Jeff Rense EXPOSED!!

What Rense.com is not talking about

Ruth said:
Well, I would say that the truth has a habit of coming out whether we like it or not.
Ruth, I would very much like you to take an hour or so (or reply tomorrow) and think about things you post about regarding politics in other threads, and whether those things are consistent with the above statement you have made.

Then think about the many daily news articles published on the Signs page and whether those articles are consistent with the above statement you have made.

Then think about the current situation in Iraq and Palestine, and think about whether that is consistent with the above statement you have made.

I'm not telling you to do this. I'm asking you. Very sincerely and honestly asking you if you will do this for me.

I am challenged to understand the purpose of your last post Ruth. Maybe I'm just dense, but it seems to be an unclear presentation of truisms.

Ruth said:
Perhaps (and I'm not sure of this) it easier to change these than it is to 'see' (discernment). Maybe it is for some, and perhaps others find the reverse easier.
Stating the above, even with the qualification of not being sure is, IMO, a missing of the point regarding the concepts of 'seeing', and the 'transcendence of conditioning'. You WILL "see" if you overcome conditioning. You WILL overcome conditioning as you learn to "see". The degree of your seeing is the degree that you are free of conditioning. It is the true "I" that sees. Deconditioning liberates the true "I". To consider seeing and deconditioning as two separate and independent processes is to miss the whole point IMO. If I am wrong, please let me know.

Ruth said:
You'd be surprised how many people actually can read between the lines and see what is there (some element of truth) and I don't think this ability comes just to people who have been around for a long period of time, or are more 'experienced' in whatever way - that can just as easily be used as an excuse for self importance.
You'd be surprized how many people can jump to false conclusions when they have confused by statements like the one above. The devil here is the "some element of truth" part. Every manipulator uses "some element of truth". It is taking that "some element" as the WHOLE truth that allows people to be fooled by confusing statements.

Now that statement about "experience" sounds something a child told me once: "just because you're an adult you think you know everything!" So experience, which is the application of learning, amounts to self importance? Someone who has never been burned is more or just as qualified to understand burning than someone who has? That just does not make sense to me. If experience counts for nothing, then what are we doing here?

Ruth said:
There seems to me to be all these different inate levels of discernment, that don't depend on doing certain things, or saying certain things. I wonder what that's all about. Maybe we're not all just like animals afterall and that there's a bit more to humanity than we think.
I wonder what that's all about as well. That whole paragraph just went over my head. Who said we're all just like animals? What "innate" levels of discernment? Are you saying that just because you can't "see" something it doesn't exist? The discernment described in these threads is based on clear principles. Luckily, anyone with the patience to read through them can see that. To pop out like a jack in the box, and just make ad hoc statements really underestimates the intelligence of readers here if you think they will take those statements seriously.

In my experience, truth does not have a "habit" of coming out. Just the opposite, has a habit of staying hidden. Lies have a habit of popping up all over the place, and we have a habit of believing them, internal and external. Takes conscious effort to actually find truth and get rid of our past habits that almost always lead to more illusion.

Lies do have a habit of leaving clues that may be followed to lead to truth - like cracks in the foundation. But truth never ever fully comes out, the effort must be exerted to see the signs and make sense of what you're seeing yourself, osit. This usually requires knowledge of other truths, experience, getting rid of assumptions and biases, and other things.

Another thing I disagree with you on, as Eso did as well, is experience. I think experience does lead to more knowledge and awareness. It's actually those who have no experience that claim authority or knowledge that are usually speaking from self importance and/or wishful thinking, osit. Although experience leads to more knowledge, it can also help ego and self-importance as well, since people use their experience or old age to feel "above" those who have less experience or may be younger in general. Age is a factor in aquisition of knowledge, but it's not linear, and sometimes younger people can be more knowledgeable in certain things than older - even if those older may make the assumption that just because they ARE older, they know more. But in some cases, age definitely is important, and so that assumption isn't an assumption but a fact - the devil is in the details. So while experience CAN be used as an excuse to put yourself on a pedestal and feel more important or better than others simply because of your greater experience with something, this does not discount the validity of the experience itself. So one must be careful not to throw out the baby with the bathwater. Ego doesn't automatically mean the person is inexperienced or stupid - just means the ego is also present, osit.

