Iodine and Potassium Iodide

That's cool, Mr. Premise! Maybe it has something to do with iodine making our will stronger?

Mr. Premise said:
I think I may have found the weirdest benefit to the iodine protocol. I had mild fear of heights. It was something that got worse as I got older. Today I have been staying at an Embassy Suites hotel. They have a large courtyard in the middle with glass elevators. These elevators used to give me the willies to where I would turn away from the glass and look down. Today I could look out the glass with no problem going up to the seventh floor. Also, I was on the 9th floor of an office building and the office has those floor to ceiling windows that used to give me real problems but today I could look straight down with no problem. The only thing I could think of that changed is two months on the iodine protocol.

I reckon that one should go down in the book of unusual but pretty awesome effects of iodine! :rockon:

Lilou said:
That's cool, Mr. Premise! Maybe it has something to do with iodine making our will stronger?
I don't know. It feels more physiological than psychological. I'm thinking that if these kinds of phobias get worse as you get older it could be a side effect of rejuvenating the brain. At least I hope that's what's happening!

I've attached a picture from the elevator.

Attachments

• IMG_1260.JPG
    IMG_1260.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 301
I had this article open saying that there is a connection between Lyme's disease and Morgelllon's. Monotonic pointed out that iodine was effective against Lyme's disease and asked me to link to it here.

http://www.sott.net/article/156550-The-Facts-Behind-The-Medical-Mystery-Of-Morgellons
San Francisco Doctor Raphael Stricker has been researching the condition and thinks he may have an explanation.

"What we have found is there is a plant bacteria that is often found in the lesions that these patients have and we think that this plant bacteria may be involved in the cause of the disease," said Dr. Stricker.

Dr. Stricker says his patients have one thing in common.

"These patients tend to have exposure to soil or dirt or some sort of plant life," said Dr. Stricker.

But exactly how is the plant bacteria getting into their systems?

Dr. Stricker believes it could be ticks.

"We know that ticks can carry something like 40 different bacteria and so it is possible the ticks are picking up the plant bacteria and transmitting it along with the Lyme Disease infecting people through their bite," said Dr. Stricker.

In a recent study of Morgellons patients, 43 out of 44 of them tested positive for Lyme Disease.

"Very often when patients get treated for the Lyme Disease the Morgellons also gets better. So it does suggest that antibiotic treatment is useful for this disease," said Dr. Stricker.

But an antibiotic treatment is not a miracle cure.
Iodine, on the other hand... ;)

Thebull
My current supplement routine is as follows
When I wake up salt water 1/4 to 1/2 a teaspoon in warm water
Light breakfast
1 or two hours later iodine in water. I put the drops in a small amount of water a quarter of a glass. 2 to 6 drops 2 drops since my last post
1 to 2 hours later heaped spoonful of vitaman c (absorbic acid)
Late afternoon early evening - Selenium x2 100 mcg tablet, vitaman d,
added Chlorella I've been taking 6 x 500 mg tablets a day for the last week, at 3 intervals throughout the day
1 - 1.5 mg of liquid ionic magnesium before bed

I thought I'd post as I've really struggled over the last week. my feeling is I've actually started making a difference with the protocol but after reading other people's reactions I'm going real slow.
About a week ago I added the Chlorella to my routine but ive stayed on 2 drops of my 15% Lugols.
Last week on Tuesday or Wednesday it was like something flicked a switch in me that activated some of my little i's. It came more prevalent as the week went by and I started to disassociate and switch off been barely myself, though I still was working during this period, at home it was like I'd gone back in time 20 years and I'd just switched off completely.

On Saturday I was all over the place I can't explain how I felt internally as so much was going on. I don't know if the right words would be my pain body was activated. The symptoms were physical as well aching, extreme fatigue at times I could barely keep my eyes open. Felt the same up to Monday and I stopped taking the iodine but have continued with the rest of the protocol.

Tuesday the cold has started my nose was running uncontrollably by evening though I had started to feel slightly better Still with the runny nose. I would think this is a sign of detox taking effect once the cold clears il begin taking iodine again one drop a day.

Thebull said:
I thought I'd post as I've really struggled over the last week. my feeling is I've actually started making a difference with the protocol but after reading other people's reactions I'm going real slow.
About a week ago I added the Chlorella to my routine but ive stayed on 2 drops of my 15% Lugols.
Last week on Tuesday or Wednesday it was like something flicked a switch in me that activated some of my little i's. It came more prevalent as the week went by and I started to disassociate and switch off been barely myself, though I still was working during this period, at home it was like I'd gone back in time 20 years and I'd just switched off completely.

On Saturday I was all over the place I can't explain how I felt internally as so much was going on. I don't know if the right words would be my pain body was activated. The symptoms were physical as well aching, extreme fatigue at times I could barely keep my eyes open. Felt the same up to Monday and I stopped taking the iodine but have continued with the rest of the protocol.

Tuesday the cold has started my nose was running uncontrollably by evening though I had started to feel slightly better Still with the runny nose. I would think this is a sign of detox taking effect once the cold clears il begin taking iodine again one drop a day.

Sure sounds like detox!
Given the symptoms you describe followed by getting a cold, it may be a heavy metal detox. Have you tried the DMSA or EDTA protocols?
You may want to move the vitamin C to around 4pm (6-7 hours after the lugols) as vitamin C cancels out the iodine.
Keep us posted :)

RedFox said:
Thebull said:

Sure sounds like detox!
Given the symptoms you describe followed by getting a cold, it may be a heavy metal detox. Have you tried the DMSA or EDTA protocols?
You may want to move the vitamin C to around 4pm (6-7 hours after the lugols) as vitamin C cancels out the iodine.
Keep us posted :)
Thanks Redfox I haven't tried the DMSA or EDTA protocols and was hoping not to.

