Iodine and Potassium Iodide

[quote author= NinaMosi]
After weeks of this, I tryed to go up two drops a day and the only thing I had occur was that: my thyroid swelled and it became painful to touch, swallow, speak and depending on how I lay to sleep difficult to breathe; so I stopped giving things a break, it took nearly a week for it to feel fine again. [/quote]

I also had some thyroid gland swelling after 3 weeks of 12.5mg/day, but nothing that interfered with swallowing or breathing! I drank Vitamin C to tolerance, took selenium, Mg and trace minerals and next morning it was much improved. I think this reaction is caused by too much iodide - more than the thyroid can process. The best thing to do is stop all iodine!!

If you are not having any particular problems - a short course of iodine, just to cleanse and balance the lymphatic system is probably enough. My advice is to NOT take anymore Iodine at all in the near future. After reading up on the detox process, it is not something to do without full knowledge and perhaps, even physician monitoring. And if you are not having any symptoms of anything, moving metals around in the body "hacky fadi" can actually cause more harm than good. Iodine is a powerful mobilizer, so it should be taken with a chelator to mop up. And for those whose thyroid might have underlying issues, high doses should not be taken at all.

I have done the 'Patch test' and the 'spot' was still notable the next morning.

It is possible you are not iodine deficient and once saturated, too much can do damage to the thyroid gland. My patch test disappeared in just a couple two or three hours.

Lilou said:
[quote author= NinaMosi]
After weeks of this, I tryed to go up two drops a day and the only thing I had occur was that: my thyroid swelled and it became painful to touch, swallow, speak and depending on how I lay to sleep difficult to breathe; so I stopped giving things a break, it took nearly a week for it to feel fine again.

I also had some thyroid gland swelling after 3 weeks of 12.5mg/day, but nothing that interfered with swallowing or breathing! I drank Vitamin C to tolerance, took selenium, Mg and trace minerals and next morning it was much improved. I think this reaction is caused by too much iodide - more than the thyroid can process. The best thing to do is stop all iodine!!

If you are not having any particular problems - a short course of iodine, just to cleanse and balance the lymphatic system is probably enough. My advice is to NOT take anymore Iodine at all in the near future. After reading up on the detox process, it is not something to do without full knowledge and perhaps, even physician monitoring. And if you are not having any symptoms of anything, moving metals around in the body "hacky fadi" can actually cause more harm than good. Iodine is a powerful mobilizer, so it should be taken with a chelator to mop up. And for those whose thyroid might have underlying issues, high doses should not be taken at all.

I have done the 'Patch test' and the 'spot' was still notable the next morning.

It is possible you are not iodine deficient and once saturated, too much can do damage to the thyroid gland. My patch test disappeared in just a couple two or three hours.
[/quote]

Lilou, Thank you for your reply! :flowers: I did stop taking it for the period of about 9 days when this happened to make sure I was feeling good again. I was taking a 2% Lugol's so an already low concentration. I did take something to help flush and heal, also had some milk thistle teas and hot chocolate drinks that I sipped daily during that time; as there was no L. vitamin c to take on hand at the time. (For me; taking L. vitamin C I have a reached a 'threshold' of 1 tsp twice a week anything more and I end up spending 'too much time with the toilet' for days afterward if I take more. :-[ I am not sure if this would still have happened I had there been some to take but I just took other things and everything turned out fine.) A lesson learned.

But because I live with a Nuclear power plant towering above me, near a main road and a freeway that are both busy with traffic and noise 24 - 7 / 365; also with exposure to black mold, on the entry hallways and inside the apt. I am living in. (On the mold exposure, I am not even sure if doing this would even help but I am digging to try and find out if it would.)

For these mentioned things I have returned after a break to doing just one drop a day, three times a week and with this I am doing good. I also incorporate a week off after a week of my '1 drop protocol'. Considering the results of my patch test and thinking that I should also be taking into account my size/weight, that this seems to be my limit.