The question I guess is, ego or no ego, does the person who claims to know really know and have real experience, or not? And I fail to see how this has anything to do with the discussion here. Some members of this forum have experience with dynamics that exist in Ruth's posts. Could this comment by Ruth have been a sort of casual suggestion that when we call her out on something and say that we have experience with this dynamic and so can SEE it, that we're just using our experience as an excuse for self importance, and so what we're seeing isn't true because it's all a result of our self importance?

This is not what Ruth said, and I'm not saying that she said or implied this, but I'm just throwing that out as a possibility and because I see no other connection between what she is saying now and what just transpired on the thread right before. I know from my *chorus* experience that the predator, when it has been spotted enough times, can become real subtle and almost invisible, but as long as it remains in charge, it will continue to make attempts at maintaining its position even if it means very subtle but effective manipulation of the mind. So the more it is detected, the less obvious and more subtle it will become. The point of course is that if someone is not fooled, the tactics must be changed - but the dynamic must remain. So the result is a lot more truth or "truisms", a lot more rational seeming thoughts, but with a "twist" that is barely detectable, though it does have an effect on the mind that fails to detect the twist, and that is the whole point.

Anyway, just some thoughts, but again, I may be seeing this completely wrong - but something to consider anyway.

P.S. - this is reflected macrocosmically in religion for example too. Those who see through religion, for those there is New Age and other more "subtle" manipulations. Those who see through that, there's even more subtle manipulation for them - with even more truth intermixed with just enough lies at crucial points to maintain them sleeping. And the same thing in politics. What American government is doing won't be exactly what the Nazis did, it is more subtle, more thought-out, less obvious, but the dynamic is exactly the same and so is the result. Although in part, it is not even more subtle, it is sometimes very blatant - but because many people are triggered by certain specifics or words, those words are not used etc. The dynamic is therefore the same, but the specifics can change of how it is executed to create the impression of something else entirely for those who can only see specifics but do not see the underlying dynamic.

Ryan said:
Ruth said:
Well, I would say that the truth has a habit of coming out whether we like it or not.
Ruth, I would very much like you to take an hour or so (or reply tomorrow) and think about things you post about regarding politics in other threads, and whether those things are consistent with the above statement you have made.
Well, I would say that the statement quite consistent with my meaning, but I can see a problem with semantics here or understanding.

Like, where is 'the truth' coming out from? Was it always hidden? I think not. Perhaps it was always there to begin with. Because we live in the world we do, forces that control it, swing into action and try to suppress, or hide truth, be it facts, connections, awareness or knowledge etc. This actually takes a lot more energy to do than simply letting people discover stuff or telling them the truth. This appears to be the case on an individual level, as well as on the macro level as well. Cover-ups cost money, time and 'try' everyones patience. Especially when the Matrix Control System has to swing into action in order to supress stuff.

The weird thing is, this means that 4D sts is actually putting energy INTO the system, in order to create the bugs, glitches or barriers for people looking for the truth (or some part of it). Granted this is unwanted energy, but its' energy never the less. Its the energy required to restrict knowledge.

By 'we', I meants STS beings. Everyone here, and everyone 'out there' trying to 'force' supression of things and hiding the real power structure of this planet. Macro as well as micro. Since we are all sts beings as well (to various degrees), then we must also be engaging is this sort of 'lying' or hiding of the truth on some level.

The question I would have is, does 'the truth' really 'come out' or was it always there, all the while? And we chose to engage in energy using methods of avoiding it or suppressing it.

I take it from your request that you think 'the truth' (or any part of it) never, ever, ever, comes out and is not and will never be within the grasp of the ordinary human being. That must be very depressing. Or I could be wrong. Perhaps you think that some people have 'cornered the market' in truth revealing and they should attempt to keep it that way?

