Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

Of course I tried it! The inside of the nose freezes so much that it even becomes unpleasant to breathe and a little painful. Especially at a fast pace in breathing cycles.
But joking aside. I have also sometimes experienced that I freeze incredibly during EE. Not necessarily when sucking in the air, but rather all over the body. I am then so cold that I really shiver and tremble. And I can't do anything about it. I keep it like Mari, I ignore it and concentrate on breathing and look forward to the warm blanket after breathing. :love:

I don't think so. I think everything is right with you. :hug2:The way I read this thread, there are very, very many different reactions to EE. And my knowledge of "normal" meditation is that one of the goals is to block out the disturbances and move past them.
Maybe it helps to breathe a little less strongly for now, until your nose gets used to it. But I think maybe someone more experienced than me can help here. :rolleyes:

Of course I tried it! The inside of the nose freezes so much that it even becomes unpleasant to breathe and a little painful. Especially at a fast pace in breathing cycles.

I used to have that problem too and it really bothered me. To stop the "nose freeze" I'd make a cup of my hands around my nose when I inhaled and then removed them to exhale. Apart from the "freezing" nose I also had other issues with Beatha, as well as EE in general: I'd cough, choke, get irritated, hot, cold, and so on. I had quite a few unpleasant physical sensations. I noticed that most of them disappeared after I started NeurOptimal. My breathing became more shallow around that time too and the "nose freeze" issue disappeared. It's still deep breaths, but not inhaled in such an aggressive manner as before.

This is a very long thread and many people shared quite intense physical sensations here. When asked about it, the C's said such issues were symptoms of processing trauma and emotions. This makes me wonder if NO helped resolve problems that led to my intense/aggressive inhaling? Maybe the way I was breathing in during Ba-Ha was a symptom of something going on in my body - emotionally or mentally? It's hard to tell. But I find it to be quite interesting that NO made doing EE easy for me.

Something to think about I guess. And in the meantime maybe try putting your hands around your nose in a little cup like I used to do? If we meet during our forum EE sessions on Zoom I could show you how I did that. Or maybe try to inhale less rapidly and quickly?

The most amazing thing is that apart from the nose, I do not feel the cold. Although @Korzik18 he also feels cold and freezes (always covered with a blanket for meditation). Probably something is wrong with me ... :(

Well, there's a lot wrong with all of us so don't beat yourself up. We are all work in progress :-) I'm the same as Korzik18, I tend to get a bit cold during the Ba-Ha and Meditation portions. But I'm normally very hot during Pipe and Warrior breathing. It's been like that for me from the beginning and it hasn't changed despite years of fairly regular EE practice. We are all different and respond differently. It would be useful to reframe the difficulties you're experiencing, and instead of seeing them as a sign of something being wrong with you, treat them as a sign that your body is processing something in it's own way - and this is a very useful process. It's good to network about it just in case your technique needs improving of course, but accepting that the body responds in a way that's sometimes different to others is useful too.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the detailed answer, dear @Ant22 !

I noticed that most of them disappeared after I started NeurOptimal.
To be honest, I haven't paid attention to it yet. Thanks for the link. I will study.
This makes me wonder if NO helped resolve problems that led to my intense/aggressive inhaling?
Yes, I noticed that depending on my condition, I sometimes breathe more aggressively or more calmly. I will follow this closely.

Something to think about I guess. And in the meantime maybe try putting your hands around your nose in a little cup like I used to do? If we meet during our forum EE sessions on Zoom I could show you how I did that. Or maybe try to inhale less rapidly and quickly?
Great idea! Thanks, I'll try ! :) From the outside, it will probably look funny :-)

We are all different and respond differently. It would be useful to reframe the difficulties you're experiencing, and instead of seeing them as a sign of something being wrong with you, treat them as a sign that your body is processing something in it's own way - and this is a very useful process.
Yes you are right! I will watch my technique again and watch the video from the official EE website again. But most likely - the body simply adapts to the desired rhythm and reacts in this way. Thank you so much! 🌸

AndrewMn, apologies if this was already mentioned and I missed it; how do you breathe in and out during the Ba-Ha (Beatha)? Are you trying to get full breaths with each inhale and exhale, which is forceful, heavy breathing? Or, are you breathing gently?

