Recommended Books: Discussion

seek10 said:
I have the same problem. Getting time and retaining is tough. I started to getting the kindle books and use it with "kindle for PC" and you can underline , put your own comments and most of all, it gives list of underlining on the left side , so that going through again is much easier. Only problem is you need to be infront of computer for doing this unless you have a tablet or kindle and use it with out wi-fi.

Another technique that helps: Hubby installed a wiki program for me that lets me make 'blog posts', in which its possible to write out thoughts as I read something.
That helps a lot to 'anchor' an idea or concept. To get around the headaches, I wear a pair of wrap around sunglasses. Flat screens can be a bummer that way.

So far I've had to start "Strangers to Ourselves" twice. :rolleyes: As programs or thoughts crop up, I'm using the 'Redirect' exercises to 'blog' about it. Its very slow going, but if it sticks the info into the brain, I figure its useful. :flowers:

SolarMother honestly speaking I would expect much more from a FOTCM member and from a "long time" member of this forum.
for some ignorance is bliss and if that's the case here you may consider to go to another forum as anart suggested where subjectivity is more in the center of things.

Possibility of Being said:
SolarMother said:
I do not know why you call this word salad. The many books I have read on quantum physics speak of this resonance frequency speeding up in the times we live in, and it is not newagey...

:shock:

SM, what do you know about quantum physics? Could you give us a few examples of those "many books on quantum physics" that you've read?

And we're still waiting for the answer to this question. I'm quite curious to see the list.

You seemed to have missed my meaning, Solar Mother, though that's quite usual for you. I wasn't asking for the definition of resonate, I was asking you what it really means. What does it mean to you - personally - in real life? You see, you have a very strong tendency to co-opt words that you hear or read for your own use (often incorrectly). So, the reason I asked was to see if you were capable of actually describing what it means - in your own words.

It appears you are not capable of that.

The fact of the matter is that when newagers use the term resonate, what they really mean is that it makes them feel good. It 'matches' their own view of themselves or whatever subject is being discussed. That does not mean that it's true - please note this point, it's very important. Just because you 'resonate' with something does not make it true - it makes it 'feel good' to you - it doesn't bother you, or challenge your viewpoint or rub you the wrong way. In other words, especially in the case of newagers, and in your case, it supports and reinforces your illusions. That is my point.

Pashalis said:
SolarMother honestly speaking I would expect much more from a FOTCM member and from a "long time" member of this forum.
for some ignorance is bliss and if that's the case here you may consider to go to another forum as anart suggested where subjectivity is more in the center of things.

Hello Pashalis,
Your post is a judgement, not an observation.

mkrnhr said:
Pashalis said:

Hello Pashalis,
Pashalis, did you happen to see the post I wrote to you? In terms of that particular issue, you may not be as different as SM as you would like to believe.

mkrnhr said:
Pashalis said:

Hello Pashalis,

hmm.. I guess you are right. can you point out to me exactly what I'm not seeing clearly at the moment ?

I guess I should sometimes listen more to my "inner voice" that tells me : "Shut up! you have nothing usefull to add, just self important speaking, just for the reason that you feel the need to add something ".

Pashalis said:
mkrnhr said:
Pashalis said:

Hello Pashalis,

hmm.. I guess you are right. can you point out to me exactly what I'm not seeing clearly at the moment ?

I guess I should sometimes listen more to my "inner voice" that tells me : "Shut up! you have nothing usefull to add, just self important speaking, just for the reason that you feel the need to add something ".
Well now I think you're moving towards self pity. It's not that you "have nothing useful to add", but rather that you can sometimes tend to be hard on others unnecessarily in an attempt to "help". Guess what, you're definitely not alone in that. I've done it as well and then turned around and beat myself up for it when corrected! I know it's difficult, but feel that little by little you're coming along as we all are. Keep going.

Pashalis, I notice you rarely have anything positive or supportive to say to the forum members, but often chime in with (often valid) critiques. Seems kind of imbalanced. Why is this do you think?

Shijing said:
Possibility of Being said:
SolarMother said:
I do not know why you call this word salad. The many books I have read on quantum physics speak of this resonance frequency speeding up in the times we live in, and it is not newagey...

:shock:

SM, what do you know about quantum physics? Could you give us a few examples of those "many books on quantum physics" that you've read?

And we're still waiting for the answer to this question. I'm quite curious to see the list.

Yeah, I bet you are quite curious. Is there a required time for posting replies?
"Still waiting"(!)
So, here's the list--I may have forgotten one or two...I am sure you and other mods will find something wrong with this too!

Starting about 5-6 yrs ago:
The Holographic Universe (Talbot) The Field, The Bond(Taggart) The Tao of Physics (Capra)
Science and the Akashic Field, The Systems View of the World, The Connectivity Hypothesis, Quantum Shift and the Global Brain (Ervin Lazlo)
The Basic Code of the Universe (Massimo Citro)

anart said:
You seemed to have missed my meaning, Solar Mother, though that's quite usual for you. I wasn't asking for the definition of resonate, I was asking you what it really means. What does it mean to you - personally - in real life? You see, you have a very strong tendency to co-opt words that you hear or read for your own use (often incorrectly). So, the reason I asked was to see if you were capable of actually describing what it means - in your own words.

It appears you are not capable of that.

The fact of the matter is that when newagers use the term resonate, what they really mean is that it makes them feel good. It 'matches' their own view of themselves or whatever subject is being discussed. That does not mean that it's true - please note this point, it's very important. Just because you 'resonate' with something does not make it true - it makes it 'feel good' to you - it doesn't bother you, or challenge your viewpoint or rub you the wrong way. In other words, especially in the case of newagers, and in your case, it supports and reinforces your illusions. That is my point.

In my own words, simply--when I resonate with something it feels right and true.

truth seeker said:
mkrnhr said:
Pashalis said:

Hello Pashalis,
Pashalis, did you happen to see the post I wrote to you? In terms of that particular issue, you may not be as different as SM as you would like to believe.

wich post do you mean ? I can't find it or maybe read or over it ..

Pashalis said:
truth seeker said:
mkrnhr said:
Pashalis said:

Hello Pashalis,

wich post do you mean ? I can't find it or maybe read or over it ..
Actually, that was to another forum member who's name started with a P so disregard. See what I mean though by all of us making mistakes? It happens to everyone.

Sorry - but - again, you have an elementary understanding of many concepts and then convince yourself that you are an expert, thus you talk about it as if you know anything at all. You do it so consistently that it's blatantly obvious. It is word salad.

I am not an expert!

SolarMother said:
In my own words, simply--when I resonate with something it feels right and true.

Ok then, Do you resonate with the spirit of this forum?

Back
Top Bottom