So, how do you feel when the Signs people or members of the forum do reveal the truth (or some part of it)? Mind you, it has occured to me that you want me to be 'seen' as inconsitent, lying and/or 'difficult' in the other threads too, that I am supposedly 'bannished' to, as well as the in the ones that have anything to do with 'the work' (however you define 'work'- its a bit like 'truth' don't you think?). I think that's quite amusing. Being inconsitent means being wrong and it gives out the impression that where-ever I go, I should be roundly ignored and everything I say rejected and dismissed as unimportant. That's perfectly ok, if people want to do that. It never was a problem. Lucy has already stated that's how people should react to what I say on any thread that deals with 'the work'. Did you really have to go about doing the same thing in such a round about way? Especially as its totally uncessary. People have the right to exercise their free will and that includes forming their own opinions and testing their own hypotheses (about people too).

Ruth, can you answer one question, one simple question - what is your PURPOSE of being here? What do you WANT to achieve by interacting with members of this forum?

Ruth said:
Like, where is 'the truth' coming out from? Was it always hidden? I think not. Perhaps it was always there to begin with. Because we live in the world we do, forces that control it, swing into action and try to suppress, or hide truth, be it facts, connections, awareness or knowledge etc. This actually takes a lot more energy to do than simply letting people discover stuff or telling them the truth.
Truth/objective reality is always there, and there's always some way to find it. But it always takes effort to do it. That's a lot of alwayses! Even if it's not purposely hidden it takes effort to find and understand. But in this world, and to some degree practically everywhere, there's either some distortion of reality/deception or there's the potential for same. Even if no deception exists in a world, work must be done to guard against potential deception , even if it is unintentional etc. There's no free lunch.

Don't forget the source and direction and purpose of energy. Entropy is one source, Creativity is another. STO is one purpose, STS is another. Sometimes source can indicate purpose and vice versa.

This appears to be the case on an individual level, as well as on the macro level as well. Cover-ups cost money, time and 'try' everyones patience. Especially when the Matrix Control System has to swing into action in order to supress stuff.
Lizzies cannot control us unless we submitted to the entropic potential that was already within us in the first place.

My point here is that, even if there was no control system or lizzies, there still is no free lunch, still the truth does not come out by itself, still we must consciously exert effort to not submit to entropy and be conscious.

The weird thing is, this means that 4D sts is actually putting energy INTO the system, in order to create the bugs, glitches or barriers for people looking for the truth (or some part of it).
Well we also grow and cook our food so we can eat it later. But we still eat it and so get all that energy back, and more really. We exert energy for STS purpose, and from entropic source. Both, creativity and entropy take energy and effort. Just different kinds of energy and effort and for different reasons, coming from different sources. One is a conscious source, another more mechanical.

The question I would have is, does 'the truth' really 'come out' or was it always there, all the while? And we chose to engage in energy using methods of avoiding it or suppressing it.
Truth always there, illusion also always there in potential. Takes effort to "know" either one. On this world though, lies are the default, truth takes far more energy and effort to find since it contradicts our default state. On another world maybe truth is the default, and lies take far more energy to create and believe. So seeking lies also takes energy, it's just done mechanically and already programmed into our minds to do it all the time, so in a sense, it is "effortless" cuz we're so good at it. But we're not good at seeking truth, and it contradicts our entire state of being and this world at large, so it takes lots of effort, like swimming against the current. But current also has energy, otherwise it wouldn't flow in any direction. Just has entropically-produced energy.

I take it from your request that you think 'the truth' (or any part of it) never, ever, ever, comes out and is not and will never be within the grasp of the ordinary human being.
Keyword being grasp. Human still has to extend his hand and grasp it. That's what SOTT does - finds a way to grasp the truth. But SOTT is human beings. If you define "ordinary" as someone who is comfortable with illusions and lies, then you are correct, "the truth" (or any part of it) will never, ever, ever be within the grasp of the ordinary human being. Why? Because ordinary human being doesn't grasp. When starts grasping, will become extraordinary?

That must be very depressing.
Doesn't have to be, but the terror of the situation can be very depressing. If we're to seek truth, we must face reality as it is, no matter how depressing. One possible solution is to inspire all ordinary humans to choose to become extraordinary. Maybe one way is to make them all depressed about it too by consistently telling it as it is?