If you are trying to get full breaths in and out, don't. Just breathe in and out gently without a pause in between the breaths so it's a continuous cycle. If you are breathing gently without worrying about getting full breaths and your nose is still getting cold, then I guess you are just one of those people that get cold noses. And, doing what Ant22 says is one way to help. :-)

Please note what the Cs said in the last session:

I want to suggest that you do not try to "jump the gun". I sorta suspect that if the Cs had thought that anyone needed to do more than the breathing and meditating right now, they would have said so.

Keep in mind that, the instant any system is formulated for a positive purpose, there will be a whole raft of "thoughts" or "novel ideas" that just appear in the mind that seem to be useful, but can be due to either the predator's mind, programming, or thought wave transmission from STS sources with the intent of destroying your ability to actually make positive progress.

The Cs did not suggest using Reiki with the breathing/meditation, or anything else. So please, for now, all of you just follow the program as it is.

ADDED: Clearing emotional blocks/burdens and karmic blocks/burdens is the prerequisite for doing anything else. Notice also that the main OTHER thing that is continued throughout this process is "knowledge input on a continuous basis."

Your ability to discern is based on being able to remove your blinders and increase your knowledge. The very fact that you still think that you can think with the way you think is evidence that you are not free of emotional blocks nor have you increased your knowledge.

Think about it.
Oh wow this is exactly what I needed to read.

Recently I observed an “I” that was jumping too far ahead, making connections, “jumping the gun” in terms of going into esoteric ideas way too advanced for me. In doing so it was a distraction. While observing “it”, another calmer “I” took control to steer me towards sticking to the basics. Of doing EE more regularly, journal about observations of programs, read psychology books, reading/singing to my crystals and prayer and of course the romance reading project. It’s interesting how the predators mind will try to divert one from doing the work that’s needed. I’m starting to see how it can appear in ways one may think is “positive”. It’s important to be able to detect the difference.

Thank you so much Laura for sharing!! and all the comments.
Honestly I have been very slow in practicing EE. I had a little less than 10 times that I have practiced it, and this evening I feel that something is going on inside today, thanks!!... I have been feeling depressed for several months ago, this feeling of hopelessness.

In my previous practices I had vertigo and really couldn't do the 6 second inhalation.
This afternoon, I am still doing the exercise and meditation along with the video, and today, I was able to follow more breathing times with a small difference in the time for exhale; I needed to do it for almost 20 seconds, I had a strong feeling of crying, I did it a little, and I calmed down and continued. After that, I felt a sharp pang in my chest in the area of the lungs.

I have a question, it happened to me when in the first part, sitting on a chair practicing pipe breathing, in a relaxed state and my body started to turn in circles, it was moving quite a lot as if I was doing it intentionally, but no, I did not make any conscious movement to make it happen. It just started spinning until I stopped it, moving out of the chair a little bit.
Is this okay, or maybe it just has a physiological reason?
I had to stop it several times because the body was moving so much.
Near the end of the video, in the third part, I felt a lot of tension in my neck and the base of my head and then the tension was released little by little and almost at the end I felt so relaxed that I had sleep attacks, I was sitting down, and for seconds I felt like I was falling into a deep sleep.

For the next few hours I felt very relaxed. Thanks so much!!

@jess ,

I have a question, it happened to me when in the first part, sitting on a chair practicing pipe breathing, in a relaxed state and my body started to turn in circles, it was moving quite a lot as if I was doing it intentionally, but no, I did not make any conscious movement to make it happen. It just started spinning until I stopped it, moving out of the chair a little bit.
Is this okay, or maybe it just has a physiological reason?
I had to stop it several times because the body was moving so much.
Near the end of the video, in the third part, I felt a lot of tension in my neck and the base of my head and then the tension was released little by little and almost at the end I felt so relaxed that I had sleep attacks, I was sitting down, and for seconds I felt like I was falling into a deep sleep.

