The Carnivore Diet

Keyhole

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Just a note, in case you haven’t heard about it, but almonds supposedly contain a lot of oxalates that at least in large amounts cause all kinds of havoc on the body.Kale is also high in oxalates, and broccoli and cauliflower are moderately high in my understanding. Keyhole has many excellent videos on this, I recommend checking those out.

I’m saying this because I was on a ketogenic diet for years (ca 6 years) and was disappointed in the results-I just couldn’t get the energy levels up, at least not the way ‘everyone’ was talking about. But that changed when I cut out all veggies and every oxalate source, eating just meat and fat ca 5 months ago, and increasing my protein intake considerably. It’s been a bumpy ride with all kinds of ‘oxalate dumping’ symptoms, but so many things, energy levels included, have improved so I’m not going back, at least for now.
Generally the safest form of plant-based milk is coconut milk. The others has various kinds of nasty stuff in there. However, almond milk is the absolute worst in my opinion for people long-term.

I know many people who got quite sick from drinking almond milk and overdoing almond products. Definitely go for coconut, or at the very least, hemp milk!

Tuatha de Danaan

Jedi Council Member
FOTCM Member
I think @Tuatha de Danaan is already aware of this, but I just want to mention that @Keyhole said somewhere in the thiamine thread that thiamine can help with problems to gain weight. It might have been this post/video among others.
Yes mrtn and I am waiting with baited breath to see if thiamine, as Keyhole explained, will do the trick for me. This lock down has really hampered the launching of this thiamine which,from Keyhole's extensive research, looks as if it will do wonders for so many people. I'm just trying to test a few things in the meantime and not go to any extremes.

Tuatha de Danaan

Jedi Council Member
FOTCM Member
know many people who got quite sick from drinking almond milk and overdoing almond products. Definitely go for coconut, or at the very least, hemp milk!

I've been using Hemp milk for the last 1yr approx only because I never found it listed on any oxalate charts. However the amount I use a day is minimal as I'm now down to 2 cups of tea a day. The tea has been my nemesis but 2 cups as against 6-8 a year ago is a huge change for me.

Tuatha de Danaan

Jedi Council Member
FOTCM Member
What a coincidence that you have just today received potato starch. Good luck with experimenting with it then
Just an update Lukasz, Got my rice flour yesterday and made some pancakes using hemp mill and one egg to test. They were gorgeous, filling but not leaving me bloated. I felt much steadier the rest of the day. Looks like I shall be able to re-introduce eggs. I'm going to try Chu's bread tomorrow which will add some more choice. Thanks for the tips. ☺

Łukasz

Padawan Learner
Just an update Lukasz, Got my rice flour yesterday and made some pancakes using hemp mill and one egg to test. They were gorgeous, filling but not leaving me bloated. I felt much steadier the rest of the day. Looks like I shall be able to re-introduce eggs. I'm going to try Chu's bread tomorrow which will add some more choice. Thanks for the tips. ☺
Thanks for the update. I'm really happy to hear that! :-)
Maybe, keep an eye on the eggs though. You mentioned that you have been unable to eat them recently, so it may be wise to carefully monitor if there would be any reactions this time.
Good luck with the bread!

Top Bottom