Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

Timey said:
What would be a pragmatic view? To accept the possibility that there may be something lurking around me?
How about assuming that it's your imagination and telling yourself to stop getting worked up about imaginary things?

Alana said:
hiker said:
If some people have problems breathing through their nose, one reason behind this could be an underdeveloped/ narrow upper jaw (maxilla). As the maxilla is basically the floor of the nasal cavity and airway space, underdevelopment and narrowness in it can cause the airway to be constricted, resulting in impaired nasal breathing.

http://www.westonaprice.org/dentistry/mental-or-dental
<snip>

Sorry for the length of the post and going off topic as well, perhaps the moderators can revise a separate thread if appropriate :)

Actually I think the subject is very pertinent to this thread, and it deserves the space here, since it is about breathing. I read the entire article from Weston Price (I see it's posted on sott too: Is it Mental or is it Dental?) and it has very interesting and important info on the proper diet on the healthy development of body structure and how that affects our breathing patterns, which in effect affect our well-being. So, thank you for posting :)

Thank you for your post Alana :)

Yes, it is interesting how diet/etc. can influence the cranial structures, and further the breathing patterns. It is also encouraging to know that the constrictions can be corrected and treated in a ”natural” and non-invasive way, if necessary.

Regarding nasal breathing: a friend explained recently that he has been duct taping his mouth before going to bed at night. By forcing himself to breath through the nose during sleep this way, he said the difference is very marked. He feels much more rested and alert in the mornings, and the quality of sleep has been better compared to previous times when he kept slipping back into mouth breathing during nights.
As I'm sporting a beard at the moment I haven't tried the method yet myself (might be painful to remove the tape in the morning :P)

Timey said:
Sorry, I was very misleading with what I said. It only happened last night after three stage breathing; I seem ok following the advice regarding meditation, although I do get a bit scared still.
Last night everything looked like energy waves and I was tingling all over and I was seeing weird shapes all over the place. I felt extremely vunerable.

How is your diet Timey? Maybe you're having some nutritional deficiencies that are causing this? I think it could be heavy metals as well? I don't want to give bad advice but would it be advisable for Timey to supplement with GABA and 5HTP for the anxiety?

Last night I did full EE just before I went to sleep. First part ( pipe and warriors breath) done by sitting on the floor and second lying in bed.
My nausea(which is usually a precursor to tachycardia, in my most cases) dissapeared completely after third stage of pipe breathing almost totally. I have been shivering while beatha portion and fell in sleep during half of POTCM. Didn't experienced any special emotional sensation practice while, only powerful feeling in my upper body, especially arms. Relief happened during dreaming.

lux12 said:
Last night I did full EE just before I went to sleep. First part ( pipe and warriors breath) done by sitting on the floor and second lying in bed.
My nausea(which is usually a precursor to tachycardia, in my most cases) dissapeared completely after third stage of pipe breathing almost totally. I have been shivering while beatha portion and fell in sleep during half of POTCM. Didn't experienced any special emotional sensation practice while, only powerful feeling in my upper body, especially arms. Relief happened during dreaming.

That's great to hear, lux12! :) Hope your tachycardia can be eliminated totally with continued practice (or almost totally). Also shivering during Beatha (and POTS) is pretty common and may go away after a while of regular practice. If you feel cold, you can do most of the EE (except Warrior's Breath) lying down under a blanket. Sometimes you'll have the opposite -- feeling hot.

lux12 said:
Feeling cold is a consequence of the heart rate lowering, slowing down the metabolic rate, and thus the body loses heat. Also, during EE it may be a herxheimer reaction - the body is dislodging toxins faster than the body can eliminate.

beetlemaniac said:
Timey said:
Sorry, I was very misleading with what I said. It only happened last night after three stage breathing; I seem ok following the advice regarding meditation, although I do get a bit scared still.
Last night everything looked like energy waves and I was tingling all over and I was seeing weird shapes all over the place. I felt extremely vunerable.

How is your diet Timey? Maybe you're having some nutritional deficiencies that are causing this? I think it could be heavy metals as well? I don't want to give bad advice but would it be advisable for Timey to supplement with GABA and 5HTP for the anxiety?
My diet is OK, I'm following the Paleo diet as best I can, getting recipes online. I'm not sure how I would feel about taking supplements, although I do suffer from on and off anxiety.

Timey said:
beetlemaniac said:
Timey said:

My diet is OK, I'm following the Paleo diet as best I can, getting recipes online. I'm not sure how I would feel about taking supplements, although I do suffer from on and off anxiety.

Hi Timey,

Have you noticed if it happens in specific situations, suddenly without specific or known reason or when you start to pay attention to yourself?

Regarding the diet you may want to read the Diet and Health section of the forum to make sure you are basing it on knowledge, and ask there for any doubts.

Ana said:
Timey said:
beetlemaniac said:
Timey said:

Hi Timey,

Have you noticed if it happens in specific situations, suddenly without specific or known reason or when you start to pay attention to yourself?

Regarding the diet you may want to read the Diet and Health section of the forum to make sure you are basing it on knowledge, and ask there for any doubts.

Do you mean the anxiety? It tends to be in social situations. Even just walking down the street. It's weird because I use to be an outgoing person.
EE seems to help, as did self-observation. But I think the reason is I overthink, or I get worried I will do something stupid. The anxiety makes me stumble all over my words, and this leads to more anxiety. So I get worried over saying the wrong thing, and then I get anxious, which makes me stumble all over my words. Its a cycle, really. I'm also worried about the way people perceive me.

Timey said:
Do you mean the anxiety?

Yes :)

Timey said:
It tends to be in social situations. Even just walking down the street. It's weird because I use to be an outgoing person.
EE seems to help, as did self-observation. But I think the reason is I overthink, or I get worried I will do something stupid. The anxiety makes me stumble all over my words, and this leads to more anxiety. So I get worried over saying the wrong thing, and then I get anxious, which makes me stumble all over my words. Its a cycle, really. I'm also worried about the way people perceive me.

Take a look here: How do you work with Social Anxiety?

Besides Porges book: The Polyvagal Theory: Neurophysiological Foundations of Emotions, Attachment, Communication, and Self-regulation, can be of great help, you'll find some info here: The Polyvagal Theory - Stephen W. Porges

Timey, Ana has given some good advice and directions to take.

As far as my experiences of EE are concerned:

This week, yawning and very wet eyes during three-stage pipe breathing, following through to PotS; ending in tears rolling down my face. In addition, on Monday, I zoned out halfway through, whilst on Thursday, I had a sharp pain in my left big toe, as a prelude to a restless left leg – which I just observed.

Timey said:
Do you mean the anxiety? It tends to be in social situations. Even just walking down the street. It's weird because I use to be an outgoing person.

I had those problems and still do, although now I handle them differently. What helped was practicing more external consideration, i.e. paying attention to what the person was saying, instead of letting feelings of anxiety influence my interaction in all sorts of negative ways. It's essentially trying my best to understand what the other wants to convey. The predator can paint a really negative picture of what another thinks about you, but as you say, you have observed and seen that its just a cycle that repeats itself... I think knowing that is already a step in the right direction. Ana has recommended a thread about social anxiety, I will read it to understand more as well :)

After three stage breathing I felt this horrible feeling of being emotionally dead. It felt like I haven't had a genuine emotion my entire life, and it was as if there was/is this massive block of numbness in my mind that is stopping genuine emotion. I'm not sure if I'm being over dramatic or if I've had some kind of realisation about my mechanical nature.
Irregardless, I cried.

Back
Top Bottom