For the next few hours I felt very relaxed. Thanks so much!!

I can not say I have felt the "spinning" sensation you did while doing EE but I think it may be a good aspect for you.

Session 23 October 1994;
Q: (L) "Bringers of the Dawn" advised spinning, is this advisable for all of us?

A: Major yes.

Q: (L) How many times a day?

A: 3

Q: (L) How many times?

A: 33

Q: (L) Is it ok to do it in the pool?

A: Okay.

The fact that you were "very relaxed" for the next few hours seems like it is a beneficial aspect for you.

Actually, there is another thread started by @Pierre that discusses "spinning".

Magnetite, spinning and meridians

Maybe you could take it out for a "spin". :-P

@jess ,

I can not say I have felt the "spinning" sensation you did while doing EE but I think it may be a good aspect for you.

Session 23 October 1994;

The fact that you were "very relaxed" for the next few hours seems like it is a beneficial aspect for you.

Actually, there is another thread started by @Pierre that discusses "spinning".

Magnetite, spinning and meridians

Maybe you could take it out for a "spin". :-P
I really appreciate your comment goyacobol, I will review the info that you refer, I must admit that I am a little ignorant on the subject of esotericism, and I was checking some information of the chackras because I have felt that in some parts of the body some physical sensations, I hope that something is starting to be fixed there, and also super interesting about spinning.

I have a question, it happened to me when in the first part, sitting on a chair practicing pipe breathing, in a relaxed state and my body started to turn in circles, it was moving quite a lot as if I was doing it intentionally, but no, I did not make any conscious movement to make it happen.
I'm not sure what you mean by 'turn in circles'. Did you mean you were rocking in a a kind of spiral motion while you were sitting? I've had that happen occasionally. I took it to mean I was releasing some sort tension deeper in my body that I wasn't aware of, because I would feel especially relaxed afterward. Other times my head will "jiggle" almost imperceptibly at the top of my neck. I can carry a lot of tension there.

Unless it's really disruptive to your practice, maybe just say to yourself "Oh, that's interesting."and carry on, while letting your body do its thing. :guru:

I'm not sure what you mean by 'turn in circles'. Did you mean you were rocking in a a kind of spiral motion while you were sitting? I've had that happen occasionally. I took it to mean I was releasing some sort tension deeper in my body that I wasn't aware of, because I would feel especially relaxed afterward. Other times my head will "jiggle" almost imperceptibly at the top of my neck. I can carry a lot of tension there.

Unless it's really disruptive to your practice, maybe just say to yourself "Oh, that's interesting."and carry on, while letting your body do its thing. :guru:
thanks herondancer for commenting, this happens to me, more like you mention; "rocking in a a kind of spiral motion while you were sitting"", I have seen some information on the internet, but honestly I don't know which one could be correct, interesting, basically what resonated with me the most was to observe what happens when meditating, let it go as it comes, i.e. not to remain attached to "sensations", mainly I started EE because I felt a lot of stress and I believe in your guidance I'm going to check out all this thread as much as possible and maybe see more information about meditation in general, I feel very new to this.
:guru:🤣

thanks herondancer for commenting, this happens to me, more like you mention; "rocking in a a kind of spiral motion while you were sitting"", I have seen some information on the internet, but honestly I don't know which one could be correct, interesting, basically what resonated with me the most was to observe what happens when meditating, let it go as it comes, i.e. not to remain attached to "sensations", mainly I started EE because I felt a lot of stress and I believe in your guidance I'm going to check out all this thread as much as possible and maybe see more information about meditation in general, I feel very new to this.
:guru:🤣
Hi Jess. I know exactly what you are referring to! I've had this happen to me many many times back during my Qi Gong days. Here is my experience with this.

