Iodine and Potassium Iodide

Just a note of caution when using clay internally, my experience with it was that after few months of use ( the recommendation was to drink the water in which green clay was sitting over night every morning for 3 months) I developed several kidney stones and ended up at the emergency in excruciating pains. Wouldn't recommend this experience to anyone ;) Luckily was able to resolve it with just few doses of Boswellia tree resin when all the conventional medication failed,

Z said:
Just a note of caution when using clay internally, my experience with it was that after few months of use ( the recommendation was to drink the water in which green clay was sitting over night every morning for 3 months) I developed several kidney stones and ended up at the emergency in excruciating pains. Wouldn't recommend this experience to anyone ;) Luckily was able to resolve it with just few doses of Boswellia tree resin when all the conventional medication failed,

Thanks for the warning Z, that sounds nasty. Chlorella, possibly followed later by charcoal, should be enough.

Carl said:
Z said:

Thanks for the warning Z, that sounds nasty. Chlorella, possibly followed later by charcoal, should be enough.

Yeah. Sounds about right for me. I never had much success taking clay type stuff.

But I think that the "three stage progression" sounds reasonable especially for those who have had some serious reactions to detoxing metals via iodine!!!

Also note that DMSO is a great metals detoxer - prolly much better than garlic!

Laura said:
Yeah. Sounds about right for me. I never had much success taking clay type stuff.

But I think that the "three stage progression" sounds reasonable especially for those who have had some serious reactions to detoxing metals via iodine!!!

Also note that DMSO is a great metals detoxer - prolly much better than garlic!

That does make sense. I suppose the 3 stage progression comes into play a lot with DMSO, more so than other "stage 3" agents or chelators such as DMSA.

My understanding is that DMSO crosses pretty much any membrane and also lets other substances piggyback onto it. So if you took it orally, you would want to make sure "Stage 1" was complete and you didn't have loads of toxins waiting around in your gut to be re-absorbed.

FYI the IMD product talked about in the Mercola article is available for sale to the public, though I'd wanna do a lot more research about the claims, considering the price tag.
http://www.proactivehealthcare.co.uk/quicksilver-scientific-imd-intestinal-cleanse-6g-c2x13367146

Z said:

To add another word of caution with the internal use of clay: I once took clay and chlorella during the same day and it seemed to turn into some kind of cement in my intestines. I was pretty concerned and it was definitely not fun, so I personally would recommend using caution to anyone thinking of using clay and chlorella at the same time, or just use one of the two and avoid mixing all together. I have the same concern with mixing clay and activated charcoal, however I'm not sure if that would cause the same issue.

As well, overall, I found charcoal and chlorella to generally be more effective for me than clay and haven't had any trouble mixing the two of them.

Foxx said:
Z said:

To add another word of caution with the internal use of clay: I once took clay and chlorella during the same day and it seemed to turn into some kind of cement in my intestines. I was pretty concerned and it was definitely not fun, so I personally would recommend using caution to anyone thinking of using clay and chlorella at the same time, or just use one of the two and avoid mixing all together. I have the same concern with mixing clay and activated charcoal, however I'm not sure if that would cause the same issue.

As well, overall, I found charcoal and chlorella to generally be more effective for me than clay and haven't had any trouble mixing the two of them.

I've been taking a mixture of zeolite clay and chlorella for several weeks, but haven't noticed anything major. Usually I'll take a teaspoon of both about 4 times a week, often less. I've had kidney stones before, so I know I'm at greater risk. I'll be sure to use the clay more sparingly and make sure I'm drinking lots of water to avoid revisiting that painful ordeal. Also, maybe adding some activated charcoal into the rotation. Thanks for the warnings guys!

A Jay said:
I've been taking a mixture of zeolite clay and chlorella for several weeks, but haven't noticed anything major. Usually I'll take a teaspoon of both about 4 times a week, often less. I've had kidney stones before, so I know I'm at greater risk. I'll be sure to use the clay more sparingly and make sure I'm drinking lots of water to avoid revisiting that painful ordeal. Also, maybe adding some activated charcoal into the rotation. Thanks for the warnings guys!

The zeolite clay may be different--I haven't tried taking it before. The clay I was taking at the time when I mixed the two was a Bentonite clay that was pre-mixed with water.

I've never had luck with the clay in the years past. I would become constipated, sometimes painful. Yes, I did soak it in the fridge for days- and drank it slowly. I guess it depends on individual digestion.