I do daily read this thread for knowledge/awareness, as for "physician monitoring" sadly this is not a possibility, not that I am against seeing one but for other reasons. So I do the best I can which means: reading this thread, taking notes and taking things slow and if something happens like what did, then I take care of it with what I do have on hand and make adjustments.

Hi Nina, do you have any symptoms of black mold poisoning?

If getting out of a living environment where mold grows is not an option, then the best broad spectrum approach to dealing with it would be to limit your sugar/carb intact (which feed fungus)

take probiotics daily.

take raw garlic daily (you can crush some garlic and mix it with butter and eat with a buckwheat cracker or something like that to aid ingestion, and have it with food to aid digestion.

supplement glutathione and omega 3 fats (there latter should be taken daily indefinitely)

take vitamin D supplement.

take chlorella or spirulina once a day (maybe a gram or two but you can determine your own needs since it's pretty inoffensive).

On the iodine thing; if you thyroid is swelling with iodine it suggests that you are provoking too much TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone) for some reason, which is strange because "officially" iodine should not have this effect on a normally functioning thyroid. If possible, I would get a blood test for TSH and T3 and T4 to start with.

So, taking chelators before mobilizers is the preferred method of detoxing the body without damaging the brain too much.

However, many of us have done extended courses of DMSA/EDTA, and for me this didn't seem to help. The symptoms of mercury toxicity describe my life since I was a teenager, especially the psychological/social symptoms.

So there are warnings about mobilizing before chelating. But I'm tending more towards doing them both at the same time, since this is one thing I have not tried before. The problem with mobilizers moving mercury from the body into the brain was highlighted in our Heavy Metal detox thread, where Alpha Lipoic Acid was advised against because it would do just this, until the body concentration was much lower than that of the brain. But, the way I see it, this was only a problem because EDTA/DMSA did NOT cross the BBB and couldn't get the baddies out of the brain.

So what if we used a chelator which does cross the BBB, and does not cause nasty side-effects, such as chlorella:

One of the reasons the Japanese value chlorella so highly is its natural detoxification abilities. Chlorella is a "green food," a single-celled, micro-algae that is about two to ten microns in size. It's very small. It is this small size combined with its unique properties that make it such a useful detoxification tool. Its molecular structure, allows it to bond to metals, chemicals and some pesticides.

When chlorella is taken into your body, its natural action will bind it to lingering heavy metals, chemicals and pesticides found in your digestive tract, which is your body's pathway to your bloodstream where these harmful toxins are delivered and deposited into your body's cells.

So chlorella first and foremost will help your body eliminate unwanted metals and toxins. But it does more than that.

Chlorella is uniquely designed to not bind to the minerals your body naturally needs to function optimally. It does not bind to beneficial minerals like calcium, magnesium, or zinc. It's almost as if chlorella knows which metals belong in your body and which chemicals need to be removed. Supplementing with chlorella is like unleashing a tiny army inside your body to fight the battle of removing toxins from your tissues and ushering them back outside your body where they belong.

Along with the mobilizers, cilantro and humic/fulvic acid mentioned a few pages back.

I'm not sure whether this should be done for a few months before iodine, or whether the iodine in conjunction would help the detox due to it's strong mobilizing effects.

Carl said:
So what if we used a chelator which does cross the BBB, and does not cause nasty side-effects, such as chlorella

I don't think Chlorella crosses the BBB. I tried searching for the info, and except for one claim that it does, the consensus seems to be that it doesn't. None of the claims I've seen had anything of substance to back the information up, though. Just opinions.
Do you have any good reason to believe it does cross the BBB?

Carl said:
So, taking chelators before mobilizers is the preferred method of detoxing the body without damaging the brain too much.

However, many of us have done extended courses of DMSA/EDTA, and for me this didn't seem to help. The symptoms of mercury toxicity describe my life since I was a teenager, especially the psychological/social symptoms.