During a (sitting) Qi Gong practice, sometimes it would be just my neck that would rotate (in either direction) but most of the time it would be complete upper body like in the video, but usually much wider circles. Sometimes when it was just my neck, it would start out slowly and speed up, and then stop at a certain point and would hold there and give a good stretch to the muscles or my throat, and then would move very slowly to stretch the rest of my neck, then stop on the opposite side and stretch some more for awhile then sometimes go back continuing to stretch or just continue the rotating. If it was my torso, it would do the same. It would create wide circles and sometimes stop me and stretch my sides or (the ones I really hated) would lay me out on my back but keep me from going completely down and leave me there. I understood it to mean that I needed to work on my abdominal muscles. Needless to say, I didn't last very long in that position!

During our Qi Gong group practices, we sat on stools without arms or a back because stools were cheep, and that this was well known to happen. Our instructor even built a special stool for himself that would rotate (like sitting on a lazy susan) because, as he told us, the Qi wanted to move him in a 'spinning' motion, and during the practice, he would spin slowly in one direction or another (he used his feet to move himself, btw, in whatever direction he could feel he needed to go). It happened to many of us there.

I've even felt it myself during the EE practice but because of the movements of the practice I don't allow myself to 'listen' to it.

When it happened back in the day, I wasn't moving myself... well, I'm wasn't 'willing' my body to move. I felt a 'force?', 'energy?', 'gravitational field?' subtly 'push/pulling' me in a direction and in order for it to have an effect, I would have to move my body in tune with its direction until it became strong enough that I didn't have to exert much effort. It was kinda self sustaining but only as long as I kept practising the breathing. There was a mental aspect to it too that if I 'followed the feeling' it stopped. I could also end it whenever I wanted.

I don't know why this happens and I can't really remember the answers that were given at the Qi Gong class so I won't muddy the waters here guessing at a conclusion. However, I would like to make an possible link in another way. I remember reading about the beginnings of Laura's communications with the C's where the 'pointing device' would make endless circles on the board. When she inquired about this the answer was something like 'building energy'. I wonder if these experiences are of a similar explanation? I also wonder if it may have something to do with 'balancing'?

From what I have been told and experienced myself, it's harmless. It may be uncomfortable but from my memory the only danger people got into was when they fell off their stool from moving so fast sometimes, but even that was rare because they usually stopped it before it got out of control (with the side affect of feeling quite dizzy after the abrupt end). I've never heard a report of someone seriously injuring themselves from this. It doesn't seem to 'work that way' as if it knows one's limits but might still push them a bit, at least, that is my experience with this. I'd say if it happens, great. If it doesn't, great. It's still the practice that matters. :-D Hope this helps!

I could also end it whenever I wanted.
I forgot to add something. I don't want to give the impression that it only ended because I ended it, because that isn't true. I usually stopped it because I wanted to 'get on with my practice', 'it was taking too long', 'it was distracting/annoying', 'it made me work/was too much work' and all sorts of other excuses. But there were a few times that I 'let it ride' not knowing if it would ever end. Well, it did end on its own. In the few times I let it, it would abruptly slow the rotation, the spirals would become tighter returning me to my original seated upright position in less then one complete rotation, and that would be the end of it. Usually took a long time (30-60 mins? I can't really remember. It might be that the more I 'fought it' the longer it would take to complete, maybe.) but at the end I would feel pretty good. I remember one time I followed it through to the end and was just sitting on the edge of my bed feeling quite calm but energized at the same time. I also felt as if I was wearing a thin coat of 'yellowy/orangey energy' which disappeared after awhile.

When this rotation motion happened (and it didn't always happen), I could always choose to participate in this 'additional exercise' or not, and for it to 'be effective' I would have to be 'passively active' about it. It's a horrible description but I don't really have a better way to describe it.

One last note. Most of the time I would 'pivot' in a counter-clockwise direction but this wasn't exclusive.

Back
Top Bottom