So, how do you feel when the Signs people or members of the forum do reveal the truth (or some part of it)?
I feel like they're making truth easier to grasp for everyone else, thus greatly increasing potential for different future, one that based on grasping truth. How do you feel?

Mind you, it has occured to me that you want me to be 'seen' as inconsitent, lying and/or 'difficult' in the other threads too, that I am supposedly 'bannished' to, as well as the in the ones that have anything to do with 'the work' (however you define 'work'- its a bit like 'truth' don't you think?).
It has occured to me that you've accepted that you are not inconsistent, lying and/or 'difficult' in lots of threads, and so, in your mind, the only reason someone may say this about you is because they WANT you to be seen as such. A question occured to me - why have "you" accepted the above as a given?

If you're confused about the definition of "the work" and of truth, this may be a bad sign. Check the SOTT glossary. Mind you, it probably won't help. But you don't seem to mind at all, that's why it may not help. (gotta love english).
Being inconsitent means being wrong and it gives out the impression that where-ever I go, I should be roundly ignored and everything I say rejected and dismissed as unimportant.
I think it's important, but not always in the way you intended it to be. This thread is important in that way too.
That's perfectly ok, if people want to do that. It never was a problem. Lucy has already stated that's how people should react to what I say on any thread that deals with 'the work'.
For a few seconds there I felt pity after I read that, felt like you were being treated unfairly, almost victimized. Wow. See I told you this thread was important :P

Did you really have to go about doing the same thing in such a round about way? Especially as its totally uncessary. People have the right to exercise their free will and that includes forming their own opinions and testing their own hypotheses (about people too).
Ok I'm going to quote what Laura said in another thread, as it relates to what you just said. It will be out of context, but I think it fits with the context of this thread as well, and it reflects what I wish to say but Laura already said it very well so I'll use that instead.

Laura said:
We don't want the forum to deteriorate into a food fight, and we intend to preserve the free will of those who want to discuss and not be inundated with schizoidal and paranoid nonsense.

But that leads to the issue: how do we do this without acting like paranoid characteropaths ourselves?

We have had to give thought to this problem for a number of years now, especially after the interactions with Vinnie Bridges and gang. When we booted them from the list, of course they began to rant "cult" and "totalitarian" and "violation of free speech" and so on.

Well, at the time, we didn't understand what was happening in terms of ponerization. But we certainly understood that OUR free will to be free of manipulation was being violated. We also understood that these rants were attempts to manipulate others into agreeing with them that WE had no rights at all.

Over time, as we observed this behavior, we began to get a glimmer of just how the "giving" tendencies of individuals could be so easily manipulated by liars using what are generally accepted as "truths". That later led to understanding of "the cult of the plausible lie." And so on.

At the same time, we could see how this same approach of the liars and manipulators was exactly that: cultic, "totalitarian" and a "violation of free speech." (Not to mention Free Will.)

Well, we certainly knew that, in our case, we were not a cult, nor were we being totalitarian nor violating anyone's right to Free Speech. But, we could see how it could easily TURN that way if we tried to establish hard and fast rules about it.

Every time the same issue came up with various early cass discussion group members who tried the manipulation game and ended up on the outside, either because we exposed them and they unsubbed, or because we unsubbed them for violation of our very liberal "rules," the whole "cult" rant would begin again. What's more, we could see that this appeal - "my free speech has been violated! Don't I have rights, too?! - to the giving nature of the normal person had a strange affect on people's minds.

We started thinking about social and cultural rules in general and saw how so many things that are accepted as "normal" were used AGAINST normal people in the hands of psychopaths, pathocrats, etc.

We now have a much better understanding of this from Lobaczewski and descriptions of the Ponerization processes. Well, as noted above, we have given a LOT of thought to this for a LONG time now.

As mentioned above, there is the issue of ideological terms and moralistic statements extracted from a positive ideology being used by liars to manipulate and control "normal" people. Here is an excerpt from Ponerology about this:

Note: a "primary ponerogenic association" is one that begins, from the outset, with evil intentions, like a mafia or a criminal gang that makes no pretense of being "good." They are generally easily spotted. It is the "secondary ponerogenic associations" that are more problematical. This is a group that starts out with a positive ideology (whether perfect or not, at least there are good intentions and some good ideas) and is gradually subverted to the use of evil. One example is Christianity and how it has been coopted for control and to justify wars and murder. Another more recent one is the republican party "revived" by the "Neocons."

