Recommended Books: Discussion

cassandra said:
Pashalis, I notice you rarely have anything positive or supportive to say to the forum members, but often chime in with (often valid) critiques. Seems kind of imbalanced. Why is this do you think?

because I am not in balance. I'm a well working machine. there is so much that I have to learn and to apply here and in real live ....
it is one thing to write an act in this forum but it is quite another task to apply it to every day live !

to tell you honestly my words here are sometimes (as in this case) not well thought over or worse , but in real live it is "much worst" !.

I have a lot to learn especially in real live as some FOTCM members might have noticed in Barcelona.

SolarMother said:
Yeah, I bet you are quite curious. Is there a required time for posting replies?
"Still waiting"(!)
While there is no "required time" to reply, it's not difficult to pick up on patterns. You, SM have a pattern of ignoring replies at times when the going gets rough - you tend to wait it out a bit and then when you think it's been forgotten about start posting as if nothing's happened and all is forgotten. Not unusual but it is noticed.

SolarMother said:
In my own words, simply--when I resonate with something it feels right and true.

It seems you've missed anart's point by a country mile, or you couldn't have written the above.

anart said:
The fact of the matter is that when newagers use the term resonate, what they really mean is that it makes them feel good. It 'matches' their own view of themselves or whatever subject is being discussed. That does not mean that it's true - please note this point, it's very important. Just because you 'resonate' with something does not make it true - it makes it 'feel good' to you - it doesn't bother you, or challenge your viewpoint or rub you the wrong way. In other words, especially in the case of newagers, and in your case, it supports and reinforces your illusions. That is my point.

While the books you've listed may be interesting to a layman, the fact remains they've been severely simplified. Quantum theory requires decades of education to really be able to say something useful let alone original. Some of those books skate perilously close to unfounded speculation. That makes it easy to pick and choose ideas you "resonate" with, and mix them up terribly. Add a dollop of wishful thinking and it's a real mess. Everyone one here is patiently trying to point this out to you.

truth seeker said:
SolarMother said:
Yeah, I bet you are quite curious. Is there a required time for posting replies?
"Still waiting"(!)
While there is no "required time" to reply, it's not difficult to pick up on patterns. You, SM have a pattern of ignoring replies at times when the going gets rough - you tend to wait it out a bit and then when you think it's been forgotten about start posting as if nothing's happened and all is forgotten. Not unusual but it is noticed.

Maybe I need time to think and sort things out. Believe me, I never think anything has been forgotten!
I usually pull back when I feel misunderstood as well. But I always come back.

Ana said:
SolarMother said:
In my own words, simply--when I resonate with something it feels right and true.

Ok then, Do you resonate with the spirit of this forum?

I wouldn't keep coming back and going at it if I didn't. There is a lot of value around here.
I do however feel that it can get too dry and masculine around the forum. Why are there more men than women? Why is intuition seen as dangerous or called wishful thinking? Where is the feminine spirit?

SolarMother said:
Ana said:
SolarMother said:

I wouldn't keep coming back and going at it if I didn't. There is a lot of value around here.

Which is the value?

SolarMother said:
I do however feel that it can get too dry and masculine around the forum. Why are there more men than women?
Interesting that you believe more men than women have commented here re: your posts. The (more than) majority of the replies are from women.

SolarMother said:
There is a lot of value around here.

There would be a lot more value if you would have asked, not just repeat what you have found in popular books, and "resonate". Lot of nonsense is being printed in such books. To find out what is garbage and what is not - there is no other way for you than by asking the experts, the more the better - then THINK.

But you should start with just one expert.

So, if you have questions about quantum physics - perhaps start with asking me?

Ana said:
SolarMother said:
Ana said:
SolarMother said:

Which is the value?

Getting objective feedback. If I thought I was being heard and understoood I might be able to listen better. It has become painfully transparent to me that I might not be communicating very well. But I also think there could be more of a show of compassion because I am pretty darn sensitive, and when I feel hurt or misunderstood, I can lash out. My mother is a full blown grandiose narcissist. She's never apologized a day in her life. If you look at all my posts, you can see I have been trying.
I have to get offline in the next 1/2 hour.

ark said:
SolarMother said:
There is a lot of value around here.

There would be a lot more value if you would have asked, not just repeat what you have found in popular books, and "resonate". Lot of nonsence is being printed in such books. To find out what is garbage and what is not - there is no other way for you than by asking the experts, the more the better - the THINK.

But you should start with just one expert.

So, if you have questions about quantum physics - perhaps start with asking me?

OK, I am asking. Please tell me what you know. I'd love to hear it.

SolarMother said:
Ana said:
SolarMother said:

I do however feel that it can get too dry and masculine around the forum. Why are there more men than women? Why is intuition seen as dangerous or called wishful thinking? Where is the feminine spirit?

How do you know there are more men than women? You can't know someone's gender unless they state it.

Can you give some examples of where on the forum intuition has been 'seen as dangerous or called wishful thinking'?

Intuition can be remarkably accurate, but if you read Daniel Kahneman's book Thinking, Fast and Slow you will see that unless it is based in knowledge and expertise, it is no more accurate than guesswork.

SolarMother said:
I do however feel that it can get too dry and masculine around the forum.

That's very interesting. I find just the opposite. The feminine spirit is everywhere in this forum IMHO; in fact the forum wouldn't and couldn't exist without the feminine spirit. I'm male, by the way.

SolarMother said:
"Feminine spirit" doesn't mean that one should receive without giving. It also doesn't mean that everyone should go along to get along. If you can't see or don't understand the "feminine spirit" of this forum, perhaps it's because you don't really resonate with it?

Hi SolarMother.

Its been my experience, that when I 'resonate' with something, its not necessarily a positive event. The more 'at home' I feel in a situation, with a person, or a group upon first meeting...the more it can't be trusted to be a real perception of the situation.

Why is this? Because what tends to 'resonate' with us is what's familiar, which can be old entrenched programs that fit like a favorite pair of shoes. I learned to see that 'resonance' for the red flag it really was. Every time I didn't question this, or look for clues, I got hurt eventually.

When I first came here, yes, there were many things that 'resonated', but it was equaled by clanging against several programs I had running at the time, and yes that clanging drove me away from here until I could process it and come back again.

Does this sound close to what you are currently experiencing?

SolarMother said:
Ana said:
SolarMother said:
Ana said:
SolarMother said:

Which is the value?

Getting objective feedback.

And what are you doing with the objective feedback?

SolarMother said:
Getting objective feedback. If I thought I was being heard and understoood I might be able to listen better. It has become painfully transparent to me that I might not be communicating very well. But I also think there could be more of a show of compassion because I am pretty darn sensitive, and when I feel hurt or misunderstood, I can lash out. My mother is a full blown grandiose narcissist. She's never apologized a day in her life. If you look at all my posts, you can see I have been trying.
I have to get offline in the next 1/2 hour.
I think there's been quite a show of compassion on this forum's part - at least by my definition.

It also doesn't seem that you're really open to objective feedback as you do "lash out" when you receive it instead of really considering it and then coming back to reply.

So there seems to be other reasons that you're here. What part of you is fed by being on this forum?

Back
Top Bottom