Iodine and Potassium Iodide

Divide By Zero said:
I've started taking some chollera and spirulina tablets along with the C, salt, selenium, B vitamins, magnesium citrate/malate.
The only thing is that I still get constipation which affects me more than the iodine, because it causes soreness after a day or so. I'm not sure what else to do besides add some hard bulk like more qunioa or brown rice to my diet (as I eat paleo).

I am aware that cholera and spirulina have quite a bit of protein and that might be causing the constipation. I suggest maybe upping your fat intake a little and see how that goes. I don't think extra fiber would help in that case because personally when I eat too many nuts (which is fiber and protein) it usually causes my stools to harden. Also, you might want to try drinking more water.

Perceval said:
Btw, in researching, I've seen repeated mention of "Zeolite". Has anyone heard of it or does anyone have experience of it?

I drank the whole package (125g) this year and it had no effect on me. But this was before the idoine protocol.

Solie said:
Alana said:
But from all the above, I felt significantly better right after taking 6 capsules of fish oils. I forgot how good they always made me feel. I'll add them again as stable in my daily life. To everyone who might be experiencing depression (for whatever reason) try fish oils. I'll start taking 6 capsules 2x a day today.

The only concerns I have with adding fish oil to my supplementation is the conflicting views on the fragile chains of omega-3 fatty acid that may go rancid with any exposure to light or oxygen as they're polyunsaturated. Does anyone have any information on this? Is fish oil stable enough to take?

Well, Dr. Kruse says the following on this subject:

Dr. Kruse: No, you take it in a tablet, it's mostly SN1 and SN3. Why? Because through the processing, it puts it in the wrong position. It's not paramagnetic and what you need to know about fish oil in a pill. Highly sensitive to photo-oxidation and temperature oxidation. So you know what that means? You're basically eating a big mac. That's a good way to make protons and not a way to collect electrons from purple light.

He suggests eating seafood (cold water fish, as I understand) instead, fwiw.

Siberia said:
Dr. Kruse: No, you take it in a tablet, it's mostly SN1 and SN3. Why? Because through the processing, it puts it in the wrong position. It's not paramagnetic and what you need to know about fish oil in a pill. Highly sensitive to photo-oxidation and temperature oxidation. So you know what that means? You're basically eating a big mac. That's a good way to make protons and not a way to collect electrons from purple light.

That's what I thought, thank you Siberia

Solie said:
Divide By Zero said:
I've started taking some chollera and spirulina tablets along with the C, salt, selenium, B vitamins, magnesium citrate/malate.
The only thing is that I still get constipation which affects me more than the iodine, because it causes soreness after a day or so. I'm not sure what else to do besides add some hard bulk like more qunioa or brown rice to my diet (as I eat paleo).

I am aware that cholera and spirulina have quite a bit of protein and that might be causing the constipation. I suggest maybe upping your fat intake a little and see how that goes. I don't think extra fiber would help in that case because personally when I eat too many nuts (which is fiber and protein) it usually causes my stools to harden. Also, you might want to try drinking more water.

Thanks for the recommendation Solie, as im experiencing the same issue with chlorella, i'll try with increasing my fat intake and see how it goes :D

Solie said:
Alana said:
But from all the above, I felt significantly better right after taking 6 capsules of fish oils. I forgot how good they always made me feel. I'll add them again as stable in my daily life. To everyone who might be experiencing depression (for whatever reason) try fish oils. I'll start taking 6 capsules 2x a day today.
The only concerns I have with adding fish oil to my supplementation is the conflicting views on the fragile chains of omega-3 fatty acid that may go rancid with any exposure to light or oxygen as they're polyunsaturated. Does anyone have any information on this? Is fish oil stable enough to take?
Yeah, from what I have read in the past and through my own experience, fish oils oxidise very quickly and therefore near enough worthless as a supplement. Some recommend only buying brands that can ensure refrigeration up until delivery to your house (which is not feasible for most of us). I would imagine that capsule format may be slightly more stable than liquid-in-a-bottle, however each time the lid is opened you are further increasing oxidation. The smell test can also be decieving. I have found that a good way to determine whether your oil is going rancid seems to be waiting until after you have taken the oil and see whether you experience any "fishy" tasting burps throughout the day. Apparently this is a fairly decent indication that you are dealing with fish oil that has undergone oxidation.

A possible alternative is Krill oil. Mercola writes in this article:
Omega-3 fats are extremely fragile and are VERY easily damaged by oxygen. This is true for ALL omega-3 sources, whether animal-based or plant-based.