So there are warnings about mobilizing before chelating. But I'm tending more towards doing them both at the same time, since this is one thing I have not tried before. The problem with mobilizers moving mercury from the body into the brain was highlighted in our Heavy Metal detox thread, where Alpha Lipoic Acid was advised against because it would do just this, until the body concentration was much lower than that of the brain. But, the way I see it, this was only a problem because EDTA/DMSA did NOT cross the BBB and couldn't get the baddies out of the brain.

[...]

I'm not sure whether this should be done for a few months before iodine, or whether the iodine in conjunction would help the detox due to it's strong mobilizing effects.

There is a summary of the mercury detox done by the Autism Research Institute. We took the initial protocol from there, after reading it in Sidney Baker's book "Detoxification and Healing". It is a children's protocol and many used it safely and with good results. Nevertheless, the disclaimer has to be kept in mind! We discussed several points in the various threads over the years. Here is a document with the main report:

Treatment Options for Mercury/Metal Toxicity in Autism and Related Developmental Disabilities: Consensus Position Paper
http://www.greatplainslaboratory.com/home/eng/PhysicianReference7.pdf

The research is well documented and functional doctors use the same guidelines and its updated versions. This research comes mainly from the U.S. and they hold educational conferences every year and so forth.

In the book "Why Can't I Get Better" by Richard Horowitz, he also gives a brief summary of heavy metal detox and where do alternative doctors get their training and their protocols. It is also among the same lines of this document.

Horowitz stresses the importance of getting rid of heavy metals if you have Lyme's or coinfections. The people he treated were VERY sick which is why he used the standard lower dose of DMSA (100-200mg every two nights) with very good documented results.

I did DMSA one night while doing antibiotics a few months back. I was curious if it would trigger a detox reaction... It did trigger detox reactions and all I took was 200mg. This was after doing the entire protocol of DMSA from the Autism Research Institute and the EDTA protocol over the years. I had a mouth full of mercury and by the age of 21 years old, I got several vaccine shots including three doses of the MMR vaccine. Yikes! Anyway, no vaccines since then and got all the amalgams replaced.

My DMSA detox was just as bad as some symptoms I have had while on iodine. Despite having gone the "trial by DMSA", some of my iodine days have been very difficult. But I never pushed the envelop in terms of dosing. I did at the most 6-8 drops (3% lugol) and never on two consecutive days.

In general, as detox progresses, I feel better and it was all worth it. But it surely is something that needs some careful thought and research.

The problem comes also because there are people who are more sensitive to mercury than others. There is a difference in sensitivity of up to a thousand-fold or more, if I remember correctly. A thousand units of mercury could be nothing to someone, but one single unit could be very bad to someone who is very sensitive.

All things to keep in mind. Certainly a trial test with iodine or DMSA or other can be tried. And depending on the results, detox needs to be reinforced.

As for chlorella, unless there were further updates after 2005, the Autism Research Institute decided against it after they found that it had no effect on fecal or urinary excretion of mercury after 3 or 8 days based on comparison of pre and post levels. I think it is one of those things that doesn't hurt and could potentially help a lot. It just doesn't seem to work as effectively as some people suggest.

Just some thoughts!

Hopefully we will all manage to pass this detox phase and come healthier and wiser on the other side :flowers:

Bonjour, :)
Je n’ai pas encore commencé le protocole faute de moyen financier, j’attends d’avoir tous les produits conseillé par Gaby pour pouvoir commencer, j’ai pu m’acheter ce mois-ci que l’iode. Il y a maintenant 5 jours que je l’utilise en bain de bouche, je mets 3 gouttes dans un peu d’eau que je garde un peu plus d’une minute dans la bouche juste avant d’aller dormir et j’ai remarqué que l’eau que je recrachai était claire, donc ma bouche prend l’iode, c’est comme-ci j’avalais directement 3 gouttes d’iode et je comprends aussi pourquoi j’ai ses maux de tête ces 2 dernières nuit.
Juste une remarque pour ceux qui font des bains de bouche et qui recrache que c’est quand même 3 gouttes d’iode supplémentaire dans le corps.
Si ça déjà était signalé, considéré mon message comme nul.
Je vous embrasse :flowers:
Sorry ... Google translation (also headache to work my English)
Hello,
I have not yet started due to lack of financial means the protocol, I expect to have all the products advised by Gaby to get started, I could buy me this month as iodine. There are now five days since I use mouthwash, I put three drops in a little water I keep a little more than a minute in the mouth just before going to sleep and I noticed that I spat the water was clear, so my mouth takes iodine, that's one I directly swallowed 3 drops of iodine and I also understand why I have her headaches these two last night.
Just a note for those who make mouthwash and spitting it's still additional 3 drops of iodine in the body.
If it was already mentioned, my message considered void.
I kiss you :flowers:

