Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

I've been focusing on my right vagus nerve a lot more as of lately and it's really brought calmness into my life. Is there more of an importance in it than the left? :-[

CeLegacy said:
I've been focusing on my right vagus nerve a lot more as of lately and it's really brought calmness into my life. Is there more of an importance in it than the left? :-[
Because when I consider that I'm putting too much focus to the right vagus nerve I put more intention on the left nerve and then I feel uncomfortable, anxious and not good. It also makes me feel STS rather than STO if that sounds legitimate.. ^ ^

CeLegacy said:
CeLegacy said:
Because when I consider that I'm putting too much focus to the right vagus nerve I put more intention on the left nerve and then I feel uncomfortable, anxious and not good. It also makes me feel STS rather than STO if that sounds legitimate.. ^ ^

Maybe you could back up a little bit and explain what you mean by "putting the focus on" while you are doing EE? And what do you mean by "too much focus on the right vagus nerve?" And what do you mean by "more intention on the left..." I'm not sure I'm understanding exactly what you do when you are doing what you describe.

Buddy said:
CeLegacy said:
CeLegacy said:

Maybe you could back up a little bit and explain what you mean by "putting the focus on" while you are doing EE? And what do you mean by "too much focus on the right vagus nerve?" And what do you mean by "more intention on the left..." I'm not sure I'm understanding exactly what you do when you are doing what you describe.

I agree with Buddy, i do not understand what you are trying to put forward here. From what i can see, with your other post about your crystals and EE, you may be over thinking it all quite abit :huh:

Huxley said:
Buddy said:
CeLegacy said:
CeLegacy said:

I agree with Buddy, i do not understand what you are trying to put forward here. From what i can see, with your other post about your crystals and EE, you may be over thinking it all quite abit :huh:
Buddy said:
CeLegacy said:
CeLegacy said:

When I constrict my throat I'll constrict it tighter on the right side

[quote author=CeLegacy]
When I constrict my throat I'll constrict it tighter on the right side[/quote]

Your conscious mind doesn't have direct control over that part of the body and no amount of wishing will change that. The limbic system is in control and probably functions with neural or other input from the enteric nervous system as well.

Try placing your hands on both sides of your throat while practicing the constriction with no other intention in mind. Just for a few minutes at a time and maybe for a few days while just sitting in a chair or something. This might or might not signal your sympathetic and para-sympathetic systems to act with symmetry in operation. You may just have unequal strength on those two sides of the neck and practice might level them up automatically. Crystals can't control your body, so consider a possibility that only conscious practice can help.

That's difficult to make any clearer right now, so the main idea here is no stressing! Don't worry about that so much right now, just keep using the proper method. You've only been doing this less than 2 weeks, right?

These are just my thoughts, not based on experience with that particular issue, so others may have better advice.

Buddy said:
[quote author=CeLegacy]
When I constrict my throat I'll constrict it tighter on the right side

Your conscious mind doesn't have direct control over that part of the body and no amount of wishing will change that. The limbic system is in control and probably functions with neural or other input from the enteric nervous system as well.

Try placing your hands on both sides of your throat while practicing the constriction with no other intention in mind. Just for a few minutes at a time and maybe for a few days while just sitting in a chair or something. This might or might not signal your sympathetic and para-sympathetic systems to act with symmetry in operation. You may just have unequal strength on those two sides of the neck and practice might level them up automatically. Crystals can't control your body, so consider a possibility that only conscious practice can help.

That's difficult to make any clearer right now, so the main idea here is no stressing! Don't worry about that so much right now, just keep using the proper method. You've only been doing this less than 2 weeks, right?

These are just my thoughts, not based on experience with that particular issue, so others may have better advice.
[/quote]
Yeah less than two weeks. You're right I'll give that a go daily. And ah. Does one control your sympathetic and the other para-sympathetic system? My guess is the left controls the sympathetic, the right the para-sympathetic.

[quote author=CeLegacy]
Does one control your sympathetic and the other para-sympathetic system? My guess is the left controls the sympathetic, the right the para-sympathetic.
[/quote]

Please don't take this the wrong way, but your "being" (via autonomous effort) needs feeding to. Anything you can look up on Google or via site searching is a good candidate for productive effort that will increase your feeling of competence and self-confidence. At least try. Ask again if you can't find what you're looking for after reasonable effort.

I'll offer you one leg up:

_http://www.diffen.com/difference/Parasympathetic_nervous_system_vs_Sympathetic_nervous_system

Buddy said:
[quote author=CeLegacy]
Does one control your sympathetic and the other para-sympathetic system? My guess is the left controls the sympathetic, the right the para-sympathetic.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but your "being" (via autonomous effort) needs feeding to. Anything you can look up on Google or via site searching is a good candidate for productive effort that will increase your feeling of competence and self-confidence. At least try. Ask again if you can't find what you're looking for after reasonable effort.