Lobaczweski said:
An ideology of a secondarily ponerogenic association is formed by gradual adaptation of the primary ideology to functions and goals other than the original formative ones.

A certain kind of layering or schizophrenia of ideology takes place during the ponerization process. The outer layer closest to the original content is used for the group's propaganda purposes, especially regarding the outside world, although it can in part also be used inside with regard to disbelieving lower-echelon members.

The second layer presents the elite with no problems of comprehension: it is more hermetic, generally composed by slipping a different meaning into the same names. Since identical names signify different contents depending on the layer in question, understanding this "doubletalk" requires simultaneous fluency in both languages.

Average people succumb to the first layer's suggestive insinuations for a long time before they learn to understand the second one as well. Anyone with certain psychological deviations, especially if he is wearing the mask of normality with which we are already familiar, immediately perceives the second layer to be attractive and significant; after all, it was built by people like him.

Comprehending this doubletalk is therefore a vexatious task, provoking quite understandable psychological resistance; this very duality of language, however, is a pathognomonic symptom indicating that the human union in question is touched by the ponerogenic process to an advanced degree.
So, we see that using words in a certain way, a "doubletalk" way, is one of the signs of ponerization. That is, when people like Vinnie rant about "free speech," which we all accept as a positive thing, what they really mean is "freedom to lie and use manipulative tactics on anyone and everyone." When they accuse a group of being a "cult," it really means that the targeted group resists their attempts to lie and manipulate their way to the top within it.
This is from: http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=395&p=19

May be helpful to read that thread in full if you find time (or at least the rest of the post being quoted from), I thought it was a fascinating discussion, literally gold in terms of helping me and others learn to SEE.

And please correct me if I'm wrong, but what Ruth just said struck me as very similar to what I just quoted, especially the parts about free will and her "rights". Ruth, I'm not sure that every little bit of that quote is describing you, but most of it seems to match what I'm seeing in this thread. Especially the parts about free will.

P.S. - I have the free will to kill people if I want, but it doesn't mean that I won't be thrown in jail for it. Throwing me in jail is violating MY free will though, isn't it? How dare they. Drastic example but makes the point?

Ruth said:
EsoQuest said:
Think of how long people who had extensive experience with Ruth came to their conclusions. Imagine if someone without such experience encounters these public statements regarding someone they don't know and then Ruth counters with her own version. Confusion will most likely result, and new members can readily jump to conclusions without testing them. Learning is about testing.
Well, I would say that the truth has a habit of coming out whether we like it or not. And sacred cows have a habit of being 'shot at', which we definately don't like- especially if people have had them since childhood and relied on them much of their adulthood. Personality traits are apparently very hard to change. As is social 'conditioning'. Perhaps (and I'm not sure of this) it easier to change these than it is to 'see' (discernment). Maybe it is for some, and perhaps others find the reverse easier.

The key is to have an open mind and never assume. Test for yourself, and still keep an open mind. You'd be surprised how many people actually can read between the lines and see what is there (some element of truth) and I don't think this ability comes just to people who have been around for a long period of time, or are more 'experienced' in whatever way - that can just as easily be used as an excuse for self importance.

There seems to me to be all these different inate levels of discernment, that don't depend on doing certain things, or saying certain things. I wonder what that's all about. Maybe we're not all just like animals afterall and that there's a bit more to humanity than we think.
Yeah! Whatever.

It has been mentioned that this thread has significance as a leaning tool, so I wanted to chime in and say that I agree. This thread has helped me see things that I otherwise may not have.

I have found the dialogue, opinions and ideas expressed in this thread to be quite interesting and enlightening. Although there is disagreement here, there are lessons and truths to be found as well.