Carl said:
Along with the mobilizers, cilantro and humic/fulvic acid mentioned a few pages back.

I think taking iodine in small doses for a period of time is ok, as you monitor the effects. Say for two weeks or one week. This will mobilize some of the trash. You can then move to a metal/toxin detox protocol of a small dose of DMSA (200-400mg per day) for three days. Then remineralize for a couple of days, then back on the small doses of iodine.

If you prefer to not take DMSA, you could instead use garlic, coriander (cilantro) (fresh or tincture) humic/fulvic acid and chlorella, and combine this with glutathione, R-Fraction ALA and the other main support supplements like fish oil and vitamin E. All of these should also be taken with DMSA (if you chose to take it) however, as a support to the detox. Also, Vit C as a staple throughout.

Correct me if I'm wrong please! Or add or subtract anything.

Carl, is the HM detox thread you're talking about this one?

DMSA for heavy metal detox - how long available?

Carl said:

What kind of dose and for how long did you take the DMSA/EDTA? Did you take anything else with it? It seems that DMSA/EDTA are chelators, not mobilizers. If you don't mobilize first then you're not really getting rid of the heavy metals that are stuck in cells etc. So maybe try following the protocol I suggested above.

How have you been feeling on the iodine?

Perceval said:
Carl said:

If you prefer to not take DMSA, you could instead use garlic, coriander (cilantro) (fresh or tincture) humic/fulvic acid and chlorella, and combine this with glutathione, R-Fraction ALA and the other main support supplements like fish oil and vitamin E. All of these should also be taken with DMSA (if you chose to take it) however, as a support to the detox. Also, Vit C as a staple throughout.

Correct me if I'm wrong please! Or add or subtract anything.

I'd take cilantro as a tincture (because of higher concentration). Pure glutathione is pretty useless as far as I know: better either liposomal glutathione or its precursors (NAC). I try to use only cold fermented fish/cod liver oil in which all the vitamins/minerals are preserved, though it's pretty expensive. Something like that: http://www.amazon.com/Royal-Butter-Fermented-Liver-Blend/dp/B002M06SMU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451308424&sr=8-1&keywords=Green+Pasture.

Some info on Chlorella. Seems that it may have many different positive effects that play into detox:

Chlorella has multiple health inducing effects:

Antiviral (especially effective against the cytomegaly virus from the herpes family)
Toxin Binding (mucopolysaccharide membrane) all known toxic metals, environmental toxins such as dioxin and others
Repairs and activates the body's detoxification functions
Dramatically increases reduced glutathion
Sporopollein is as effective as cholestyramin in binding neurotoxins and more effective in binding toxic metals than any other natural substance found.
Various peptides restore coeruloplasmin and metallothioneine.
Lipids (12.4%) alpha-and gamma-linoleic acid help to balance the increased intake of fish oil during our detox program and are necessary for a multitude of functions, including formation of the peroxisomes.
Methyl-coblolamine is food for the nervous system, restores damaged neurons and has its own detoxifying effect.
Chlorella growth factor helps the body detoxify itself in a yet not understood profound way. It appears that over millions of years chlorella has developed specific detoxifying proteins and peptides for every existing toxic metal.

