Iodine and Potassium Iodide

Mandatory Intellectomy said:
Thebull said:
Late afternoon early evening - Selenium 1 200 mg tablet
I hope you mean "one 200mcg tablet", i.e. not 1200 and not mg.
sorry MI that's a 100 mcg i may take 2 a day and see how I go

I only started taking my selenium about 2 weeks ago and thinking about taking another tablet to help me with the detox I'm currently looking into this.
It's not recommended to go over 400mcg, as selenium gets toxic at higher levels. You have to consider that you're probably getting some from food as well, so you may not want to supplement more than 200mcg daily. I think if you take 200 every day, it should be enough if you do it over a longer period of time.

The other reason is I have always as long as I can remember had cold hands and feet.
I have that too. Has it changed on the iodine? My high doses (400mg) haven't done anything in that regard.
my hands seem to have improved noticeably but feet are the same

I keep thinking about upping the dose now to see what happens (nuke theory)as I am used to my routine now. My concern is I have never metal detoxed before so I need to ensure I am more prepared for this.
You can increase by 1 drop every few days and observe the effects, but if you're already detoxing, you might just take it slowly and keep it at that level. Also, as iodine is more for just removing the toxins from their place, you might want to use some chelating agents that help carry it out of the body, like Chlorella etc. That should relieve some detox symptoms that may be caused by the toxins running around the body.
yes I think it would be a good idea to take something to assist with the detox and cold symptoms. I'll look at Chlorella and Laura has mentioned and nac/gualafensin so maybe some things that can help. I'm inclined to stay on the same level of iodine as no point in increasing as I feel what I've taken has made a difference

Thanks for the response I'll be pleased if I manage to get rid of the cold symptoms seems to have gone on for a while now.

From mid December until 3 days ago I stopped doing the 5% Lugols, as I had a detox reaction, which gave me a sore throat, aching teeth and ears, also a continuous clearing of my throat bringing up small amounts of phlegm. So on Thursday I started back on my Lugols with one drop in the am per day, I plan to slowly build that up as I think I was too quick to step it up last time.

Today I was transferring the Lugols to a small dropper bottle, for ease of use and travel, when I inadvertantly dropped a drop on my bench top (luckily it's black), so I scooped it up with my fingers and decided to dab it directly on my skin in the elbow crook on both arms, my arms and index fingers were both very dark orange/brown, yet 2-3 hours later there was no sign of Iodine, I was amazed I was so low.

I always start my day with warm salted (Himalayan) water and follow my after breakfast Lugols with co-factors and a couple of hours later vit C (ascorbic acid powder) and more salted water.

ge0m0 said:
The biggy for me has been depression. I had an episode last night that was really troubling. And also what Joe said about not being able to dissociate rings true, such that a little thing, some personal interaction or recalling an old memory, snowballed and triggered a major episode of depression.

If it cannot be attributed to bromide detox, then probably DMSA to help chelate mercury will be helpful.

I take 100-200mg every two days or so at night and it surely does something.

Hello guys, hope you're doing well!

I've just finished reading this thread and I must say I'm profoundly grateful for all the research and sharing done, it's amazing to have access to such a forum!

Well, I've ordered my 5% Lugol's solution and the other cofactors prescribed by Dr. Brownstein at the end of November. As the Lugols arrived after only 3 days while the supplements took more than a week and half to come, I started to take 1 drop of it every day after breakfast, together with the salted water soon after waking up.

I didn't notice anything unusual while on this routine, except feeling less sleepy in the afternoons and needing less sleep overall.

When the other cofactors arrived (Selenium, Magnesium, Niacin - yes, that should be Niacinamide but I learned later and Vit B2) I gradually upped the dose to 2 drops of Lugols per day while taking all together after breakfast. The Vit C I ordered arrived only this week (1g per capsule), and I'm taking it too until I make my own liposomal, as Gaby and others suggested.

