Iodine and Potassium Iodide

Worth mentioning, or so I think: I had been used to being awake an hour or two most nights (prior to joining you on the iodine protocol that is) and have been granted many a night of amost - and sometimes completely - unbroken sleep since.

Thebull said:
After reading the article below on Sott which mentions that Lugols can irritate the stomach I'd like to ask ask if anyone else has had reactions using Lugols. I've had some problems with my stomach over the last week but hadn't realised it could be caused by the lugols. I started the iodine protocol early December.

I have no problems taking 400mg of iodine on an empty stomach, but everyone's different.

I think any vitamins or minerals may upset your stomach to some degree if you're sensitive to that. If that's the case, taking it with meals should help. And I guess drinking more water with it could help too. What doses are you taking?

If you started early December and only had this problem over the last week, then it's probably not the iodine itself, but it could be a combination of things or something triggered by the iodine. Possibly a detox reaction.

Esprit said:
I feel much better today slept 7h30 hours but something is still not entirely normal my body at times. I feel sharp and a lack of energy at the same time it's hard to describe. Got myself some heavy metal detox by Enerex: http://enerex.ca/products/heavy-metal-detox. It's a Multi Vitamin+Humic Acid.
I will go back on Iodine eventually, I miss the high clarity buzz I had during the smaller dozes. I have a heavy truck to drive on friday so I'll wait.

I worked for 4 years in a body shop. The things we breath in there...ho boy. It's no surprise I have heavy chemicals in my body. Plus I also have fillings.

Hi MI, that's a pretty intense period you went through. If you're doing a HM detox, it would probably be wise to get serious about it and follow the DMSA protocol. Hang in there.

Thebull said:
After reading the article below on Sott which mentions that Lugols can irritate the stomach I'd like to ask ask if anyone else has had reactions using Lugols. I've had some problems with my stomach over the last week but hadn't realised it could be caused by the lugols. I started the iodine protocol early December.

http://www.sott.net/article/309869-Iodine-deficiency-an-old-epidemic-is-back

Depends on if I have stress or no stress. No stress = stomach irritation. Stress = no stomach irritation.

Slight churning at ~50mg. But if I'm in a hurry to go on an errand and know that I won't eat for 2hrs then no irritation. Or no irritation when going exercising and taking Iodine on an empty stomach and only eating well after the exercise [+4hrs from taking Iodine].

50mg of Lugols + 80 to 250mg pure potassium iodide crystals taken together once a day. I'm eyeing KI dose from approx. measurements taken on a gram only scale, since I've no milligram scale yet.

- Itching of red skin stopped completely. Red areas are healed in patches, look like a carpet-bombed battlefield as if the iodide was conducting urban warfare taking back the city [skin surface] street by street
- Ankle pre-diabetic sore fading. Especially after applying DMSO +Aloe. I'm also taking 10K vit A which is the best help for my eyesight I had ever!!

Baffling and groundbreaking dream changes:
- Receiving advanced courses in human interaction
- Convening of serious family councils analyzing issues of members and coming up with potent solutions. Something I never had in this life! But all these family councils are happening in alternate timelines / other life-paths, where I made different decisions, my family's life turned out to be entirely different and it feels super instructive and healing to finally become able - still in the dream! - to come up with effective and sensible solutions to life issues together.

And receiving insights about other family member's new[!] life situations in that alternate timeline. Everything in the dreams is turning out super serious and highly instructive after I began the KI! I'm astonished and humbled by the process, because in this life - with these decisions I took from childhood on - our family [+interactions] looks like an aerial photo of Fallujah. [a symbol of]
- Speaking German with German people (I was never in Germany, but very possibly in a previous life)
- Talking with total strangers about serious issues and getting insights also about the strangers life struggle/situation.

It seems I very much need communal interaction in person, but since I take no part in communal gatherings, everything related happens in dreams in alternate realities/timelines.

