more reliable data and information. Don't trust the official media because they are broadcasting just pure propaganda.

Nobody ever said that the virus is not real. But the real problem with this how we call it a nothing-burger virus ( because it is not more deadly and dangerous than a flu) are the fascistic measures and lockdown on the entire planet that will cause much more suffering and death than this virus.

Much more dangerous is mass hysteria and propaganda that is placed on human minds. Beliving in lies means giving up your power to the darkness. It means giving your Light to the darkness. Light is love is Knowledge. You can find a lot of real information in this thread. Use the information available and transform it into knowledge by utilizing it. Knowledge protects, ignorance endangers. Arm yourself and protect your mind, soul and body. Don't fall into this trap.
Yes I have no doubt that they are inflating the numbers regarding my ex husband ..he wasn't in a very healthy state that's what I know...

Tomorrow in New Zealand we move from two weeks of Level 3 to Level2. At Level 2, the economy is somewhat unlocked. Most businesses will reopen, albeit with social distancing restrictions. No groups larger than 10 allowed to eat in restaurants. Tables must be set a metre apart, one server per table, maximum time allowed 2 hours. Bars have to wait another week, then the same restrictions apply. Many bars and restaurants won't reopen because the restrictions mean they won't be able to cater to sufficient customers to actually make any money. Domestic travel will be allowed but supposedly all plane flights will have 50% capacity to allow for social distancing. Time will tell how this works out but most Kiwis are straining at the leash to get back to a more normal life.

Social gatherings including funerals and weddings are also limited to 10 people. And this is where the greatest push-back is coming from the community. Maori funerals in particular usually cater for hundreds of extended family and there is a huge reaction to the 10 number. I suspect that government is going to have to modify this really quickly rather than waiting 2 weeks to re-evaluate.

Schools reopen on Monday, albeit with distancing regulations. Many parents are terrified by this and feel their children will be in great danger, despite the government saying children are at extremely low risk of infection. I suspect many people will keep their children home regardless.

There is also a rising groundswell of people who are questioning the need for the lock down. With fewer than 1500 cases, 96% recovery rate to date and only 21 deaths, all of whom had existing conditions and were in the frail category (more than 60% come from end of life wards in rest-homes), people and opposition politicians are now asking why we didn't just confine the vulnerable, quarantine the sick and then the rest of the population just get on with it. I even saw an interview on one of the controversial current affairs shows yesterday where a health professional who supposedly consults to the WHO, expressed amazement that NZ had gone into total lock down when in times past, only sick people were quarantined. This came as a shock to many people as it was the first "expert" they had seen who questioned the official narrative.

Apparently new legislation is being passed at the moment under urgency which means the public and the opposition only had half a day to look it over. I heard from somebody on Twitter that it contains the mechanism for them to make it unlawful to refuse vaccination, but I haven't been able to verify that yet. Nonetheless, that would seem to be a good way for the government to force it through encapsulated in the legislation needed to legalize the Levels system.

The country however is still split between those who have complete faith in the government, believe everything that happened was completely necessary and that anybody complaining about is is selfish and putting money ahead of lives. And with these people there is no ability to reason. Sad but true.

These are interesting times, and I am looking forward with interest to see how this plays out in New Zealand.

Back
Top Bottom