So I've been taking 2 drops of the 5% solution of Lugols for approximately a month now. What I've noticed:

Less acne (blackheads and pimples),
No more skin rashes caused by Herpes Simplex virus
Runny nose and constipations occasionally
More energy and metal clarity at work
Hands and feet feel warmer, less painful to bathe in cold water (though that could be due to the summer season)
Bouts of irritability and emotional instability but no severe depression as others had
More hunger and thirst, also felt less the urge to smoke before sleep
Used the Lugols topically to deal with some aching and nasty ringworm, it worked like a charm
Dreams are more lively, though not so easy to remember

Quote from: DreamGod on January 05, 2016, 07:11:51 PM

Thank you Laura for you response and taking the time. There are a lot of things I dont, I try to read as much as I can (I dont have much time) and I thought I was having a healty diet (Not Paleo) but I will read more about this and try to understand it. I dont feel sick or weak, but I guess I can improve following this advice.

Have a great day!

Unless you have some serious health issues, maybe a conservative approach is best? Like just adding a couple drops of Lugols in water per day after breakfast, and being sure to drink a couple of glasses of lightly salted water per day for detoxing? Like one first thing in the morning, one in the afternoon. Vit. C is usually good for conservative programs, so include that in the afternoon for a pickup; and ditch the booze and count your carbs.

That's simple enough.

I guess my condition is similar to DreamGod, as a relatively healthy male with some minor health issues (following a Keto diet for some months along with EE's exercises and pipe breathing), so I'm being conservative in my approach to the protocol. I'm planning to buy some good probiotics, NAC, multi-minerals, krill oil and chlorella based on what I've read here recently. Also planning to reread some sections of The Iodine Crisis and dr. Brownstein's book (read too fast I think) along with all the links and books online cited throughout the thread!

Thanks again!

Anyone have a recommendation for purchasing DMSA? A quick search online looks pretty pricey around $1 per capsule.

Ennio said:
On the subject of feeling sick, down, depressed, etc. like several of us here, I was very heartened to read Joe’s account because it only goes to show that these effects happen to the very best of us and we can use his example of reaching out to both help ourselves, and pave the road for others who either are or may experience something similar. And if the great response to Dr. Gaby's article is any indication, there may be a lot of folks learning from this thread even if they don't post or are even members of the forum.

There may be a big emotional/psychological component to doing the iodine detox (or any serious detoxifying it seems). It's as though there are cells or physical memories of emotions and psychological states that are getting dredged up and released but also re-experienced as the process is occurring. Or, if it isn't quite this, the very process of detoxing causes us to feel ‘low’ as we know during a lot of illnesses. And this 'feeling low' somehow gets associated in our minds to memories of our worst mental states and so we seem to experience those mental states then. Just speculating here though.

One example of how this might occur was illustrated in a TV show I once saw, which I always thought was pretty insightful: The main character wakes up in the middle of the night and says to his wife, "I feel terrible! My life is terrible! I feel like I'm going through a mid-life crises". Then he runs to the bathroom, throws up, and then says, "No -- the fish I ate for dinner was bad!"

Thanks for this Emino & Joe, it really helped today.
I'm really sick today, cold symptoms with vomiting, sweats etc. This also comes with depression, feeling lonely, hopelessness etc. I can't even find any way to fully dissociate, everything I'm doing doesn't take away how I feel or how my thoughts are effecting me. Illness really does make EVERYTHING seem a lot worse, I've been double stressed about everything all day.
I tried to go out for an hour or so before, but literally felt that bad that I could cry. Being ill is hard! It's like this day has been totally wasted.

genero81 said:
Anyone have a recommendation for purchasing DMSA? A quick search online looks pretty pricey around $1 per capsule.

I don't think you'll do much better than that. The brand we have is this one. Which is a bit less than $1 per 100mg capsule.

http://www.dmsachelation.com/product/120-capsules-dmsa-synergy/

You'll probably need the 120 cap bottle. 45 would only give you 5 days at 900mg a day. 120 will give you the chance to do at least 5 rounds of 3 days at 900mg/day (split into 3x300mg doses - morning, afternoon and evening.

