Iodine and Potassium Iodide

Carl said:
Yas said:
It is about EDTA, but I think the same could be extrapolated to different chelators. It could be one of the reasons why some people don't do well when they start a heavy metal detox and develop an immune reaction that could be an infection, for example. Maybe some people need to address the stealth infections before doing any metal chelation.

Of course, another reason is that the person's detoxing organs and pathways might no be working so well, but stealth infections could aggravate while taking iodine for chelation without addressing that first, right?

There are many factors that can make a person feel really bad when detoxing metals, so that's another reason to read as much as posible about the subject so that one can identify different reactions and find out what they might be signaling.

I think EDTA is more commonly used for biofilm breaking and may have more of an effect in that regard. I haven't seen DMSA widely mentioned as helpful in biofilms. Also the dosages with DMSA are generally lower and more spaced out. Maybe avoiding EDTA is a good idea if you just want to tackle heavy metals first and foremost.

Seems you're right:

[quote author=https://www.researchgate.net/publication/11067306_Anti_microbial_activity_of_dimercaptosuccinic_acid_DMSA_a_new_chelating_agent]
Successful outcome of endodontic treatment depends on elimination of bacteria and their products present in the root canal. It has been reported that after careful chemicomechanical preparation, smear layer is formed on the walls of canal, which contains bacteria and their products. Chelating agents, when used during chemicomechanical preparation, remove the smear layer. DMSA--a new chelating agent, when used in root canals, removes the smear layer more than EDTA when used as irrigant in root canals. This study was conducted to determine whether DMSA has anti microbial activity and compare it with EDTA. The results show that EDTA (10% & 15%) had marked anti microbial activity, both on culture plates and in broth. DMSA (10% & 15%) did not show anti microbial activity on culture plates while in broth it had marked activity.[/quote]

Looks like DMSA is good for pulling metals but is not as good as EDTA for breaking up the biofilms themselves, if I'm reading this correctly.

Carl said:
Gaby said:
Nico said:
Hey Perlou, j'ai testé le DMSO et c'est ultra puissant, j'ai un complexe émotionnel/physique démoniaque qui ressort vers mon foie et/ou gros intestin, et le DMSO n'a fait que me déchirer le ventre. J'ai arrêté et je suis en train de faire un lavement au café profond. Je pensais avoir un intestin plutôt nettoyé jusque là mais il se trouve que non, donc nettoie profondément les intestins.

Yeah, careful with DMSO. Some people really have a very bad detox reaction to oral DMSO. It is highly advisable for anyone experimenting with DMSO to make sure that there is someone else at home in case of dizziness or another reaction to DMSO.

It might not be necessarily a detox reaction, but dehydration. Drinking a LOT of water is highly advisable as DMSO can dehydrate the gastrointestinal cells.

Maybe garlic and MSM would suffice for sulfation. I'm still hesitant to try the DMSO internally.
PERLOU said:
Un grand merci à tous pour vos réponses qui m'effraient un peu...
Je crois que je vais attendre un peu avant de me lancer car je suis seule chez moi...
Mais je vais continuer mon régime habituel...

A big thank you to all for your answers that scare me a little. . .
I think I'll wait a bit before I started because I'm home alone. . .
But I will continue my regular diet. . .

I make errors for you guys :/. So doing well with coffee edema, I decided to retry one teaspoon 50% DMSO internally today... I collapsed, right after being cut myself severly, I was "healing it consciously" focusing on the wound, and I start to fall on the ground, I awoke maybe a minute later. I didn't hurt me, it seems I had just lied on the floor, and was not very anxious. So I drink a lot, and let DMSO on the shelf.

My previous Plexus solar hurt, and right abdomen tenderness seems to match with the description of "Healing Crisis" made by Dr Wilson here, I have all 75% of unusual symptoms (just 3 hopefully) as I have also chest wall pain, and indeed, it may fake an heart attack :S. And it can last a year or more.
In the Dr Wilson article there are things to do for alleviate these reactions, in order to change Eiriu Eolas every day :).