The porphyrins in chlorophyll have their own strong metal binding effect. Chlorophyll also activates the PPAR-receptor on the nucleus of the cell which is responsible for the transcription of DNA and coding the formation of the peroxisomes (see fish oil), opening of the cell wall (unknown mechanism) which is necessary for all detox procedures, normalizes insulin resistance and much more. Medical drugs that activate the PPAR receptor (such as pioglitazone) have been effective in the treatment of breast and prostate cancer.
Super nutrient: 50–60% amino acid content, ideal nutrient for vegetarians, methylcobolamin — the most easily absorbed and utilized form of B12, B6, minerals, chlorophyll, beta carotene etc.
Immune system strengthening
Restores bowel flora
Digestive Aid (bulking agent)
Alkalinizing agent (Important for patient's with malignancies)

Perceval said:
I know it's mentioned on the forum in several places, but has anyone tried ingesting diatomaceous earth?

Yes - many times in the past. Also zeolite recently. IMO, DE, zeolite, and the clays are essentially the same. I think they are good to help keep toxins/metals in the colon when they are dumped there.

I keep a 50lb bag of DE (food grade) as a prep supply - it has many uses.

Over the last 6-8 months, I've also been doing a fair amount of Lipo-glutathione. My concern has been less about mercury and more about cadmium since smokers get a more continuous dose from smoking tobacco.

Perceval said:
Carl, is the HM detox thread you're talking about this one?

DMSA for heavy metal detox - how long available?

Yes, there is also this one:
Detoxification: Heavy Metals, Mercury and how to get rid of them

And there was also some discussion of it in the hemochromatosis thread if I remember correctly.

Perceval said:
What kind of dose and for how long did you take the DMSA/EDTA? Did you take anything else with it? It seems that DMSA/EDTA are chelators, not mobilizers. If you don't mobilize first then you're not really getting rid of the heavy metals that are stuck in cells etc. So maybe try following the protocol I suggested above.

How have you been feeling on the iodine?

My memory of this is quite foggy because it was about 2 years ago, but I followed the 3 day on, 11 day off of 600mg DMSA for about 4-5 courses, without major side effects, but did feel brain fogged and forgetful. I added ALA at some point and some other cofactors but probably not all of them.

It's probably worth giving it another go.

On the iodine, I was doing a large dose at first which led to bad facial rashes and crazy mood swings/depression. Took a number of days off and went to 2 drops a day, which seemed OK - seemingly no major changes either way.

However this month I've been very busy, not listening to my body or relaxing so it is hard to say. Also over Christmas I've had some evil food and drink, so letting myself recover from that before starting again in the new year - taking it slowly and paying more attention. I always have a hard time in winter anyway so we will see whether it has made a difference when the days get longer and I come alive again.

Based on the info posted here so far, what sounds good is a low dose of DMSA (100-200mg), taken either on the iodine off-days or later in the day, and combined with the more gentle mobilizers and detoxifying agents discussed above.

Here are some quotes from studies concerning cilantro that I recently looked up:

Preventive effect of Coriandrum sativum (Chinese parsley) on localized lead deposition in ICR mice

"Administration of Chinese parsley [Cilantro] also significantly decreased lead deposition in the femur and severe lead-induced injury in the kidneys. In addition, urinary excretion of delta-aminolevulinic acid (ALA) which is known to increase with lead intake was significantly decreased after administration of Chinese parsley." http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11535365

Preventive Effect of Chinese Parsley (Coriandrum sativum, Cilantro) on
Aluminum Deposition in ICR Mice

"Results: After Al exposure, Al [aluminium] was found to accumulate in the brain, kidney and femur. Localized Al deposition in brain was significantly decreased by the administration of 2.4mg/body of Chinese parsley [Cilantro] as shown in Fig.1. The similar results were obtained in
femur (Fig.2). Surprisingly, Al levels in femur on Chinese parsley administered group were lower than that on control.
Conclusion: Orally administered Chinese parsley is effective at reducing the deposition of Al in the tissues.
http://electromedicine.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/CilantroChelationCitations.pdf