Although it may sound strange, recently this thread is the one I most look forward to reading each day. :)

j0da said:
Ruth, can you answer one question, one simple question - what is your PURPOSE of being here? What do you WANT to achieve by interacting with members of this forum?
Knowledge, awareness, sharing, and a sense of belonging. Those are my reasons. Are these common ones or not? I would have thought that they were, but they may not be. I don't know.

Fifth Way said:
jOda said:
What do you WANT to achieve by interacting with members of this forum?
Are you saying these things are not an act of achievement?
Knowledge, awareness, sharing, and a sense of belonging.
What would you say was, then? And how would you go about measuring it? Maybe you can answer the question too, and we'll see if our answers are much different?

Ruth said:
j0da said:
Knowledge, awareness, sharing, and a sense of belonging. Those are my reasons. Are these common ones or not? I would have thought that they were, but they may not be. I don't know.
Ok, I wasn't precise, for what I'm sorry. I'd like to correct myself.

I meant: what is your REAL PURPOSE of being here? What do you REALLY WANT to achieve by interacting with members of this forum?

Those questions if contemplated upon in a sincere manner would provide great insights. In our complex nature we can find purposes behind purposes, motives layered one over another in dozens. You are right, STATED (real or false or somewhere between) purposes of many people who call themselves "truthseekers" are common, but what lies beneath? You could write volumes about it and never run out of original cases.

Don't get me wrong, I in no way want to indicate, that you were insincere in your answer, I just think you have answered my question only partially. Behind the obvious there is much to discover. In the atmosphere of likemindedness one can find real help or merely a pool of energy which satisfies one's not so holy needs and urges. In our confusion we very often seek both and I'm not an exception for that matter. For a long long time I've been seeking occasions to argue or debate for the sake of debating. Not mentioning such funny things like an idea that picking chicks with a smart conspiracy/spiritual talk is way more cool than showing them my stamp collection.

Thruthseeking is a tricky business :D

Ruth said:
Fifth Way said:
jOda said:
What do you WANT to achieve by interacting with members of this forum?
Are you saying these things are not an act of achievement?
Knowledge, awareness, sharing, and a sense of belonging.
What would you say was, then? And how would you go about measuring it? Maybe you can answer the question too, and we'll see if our answers are much different?
Well - I guess what it really is is; I just don't buy anything you say anymore. Sorry. :(
I should stick with what I announced previously and not comment on your posts on principle. My mistake - won't happen again. It's a wast of time anyway.

PS:
Ruth said:
Knowledge, awareness, sharing, and a sense of belonging
... NO, I do not see you achieving any of it.

Ruth said:
Well, I would say that the statement quite consistent with my meaning, but I can see a problem with semantics here or understanding.
So you are saying I am wrong? That I do not understand what you are saying?

Ruth said:
Like, where is 'the truth' coming out from? Was it always hidden? I think not.
Oh, of course. I completely forgot the last time the nightly news did stories about Gurdjieff and Fulcanelli. It must have been after that documentary about how well Al Gore's presidency is going since Bush and dozens of Republicans went down in the US vote-rigging scandal of 2000.

Ruth said:
The weird thing is, this means that 4D sts is actually putting energy INTO the system, in order to create the bugs, glitches or barriers for people looking for the truth (or some part of it). Granted this is unwanted energy, but its' energy never the less. Its the energy required to restrict knowledge.
Can you remind me where they get this energy from again?

Ruth said:
I take it from your request that you think 'the truth' (or any part of it) never, ever, ever, comes out and is not and will never be within the grasp of the ordinary human being.
It literally gobsmacks me that you were able to distill such an idea from my request.

Ruth said:
Or I could be wrong.
Yes, you are.

Ruth said:
Perhaps you think that some people have 'cornered the market' in truth revealing and they should attempt to keep it that way?
"Cornered the market!?!?"
Must be a pretty small market then, cos I don't see anyone else doing what the QFG is doing.

Ruth said:
So, how do you feel when the Signs people or members of the forum do reveal the truth (or some part of it)?
I think you and I may have very different understandings of what Truth actually is.