I've never really taken supplements before and I suppose I'm well out of my comfort zone with what I'm doing now. I'll look into it has I've had a runny nose really since I started taking the iodine its just been more severe over the last week.

Just a note to add I've just bought the detoxification and healing book. I think more education on my part is needed and knowledge is key here.

Hey guys, just wanted to give a little update. So last week I developed these small swollen bumps on one of my finger. I'm sure it was mentioned before in the thread by chu and someone else and I believe Gaby called them Heberden’s nodes (if I'm not mistaken). Mine began developing all over my right hand's ring finger 3 days after starting the iodine at 2 drops of a 2% solution.

For the most part, my finger just felt a little sore but no visual signs of anything, until the 4th day I woke up my finger completely inflamed with these little nodes. I immediately stopped the iodine and waited for the swelling to go down which was relatively fast. They were gone in two days. The third day I started the iodine again and lo and behold, 2 days in, they came back with a vengeance!! Instead of it being on one finger, they were all over my hand.

That same morning I awoken with the newly developed nodes, I felt completely sick to my stomach. I just knew I had to skip the iodine for a little.

I haven't re-started the iodine although I'm still taking my co-factors and saline solution. I'm thinking I might have to do some pulse dosing, maybe 1 day on and 2 days off until this little guys stop showing up.

---------

Hope everyone else is doing okay! Chao

Solie said:
Hey guys, just wanted to give a little update. So last week I developed these small swollen bumps on one of my finger. I'm sure it was mentioned before in the thread by chu and someone else and I believe Gaby called them Heberden’s nodes (if I'm not mistaken).

I was clarifying that they were NOT Heberden's nodes. Those come after years of inflammation in the joints.

It does sound like "bromoderma" lesions. People who are having flare-ups of acne-like and node-like lesions should keep this one in mind. It can also be a bug.

Continuing with iodine without allowing a clearance of the toxins will make it worse. Once the lesions disappear, doing pulse therapy is preferable.

I couldn't take iodine more than twice per week due to detox symptoms. Now I'm doing it on alternative days and are starting to notice more benefits.

Hope your lesions clear up soon!

Thebull said:
Just a note to add I've just bought the detoxification and healing book. I think more education on my part is needed and knowledge is key here.

That book is a good reference choice. It is highly enjoyable.

Keep in mind that the DMSA protocol he explains can be simplified to one dose (100-200mg) every two nights. As explained by Richard Horowitz in "Why Can't I Get Better", Lyme patients with multiple co-infections and multiple treatments tolerate that dose just fine.

Gaby said:
It does sound like "bromoderma" lesions. People who are having flare-ups of acne-like and node-like lesions should keep this one in mind. It can also be a bug.

I think I might have these "bromoderma" or "ioderma" things. For several weeks I've had small red itchy bumps appear mostly on my lower leg/ankle area, but also a bit higher at times. I usually scratch them bloody. It's kind of strange that more than 6 weeks after stopping iodine I would still be getting them. They also seem to associated with anxiety episodes.

Joe said:
Gaby said:

I think I might have these "bromoderma" or "ioderma" things. For several weeks I've had small red itchy bumps appear mostly on my lower leg/ankle area, but also a bit higher at times. I usually scratch them bloody. It's kind of strange that more than 6 weeks after stopping iodine I would still be getting them. They also seem to associated with anxiety episodes.

I had the same issues. I stopped the iodine for a while and they stopped appearing. I scratched one on my foot till it broke the skin too. After starting the iodine again at only 1 drop of 12%, I haven't had any issues like this come up again.

Mr. Premise said:
I think I may have found the weirdest benefit to the iodine protocol. I had mild fear of heights. It was something that got worse as I got older. Today I have been staying at an Embassy Suites hotel. They have a large courtyard in the middle with glass elevators. These elevators used to give me the willies to where I would turn away from the glass and look down. Today I could look out the glass with no problem going up to the seventh floor. Also, I was on the 9th floor of an office building and the office has those floor to ceiling windows that used to give me real problems but today I could look straight down with no problem. The only thing I could think of that changed is two months on the iodine protocol.

That's pretty awesome, Mr. Premise. I have a fear of heights myself. I look forward to seeing if the iodine remedies the situation. :)

Gaby said:
kalibex said:
Chris Kresser doth say (_http://chriskresser.com/iodine-for-hypothyroidism-like-gasoline-on-a-fire/_):

"...increased iodine intake, especially in supplement form, can increase the autoimmune attack on the thyroid. Iodine reduces the activity of an enzyme called thyroid peroxidase (TPO). TPO is required for proper thyroid hormone production.

"On the other hand, restricting intake of iodine can reverse hypothyroidism. In one study, 78% of patients with Hashimoto’s regained normal thyroid function with iodine restriction alone.

"However—and this is a big “however”— it appears that iodine may only pose a problem for people with Hashimoto’s and other autoimmune thyroid diseases in the presence of concurrent selenium deficiency."

Dr. Brownstein does provide convincing evidence that the first two paragraphs from Kresser's text are myopic. It is more complex than that and it seems iodine can resolve these autoimmune conditions.

I did a blood test recently and just got the results. It's all good except for the Thyroid peroxidase antibody (TPOAb) test. My results say 32 IU/mL, while the local lab's top normal is 30 IU/mL. So according to the lab, my result is a bit elevated. But on the internet it says that the norm is less than 35 IU/mL. So is it really elevated?

In any case, I guess that one drop a day of 2% Lugol isn't going to hurt, right? I am not planning on increasing it any time soon anyway. And I also take selenium every time I take NAC twice a day (it's by NOW company, that also has molybdenum).

Back
Top Bottom