Lilyalic said:
Ennio said:
On the subject of feeling sick, down, depressed, etc. like several of us here, I was very heartened to read Joe’s account because it only goes to show that these effects happen to the very best of us and we can use his example of reaching out to both help ourselves, and pave the road for others who either are or may experience something similar. And if the great response to Dr. Gaby's article is any indication, there may be a lot of folks learning from this thread even if they don't post or are even members of the forum.

There may be a big emotional/psychological component to doing the iodine detox (or any serious detoxifying it seems). It's as though there are cells or physical memories of emotions and psychological states that are getting dredged up and released but also re-experienced as the process is occurring. Or, if it isn't quite this, the very process of detoxing causes us to feel ‘low’ as we know during a lot of illnesses. And this 'feeling low' somehow gets associated in our minds to memories of our worst mental states and so we seem to experience those mental states then. Just speculating here though.

One example of how this might occur was illustrated in a TV show I once saw, which I always thought was pretty insightful: The main character wakes up in the middle of the night and says to his wife, "I feel terrible! My life is terrible! I feel like I'm going through a mid-life crises". Then he runs to the bathroom, throws up, and then says, "No -- the fish I ate for dinner was bad!"

I'm really sick today, cold symptoms with vomiting, sweats etc. This also comes with depression, feeling lonely, hopelessness etc. I can't even find any way to fully dissociate, everything I'm doing doesn't take away how I feel or how my thoughts are effecting me. Illness really does make EVERYTHING seem a lot worse, I've been double stressed about everything all day.
I tried to go out for an hour or so before, but literally felt that bad that I could cry. Being ill is hard! It's like this day has been totally wasted.

Sorry to hear, lilyalic!

The iodine protocol can be pretty brutal and I find I can only take two drops at 5% for a few days at a time before severe depression and dark thoughts start to settle in. Last night felt like the end of the world for me and I had only upped my dose to 3 drops the previous day. I had not smoked in a few days (and was feeling pretty good two days earlier) so needed to smoke a few pretty badly just to settle my mind and emotions a bit, but also cranked the A/C in my car and noticed the cold also helped. I saw in a previous post you are taking 20mg, do you have anyone who can muscle test you to see what your body is saying regarding taking more iodine at the moment? If not, I would suggest cutting it out until you start to feel better and go at a lower dose. Phosphatidyl choline, if you have any, will help with settling your nervous system down a bit. Same with green tea. I notice that helps, especially in the evening, and also treat yourself to a nice, warm shower. Sounds like you need it!

:hug2:

Turgon said:
Sorry to hear, lilyalic!

The iodine protocol can be pretty brutal and I find I can only take two drops at 5% for a few days at a time before severe depression and dark thoughts start to settle in. Last night felt like the end of the world for me and I had only upped my dose to 3 drops the previous day. I had not smoked in a few days (and was feeling pretty good two days earlier) so needed to smoke a few pretty badly just to settle my mind and emotions a bit, but also cranked the A/C in my car and noticed the cold also helped. I saw in a previous post you are taking 20mg, do you have anyone who can muscle test you to see what your body is saying regarding taking more iodine at the moment? If not, I would suggest cutting it out until you start to feel better and go at a lower dose. Phosphatidyl choline, if you have any, will help with settling your nervous system down a bit. Same with green tea. I notice that helps, especially in the evening, and also treat yourself to a nice, warm shower. Sounds like you need it!

:hug2:

Thankyou, Turgon. I was actually off the Iodine for a week before I got this illness (but had been on it weeks prior), so I'm not entirely sure whether it's the Iodine that caused it or it was an illness picked up. I started back on the Iodine yesterday somehow thinking that it MAY help kill whatever is going on. I've only had 4 smokes today...
Sorry to hear that you felt that bad last night, I know the feeling. I almost feel like I feel TOO much and it's just all over the place, the Iodine really has boosted some things within me.