Today w started again the Lugol but one drop. A thing what I see since taking Lugol is that I procrastinate less. If I have something to do I do it right away. We will see how we feel with the re-take of Lugol.

Concerning the magnesium, I found a magnesium gluconate in liquid. I didn't buy it yet, I wait to see what you think about it. The mesures are 104 up. 2ml from a brand named Labatal.

Thanks in advance!

I am taking less than a drop of strong Lugol's (a 27g needle couple of drops) in a pint of water daily or alternate daily. Not enough to tint the water, but I can taste it a bit.
My acne has flared. I'm going to cut it to twice weekly.
I feel a little warmer. I'm tolerating the cold better than usual. Still don't like it, still uncomfortable.

It's been mentioned before but I thought I would share again. Since starting taking iodine I have totally lost all smoking cravings.
I was never a big smoker and haven't smoked for a long time but I could easily stop without missing it. I think I'm just one of those people who doesn't need to smoke at all. I still like to have one in the afternoon while I'm working at my laptop but if I have one in the morning or late at night I get a real head rush. I used to be able to smoke as soon as I woke up.

In spite of the fact I have a nasty head/chest cold that also had some digestive system features, I seem to be doing pretty well and moving through any unstable symptoms.

I'm still taking BOTH lugols (3 to 5 drops) and a Potassium Iodide capsule (37 or 65 mg) every day along with Niacinamide, Riboflavin, and have added Thiamine which seemed to make a nice difference. Energy, will power, etc.

I take salt water every morning. Take my mixed minerals every two or three days and magnesium every night along with my probiotics.

That's it. Nothing complicated and it seems to be gradually doing some interesting things. A problem I had for almost a year is just going away. It was a deep inside itch in my left breast that was worrying me.

One thing for sure, with this cold, I'm taking a LOT of NAC and Guafenesin which has been clearing out piles of phlegm and I expect the toxins are leaving with it.

Thebull said:

http://www.sott.net/article/309869-Iodine-deficiency-an-old-epidemic-is-back
I haven't noticed any gastrointestinal disturbances since taking iodine. It has been recommended a number of times on the thread to take it with meals, which might prevent any stomach issues. If you are taking more than one drop at a time, you could also try halving the dose and separating doses throughout the day - perhaps one in the morning and then one (or however many) with lunch.
lainey said:
It's been mentioned before but I thought I would share again. Since starting taking iodine I have totally lost all smoking cravings.
I was never a big smoker and haven't smoked for a long time but I could easily stop without missing it. I think I'm just one of those people who doesn't need to smoke at all. I still like to have one in the afternoon while I'm working at my laptop but if I have one in the morning or late at night I get a real head rush. I used to be able to smoke as soon as I woke up.
This is interesting. How long have you been taking iodine? During the first 2-3 weeks of taking iodine, I found it pretty difficult to smoke and had no cravings whatsoever. Made me feel nauseous, gave me a headache and just generally didn't make me feel very good all over. After the 4 week point, I started smoking more regularly and eventually got back up to around 20 cigarettes a day - with no negative feelings at all. Bearing in mind, my iodine dose was lowered to two drops of 12% (which seems perfect for me), so it could have something to do with that.

Although I wonder whether the first month of detoxing, because it is such a shock to the system and that it takes a while for the body to adapt to having adequate levels of iodine on a daily basis, perhaps during the initial detox some of us naturally just reject tobaccco for some reason. Like our bodies are saying "give me a minute, please, I'm busy, leave the tobacco for a week or two!".

It would be interesting to hear if anyone else experienced a decreased craving for tobacco when first starting iodine?

I upped my dosage to 20-25mg per day again this week, also combined with starting intermittent fasting and eating carbs again.

So far: I'm feeling very good in the day. I think it's because fasting boosts catecholamine levels. I generally feel run-down and brain fogged after eating, which doesn't help in work, so I don't eat til late afternoon or when I get home. Now I just get the brain fog at night instead, which makes it difficult to read articles or work on anything, so this still needs work. I seem to be losing body fat, which was the primary goal of doing the intermittent fasting as part of the detox.

