Inuit Elders: "Earth has shifted"

Noticed it down in NZ also. I am fair & get sunburn readily even in cloudy weather. I can't stand in the sun any more - have to find shade & we are in early Autumn.

I recently pulled out an old photo taken with my first camera - an old box brownie donated by an Aunt when I was about 9. The sky was as I remember it as a child - deep blue in mid summer. This past summer the sky was much paler even on a cloudless day. I would be interested to hear if anyone else has photos from decades ago who can check. Note that file development was old style back then. My photos from the 70's-80's are faded brown & fuzzy. :cry:

If we are currently going through a debris field (comets anyone?) then couldn't that also be affecting the sun with more "fuel"?
It is possible that not only is the sun hotter, but the decrease in BBM atmosphere depth is combining to produce such a noticeable effect despite the efforts of the chemtrail crews to apply a filter? And if rotation has slowed even a little bit, we are staying in the rays a little longer also.

And continuing the NZ weather theme, we had no summer in Northland until January, December, normally a hot month was cold and wet. The tomato crop, usually in full bloom early December did not start until mid January. The strawberry crop was a non event. And the hens laying has been all over the show, they laid through winter (most bizarre) and have dropped right off in Summer, normally their most productive time. Definitely weird.

Clarification: the old photo was taken approx 1969. Old style "film" development predated the 70's-80's when we used film cartridges (?) that got developed by a machine.
Seems like a long time ago now :shock:

Silveryblue said:
[...]
This past summer the sky was much paler even on a cloudless day.
[...]

My grandmother was born just after the civil war down the mountain hollers of eastern Kentucky. 5 miles deep off the beaten path, way back in time it seemed.

Beginning at the age of 13 she had 18 children. Being a brimstone and fire southern baptist she could neither read nor write but boy-o-boy would she paraphrase the new testament. She called the old testament a Jew bible. I wish I had the brains to write down the folklore and home remedies and such :cry:

Anyway, one thing she used to say over and over is that someday the sky is going to be white and that is a sign of the coming of BeeGeeBus...
:shock: :shock: :shock:

edit:line break paragraphs for easier reading...

@cope

Living in Montréal, for the past three summers, when the sun first comes out strong, i have had stinging sensation on my skin for the first 2 to 5 exposures. Enough to ask other people if they felt it too??? Fwiw

Avala said:
Or the atmosphere really is thinner, which leaves us with less radiation protection. This also would correspond to the increased air plane contrails, popular “chemtrails”.

Where I am in the Caribbean, i don"t feel a change in how the sun feels to my skin compared to a couple of years ago.
Could it be that maybe because of this stuff, that forms these chemtrails that occur in America, your skin has become more sensitive? That it's not the sun that has changed but that it has something to do with your skin?

Just a thought. Since we have so much sun all year round in this area and no change that we noticed-or perhaps we just haven't noticed... :cool:

Laura said:
So far, the sun, moon, planets, stars, all are located where they should be. The sun rises and sets where it should, etc. and at the times it should.

But still, like others, I have the overwhelming feeling that something is really off.

I too use an astronomy program to identify things in the night sky and determine sun rise/set times and locations, and it shows no corroborating evidence for the Inuit claims. But, I like to stretch out on the bed to do most of my book reading. The bedroom has a south facing window and in the winter when the the sun's path is at its southernmost, the light through the window in the late afternoon used to shine directly in my face, causing me to close the shutters in order to be able to read without the blinding rays directly in my eyes. This winter, however, the suns rays seemed to be coming from a slightly higher angle and did not quite reach across the room to where my favorite reading position is. I have been pondering this phenomena for the past few months.

Something is off.

Rabelais said:
Laura said:
So far, the sun, moon, planets, stars, all are located where they should be. The sun rises and sets where it should, etc. and at the times it should.

But still, like others, I have the overwhelming feeling that something is really off.

I too use an astronomy program to identify things in the night sky and determine sun rise/set times and locations, and it shows no corroborating evidence for the Inuit claims. But, I like to stretch out on the bed to do most of my book reading. The bedroom has a south facing window and in the winter when the the sun's path is at its southernmost, the light through the window in the late afternoon used to shine directly in my face, causing me to close the shutters in order to be able to read without the blinding rays directly in my eyes. This winter, however, the suns rays seemed to be coming from a slightly higher angle and did not quite reach across the room to where my favorite reading position is. I have been pondering this phenomena for the past few months.

Something is off.

Well , the cause for the slightly higher angle of the sun rays could be the change in the angle of the Earth Axis rotation. Just a small change in that angle can change the angle of the sunrays.

Or , some changes in the atmosphere can act as a magnifying mirror so the refraction of the light is different and the angle of the sun rays is then different.

I've followed this topic from its start and all the time I've been observing, comparing, thinking and searching for clues.