However, this is where krill oil stands out as a clear winner.

Krill oil would also be highly unstable if it wasn't for the fact that it contains the antioxidant astaxanthin, which keeps it safe from oxidative damage. In fact, in tests performed by Dr. Moerck, the krill oil remained undamaged after being exposed to a steady flow of oxygen for 190 hours!

Compare that to fish oil, which went rancid after just one hour.

That makes krill oil nearly 200 times more resistant to oxidative damage compared to fish oil!

[..]

As far as I'm concerned, unless you can verify the purity and freshness of the fish oil, I recommend you avoid it. A far better omega-3 alternative -- your safest and most cost effective choice -- is to take high-quality krill oil on a regular basis.

Research has established the similarities and differences between fish- and krill oil, in terms of being beneficial sources of omega-3 fats. This is explained in further detail in an August 24 article in Functional Nutrition.

Nutritionally, both contain DHA and EPA, but their compositions are unique.

According to Functional Nutrition, krill oil typically provides 14 percent EPA and DHA, along with 0.2 percent naturally-occurring astaxanthin.

Fish oil typically provides 30 percent EPA and DHA.

At first glance, it may appear as though fish oil is better simply because it contains a higher ratio of omega-3 fats. However, krill oil is far more efficient, so you actually need far less.

Functional Nutrition explains:

"In fish oil, the omega-3 molecules are attached to triglycerides, which means they must undergo hydrolysis before being absorbed into cells. Krill, in contrast, is attached to phospholipids, [and]… our cell walls contain fats in the phospholipid form…

… The phospholipid structure of the omega-3s in krill oil therefore makes them more rapidly absorbable and allows for easier entry of the omega-3s into our cells and on to the mitochondria and nuclei. The rapid absorption has an added benefit for consumers: There is virtually no aftertaste or fishy reflux that some experience with fish oils."

The conjugation of phospholipids — mainly phosphatidylcholine — with DHA and EPA gives krill oil an edge over fish oil in a number of ways… The phospholipids, by virtue of their connection with omega-3s, are exactly right for proper brain function. Furthermore, they are a part of the eicosanoids system — an extremely important hormone-messenger system in the cells of the body."

I used to recommend taking fish oil or cod liver oil (and I still do in some cases), but aside from the problems discussed above, you also have the issue of overfishing to the point of near extinction, and the potential of toxic contaminations in the oil.

And, as you increase your intake of omega-3 fats by consuming fish oil, you actually increase your need for even more antioxidant protection. This happens because fish oil, as I explained above, is highly perishable.

You have to have sufficient antioxidants to ensure that the fish oil doesn't oxidize and become rancid inside your body, as oxidation leads to the formation of unhealthy free radicals.

This is one of the main reasons I now recommend getting your omega-3 fats from Antarctic krill oil.

With krill oil, you can ensure that you're getting these incredibly healthy fats (EPA and DHA) without having to worry about oxidation issues. Additionally, your risk of getting any mercury contamination is extremely low since krill are so small they don't have the chance to accumulate toxins before being harvested.

I personally take krill oil every day. I particularly appreciate the fact that the omega-3 is attached to phospholipids that dramatically increase its absorption, especially into brain tissue.

[..]

Unpublished new data suggest krill oil is absorbed 10 to 15 times better than fish oil. This is because the triglyceride molecule that fish oil is in must be broken down in your gut to its base fatty acids of DHA and EPA. About 80-85 percent is never absorbed and is eliminated in your intestine, which causes about 50 percent of people to have burp back and not tolerate fish oil.

Then once the fatty acids are absorbed into your blood stream, your liver has to attach it to phoshphatidyl choline for it to be used by your body. The amazing beauty of krill is that all of it is in the correct form in the original pill so your body uses virtually 100 percent of it. Additionally it has the powerful antioxidant astaxanthin which prevents the perishable DHA and EPA from going rancid.
[quote author=Siberia]Well, Dr. Kruse says the following on this subject:

[/quote]
This is correct. In his book "Epi-Paleo Rx" he actually recommends a ketogenic diet which primarily consists of crustaceans, shellfish and sea food. Land-based animals and animal fats are only recommended once or twice a week if I remember correctly. One thing he didn't focus on much was the environmental pollutants in the oceans however :umm:

Solie said:
Alana said:

I'll second the recommendation for Krill oil over fish oil--the difference was night and day in my experience. There's a thread on Krill oil up here: http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,37359.0.html

Solie said:
Divide By Zero said:

Could the be the Chlorella. Also, a word of caution when mixing Chlorella and clay for detox, if anyone's thinking of doing so: I did this once or twice and when the two mixed together, it seemed to turn into some kind of cement mixture in my intestines--definitely not fun, so I'd highly recommend against using the two together.