And this was a very good summary on detoxing, what you should know and how to proceed (also about the role of chlorella and cilantro) by Dr. Klinghardt:

https://www.klinghardtacademy.com/images/stories/Heavy_Metal_Toxicity/Mercury_Toxicity_and_Systemic_Elimination_Agents.pdf

Quotes:

Mercury and Chronic Infections
As referenced above, mercury clearly has a variety of detrimental impacts on the immune system. Many practitioners have long observed that patients diagnosed with chronic viral illnesses (EBV, CMV, HIV, herpes zoster and genital herpes, CFIDS, etc.), chronic fungal illnesses (Candidiasis and others), and recurrent episodes of bacterial infections (chronic sinusitis, tonsillitis, bronchitis, bladder/prostate infections, HIV related infections) often have dramatic recoveries following an aggressive mercury/amalgam detoxification program.36This would support a general immune enhancing benefit of any effective mercury detoxification program. It has also been shown that the presence of amalgam fillings conveys immunity to antibiotics to various bacteria and also impairs the body's own defense system. Mercury is, therefore, the only substance ever shown that induces antibiotic resistance in bacteria, other than an antibiotic itself.78 It is known that bacteria cause periodontal disease and that the removal of amalgam fillings can often be curative.77 Unfortunately, there are no studies to date that have tested the mercury hypothesis in other infections, even though the clinical evidence is overwhelming.

[...]
Basics of Treatment

One of the essential initial steps of therapy is to optimize the diet BEFORE metal detoxification starts. One needs to decrease processed foods, stress and sugar. It would be best to limit fluids to water exclusively and minimize or eliminate all sugar, milk and wheat. These changes will improve immune competency and the body’s ability to tolerate the detoxification process. More details are available in the Reaching for Optimal Wellness article. The latest version can be found on the Internet at www.mercola.com. It is listed under a button called “Read This First” on the home page.

Mercury Compartmentalization

Metals are stored in many different body compartments. Each compartment requires different detoxification approaches. The different compartments are intracellular, extracellular (connective tissue), intravascular, kidneys or gut wall and central nervous system. Chlorella is used to shuttle mercury out of the gut. Chlorella and DMPS41,42 have powerful detoxification abilities on the connective tissue. It is important to begin detoxification by first unloading the connective tissue. This is best achieved with chlorella. When this is accomplished, one can then begin intracellular detoxification. DMSA or cilantro will move mercury out of the cell and brain. Sulfur containing substances like garlic,43 DMPS or DMSA will mobilize mercury out of the kidneys.

Muscle testing has shown that during mercury detoxification large amounts of mercury are not only excreted via the kidneys but also appear in the small intestine/upper colon (especially when Chlorella and Cilantro are used). They are excreted both via the liver-gall bladder-small intestine pathway, as well as through direct active and passive transport from the intestinal vessels into the lumen. However, the excreted stool contains a much lesser amount of mercury than the lower part of the small intestine/upper part of the large intestine. This suggests re-absorption of mercury during its passage through the colon.

Chlorella

Algae and other aquatic plants possess the capacity to take up toxic trace metals from their environment, resulting in an internal concentration greater than those of the surrounding waters. This property has been exploited as a mean for treating industrial effluent containing metals before they are discharged, and to recover the bioavailable fraction of the metal.44 Chlorella has been shown to develop resistance to cadmium contaminated waters by synthesizing metal-binding proteins.45 A book written for the mining industry, Biosorption of Heavy Metals, details how miners use organisms called biomasses to increase the yield of precious metals in old mines. These biomasses are sprayed into the mineshaft, washed out with water, and collected on ion exchange membranes. A biomass is a sludge of membranes usually from mono-cellular organisms that have a tendency to accumulate metals that they are exposed to in their outer cell wall.