Ruth said:
Mind you, it has occured to me that you want me to be 'seen' as inconsitent, lying and/or 'difficult' in the other threads too,
Ruth, I don't want you to be seen as anything other than what you are. I had a hope that you might even see it for yourself at one point, but I'm pretty sure now that true introspection is beyond your capabilities. Others see it. I suspect that you might possibly see it as well if your own words were presented to you as if written by someone else, and you had no memory of ever writing them.

Ruth said:
Being inconsitent means being wrong
No, being inconsistent means being inconsistent. I don't think you are wrong all the time. Some of the comments you have made in political threads have been spot on IMO.

Ruth said:
and it gives out the impression that where-ever I go, I should be roundly ignored and everything I say rejected and dismissed as unimportant.
And why should you care if it is? Do you need to be seen as saying "important" things? And if this "impression" is what people are giving out about you, how did they come to that impression? Could it be Ruth's opinions? Ruth's attitudes? Ruth's ignorance? No, never that... surely not. :rolleyes:

Ruth said:
That's perfectly ok, if people want to do that. It never was a problem. Lucy has already stated that's how people should react to what I say on any thread that deals with 'the work'.
And how did Lucy form such an opinion? Mein Gott! It must be the anti-Ruth conspiracy!

Ruth said:
Did you really have to go about doing the same thing in such a round about way? Especially as its totally uncessary. People have the right to exercise their free will and that includes forming their own opinions and testing their own hypotheses (about people too).
You say this like I could possibly do or say something to make it otherwise. It's ironic indeed that you yourself are proof that I am unable to change anybody's opinions based on what I say.

And not that I would wish to. If I could change you, you wouldn't be "Ruth" anymore. Despite the fact that I find you incredibly frustrating on occasion, the idea of imposing upon your essential "Ruth-ness" through sheer force of will/intellect does not appeal to me. There is no "heart" in such a path. It is the way of entropy.

And that is the crux of the matter. No matter what you might think, no one is trying to impose anything on you. However, this forum and space will not be used as a soapbox for those that wish to propound distorted ideas of the Work in order to preserve their own "Sacred Cows". It is simply not what the QFG is about.

Fifth Way said:
Ruth said:
Knowledge, awareness, sharing, and a sense of belonging
... NO, I do not see you achieving any of it.
Fifth Way you forget - these are just words, they can be used and interpreted in a million ways. Also, as noted in her previous post, Ruth is "consistent with her own meaning" - she has her own definitions of words and her own meanings for them. Just like invasion of Iraq and subjucation and slaughter of hundreds of thousands can be called "liberation" and "spreading freedom and democracy".

Another example is, ask a psychopath why he's running for government office, and he'll say he's there to serve our great nation and he just likes to help people. Not saying that Ruth is a psychopath (but not saying she's not either), but using that only as an example to make a point about language. I think you guys may have erronously assumed that Ruth will, against all odds, give you an honest answer, instead of an obvious textbook one. And when she failed to provide an answer that is consistent with YOUR observations of her true intentions (please note that she still disagrees with them), you guys were a bit surprised (by now you shouldn't be), and so tried to restate the question and emphasize parts of the question to get a real answer, again, with absolutely no result. Then you seemed to remember that asking a predator if he's a predator is a total waste of time, so you decided to leave it at that.

Anyway, this is the impression I got from what just transpired, and it did give me a chuckle when you guys were kinda shocked/surprised with Ruth's answer and tried to sort of ask it again right before you realised what you were doing :D

This is how it looked:

Forum: "Mr. President, what is the reason for your invasion of Iraq?"
President: "Why, to spread freedom and democracy and to liberate the people"
Forum: "Er wait, what we meant was, uh, based on all that happened in Iraq since the invasion, and considering none of those goals above have been accomplished but just the opposite, what is the REAL reason?"
President: "Guys, guys - *heh-heh-heh* *smirk* what would be YOUR reason to go into Iraq if you ever did so? Wouldn't it be the same as mine?"
Forum: "But what do you intend to ACCOMPLISH by going to Iraq, all things considered!!?"
President: "Same thing as all Americans want me to accomplish, freedom and democracy!"
Forum: "*all look at one another in confusion and shock* Uhhhh... nevermind, no further comment."

Isn't that what just happened? That's what it looked like :P

Back
Top Bottom