Now I've come to this hypothesis (more of a hunch, really): due to increased dust loads in the upper atmosphere (volcanic, meteoritic, out-gassing, etc.) the incoming sun rays are filtered in such a way that the (infra-)red part of the spectrum of visible light is dampened, scattered or blurred while on the other hand the (ultra-)violet part is getting emphasized. Hence an apparently brighter and whiter sunlight which can do more damage to sensitive skins even in shorter exposure times.

So my main explanation would be: specific differences in filtering compared to five or ten years earlier.

That's not to preclude or exclude other phenomena due to electrical discharge between our sun and its supposed companion, or whatever else.

FWIW.

Palinurus said:
I've followed this topic from its start and all the time I've been observing, comparing, thinking and searching for clues.

Now I've come to this hypothesis (more of a hunch, really): due to increased dust loads in the upper atmosphere (volcanic, meteoritic, out-gassing, etc.) the incoming sun rays are filtered in such a way that the (infra-)red part of the spectrum of visible light is dampened, scattered or blurred while on the other hand the (ultra-)violet part is getting emphasized. Hence an apparently brighter and whiter sunlight which can do more damage to sensitive skins even in shorter exposure times.

So my main explanation would be: specific differences in filtering compared to five or ten years earlier.

That's not to preclude or exclude other phenomena due to electrical discharge between our sun and its supposed companion, or whatever else.

FWIW.

Yup. Something is going on. I was out a bit today and the sun definitely feels different. It's like needles. And it's not golden and glowing, it's glaring and penetrating.

I'll be doing more comparing with my astronomy program.

Good summary palinurus.
But would dust not do the opposite?
I am partial to a conciousness-technical reason.

Maybe there is a spectral shift upwards, rather than a filtering.
Maybe that would point to an greater EM fieldstrenght, wich accelerates.
Or point a a slowing of time itself, for us, in our experience?

cope said:
Good summary palinurus.
But would dust not do the opposite?
I am partial to a conciousness-technical reason.

cope said:
Maybe there is a spectral shift upwards, rather than a filtering.
Maybe that would point to an greater EM fieldstrenght, wich accelerates.
Or point a a slowing of time itself, for us, in our experience?

Hi cope,

All other things being equal (which is indeed a massive assumption in this case), the filtering seems to be the most simple mechanism (Occam's razor) to explain what we, e. g. the Inuit Elders, observe nowadays. Given the size of the dust particles, I thought it reasonable to hypothesize that lower wave lengths --which means slower vibrations-- would be more affected by them than higher wave lengths. Think of a sieve with given hole size: everything smaller falls through. This explanation doesn't need the sun itself to be behaving in any way differently than before.

A spectral shift --if possible at all-- does need further explaining as to how it would have happened !

Nevertheless, I'm open to any and all other suggestions if viable. ;)

I have felt those sun pricks too. Earlier this week after being in the sun for about 10 minutes, it felt like little electrical currents were activated in my skin, little "sun flares" shooting out of the pores. It was actually a scary experience, becoming aware that there are hundreds of little pots boiling in your skin. Since then I stroll in the sun for only a few minutes before keeping to the shade.

Could it be air pollution settling down on the skin when outside, then the toxic stuff reacts when the sun’s rays heat it up?

Or could last year's sun flip have anything to do with this? Maybe the flip is still sending out electrical currents, ripples that some of us under certain conditions become aware of as prickling skin? I don't know. I'm out of my depth here, but also wondering what’s going on with the skin when in the sun.

Here is an article about the sun flip before it happened. The second article was written after the flip. The articles mention that cosmic rays are also affected by a flip and that "some researchers say they [the cosmic rays] might affect the cloudiness and climate of Earth" – could that be a reason for the whiter sun people are noticing? The second article also mentions a possible Little Ice Age coming.

FWIW.

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2013/05aug_fieldflip/

The Sun's Magnetic Field is about to Flip

August 5, 2013: Something big is about to happen on the sun. According to measurements from NASA-supported observatories, the sun's vast magnetic field is about to flip.

"It looks like we're no more than 3 to 4 months away from a complete field reversal," says solar physicist Todd Hoeksema of Stanford University. "This change will have ripple effects throughout the solar system."

The sun's magnetic field changes polarity approximately every 11 years. It happens at the peak of each solar cycle as the sun's inner magnetic dynamo re-organizes itself. The coming reversal will mark the midpoint of Solar Cycle 24. Half of 'Solar Max' will be behind us, with half yet to come.

Hoeksema is the director of Stanford's Wilcox Solar Observatory, one of the few observatories in the world that monitor the sun's polar magnetic fields. The poles are a herald of change. Just as Earth scientists watch our planet's polar regions for signs of climate change, solar physicists do the same thing for the sun. Magnetograms at Wilcox have been tracking the sun's polar magnetism since 1976, and they have recorded three grand reversals—with a fourth in the offing.

