DMSA for heavy metal detox - how long available?

Bluefyre said:
Gandalf, that's good to know about the 5-htp. I have been hesitant to order it and have it confiscated at the border. I think I will try a bottle with my next order and see if it crosses. It has become one of my most important supplements. I discovered years ago I am what they like to call celiac, but from all of my reading on the forum, I think I'm just one of canaries in the mine. Because of a severely compromised digestive track (didn't discovery gluten intolerance until 50) I have suffered insomnia most of my life due to serotonin deficiency. It is still a miracle to me that I can go to bed and more frequently than not, sleep soundly for sometimes 7 hours. I've even started dreaming again. I have felt for years that my head was in some kind of jar just off to the left or right of my shoulders. I'm hoping the mercury detox will help as well. Thank you for your responses.

Are-you sleeping in a dark room ?

If not, have a look at that thread and you will discover the many advantages of doing so.

Some people have reduced if not stopped the use of 5-HTP after sleeping in a dark room.

Gandalf said:
Are-you sleeping in a dark room ?

If not, have a look at that thread and you will discover the many advantages of doing so.

Some people have reduced if not stopped the use of 5-HTP after sleeping in a dark room.
It's good to experiment with improving sleeping conditions as a direct way of regulating neurotransmitters and hormones, rather than using supplements. It is also a lot cheaper! Everyone has to do the experiments, though, because there can be so much variation from one person to the next.

I have stopped melatonin for the time being, after having peculiar side effects from taking it and after learning more about its central role described in Lights Out. I have continued taking a low dose of 5-HTP, however (50 mg with last meal of day) because it seems to help with serotonin deficiency symptoms and does not seem to have any side effects at that dosage. I never did take it for falling asleep because I have not had that problem for many years now. Perhaps eventually with more sleep each night I will not need it.

Laurentien said:
Laurentian, the health food store I shop at told me that as of December 1st they were no longer allowed to sell it. Since I'm in BC maybe it's different, but I think it's Canada-wide. So even if they had it, I don't think they can sell it. Thank goodness for NAC!

I will check tomorrow if they have any in store and if I can buy it I will let you know.

I just bought L-Glutathione at the health store Bluefyre made by Organika from B.C. if I remember correctly. They didn't hear or received any information concerning this product so, if I were you, I would check with different health store if they heard about this.

You may have look for Glutathione but did you look for L-Glutathione which is REDUCED as prescribed in Baker protocol. I may be wrong but I think that they are different product.

Citation de: Psyche le Mars 26, 2010, 10:32:48
Baker's protocol is the same one for mercury detox in autistic children:

DMSA
Vitamin C
Alpha lipoic acid
Zinc
Selenium
Vitamin B6
Vitamin E
Melatonin
Taurine
Reduced glutathione (Even if it doesn't get absorbed, apparently it helps to heal the gut, but we use NAC)

It is a two-week rotation with three days on DMSA and eleven days off. All of the supplements are taken every day, but the DMSA is taken only on days one through three of each cycle (200mg x 3, just for the first 3 days of each 14 days cycle). It is at least six cycles. More info on Baker's book: Detoxification and Healing.

They still have 200 capsules of 50mg at the health store with an expire date of 02-2013.

Laurentien said:
Laurentien said:
Laurentian, the health food store I shop at told me that as of December 1st they were no longer allowed to sell it. Since I'm in BC maybe it's different, but I think it's Canada-wide. So even if they had it, I don't think they can sell it. Thank goodness for NAC!

I will check tomorrow if they have any in store and if I can buy it I will let you know.

I just bought L-Glutathione at the health store Bluefyre made by Organika from B.C. if I remember correctly. They didn't hear or received any information concerning this product so, if I were you, I would check with different health store if they heard about this.

You may have look for Glutathione but did you look for L-Glutathione which is REDUCED as prescribed in Baker protocol. I may be wrong but I think that they are different product.

Citation de: Psyche le Mars 26, 2010, 10:32:48
Baker's protocol is the same one for mercury detox in autistic children:

DMSA
Vitamin C
Alpha lipoic acid
Zinc
Selenium
Vitamin B6
Vitamin E
Melatonin
Taurine
Reduced glutathione (Even if it doesn't get absorbed, apparently it helps to heal the gut, but we use NAC)

It is a two-week rotation with three days on DMSA and eleven days off. All of the supplements are taken every day, but the DMSA is taken only on days one through three of each cycle (200mg x 3, just for the first 3 days of each 14 days cycle). It is at least six cycles. More info on Baker's book: Detoxification and Healing.
They still have 200 capsules of 50mg at the health store with an expire date of 02-2013.

But I may have use the wrong glutathione but here is a site that sale reduced glutathion.
http://www.nationalnutrition.ca/SearchResult.aspx?KeyWords=glutathione&All=True

Sherry Rogers, in Detoxify or Die, mentions NAC as a "replacement option" for reduced L-glutathione. This is in Chapter V, "How to Detoxify." I can buy either where I live, but I chose NAC after reading through many of the forum threads relating to NAC.