I did the muscle testing with Carl a few weeks ago, 6 drops seemed the strongest for me at 12%, but that kept making me ill and developed extreme sore throats from it so I dropped to 4. Took the week off Iodine over Christmas and New years, as I figured eating sugary treats around that time, it wouldn't have been very useful on the Iodine. I'll be sure to do the muscle testing soon again though, good point!..

Thank you for the suggestions, I'll definitely give them a try. I'll see about the Phosphatidyl choline too.
I hope you start to recover soon too, :hug2:

I'm really wondering about this depression thing that so many have reported particularly since the Cs talked about it as all being connected to the endocrine system and that this system is your connection to higher densities/etc.

I haven't had the depression part other than the general depression that we get here doing the work we do day after day. But that's pretty normal and I'm able to get through it and have some bright spots now and then.

So what is going on, I wonder? Is the depression that some of you feel a sort of awakening/tapping into the emotional center that is otherwise somnolent?

As for the being sick with the head/chest cold thing, yeah, it's been a real ordeal but, like I said, I think that colds are one of the ways the body detoxes. At least I was told that was the case a long time ago by a natural healer. I'm just making sure that I keep the expectorants going in and the expectorations coming out!

Laura said:
I'm really wondering about this depression thing that so many have reported particularly since the Cs talked about it as all being connected to the endocrine system and that this system is your connection to higher densities/etc.

I haven't had the depression part other than the general depression that we get here doing the work we do day after day. But that's pretty normal and I'm able to get through it and have some bright spots now and then.

So what is going on, I wonder? Is the depression that some of you feel a sort of awakening/tapping into the emotional center that is otherwise somnolent?

As for the being sick with the head/chest cold thing, yeah, it's been a real ordeal but, like I said, I think that colds are one of the ways the body detoxes. At least I was told that was the case a long time ago by a natural healer. I'm just making sure that I keep the expectorants going in and the expectorations coming out!

I was wondering something similar, in regards to most members feeling this depression. Recently, there's been discussions on feeling lonely, struggling with integrating in our "normal lives" etc. I certainly feel it, and I know others have been feeling it too. I keep thinking to myself that it must be worth something, there just has to be something at the end of it all.

Lilyalic said:

Sorry you're feeling bad Lilyalic! What dose are you on now? Maybe back off a little for a while until you feel better?

Joe said:
Sorry you're feeling bad Lilyalic! What dose are you on now? Maybe back off a little for a while until you feel better?

20mg from yesterday after a week off, but I think it may be for the best to keep off it until I'm better, you're probably right.

Thank you, Joe! :)

Laura said:
Realistically speaking, is not a situation that creates our response to it, but our perception of a stressful event. Therefore, learn different perspective of things is half the work done IMO.

I think some people experience the depression differently. Just to share some personal experience with this "depression": Sometimes it is a general depression about the state of the world, but I would call it more of a sadness rooted in conscience. It doesn't feel debilitating and actually makes one want to act more, to be more moral.
The other depression is a closed minded, narcissistic kind of depression, where you just want to shut off the world, ignore everything and dissociate. This type is debilitating and seems to serve no useful purpose what so ever.

I can, and tend to, get into this depression mode when 1) It's winter, 2)I feel lonely, don't have people immediately around and 3) I don't have any spare energy to just get stuck into Doing something. I think I'm getting better at climbing out of this hole when I find myself in it.

Can't do much about 1.

Solutions for 2 can be as simple as posting on the forum (which also covers 3 somewhat), or doing something social like a class or activity - I'm looking at getting back into this more.

Regarding number 3, for me it proves helpful to just push aside or push through depressive thoughts and work on something. I know there are warnings about ignoring your internal issues and focusing on external work, but I've never been the workaholic type. Quite the opposite in fact. So for me this is quite therapeutic when I manage to do it.

Back
Top Bottom