Shared Joy said:
Perceval said:
Has anyone had any experience of taking cilantro/coriander tincture drops?

Hi Perceval,

I have been taking Chlorella powder and Coriander tincture for the last 1,5 month.
Just in small amounts - one teaspoon chlorella in the morning 1/2 hour before breakfast. After breakfast 20-25 drops of coriander tincture in water. Dr. Klinghard recommends trice as much for Lyme patients.

So far, the results are: improved memory, longer attention span, more energy, easier coping with stress. Heavy metal detox completed(according to my bio-resonance measurements -which can't be considered exact, but neither are the local lab panels, nor are there affordable prices to pay for more sophisticated examinations).
Toxins are eliminated via urine (very intense smell, yellow, but no turbidity or other unpleasant changes). Lots of water to drink.

Only the lead load is above the healthy limit. It has dropped in comparison to measurements made 2 years ago, but not significantly.
So, it seems I have to use some EDTA, and remineralisation afterwards.

Some minor problems with the neurovegetative system (more EE is needed ;)) - sleep cycle and occasional arrhythmia.

The cardio vascular , GI systems are in a much better shape, almost no problems at all. Also the glucose, fat, protein, mineral metabolism.

No Herx, just some flare ups concerning my rheumatoid arthritis, which subsided significantly.

If there is anything else I could assist with?

Thanks Shared Joy. Did you get your heavy metal levels (mercury) checked before and after to confirm that the coriander did the trick?

Solie said:
Alana said:

You could try fermented cod liver oil instead. Fermented, it doesn't "go off". Here's an example.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/r.html?C=2PLWJIK85A5HM&K=A1ZI4URC508RHL&R=1OMSTJI6OEA1A&T=C&U=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.co.uk%2Fdp%2FB002M06SMU%2Fref%3Dpe_385721_51767431_TE_dp_1&A=CQV4UGPKT6WSQNGANMW4Y4QNO1AA&H=61TLATBK4JSVX2MLJBTK30JGJMOA&ref_=pe_385721_51767431_TE_dp_1

Or Krill oil, as others have suggested.

Foxx said:
Solie said:

Could the be the Chlorella. Also, a word of caution when mixing Chlorella and clay for detox, if anyone's thinking of doing so: I did this once or twice and when the two mixed together, it seemed to turn into some kind of cement mixture in my intestines--definitely not fun, so I'd highly recommend against using the two together.

I've had this issue before taking chlorella and iodine. I eat plenty of fat, mostly from when I make bacon and collect it. The beginning of iodine helped normalize a bit with cases of yellowish stool. But now it's back to the way it was.
I used to think it was coffee which I drank 2-4 cups a day of, but cutting that out didn't change anything either.

I will try to do the coffee enema as I hear it helps clean out the liver/bile ducts and eliminate toxins. I tried it in the past and the only issue I had was holding it for 15-20 mins or so that is normally mentioned.

Christine said:
There are now five days since I use mouthwash, I put three drops in a little water I keep a little more than a minute in the mouth just before going to sleep and I noticed that I spat the water was clear, so my mouth takes iodine, that's one I directly swallowed 3 drops of iodine and I also understand why I have her headaches these two last night.
Just a note for those who make mouthwash and spitting it's still additional 3 drops of iodine in the body.
If it was already mentioned, my message considered void.
I kiss you :flowers:

Thank you for mentioning this Christine. :)

The first day that I bought my iodine I wanted to try it just for mouthwash. So I took a relatively high dose (6-7 drops). But I did not swallow, I just hold it in my mouth for minute or two and then spit.

But that night I got a very strong depression and fever and crazy dreams all night! Tomorrow I was fine like nothing happened.

After that I took a break of couple of days and started the protocol with just 1 drop. The first two weeks were fine, I had only twitching of my left eyelid, a mild headaches which would stop after I drink some liquid, and in recent days a twitching of my left side of lip (why only left sides and not right?).

But in the third week I started feeling week again, which corresponds to the experience of other people here (third week seems to be sensitive period for detoxification) and I plan to take a brake for a couple of days and take some more chelators. I started using wild garlic tincture to see if that will help.