I'll offer you one leg up:

_http://www.diffen.com/difference/Parasympathetic_nervous_system_vs_Sympathetic_nervous_system
[/quote]
Not taken the wrong way. I've had a bit of a rough journey to where I am now. Father loss at young, illicit stuff, psychedelics among other things used for too long/too many times and disgusting levels of anxiety/feeling frozen unable to respond to the feedback the world is giving in terms of how their information is being processed by my body. Healing my body and trying to focus on studies - I'll take as much advice as I can and not do the wrong thing to my body. Definitely as a starter I won't put any emphasis on a particular nerve. I've started gym so that should also build my body. I greatly appreciate your comments so far. Greatly.

In that case, I recommend adding some head-neck rotations to your exercise work to strengthen the neck and throat muscles while gaining flexibility as well. Wishing you best practices! :)

Buddy said:
In that case, I recommend adding some head-neck rotations to your exercise work to strengthen the neck and throat muscles while gaining flexibility as well. Wishing you best practices! :)

There is a series of warm-up exercises in the second part of the online videos that you can do. I think you are right in that you are perceiving the constriction a little more strongly on the right side of your neck. When that happens to me, I will slowly turn my head to the left, until the muscles feel like they are working evenly. It doesn't take much, sometimes less than 2.5 cm (1 in). Just pay attention as you move. It could be some postural habit like talking on the phone or how you sit at your computer that's creating the imbalance. The neck-rolls Buddy suggests will help a lot.

herondancer said:
Buddy said:

There is a series of warm-up exercises in the second part of the online videos that you can do. I think you are right in that you are perceiving the constriction a little more strongly on the right side of your neck. When that happens to me, I will slowly turn my head to the left, until the muscles feel like they are working evenly. It doesn't take much, sometimes less than 2.5 cm (1 in). Just pay attention as you move. It could be some postural habit like talking on the phone or how you sit at your computer that's creating the imbalance. The neck-rolls Buddy suggests will help a lot.
It wasn't that. I was intentionally constricting the right side of my neck more to get this feeling of calmness. I think I thought too much about OPs [started labelling people ops and stuff even though the C's said not to do that :/] and souls and STO and STS without actually having any knowledge of those subjects and what they mean in life e.g. haven't even gotten to a single book yet. Still stuck on either reading Secret History first or Waves... There's a lot of The Waves. I think I'd been looking for an escape from my anxiety but I'll be patient and continue with my routine. Wake up, practice 10 mins of belly breathing on my back, then go to pipe breathing (I've been doing breathe in 3, hold 3, breathe out 6 because at one point I could not breathe in for 6 seconds though I'd done it before. I imagine I was getting better at the technique [holding the constriction] thus requiring more energy? I tell myself to meditate next but things would get in the way but I'll stop that from happening. Autonomous effort, am I right guys?

CeLegacy said:
It wasn't that. I was intentionally constricting the right side of my neck more to get this feeling of calmness. I think I thought too much about OPs [started labelling people ops and stuff even though the C's said not to do that :/] and souls and STO and STS without actually having any knowledge of those subjects and what they mean in life e.g. haven't even gotten to a single book yet. Still stuck on either reading Secret History first or Waves... There's a lot of The Waves. I think I'd been looking for an escape from my anxiety but I'll be patient and continue with my routine. Wake up, practice 10 mins of belly breathing on my back, then go to pipe breathing (I've been doing breathe in 3, hold 3, breathe out 6 because at one point I could not breathe in for 6 seconds though I'd done it before. I imagine I was getting better at the technique [holding the constriction] thus requiring more energy? I tell myself to meditate next but things would get in the way but I'll stop that from happening. Autonomous effort, am I right guys?

There isnt an escape from anxiety, but there are many ways that have been discussed on this forum to battle through it. So i would say its a good idea to start to form a little more strict routine with breathing exercises and stretching in the morning it would be a great start!
The technique can be quite difficult at first due to the new way of breathing, so it will take some energy to maintain focus and persist. Take your time and remember to make time for some meditation or the full EE program when you can, as it will do you the world of good.

Getting started on the reading material can be quite overwhelming, i remember being in the same predicament myself when i first joined. SO again, take your time. Find which book looks most interesting to you, id say The Wave is a brilliant start to give a good overall idea of things. I couldnt put the first one down once i got afew pages in!

Good luck CeLagacy ;D

Huxley said:
CeLegacy said:

There isnt an escape from anxiety, but there are many ways that have been discussed on this forum to battle through it. So i would say its a good idea to start to form a little more strict routine with breathing exercises and stretching in the morning it would be a great start!
The technique can be quite difficult at first due to the new way of breathing, so it will take some energy to maintain focus and persist. Take your time and remember to make time for some meditation or the full EE program when you can, as it will do you the world of good.

Getting started on the reading material can be quite overwhelming, i remember being in the same predicament myself when i first joined. SO again, take your time. Find which book looks most interesting to you, id say The Wave is a brilliant start to give a good overall idea of things. I couldnt put the first one down once i got afew pages in!

Good luck CeLagacy ;D

Will do! Btw, MASSIVE fan of Aldous Huxley. I feel like Brave New World and the indulgences in our world are very similar, though idk what the parallel Soma would be in our world. Maybe junk food, lol idk. Island is still my best novel and I love it to bits. I'll start with The Wave.

Any tips on meditation? I think I'll just close my eyes, cross my legs and focus on diaphragm breathing and maintaining diaphragm breathing and always returning to it. Sounds about meditationy :)

Back
Top Bottom