Solar physicist Phil Scherrer, also at Stanford, describes what happens: "The sun's polar magnetic fields weaken, go to zero, and then emerge again with the opposite polarity. This is a regular part of the solar cycle."

A reversal of the sun's magnetic field is, literally, a big event. The domain of the sun's magnetic influence (also known as the "heliosphere") extends billions of kilometers beyond Pluto. Changes to the field's polarity ripple all the way out to the Voyager probes, on the doorstep of interstellar space.
When solar physicists talk about solar field reversals, their conversation often centers on the "current sheet." The current sheet is a sprawling surface jutting outward from the sun's equator where the sun's slowly-rotating magnetic field induces an electrical current. The current itself is small, only one ten-billionth of an amp per square meter (0.0000000001 amps/m2), but there’s a lot of it: the amperage flows through a region 10,000 km thick and billions of kilometers wide. Electrically speaking, the entire heliosphere is organized around this enormous sheet.

During field reversals, the current sheet becomes very wavy. Scherrer likens the undulations to the seams on a baseball. As Earth orbits the sun, we dip in and out of the current sheet. Transitions from one side to another can stir up stormy space weather around our planet.

Cosmic rays are also affected. These are high-energy particles accelerated to nearly light speed by supernova explosions and other violent events in the galaxy. Cosmic rays are a danger to astronauts and space probes, and some researchers say they might affect the cloudiness and climate of Earth. The current sheet acts as a barrier to cosmic rays, deflecting them as they attempt to penetrate the inner solar system. A wavy, crinkly sheet acts as a better shield against these energetic particles from deep space.

As the field reversal approaches, data from Wilcox show that the sun's two hemispheres are out of synch.

"The sun's north pole has already changed sign, while the south pole is racing to catch up," says Scherrer. "Soon, however, both poles will be reversed, and the second half of Solar Max will be underway."

When that happens, Hoeksema and Scherrer will share the news with their colleagues and the public.

Stay tuned to Science@NASA for updates.
Credits:
Author:Dr. Tony Phillips| Production editor: Dr. Tony Phillips | Credit: Science@NASA

FOLLOW UP:

http://rt.com/news/sun-upside-down-flip-990/

Sun ‘flips upside down’ while reversing magnetic poles
Published time: December 31, 2013 00:07
Edited time: January 01, 2014 12:09

The sun has undergone a “complete field reversal,” with its north and south poles changing places as it marks the midpoint of Solar Cycle 24.
“A reversal of the sun's magnetic field is, literally, a big event,” NASA’s Dr. Tony Phillips said in a statement issued on the space agency’s website. “The sun's polar magnetic fields weaken, go to zero and then emerge again with the opposite polarity. This is a regular part of the solar cycle,” Stanford solar physicist Phil Scherrer explained. While it may seem like the event could have catastrophic repercussions for the galaxy, its effects are actually more subtle, mostly interfering with space exploration. “Cosmic rays are a danger to astronauts and space probes, and some researchers say they might affect the cloudiness and climate of Earth,” said Phillips. Both the aurora borealis and its southern counterpart - the australis - are set to become broader, more frequent, and more visible now that the event has reached its final stage.

The process has been slow and steady, with solar physicist Todd Hoeksama telling Metro: “It’s kind of like a tide coming in or going out. Each little wave brings a little more water in, and eventually you get to the full reversal.”

Scherrer explained earlier in December that “the sun's north pole has already changed sign, while the South Pole is racing to catch up.”

The impact of the process has been extremely far-reaching.

“The domain of the sun's magnetic influence (also known as the 'heliosphere') extends billions of kilometers beyond Pluto. Changes to the field's polarity ripple all the way out to the Voyager probes, on the doorstep of interstellar space,” Phillips explained.

NASA has released a visualization of how the switch occurs. Beginning in 1997 and ending in 2013, it shows the green (positive) polarity switching with the purple (negative) polarity.

Solar Cycle 24 has been viewed as quite unpredictable. First, it came late by about a year, with extremely low activity recorded throughout 2009. This prompted astronomers to shift a predicted 2012 peak to 2013. Scientists say the cycle is already among the weakest reported and if the trend continues, the Earth might see another Little Ice Age.

Image 1: The sun's magnetic field gearing up to shift, a once in 11 year event, according to NASA officials. Credit: NASA

Image 2: The spiraling current sheet - see an animation of the current sheet, also known as the 'ballerina skirt effect', at http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2003/22apr_currentsheet/

Attachments

• 1.solar-max-polarity.jpg
    1.solar-max-polarity.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 156
  • 2.helio-sheet.jpg
    2.helio-sheet.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 155
Back
Top Bottom