Dr. Klinghardt believes that most, if not all chronic infectious diseases are not caused by a failure of the immune system but are a conscious adaptation of the immune system to an otherwise lethal heavy metal environment. Mercury suffocates the intracellular respiratory mechanism and can cause cell death. So, it is speculated that the immune system makes a compromise: it cultivates fungi and bacteria that can bind large amounts of toxic metals. This allows the cells to breathe. However, the system is compromised, as it has to provide nutrition for the microorganisms and has to contend with their metabolic by-products (“toxins”). These organisms, especially Candida, can frequently grow uncontrollably. When this occurs, the patient experiences the so-called “die-off effect” (the sometimes severe crisis or even lethal reaction a patient can have in the initial stages of aggressive pharmaceutical antifungal or antibacterial treatment). This is often due to acute heavy metal toxicity-metals released from the cell walls of dying microorganisms.

The list of organisms that have the highest affinity for toxic metals covers the full spectrum of typical infectious diseases: fungi of the candida species, streptococci, staphylococci, and amoebas, among many others. However, two algae top the list of organisms in their ability to effectively bind to mercury: Chlorella pyreneidosa and Chlorella vulgaris. Although spirulina and super blue green algae are also algae with other health benefits, the mining and clinical research does not support their use in binding these heavy metals.

Chlorella appears to have two significant mechanisms of action that make it an ideal agent to be used in a toxic-metal treatment protocol. Its cell wall absorbs rather large amounts of toxic metals (similar to an ion exchange resin). Either the specific combination of amino-acids, the chlorella derived growth factor, or some other yet unknown mechanism leads to mobilization of some mercury from within the cell. It enhances mobilization of mercury compartmentalized in non-neurologic structures such as the muscles, ligaments, connective tissue, and bone.

Chlorella is an essential part of the detoxification program, as approximately 90% of the mercury in our bodies is eliminated through the stool. To increase the fecal excretion of mercury, certain principles should be applied. First, it is wise to first start the mercury detoxification by first unloading the connective tissue with chlorella. Large doses of chlorella will clear out the mercury that can frequently contaminate the colon. Chlorella works likes a sponge to suck up mercury from the body. Chlorella only pulls mercury out of the gut wall. Once the gut is cleared, the mercury will then, by osmosis, go into the gut from other body tissues where chlorella will effectively remove it from the body.

Chlorella Dose

The powder is the most cost effective approach but some people will prefer the tablets or capsules for convenience. One can start out with a one quarter of a teaspoon of the powder (one500mg tablet)once a day initially to confirm that there is no hypersensitivity present. Work up to 3/4 of a teaspoon (5- 500 mg. tablets) with every meal. Every tenth day you can take a large dose of one tablespoon (16- 500 mg tablets) with each meal. A simple way to dissolve the powder is to place it in a container with a lid partially filled with water. Then tighten the lid and shake to dissolve and drink the solution. Most people find it inconvenient to spread the doses out to include the lunch meal. Therefore, one could possibly increase the normal daily dose to 1 1/2 teaspoons with breakfast and dinner for convenience. CAUTION: If at any time one develops nausea or starts "burping up" the chlorella taste then the chlorella should be stopped immediately as a food sensitivity is developing which will only worsen if you continue taking it.

Chlorella is also very helpful for removing radioactive metals or fallout. Amalgam tattoos are black deposits on the gum and cheeks that are due to mercury deposits. These are typically removed surgically. Chlorella can be used to remove the amalgam tattoos noninvasively by sticking the chlorella powder on a cotton roll and placing it on the tattoo overnight. The treatment requires about two weeks to remove the tattoo.

Cilantro

Dr. Omura has found that Cilantro (Chinese parsley) can mobilize mercury and other toxic metals rapidly from the CNS and the brain when appropriate amounts are consumed daily.46 47 Cilantro mobilizes mercury or tin stored in the brain and in the spinal cord and moves it into the connective tissues, Cilantro is especially useful for removing mercury from the brain, as brain detoxification is one of the most difficult to achieve. The mobilized mercury appears to be either excreted via the stool, the urine, or translocated into more peripheral tissues. This is a revolutionary discovery and makes cilantro the first known substance that mobilizes mercury from the CNS.