I had no problems with diamataceus (sp?) earth, but that is more powdery and light.

Laura, it may be the past use of DMSO internally that cleaned me up some where the iodine doesn't seem to cause the detox issues that others have. It's been a while using it consistently though. I only use it for injuries and in combination with SS KI (brought a big pimple/cyst down within a week!).

What kind of dosing have you seen work well with DMSO?

Laura said:
There's a new article on Mercola's site about metal detoxing that might be helpful for those trying to detox via iodine. http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/06/19/heavy-metal-detoxification.aspx

Thanks for sharing Laura.

I've found this bit quite interesting:

The chelating agent EDTA is a powerful biofilm breaker. When taken systemically it opens up biofilms throughout your body, revealing various organisms to your immune system. As a result, you may experience immune reactions. A lot of the fatigue that people feel when chelating is in fact due to immune reactions to organisms, and is reflective of systemic biofilm-based infections. According to Shade, "If you're not having success with detox, you need to go after microbial injections almost every time."

It is about EDTA, but I think the same could be extrapolated to different chelators. It could be one of the reasons why some people don't do well when they start a heavy metal detox and develop an immune reaction that could be an infection, for example. Maybe some people need to address the stealth infections before doing any metal chelation.

Of course, another reason is that the person's detoxing organs and pathways might no be working so well, but stealth infections could aggravate while taking iodine for chelation without addressing that first, right?

There are many factors that can make a person feel really bad when detoxing metals, so that's another reason to read as much as posible about the subject so that one can identify different reactions and find out what they might be signaling.

Concernant le DMSO, sur ce site : http://dmso-info.com/
J'ai lu que l'on pouvait commencer par 1/2 cuillère à café une fois par semaine :
"Dosage :
Pour la prise orale, la dose typique est d’une cuillère à café de DMSO à 70% par jour (Morton, 1993). Mais, étant donné que le DMSO peut provoquer des réactions à la détoxication et que son excrétion totale peut prendre plusieurs jours, il vaut mieux le prendre qu’une seule fois par semaine. Commencez avec une demi- cuillère à café de DMSO à 50% et augmentez les doses jusqu’à une cuillère à café entière de DMSO à 70% seulement si les réactions de détoxication sont bien tolérées."

Mais le produit à la vente est indiqué comme suit : "Qualité pharmaceutique 99,8% dans une bouteille en verre brun (250 ml / 8.45 fl oz) " et je ne vois donc pas DMSO à 50% à la vente...

Pourriez vous me dire ce que vous en pensez et quand le prendre pour ne pas faire d'interférence avec tout ceux que je prends déjà ?...
Directement au lever le matin : 3 grammes L-Arginine
1 heure après : ½ cuillère à café de sel marin Celtic dans un grand verre d'eau
Petit déjeuner : 2 cuillerées à café de Glycine qui adoucit mon thé
Directement avec le petit-déjeuner (bol de thé) : 1 comprimé super vitamine B complexe, 1 comprimé sélénium, Lugol 5 gouttes 12% dans un verre d'eau
1heure après 3 grammes L-Arginine
Directement après le déjeuner midi : Chardon-Marie 1 comprimé ou 1 comprimé de NAC
Dans l'après-midi : 1 cuillerée à café Vitamine C dans un verre d’eau
3 heures après avoir mangé le dernier repas de la journée : 3 grammes L-Arginine
Avant de dormir : magnésium 1 comprimé

Merci pour vos conseils.

Regarding DMSO on this site: http: // dmso-info. com /
I read that one could start with 1/2 teaspoon once a week:
'Dosage:
For oral administration, the typical dose is one teaspoon of DMSO 70% per day (Morton, 1993). But, since DMSO can cause reactions in the detoxification and its total excretion can take several days, it is better to take it only once a week. Start with half a teaspoon of DMSO 50% and increase the doses until a full teaspoon of DMSO 70% only if the detoxification reactions are well tolerated. '

But the product for sale is stated as follows: 'Pharmaceutical grade 99.8% in a brown glass bottle (250 ml / 45 fl oz 8.)' I do not see 50% DMSO for sale. . .