^^ huhu, better to laugh about it. When I fell, I remember that I was still in the action of concentrating myself pushing the wound and trying to heal it, then I wake up gracefully on the floor : Thinking vs Reality. It very made me feel like an angel responded to my request of healing and took me in his arms, but for any reason I was not permitted to be conscious of the exchange. I said that because of the goodness I felt after collapsing, and because the blood in the wound coagulated so fast.

So I am a little dizzy and foggy but nothing very alarming, thank you for your concern, it soothes me :love:.

DMSO needs to be handled carefully and INTELLIGENTLY!

Only if there is a really good reason to think you want to try it, you should research it before you do!!!

And remember, REMEMBER, whatever you decide to do, start small and slow!!!

Nico, merci du partage de votre expérience qui est effrayante, j'espère que vous allez très vite allez de mieux en mieux...
Je ne vais pas m'acheter ce produit pour le moment car si je tombe je risque la chaise roulante ayant déjà fracturé ma colonne vertébrale deux fois en 1993 et 2003...
Merci Laura pour ce conseil judicieux de prudence, de faire des recherches approfondies avant de se lancer dans cette voie...

Nico, thank you for sharing your experience is frightening, I hope you will soon go better and better. . .
I will not buy me this product at the moment because if I fall I might wheelchair having already fractured my spine twice in 1993 and 2003. .
Laura thank you for the good counsel of prudence, do thorough research before embarking on this path. . .

Yes Mams ! There is the thinking of having doing ENOUGH research, and the testing where it goes bad. I thought have been careful enough, but maybe no intelligent. Thank you for the remembering bell !

Je réfléchis actuellement à faire une préparation à 50% d'eau distillée/DMSO (comme précisé par hesperides que je remercie) et commencer par une seule goutte dans un grand verre d'eau, une fois par semaine pour voir la réaction, je m'allongerai sur mon lit avant de le boire pour éviter tout risque de tomber, puis j'ajouterai 2 gouttes la semaine suivante toujours une fois par semaine et ainsi de suite...

I now think to make a preparation to 50% distilled / DMSO water (as specified by hesperides I thank) and start with one drop in a glass of water once a week to see the reaction, I m 'lengthen on my bed before drinking to avoid any risk of falling, then I will add 2 drops always the next week once a week and so on. . .

Oui c'est une bonne idée Perlou.
Je voudrais mettre à jour mon expérience, aujourd'hui j'ai fait Eiriu Eolas, et pendant la respiration cyclique j'ai ressenti la même sensation de vertige et perte de conscience. Je dois toujours avoir du DMSO dans le corps, mais le fait est que je n'en ai pas repris en plus. J'ai acquis cette capacité de dilater mes vaisseaux sanguins seulement par la concentration, et je pense qu'en conjonction avec le DMSO cette capacité s'est améliorée, au vu du fait que le DMSO provoque cette dilatation. Donc les problèmes arrivent quand je me concentre sur une zone de mon corps trop longtemps ou avec trop d'intensité. Une paix profonde envahie cette zone mais le reste du corps n'est plus irrigué, s'ensuit un rééquilibrage du sang et de la pression : vertiges et tourbillons.
Donc Perlou, une goutte de DMSO par semaine, allongée, et ne respire pas trop fort non plus (vu que ça dilate aussi les veines). :)

Yes it is a good idea Perlou.
I want to update my experience : today I did Éiriú Eolas and during cyclic breathing I felt the same sensation of dizziness and loss of consciousness. I always have DMSO in the body, but I have not taken more of it. I acquired this ability to dilate blood vessels only by concentration, and I think, in conjunction with DMSO, this ability has improved, given the fact that DMSO causes dilatation. So problems come when I focus on one area of my body too long or too intensely. A deep peace invades the area but the rest of the body is no longer irrigated, follows a rebalancing of blood pressure : dizziness and whirlpools.
So Perlou a drop of DMSO a week, laid down and not breathing too hard either (since it also dilates the veins). :)

PS: last we talk about DMSO in iodine thread, promise.