The active principle is unknown. Dried cilantro, however, does not work which suggests that the active substance is in the volatile fat-soluble portion of the plant. It would be wise to use fresh cilantro as a seasoning four to five times a week. A pesto can also be prepared by purchasing fresh organic cilantro and putting it in a blender with a small amount of water, sea salt and olive oil. Blend this until creamy. Take 1 tablespoon 3 times/day with meals. A tincture is also available and the dose is ten drops three times a day, however, the commercial distillates are not as cost effective as using the fresh herb. Coriander may also be similarly useful although it is not as well studied. Cilantro does not facilitate the removal of heavy metals out of the body; this usually requires DMPS or DMSA with Chlorella and sauna treatment. The use of Cilantro with DMSA or DMPS has actually been documented to show an increase in motor nerves following DMSA or DMPS administration.48

There is more useful information in the document quoted above, I recommend reading it.

Perceval said:

I've read that garlic and onions (alliums) are more mobilizers than chelators and they warn people with heavy metal toxicity to not eat them too much (or at all), to avoid the stress on the liver from processing the metals. I think that advice is for pretty severely toxified people with compromised livers, but suggests that it's a good mobilizer but not a good binder. The reading I've done from quite some time ago on this suggested that the sulfur was involved in the mobilization.

I'm not sure that coriander has the same mobilizing affects as cilantro, even though they're the same plant; I suspect cilantro is more effective.

I tried the humic/fulvic acid at one point and didn't notice anything, but that was quite some time ago and I had many other health issues going on, so I may just not have noticed.

ALA was one of the best supplements that I've taken, with significant noticeable positive effects. When I first started on it I was dealing with mold overgrowth and toxicity and started taking 1,200 mg/day to mop up everything that it was dumping into my system. That was the regular ALA, not the R-Fraction--I've taken both and I think the R-Fraction is more potent so one doesn't need as much as the regular ALA, but both worked in my experience and I think the pricing ended up being comparable due to the R-Fraction being more expensive. I stayed on 1,200 mg of ALA per day for about 4 months, then I think I dropped down to 300mg for another two months or so--I might have switched to the R-Fraction which necessitated the drop (I dropped the dosage because I was taking too much and having a burning sensation in my stomach), or I might have just gotten to a point of detoxing where I didn't need as much; can't remember exactly now. ALA and activated charcoal were my primary go-to detoxing agents and I was on both for 6 months or so.

I've read some mixed things on activated charcoal; that it absorbs good minerals as well as bad and so to take it away from food, that it doesn't absorb metals very well, etc. I personally suspect that it absorbs pretty much any bad thing and doesn't absorb anything good because of charge polarity and that because it works via adsorption, it slightly pulls heavy metals out of the blood through electric charge while going through the digestive tract. I also took it for any kind of acute detoxing affects I was having--like if I was feeling nauseous from some kind of detoxing going on, and it would usually take care of it almost immediately. I didn't bother with the pills and just went straight for the powder and was taking teaspoon amounts; it's been a while now, but I think I took 3 teaspoons a day for a few months, then dropped down to 1 teaspoon a day. While working with the applied kinesiologist who gave me these dosages based on my body's response, I encountered another one of his patients and she mentioned that he told her to take 5 teaspoons a day, so 1-5 teaspoons a day could be a common dosing range. It's also possible that it doesn't absorb heavy metals very well, but that the ALA mobilized them and slightly bound them, and the activated charcoal then bound to that well for elimination.

FWIW those were the two primary detoxers that I used and when I asked the applied kinesiologist if I had any heavy metals after having worked with him for about a year (corrected nutrient deficiencies, serious inflammation, organ imbalances, killed pathogens, and other things), he said no. But I also only ever had a single mercury filling. And while doing some muscle testing for mercury toxicity on some other members, ALA tested well for correcting a mercury toxicity, with one also getting a dosage of up to 1,200mg/day. NAC didn't test well for mercury toxicity for any of the members.

Back
Top Bottom