Elaine mentioned smoking. Significantly today I felt no cravings for tobacco, and only went for smoke breaks to get myself out of the office in fresh air for a few minutes.

Nightmares. I've been having a few. Last night was really strong and graphic - Apocalyptic "Mad Max" scenario with a Dark Man/demon that killed my friends and presented me with their freshly-skinned faces.

Rashes and itchiness on lower body seem to be fading away.

I feel like I have more self confidence in the day, and I am not really intimidated by anything/anyone or worrying about anything.
Also my face has more of a glow to it, people look at me more, it's easier to have conversations. People are quite nice and respectful to me, and I feel more inclined to consider others more in general.

Extreme phlegm and sinus issues that got worse when first taking the iodine are also finally fading (I've had this issue for years).

Facial hair growth seems thicker.

Somewhat more control over urges and impulses. I definitely need to start meditating more.

That's about it for now. I'm not sure how much of it can be put down to the iodine, but I'm pretty sure it's doing something!

Carl said:
Nightmares. I've been having a few. Last night was really strong and graphic - Apocalyptic "Mad Max" scenario with a Dark Man/demon that killed my friends and presented me with their freshly-skinned faces.

I was having some real bad nightmares last week with the iodine. Really vivd and horrific ones where I'd wake numerous times in the middle of the night. I did some research and it seems to be the detoxing of bromide, I guess its also to do with the dark thoughts/ depression side effects of detoxing this stuff.

Hopefully your nightmares subside!

Carl said:
I feel like I have more self confidence in the day, and I am not really intimidated by anything/anyone or worrying about anything.
Also my face has more of a glow to it, people look at me more, it's easier to have conversations. People are quite nice and respectful to me, and I feel more inclined to consider others more in general.

That's about it for now. I'm not sure how much of it can be put down to the iodine, but I'm pretty sure it's doing something!

Same with me! I was not sure to talk about this but me too I, since I take iodine, have more conversations with people, as if people wanted to talk with me, find me the ideal person to exchange ideas and profound sentiments. I am a very amicale person and a good listener, but this is different, the people who talks to me are interesting, talk about interesting things. Very strange! And I feel positive. It is not just I listen and they talk,no, they talk, I listen and we exchange ideas. Iodine can do this? :huh:

I've been continuing to feel pretty good with the iodine. The temperature finally dipped down here recently (quite a bit) and, whereas I used to be very sensitive to the cold and shiver within minutes of being out in even moderately cold weather with multiple layers on, I feel comfortable down to much lower temperatures without shivering uncontrollably. I feel like I've also been continuing to lose body fat even though I didn't have a particularly large excess amount.

One of the other things that I've noticed with the iodine is that I've felt like my need for magnesium has increased. I'm not sure if there's any direct relationship or whether it's the result of iodine speeding up my metabolism and therefore increasing my need for magnesium to keep up with the increased rate of enzymatic functions, or something else, but an increased need for magnesium, along with the increased need for Tyrosine, could be related to chocolate cravings. Since increasing my magnesium intake, the cravings have reduced.

I did a quick search but didn't find much of interest about iodine and magnesium, though I thought this was interesting with regards to autoimmune Thyroid disorders:

_http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/2013/12/29/companion-nutrients-the-key-to-iodine-protocol/
Magnesium
  • necessary for over 300 enzyme reactions in the body.
  • along with 100mg of iodine per day, improves patients self reported fibromyalgia scores.
  • along with iodine, improves autoimmune goiter, atrophy and fibrosis.
  • essential for the production of ATP, which is used for maintaining body temps and as a source of energy.
The iodine researchers found that what leads to development of autoimmune thyroid disease (Hashimoto’s, Graves) is magnesium deficiency together with low iodine, low antioxidants, and high calcium. Sounds like a description of the standard modern diet, heavy on the dairy and processed foods, doesn’t it?

Back
Top Bottom