E-cigarettes: research - experiments - ideas

But if we are inhaling nicotine through these gadgets, can’t they be use to inhale other type of supplements such as iodine for example or things that we need that would be safer to take that way?
Only as long as the supplements are heat resistant.

As for iodine, I don't think it is suitable. It has a tendency to creep out of its containers even when cold. When heated it will most certainly cover the inside of your atomizer and will stubbornly refuse to get cleaned out.

Only as long as the supplements are heat resistant.

As for iodine, I don't think it is suitable. It has a tendency to creep out of its containers even when cold. When heated it will most certainly cover the inside of your atomizer and will stubbornly refuse to get cleaned out.

Oh I see, iodine was just to throw an example out there, but it would be possible then, the key is heat resistance and different factors depending on the supplement itself. Thank you!

I found this video about a guy vaping water.

I cannot verify if it actually works, but it seems regular e-cigarettes can work on water. I am not sure if it is true or not, but I will try to get one and see if works. Naturally I have to be carefull due to steam being very hot, but I will try. I found a producer of a pure nicotine powder, but they sell it in 1kg containers and it is 250euro or so.

I checked some e-cigarettes on the net and they mostly generate heat between 230C and 360C, so it is way higher than needed to vaporize water. And since the nicotine liquids vaporize in such high temperatures and the user does not get burnt, I guess the water vapour of 100C or even 230C should pose no issue. I found a vaporizer for 25euro and I intend to purchase it and test if works on water. If it does, I will spend 250euro on the nicotine powder and make 10mg/ml solution to see if it works. I checked also the liquids and they mostly offer between 10mg and 20mg per ml, so I would go for either 10mg or 15mg per ml solution. This 1kg nicotine would last me for more than 10 years if I settle for 10mg/ml solution and 20 cigarettes of 1ml each per day. I really wonder if that video I posted is true...

I wonder if anyone tried using nebulizer to deliver nicotine. It sounds too simple but why not?

A compressor-based nebulizer (AC power) uses about 75W. But they also make ultrasonic battery powered ones:

Hmm... 🤔

I ordered one and will take it apart. I wonder if I could build one that's much more compact? We could call it the "fape" - FOTCM vape! 😂

We still need to find a source of nicotine NOT in PG or VG here in the EU, but one thing at a time!

I suspect the "nutrition department" will be on that pretty soon 😇, but it'd be nice to get some nicotine that easily dissolves/mixes in water to do a test (of the nebulizer, for example).

If you find something in the US you can have it delivered to me or someone here, and I/we could deliver that to you, could be a solution I think, in case it’s hard to find in Europe.

Would this also double as nicotine extraction or is it only for flavor purposes?

Ingredients for tobacco flavour

- alcohol(rum, vodka, brandy....)
- flavour rich tobaccos, about 10gr/100 ml alcohol (cigar, RYO tobaccos of dark varieties, Kentucky dark fired leaves...)
My personal favourite is a cheap Cuban cigar named José el Piedra.
Just let it sit for a week and filtrate.

If so how much nicotine does it make per 10g of tobacco?

For my own experiment I opted for a 7-day alcohol extract of the tobacco I regularly smoke, which is a Kentucky dark fired halfzware shag. In short: it worked. The extract came out with a nice smell of tobacco, so I made some test mixtures from 10-25% extract, 30% vg and distilled water. Then the vaping test and comparison with my normal cigarettes. The first few draws on my e-cigarette were not very impressing but when the liquid warmed up it developed distinct tobacco flavours, smooth but rich. In one word: delicious.
I have been smoking this tobacco for several years and I always liked it. However, when smoking I was never able to taste all the rich flavours, which are delivered by the extract, even at a small dosage of 10%. This is the real surprise of this test. I feel encouraged to continue my experiments and I am curious to find out how other tobaccos will taste like.

Hey thanks for all of your work!

I was wondering how many grams of tobacco and how many mL of alcohol you used in this recipe? Do you remember?

I have a lot of very dry tobacco dust and dry leftovers from past years that I was saving 'for a special occasion'. I was going to make snuff, but the idea of snorting it doesn't really appeal to me as much as it used to.

I think I have enough tobacco to fill a quart jar (0.95 L). I was thinking to try two pint jar experiments:

1 - One pint jar at 1:2 ratio of tobacco to alcohol
2 - One pint jar closer to a 1:1 ratio

Everclear is sold here in the liqour store, I use it to make herbal tinctures. Its 75% alcohol, which I think would make a pretty strong extract. I like a good strong tobacco flavour, hopefully it won't be too strong!

Hey thanks for all of your work!

I was wondering how many grams of tobacco and how many mL of alcohol you used in this recipe? Do you remember?

I have a lot of very dry tobacco dust and dry leftovers from past years that I was saving 'for a special occasion'.
I was going to make snuff, but the idea of snorting it doesn't really appeal to me as much as it used to.

I think I have enough tobacco to fill a quart jar (0.95 L). I was thinking to try two pint jar experiments:

1 - One pint jar at 1:2 ratio of tobacco to alcohol
2 - One pint jar closer to a 1:1 ratio

Everclear is sold here in the liqour store, I use it to make herbal tinctures. Its 75% alcohol, which I think would make a pretty strong extract. I like a good strong tobacco flavour, hopefully it won't be too strong!

I buy loose tobacco for rolling my own and was thinking about using some to see if I could make a vape juice. I also collect the dry and dusty ends in case I run out. The only issue I can see with using that to make a vape juice is how would the residual tobacco would be filtered out of the juice?

Would this also double as nicotine extraction or is it only for flavor purposes?
Mostly flavour. In tobacco leaves nicotine is bound to malic acid. Alcohol will not crack this bond entirely, at least not short term. It will just pick up the loose ends, so to speak.

If so how much nicotine does it make per 10g of tobacco?
Cannot be calculated. Too many variables.

Back
Top Bottom