Could you tell me what you think and when to take for not interfering with everyone I am already taking?. . .
Directly up in the morning: 3 grams L-Arginine
1 hour after: ½ teaspoon of Celtic sea salt in a glass of water
Breakfast: 2 teaspoons of Glycine that softens my tea
Directly with breakfast (tea bowl): 1 super tablet vitamin B complex, selenium 1 tablet, Lugol 5 drops 12% in a glass of water
1 hour after 3 grams L-Arginine
Directly after lunch Afternoon: Thistle 1 tablet or 1 tablet of NAC
In the afternoon: 1 teaspoon Vitamin C in a glass of water
3 hours after eating the last meal of the day: 3 grams L-Arginine
Before sleep: 1 tablet Magnesium

Thanks for your advices.

Perlou, la façon d'obtenir le DMSO à 50% est d'ajouter à la bouteille de DMSO la même quantité d'eau distillée que vous pouvez acheter dans les pharmacies. Ainsi vous obtenez 50% de DMSO et 50% d'eau distillée. Evidemment il va falloir vous procurer une nouvelle bouteille vide en verre pour ce faire.

Perlou, the way you can get 50% DMSO is adding to the latter the same quantity of distilled water which is available in pharmacies. So you´ll get 50% DMSO and 50% distilled water. Of course you´ll want to get another empty glass bottle for this purpose.

Hey Perlou, j'ai testé le DMSO et c'est ultra puissant, j'ai un complexe émotionnel/physique démoniaque qui ressort vers mon foie et/ou gros intestin, et le DMSO n'a fait que me déchirer le ventre. J'ai arrêté et je suis en train de faire un lavement au café profond. Je pensais avoir un intestin plutôt nettoyé jusque là mais il se trouve que non, donc nettoie profondément les intestins.

Hey Perlou, I have tested DMSO and it's ultra powerful, I have an evil physical/emotional complex in my liver/colon and DMSO have just made things worse. I've stopped and I'm doing coffee enemas. I was thinking to have a pretty clean digestive apparatus but it seems not, so clean thoroughly the intestines.

http://www.drlwilson.com/ARTICLES/COFFEE%20ENEMA.HTM

http://www.drlwilson.com/articles/RETRACING.htm

Nico said:
Hey Perlou, j'ai testé le DMSO et c'est ultra puissant, j'ai un complexe émotionnel/physique démoniaque qui ressort vers mon foie et/ou gros intestin, et le DMSO n'a fait que me déchirer le ventre. J'ai arrêté et je suis en train de faire un lavement au café profond. Je pensais avoir un intestin plutôt nettoyé jusque là mais il se trouve que non, donc nettoie profondément les intestins.

Yeah, careful with DMSO. Some people really have a very bad detox reaction to oral DMSO. It is highly advisable for anyone experimenting with DMSO to make sure that there is someone else at home in case of dizziness or another reaction to DMSO.

It might not be necessarily a detox reaction, but dehydration. Drinking a LOT of water is highly advisable as DMSO can dehydrate the gastrointestinal cells.

Yas said:
It is about EDTA, but I think the same could be extrapolated to different chelators. It could be one of the reasons why some people don't do well when they start a heavy metal detox and develop an immune reaction that could be an infection, for example. Maybe some people need to address the stealth infections before doing any metal chelation.

Of course, another reason is that the person's detoxing organs and pathways might no be working so well, but stealth infections could aggravate while taking iodine for chelation without addressing that first, right?

There are many factors that can make a person feel really bad when detoxing metals, so that's another reason to read as much as posible about the subject so that one can identify different reactions and find out what they might be signaling.

I think EDTA is more commonly used for biofilm breaking and may have more of an effect in that regard. I haven't seen DMSA widely mentioned as helpful in biofilms. Also the dosages with DMSA are generally lower and more spaced out. Maybe avoiding EDTA is a good idea if you just want to tackle heavy metals first and foremost.

Gaby said:
Nico said:

Yeah, careful with DMSO. Some people really have a very bad detox reaction to oral DMSO. It is highly advisable for anyone experimenting with DMSO to make sure that there is someone else at home in case of dizziness or another reaction to DMSO.

It might not be necessarily a detox reaction, but dehydration. Drinking a LOT of water is highly advisable as DMSO can dehydrate the gastrointestinal cells.

Maybe garlic and MSM would suffice for sulfation. I'm still hesitant to try the DMSO internally.

Un grand merci à tous pour vos réponses qui m'effraient un peu...
Je crois que je vais attendre un peu avant de me lancer car je suis seule chez moi...
Mais je vais continuer mon régime habituel...

A big thank you to all for your answers that scare me a little. . .
I think I'll wait a bit before I started because I'm home alone. . .
But I will continue my regular diet. . .

Back
Top Bottom