My mind seems to love iodine (I sleep good, no more nightmares, dreams were more complex in the beginning, now less) but my other parts of the body are still not feeling the benefits of iodine. Maybe too much toxins are now circling around.

I also made a little discovery. I complained here before that if I put more than 1/4 of a teaspoon of salt I cannot drink the water because it's too much salty. Well I decided to put some potassium chloride in it (about 150mg, I have a tiny spoon that I got with my Vitamin C powder) and I discovered that it removes the saltiness of the salt water. So now I can take 1/3 of the teaspoon. I don't know how healthy this mixture is, but it tastes good. Once I had to take 1g of potassium chloride alone in water and it was the worst thing I tasted in my life! But the taste is very good with salt added. So if you need extra potassium you can try this.

Perceval said:
You could try fermented cod liver oil instead. Fermented, it doesn't "go off". Here's an example.

Not sure if fermented cod liver oil is a good idea, apart from the exces of vitamin A which can cause problems with long term supplementation I remember reading while ago "fermented" fish oils are basically a scam, couldn't find that article now but I found this
_http://healthimpactnews.com/2015/report-fermented-cod-liver-oil-a-fraud/

The best fish oil supplement I've found is tinned sardines! I have them straight out of the can, morning and evening. I constantly have to remind myself to eat more of them because they just make me feel good.

Krill oil looks interesting although expensive, but I am willing to try it if it makes it easier to reach Omega 3 requirements.

Z said:
Perceval said:

Not sure if fermented cod liver oil is a good idea, apart from the exces of vitamin A which can cause problems with long term supplementation I remember reading while ago "fermented" fish oils are basically a scam, couldn't find that article now but I found this
_http://healthimpactnews.com/2015/report-fermented-cod-liver-oil-a-fraud/

I found this:
_http://chriskresser.com/important-update-on-cod-liver-oil/

_http://www.thehealthcloud.co.uk/the-other-side-of-the-fclo-scandal/

istina said:
I found this:
_http://chriskresser.com/important-update-on-cod-liver-oil/

_http://www.thehealthcloud.co.uk/the-other-side-of-the-fclo-scandal/
Interesting articles istina, thanks for sharing.
Carl said:
The best fish oil supplement I've found is tinned sardines! I have them straight out of the can, morning and evening. I constantly have to remind myself to eat more of them because they just make me feel good.

Krill oil looks interesting although expensive, but I am willing to try it if it makes it easier to reach Omega 3 requirements.
Ideally, if your detox pathways are working sufficiently then tinned fish should be a viable option because whatever toxins ingesting should be excreted. However, taking the current topic of this discussion into consideration - If someone suspects heavy metal toxicity, the I can't see that it would be wise idea to eat murcury-laden tinned fish while attempting to detox the murcury that is already firmly embedded deep in bodily tissues. Perhaps fermented fish oil is actually the way to go on this one.

In Chris Kresser's article from above suggests that things aren't as black and white as I previously thought. He explains
If FCLO were truly rancid, we would expect to see very low levels of EPA and DHA in the oil. Once fatty acids (like EPA and DHA) undergo peroxidation, they cannot be regenerated from their peroxides. However, on page 102 of Kaayla’s report, the lab results show that FCLO has approximately 315 mg/tsp of DHA and 685 mg/tsp of EPA, for a total EPA/DHA content of 1,000 mg. According to Rosita’s website, EVCLO has approximately 1,200 mg of EPA/DHA combined. So, while the batch of FCLO tested in Kaayla’s report contained less EPA/DHA than EVCLO, it still contained a substantial amount—which would not be expected if the oil were rancid as claimed.

The claim that FCLO is rancid was based on high levels of free fatty acids found in the oil. Kaayla suggests that this is an accurate way to determine rancidity in marine oils. However, according to most lipid scientists, hydrolysis of triglycerides and other esterified lipids into free fatty acids is completely unrelated to oxidation and is therefore not an accurate measure of rancidity.

Instead, TOTOX, anisidine, MDA, and TBA/TBARS are better indicators of whether an oil is rancid. In Kaayla’s report, FCLO received good scores from all of the labs on TOTOX, and all but one lab (which was not able to obtain a result at all) on anisidine. Two of the labs reported normal TBA values. One lab reported a TBARS value that was high, and another reported an MDA value that was 10 times higher in FCLO than in other cod liver oils.

These results are somewhat mixed. The majority suggest that FCLO is not rancid, while two of the test results suggest that it is. I think more investigation is needed on this before any firm conclusions are drawn.

Back
Top Bottom