Hey,my first post on Iodine thread and my experience with it.I started taking Iodine in form of Lugol`s solution of 5% last June,so whole year. For five months was taking 1-3 drops daily and some days off.I was very all right with small dosses. I was
careful, and after session about Iodine and this topic I bravely raised dosage on 5 drops twice a day.It was middle or end of
November and after about ten days I had reaction like flu,no more than two days with temperature ,but for the first time of I
was 12 I could blow my nose completely and breathe normally after that.I have had sinus problems since I was 12 and can not
stand draft or strong wind,always have to put cap.That was actually cleaning process and after two week I was normal and
continued with that doses till March when lowered on 4 drops twice a day.Three weeks ago I had fly with strong dull headache
no nose dripping,so I doubled the dosage and first day was pretty OK, but next day second dose made me strong dizziness.I
took vit.C ,later salted water and in the evening I felt just lite dizzy but almost normal.Next day was off Iodine and after that continued with my normal dose of 4 drops twice a day.So when ill ,I can not take doubled dose,maybe just some more like
6 drops twice a day.
As someone said here,I felt more vigorous with low dose.
My daily schedule is : salted water in the morning,two hours later Iodine,selenium and zinc,two hours later vit.C- 1000mg, afternoon the same and the evening complex B vit. and magnesium-200mg.
I can not take more magnesium when I do, next day I get eye bags.
I haven`t taken DMSO yet,need to study more about it.

agirl said:
Hey,my first post on Iodine thread and my experience with it.I started taking Iodine in form of Lugol`s solution of 5% last June,so whole year. For five months was taking 1-3 drops daily and some days off.I was very all right with small dosses. I was
careful, and after session about Iodine and this topic I bravely raised dosage on 5 drops twice a day.It was middle or end of
November and after about ten days I had reaction like flu,no more than two days with temperature ,but for the first time of I
was 12 I could blow my nose completely and breathe normally after that.I have had sinus problems since I was 12 and can not
stand draft or strong wind,always have to put cap.That was actually cleaning process and after two week I was normal and
continued with that doses till March when lowered on 4 drops twice a day.Three weeks ago I had fly with strong dull headache
no nose dripping,so I doubled the dosage and first day was pretty OK, but next day second dose made me strong dizziness.I
took vit.C ,later salted water and in the evening I felt just lite dizzy but almost normal.Next day was off Iodine and after that continued with my normal dose of 4 drops twice a day.So when ill ,I can not take doubled dose,maybe just some more like
6 drops twice a day.
As someone said here,I felt more vigorous with low dose.
My daily schedule is : salted water in the morning,two hours later Iodine,selenium and zinc,two hours later vit.C- 1000mg, afternoon the same and the evening complex B vit. and magnesium-200mg.
I haven`t taken DMSO yet,need to study more about it.
Hello agirl. Thanks for sharing your experience. Do you have a reason for taking DMSO if you did decide to go ahead?

Merci du partage de vos expériences toujours très intéressantes...
Nico, je vais voir pour m'en procurer début du mois prochain, mais j'irai tout doucement car les effets sur vous m'effraient quand même un peu...

Thank you for sharing your always interesting experiences. . .
Nico, I'll see to get me early next month, but I'll go slowly because the effects on you frighten me still a bit. . .

agirl said:

Vitamin C 2 hours after taking iodine is probably too early. Remember that Vit. C neutralizes iodine, so you may want to take it rather in the afternoon (3-4 p.m.)

agirl said:

What kind of magnesium do you take? Why do you think your eye bags are due to magnesium?

Altair said:
agirl said:

Vitamin C 2 hours after taking iodine is probably too early. Remember that Vit. C neutralizes iodine, so you may want to take it rather in the afternoon (3-4 p.m.)

If that schedule doesn't work, vitamin C 2 hours later is okay though. Iodine doesn't take that long to get absorbed from the digestive tract and 3 hours after any meal is considered already an empty stomach. Some people get insomnia if they take vitamin C too late.

Back
Top Bottom