Megan said:
Sherry Rogers, in Detoxify or Die, mentions NAC as a "replacement option" for reduced L-glutathione. This is in Chapter V, "How to Detoxify." I can buy either where I live, but I chose NAC after reading through many of the forum threads relating to NAC.

I use both NAC and L-glutathione together.

Thank you for your responses. Laurentien, I will check out other sources for reduced glutathione, but I find that the NAC works for me. I've read Baker's book and am following the protocols, along with all of the information on this thread. I've also read Sherry Rogers and Mark Hyman's books.

I've watched the video on sleep and found it very helpful and enlightening. I have ordered the book which should be here this week. I have started sleeping in a dark room because there are sensor lights outside my window and when raccoons, cats, skunks and coyotes come to visit and activate them, it is very bright. Fully covering the window before I go to bed has made a big difference. I also notice turning off the computer at least an hour before I go to bed helps. When I read forum threads I find it keeps my mind too active and I just can't settle myself down. I sit and knit (warm woolies sweaters for hard times coming) or read. If I can start sleeping without 5-HTP that would be great and better on the pocketbook! I think I still need the serotonin for my moods. I have suffered from depression most of my life, severely at times. Some of the healing has come from working on the damage done by narcissistic parenting and sexual abuse, and some seems to be just plain organic. The recommended books like Martha' Stout's have been most helpful in this regard.

I cannot convey fully the gratitude I feel each time I come to the forum and find new information that just seems to be what I need to know about next. I have felt most of my life that I was too damaged to ever heal or be any semblence of a whole person. I have some hope now that this is a possibility. And being able to sleep is a huge part of it.

A further note - another factor has seemed to be adrenal exhaustion. What irony that when the adrenals are exhausted what they need is sleep and yet a symptom is inability to sleep. Again, with the valuable information here at the forum and my own research this is much improved. Eliminating coffee and sugar has helped immensely. It's difficult to do the Work when it takes all of your fortitude to get up and go to a job. However, I may have been beaten down but never defeated. I shall perservere!!! I hope I'm not getting too far off-topic, but it all seems so inter-related, the mercury toxicity and the emotional toxicity.

Bluefyre said:
...I hope I'm not getting too far off-topic, but it all seems so inter-related, the mercury toxicity and the emotional toxicity.
It is interrelated. As "3D Flatlanders" (Spacelanders?) we see things as separate that are really connected. No coincidences. All lessons. What else is there to say?

Psyche said:
Ideally, we should detox mercury and be done with it, but mercury toxicity is so pervarsive that this is basically impossible. This video about mercury amalgams brings it home so to speak:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4Pnuqe-V7w&NR=1

The guys are wearing gas masks when they recreate what happens in a dentist's office. Mercury levels above 100 will evacuate a factory. Normal mercury fillings can emanate levels of 190. :shock:

I found it really interesting last week when the father of Mark Zuckerberg, the founder of Facebook, was bragging about how he let Mark have computers from a young age. Well it turns out his father was a dentist and had his office in the same building as their house. And in the 1980s he computerized his office and let young Mark play with the computers. Of course, Mark Zuckerberg has clear indications of Asberger type symptoms, and you have to wonder if he was exposed to mercury vapors as a young child.

Oh yes, I do often forget about the "fun" part. Reclaiming my innate curiosity is definitely fun and that leads to learning which IS fun.

Bluefyre said:
...I also notice turning off the computer at least an hour before I go to bed helps. When I read forum threads I find it keeps my mind too active and I just can't settle myself down...I think I still need the serotonin for my moods. I have suffered from depression most of my life, severely at times. Some of the healing has come from working on the damage done by narcissistic parenting and sexual abuse, and some seems to be just plain organic. The recommended books like Martha' Stout's have been most helpful in this regard...
...I have some hope now that this is a possibility. And being able to sleep is a huge part of it.
I discovered many years ago that I needed to wrap up my (paid) work hours before I went to sleep. I do technical and entirely mental work, and I need a substantial buffer between when I formally quit for the day and when I go to sleep. It became such an engrained habit to have this buffer that I forgot about it until recently when I needed to work late a few times and I noticed once again how it disturbs my sleep.

I have noticed something similar with serotonin, and 5-HTP is the safest method I have found for supplementing it. I would hope that needing the supplement is temporary, but I have congenital hormone issues (possibly caused by prenatal endocrine disrupter exposure) and I may have to just stick with it. Then again, even congenital issues can sometimes be corrected, so I keep my expectations "open" while I detox and do other things that could potentially help. The results don't necessarily come from what you do, though. They seem to come more from "doing" itself, so even if you can't figure out exactly what to do you may still effect a positive change, and "coincidences" may come along that lead you to a more direct path as well, if you are willing to notice and act on what you see.

I don't think there is a clear line between "organic" issues and narcissistic/abusive family issues. For one thing, the latter may lead to the former. For another, our thoughts, experiences, and will exist in a realm that apparently we can't exactly identify with our third density facilities. There are interrelationships that we can only see in operation but can't actually see the connections. Noticing these relationships and learning to work with them while recognizing false notions about the "real world" (psychopathically inspired fantasy realities and their enforcing institutions) is part of learning and waking up.

It does seem a little ironic that in order to "wake up," it is important to get a good night's sleep.

Back
Top Bottom